Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Glass cannon. They hit hard but break very easy. Annoying yes, but not really a problem in the scheme of things.

they are not glass cannons. prolly they use third party kitten.

Hah. Classic. They must be hacking because you got beaten by one and are sore about it. Face it. Soulbeasts hit like a truck but to spec like that, they have limited defenses. This isn't druid we are talking about. If you want to talk about them (which I'm actually thinking the people on this thread are annoyed about), then start a thread about them.

no their long range shot was doing 4k crit on me. and my kill shot on full adrenaline did 3k on them. and im full zerk. if they'd be full zerk on medium armor, then it should be like +110% (on prot) or +150% (w/o prot).

and some "beast master" sb has a pet that has pet damage doing 3.5k on me and the original dmg listed on the skill was like 900. funny thing is that the skill which has the original damage of 1.4k did 171 dmg on me.

so yeh. some garbage bork bork kitten in teh world of tyria.

Wait wait.... You're full zerk and you are complaining that he is doing a 4K crit?

He is doing that damage likely with high power, and maybe got off a crit even if he didn't have much precision.

Also, If he is PTV, this is a completely plausible situation...

Won't even touch the Pet stuff.

PTV with 4k consecutive long range shot crit? who you foolin'?

Let me check your video. Ahh.. sorry, your screenshot...

Oh dang. Neither present.

I am not saying it happened the way I said. Simply noting it could have. In your first post, you said nothing about consecutive.

And are we talking about 2? 3 in a row?

Again, plausible. Not necessarily likely, but plausible. You made some assumptions that he was zerker. I noted he likely wasn't. If he was, your consecutive crits he hit you with would have been much higher.

It is assumed that it is consecutive since the topic is about ZERKER soulbeast (high prec/fero = crit almost all the time). you're insisting that it was PTV. PTV can't crit shit that much.

so who you foolin' again, men?

and yes i base what i spit on my anecdotal evidence. otherwise i won't be posting here.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Glass cannon. They hit hard but break very easy. Annoying yes, but not really a problem in the scheme of things.

Hah. Classic. They must be hacking because you got beaten by one and are sore about it. Face it. Soulbeasts hit like a truck but to spec like that, they have limited defenses. This isn't druid we are talking about. If you want to talk about them (which I'm actually thinking the people on this thread are annoyed about), then start a thread about them.

no their long range shot was doing 4k crit on me. and my kill shot on full adrenaline did 3k on them. and im full zerk. if they'd be full zerk on medium armor, then it should be like +110% (on prot) or +150% (w/o prot).

and some "beast master" sb has a pet that has pet damage doing 3.5k on me and the original dmg listed on the skill was like 900. funny thing is that the skill which has the original damage of 1.4k did 171 dmg on me.

Wait wait.... You're full zerk and you are complaining that he is doing a 4K crit?

He is doing that damage likely with high power, and maybe got off a crit even if he didn't have much precision.

I am not saying it happened the way I said. Simply noting it could have. In your first post, you said nothing about consecutive.

Again, plausible. Not necessarily likely, but plausible. You made some assumptions that he was zerker. I noted he likely wasn't. If he was, your consecutive crits he hit you with would have been much higher.

It is assumed that it is consecutive since the topic is about ZERKER soulbeast (high prec/fero = crit almost all the time). you're insisting that it was PTV. PTV can't crit kitten that much.

and yes i base what i spit on my anecdotal evidence. otherwise i won't be posting here.

Sure. I assumed you understood how power works and how defense works.

I also assumber you understood how ferocity works.

So... they were, in your words, Zerker? And you were, in your own words Zerker. But yet, they only did 3.5 k on crits on long range shot.

I guess I assumed you were more knowledgeable about how that would be significantly lower than expected.

So, it is far more likely they were not Zerker. More Likely they had fairly high toughness and fairly low ferocity. Both of which directs it away fro Zerker.

Look back at this thread at the auto attack numbers being thrown out there..

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Maybe i already play a full zerker soulbeast and know that this thread is clearly a l2p issue.

Let's put it in perspective. Try playing a full zerker necromancer or elementalist or revenant and check what happens.You will notice your damage is below that of your zerker soulbeast, your defense is mediocre at best and you will most likely in a second where the toolkit from your soulbeast (or thief, warrior, etc) will save you in four of five cases.

@geist.9173 said:Let's put it in perspective. Try playing a full zerker necromancer or elementalist or revenant and check what happens.You will notice your damage is below that of your zerker soulbeast

A zerker necro cant compete, sure. But a zerker elementalist (especially the scepter wombo combo)? Or a s/s reve? Both got gapclosers to port to you, unload a combo that'll bleed you dry, then disengage. Oh and i know. Especially with pure zerker revenant. I played that shit, not having touched revenant in over a year, and i got kills upon kills in pure zerker gear. It was laughably easy.

