Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@coro.3176 said:

@coro.3176 said:

This is really old, and I'm playing mostly zerker stats here with a few Pvt pieces. I don't have any recent screenshots available because I'm away from my computer, but you get the idea. I assure you, I still take 7k autoattacks on my full Dire condi gear.

And before you all jump on me for not paying attention. I know, I know. This video was just to show the burst potential. Keep in mind, you can do this at 1800+ range. See 2nd example in the vid.

You can't just run away in a straight line from a zerker ranger using longbow and expect it to end well. In the second example, it would've served you better to go toward the cliff the soulbeast is on. LOS someone perched on a cliff and they won't be able to hit you with anything but a barrage you could easily hug the cliff to walk out of. Pay attention to your bar also. The soulbeast used Sic 'Em before firing in both fights. Getting revealed when you weren't stealthed is a good indication that an enemy used a reveal skill on you.

Also, consider the possibility that you're running a subpar build for solo roaming. You don't have a single stunbreak on your bar in the vid, making it so you couldn't get up from the PBS and had to eat the rapid fire.

Normally I wouldn't, but the SB was SO kitten FAR AWAY I figured I could out-range longbow. Unfortunately, due to the bug where it actually shoots over 2000 range in some situations, it just kept hitting me. In the second engagement, the soulbeast is already at ~1500 range and yet the attacks just keep hitting even after gaining probably 900 units of distance..

Anyway, like I said, I wasn't really paying attention in those clips, but the purpose was to give an example of the damage numbers possible, not counterplay examples.

My point in posting about counterplay is that the current state of the game (the powercreep) is unforgiving to any build that has only two dodges and a single block as defense. A number of professions/builds could have taken you from 100 to 0 in the same time it took the soulbeast.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Gav.1425 said:what if.. you used reflects and dodge rolls?

What if.. reflects don't work on unblockable attacks? Oh wait, they already don't work against unblockable attacks.

Still haven't tried it I see. Reflects do work on unblockable attacks - the target player still takes damage, but the projectile is reflected back at the ranger who also takes damage. Find an Ele or a Spellbreaker friend and test it out as I did a week ago. ( That said, maybe it was a bug and was fixed with yesterday's patch but /shrug. )

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@coro.3176 said:

This is really old, and I'm playing mostly zerker stats here with a few Pvt pieces. I don't have any recent screenshots available because I'm away from my computer, but you get the idea. I assure you, I still take 7k autoattacks on my full Dire condi gear.

And before you all jump on me for not paying attention. I know, I know. This video was just to show the burst potential. Keep in mind, you can do this at 1800+ range. See 2nd example in the vid.

You can't just run away in a straight line from a zerker ranger using longbow and expect it to end well. In the second example, it would've served you better to go toward the cliff the soulbeast is on. LOS someone perched on a cliff and they won't be able to hit you with anything but a barrage you could easily hug the cliff to walk out of. Pay attention to your bar also. The soulbeast used Sic 'Em before firing in both fights. Getting revealed when you weren't stealthed is a good indication that an enemy used a reveal skill on you.

Also, consider the possibility that you're running a subpar build for solo roaming. You don't have a single stunbreak on your bar in the vid, making it so you couldn't get up from the PBS and had to eat the rapid fire.

Normally I wouldn't, but the SB was SO kitten FAR AWAY I figured I could out-range longbow. Unfortunately, due to the bug where it actually shoots over 2000 range in some situations, it just kept hitting me. In the second engagement, the soulbeast is already at ~1500 range and yet the attacks just keep hitting even after gaining probably 900 units of distance..

Anyway, like I said, I wasn't really paying attention in those clips, but the purpose was to give an example of the damage numbers possible, not counterplay examples.

My point in posting about counterplay is that the current state of the game (the powercreep) is unforgiving to any build that has only two dodges and a single block as defense. A number of professions/builds could have taken you from 100 to 0 in the same time it took the soulbeast.

But the difference is, none of them are doing it from 1.5x every other class' engagement distance. Most high-damage skills have clear animations and are close or melee range. If you dodge their burst, you can turn around and counterattack, then win the fight. If you dodge the soulbeast burst, you still have to cover 1500-1800+ range while taking autoattacks that hit for 1/3 of your health.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

What if.. reflects don't work on unblockable attacks? Oh wait, they already don't work against unblockable attacks.

Still haven't tried it I see. Reflects do work on unblockable attacks - the target player still takes damage, but the projectile is reflected back at the ranger who also takes damage. Find an Ele or a Spellbreaker friend and test it out as I did a week ago. ( That said, maybe it was a bug and was fixed with yesterday's patch but /shrug. )

unblockable shots do not get reflected. last week they also didnt get reflected.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

No.They don't.

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:My point in posting about counterplay is that the current state of the game (the powercreep) is unforgiving to any build that has only two dodges and a single block as defense. A number of professions/builds could have taken you from 100 to 0 in the same time it took the soulbeast.

That's pretty much right. I remember people crying a lot about condi meta. But condis are a visible and mostly easy to avoid or you cleanse them.In this meta you sometimes lose 50% of your hp (or more) by a skill from "somewhere" and you have builds like spellbreaker, soulbeast, mirage, deadeye, that combine that with extraordinary mobility, defense and an all around great toolkit.In roaming or zerging I really don't see how this is fun to play.

@geist.9173 said:

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:My point in posting about counterplay is that the current state of the game (the powercreep) is unforgiving to any build that has only two dodges and a single block as defense. A number of professions/builds could have taken you from 100 to 0 in the same time it took the soulbeast.

That's pretty much right. I remember people crying a lot about condi meta. But condis are a visible and mostly easy to avoid or you cleanse them.In this meta you sometimes lose 50% of your hp (or more) by a skill from "somewhere" and you have builds like spellbreaker, soulbeast, mirage, deadeye, that combine that with extraordinary mobility, defense and an all around great toolkit.In roaming or zerging I really don't see how this is fun to play.

Don't forget Holosmith among those. Which adds up to...over half the professions. Hmm.

@coro.3176 said:

@coro.3176 said:

But the difference is, none of them are doing it from 1.5x every other class' engagement distance. Most high-damage skills have clear animations and are close or melee range. If you dodge their burst, you can turn around and counterattack, then win the fight. If you dodge the soulbeast burst, you still have to cover 1500-1800+ range while taking autoattacks that hit for 1/3 of your health.

Some of them does it at 1200 range much, much, much faster than soulbeast though.

A guardian for example can kill you in 0.1-0.3s with judge and delayed skills.

@coro.3176 said:

@coro.3176 said:

I'll add too that I've encountered that particular soulbeast myself a few times. Its only defense is terrain (clifftops in red bl) and it's built entirely around catching people off-guard and ganking them with rapid fire with zero defense in its build should someone close the distance.

It isn't an issue if something has potential to deal massive damage if it isn't happening regularly. It may be changed if ANet finds it a problem, but I guarantee it's low priority until it's affecting a large number of people on a regular basis, which it isn't.

The problem isn't that Soulbeast can hit so hard, it's that it's so easy to Merge -> Unblockable -> Quickness -> Rapid Fire from a safe distance. I don't personally think it's such an issue that it needs immediate attention