Not to mention, i can't believe i have to say this, soulbeast is clearly designed to be a high damage spec. The whole idea of the spec is damage, damage, damage. A spec to give damage to a otherwise low sustained dps class.Next xpac necro gets high damage class, you gonna go 'nooo, a spec designed for doing high amounts of damage, make it stop doing damage '? I dont t h i n k so. It's doing what it's designed for. It makes clear sacrifices for damage. Play smart, and your enemy is dead on their feet.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

It is assumed that it is consecutive since the topic is about ZERKER soulbeast (high prec/fero = crit almost all the time). you're insisting that it was PTV. PTV can't crit kitten that much.

So... they were, in your words, Zerker? And you were, in your own words Zerker. But yet, they only did 3.5 k on crits on long range shot.

I guess I assumed you were more knowledgeable about how that would be significantly lower than expected.

So, it is far more likely they were not Zerker. More Likely they had fairly high toughness and fairly low ferocity. Both of which directs it away fro Zerker.

obviously you can't fucking read. i said "they did 4k long range shot crit on me, while i did 3.5k crit kill shot on full adrenaline on them."

check the fucking wiki skills for long range shot and kill shot

Long range shot

Damage.png Damage if range is greater than 1000: 347 (0.9)?Damage.png Damage if range is between 500-1000: 308 (0.8)?Damage.png Damage if range is less than 500: 270 (0.7)?Combo.png Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)Range.png Range: 1,500

Max damage orig: 347

Fire a powerful shot. Damage increases with adrenaline level.

Kill shot

Damage.png Level 1 damage: 949 (2.25)?Damage.png Level 2 damage: 1,160 (2.75)?Damage.png Level 3 damage: 1,371 (3.25)?Pierces.png PiercesCombo.png Combo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange.png Range: 1,500— In-game description [?]

Max damage orig: 1,371

Are you following my flow, men? who you foolin' again?

pretty sure that some garbage bork bork sh1tters are playing the game.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

obviously you can't kitten read. i said "they did 4k long range shot crit on me, while i did 3.5k crit kill shot on full adrenaline on them."

check the kitten wiki skills for long range shot and kill shot

Long range shot

Damage.png Damage if range is greater than 1000: 347 (0.9)?Damage.png Damage if range is between 500-1000: 308 (0.8)?Damage.png Damage if range is less than 500: 270 (0.7)?Combo.png Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)Range.png Range: 1,500

Kill shot

Damage.png Level 1 damage: 949 (2.25)?Damage.png Level 2 damage: 1,160 (2.75)?Damage.png Level 3 damage: 1,371 (3.25)?Pierces.png PiercesCombo.png Combo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange.png Range: 1,500— In-game description [?]

Again, you have no video or screenshots of this. I could claim a thief single handedly wiped out my 50 man zerg, and thus deserves to be nerfed into the ground. Far fetched I know but by your logic, you'd have to believe me.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

obviously you can't kitten read. i said "they did 4k long range shot crit on me, while i did 3.5k crit kill shot on full adrenaline on them."

Long range shot

Kill shot

Again, you have no video or screenshots of this. I could claim a thief single handedly wiped out my 50 man zerg, and thus deserves to be nerfed into the group. Far fetched I know but by your logic, you'd have to believe me.

Contact a.net and ask them for my damage log. i don't record my stuffs.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Long range shot

Kill shot

Again, you have no video or screenshots of this. I could claim a thief single handedly wiped out my 50 man zerg, and thus deserves to be nerfed into the group. Far fetched I know but by your logic, you'd have to believe me.

Yeah, because a screenshot of combat logs is hard.

So.., you are calling BS on all those saying they were hit by 7K autoattacks also?

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Long range shot

Kill shot

Maybe you should, if you're going to start making claims like this.

@geist.9173 said:Let's put it in perspective. Try playing a full zerker necromancer or elementalist or revenant and check what happens.You will notice your damage is below that of your zerker soulbeast, your defense is mediocre at best and you will most likely in a second where the toolkit from your soulbeast (or thief, warrior, etc) will save you in four of five cases.

You are comparing apples to oranges and expecting them to be the same. Those classes excel at other aspects of wvw, where soulbeast does not. Just because zerker soulbeast does more damage than zerker nercos, eles or revenants, doesnt mean its OPed and needs to be nerfed nor the other classes buffed to compete, there is a bigger picture with class design and each class brings its own flavour to the game.

No, it's op because of the whole toolkit, not of the damage only. I don't see how this is so hard to understand. PvP balancing is nothing more than balancing between key elements of the game and if a classes toolkit is so good that all of these elements are good or above it's a balancing issue.If you don't understand that basic principle of class balancing, you should maybe not try to argue about that.

There is no "but my class is bad at 'that' therefore it can be op at 'this'". That's not how it works.

Let's try it that way. (5 is great, 1 is poor).

Your class:DPS: 5Tankiness: 4Mobility: 5Gimmick: 4Difficulty to play (5 is easy in that case): 4Ø 4,4

Other class:DPS: 5Tankiness: 2Mobility: 2Gimmick: 3Difficulty to play: 4Ø 3,2

The goal of the balancing is a Ø of around 3,5. So your class is above that Ø which is the optimal balancing, while class B is almost at the target Ø . The goal now is to change one of those aspects to get closer to 3,5.

@geist.9173 said:

While at it, fix LoS issues. grass doesn't block projectiles. Really, it doesn't.

As someone who's actually killed with a bow, yeah it does. Even a gust of wind can divert an arrow off it's Mark.I know it's hardly relevant, but it's true

You forgot to activate your unblockable. Happens to the best of us.

And dodge/blind on the unblockables :P

Issue is the amount of uptime some classes have of unblockables to make it easyer for the players on the offensive.

@"geist.9173" said:No, it's op because of the whole toolkit, not of the damage only. I don't see how this is so hard to understand. PvP balancing is nothing more than balancing between key elements of the game and if a classes toolkit is so good that all of these elements are good or above it's a balancing issue.If you don't understand that basic principle of class balancing, you should maybe not try to argue about that.

There is no "but my class is bad at 'that' therefore it can be op at 'this'". That's not how it works.

Your class:DPS: 5Tankiness: 4Mobility: 5Gimmick: 4Difficulty to play (5 is easy in that case): 4Ø 4,4

The goal of the balancing is a Ø of around 3,5. So your class is above that Ø which is the optimal balancing, while class B is almost at the target Ø . The goal now is to change one of those aspects to get closer to 3,5.

So you are trying to balance one class against another one class? Cuz I could assign random arbitrary numbers to a class just as well.

ThiefDPS: 5Tankiness: 2Mobility: 5Gimmick: 5Difficulty to Play: 54.4Hmm......sounds like Thief is OP.

How? Are you trying to argue now that "thief is op too" which isn't the topic of this thread?The example I used wasn't one class vs. another but a Ø of a number of skills that are in a game which are balanced between each other - not classes between each other.Sure, you could use this form which I used as an example for thieves too and thieves would end up above the wanted Ø, but thieves aren't the topic of this thread. If you think, thieves are overperforming, feel free to open another thread about it.

additionally: My example was completely random and not a blueprint for gw2 skills. I just needed an example to show how balancing should be in the best case and based on performance of a class.

So am I to take it that you are not trying to compare Soulbeast to Other Class? I mean, this is a Soulbeast thread. Furthermore, you are assigning random numbers based off of how YOU feel or perceive them. There are variables than can affect those numbers that you are not taking into consideration. Mobility, if I am not using GS or Staff on a Ranger my mobility goes down. Tankiness, if I am running full Berserker gear I am not tanky at all. Difficulty of Play, if I am not using LB, Staff, or GS then there is a little more difficulty in play than just 1212121. Gimmick, depends on which skills and traits I take. DPS, depends on which stats and weapons I use. You cannot concretely say that this class performs this way and is therefore OP. Rangers, for the most part, have received no love from the Devs unlike other classes. Rangers are not wanted in Zergs and are not the most optimal Roaming class to use. So again I say that Ranger is fine where it is, I would further go on to say that it is probably the most balanced class in the game right now imo.

*editAlso look back at your post. You CLEARLY say: "Your class" and "Other class".

@"geist.9173" said:No, it's op because of the whole toolkit, not of the damage only. I don't see how this is so hard to understand. PvP balancing is nothing more than balancing between key elements of the game and if a classes toolkit is so good that all of these elements are good or above it's a balancing issue.If you don't understand that basic principle of class balancing, you should maybe not try to argue about that.

Guess since you know so much, you’ll have to explain in detail how soulbeast can achieve alll these ratings. Im just a lowly zerker soulbeast that gets instantkill by anyone with a gap closer or the ability to go invulnerable or anyone that can stealth in combat or anyone that can chain cc me... i wish i could tank without having to scarfice dps or mobility...

Just because you can get killed from stealth doesn't mean you haven't options to avoid. You can get invuln over signet, you have high mobility and the highest range in the game which additionally is unblockable.

This things here still happen. And I still don't understand why such things aren't nerfed in a day.

NbctPe7.jpg

Archived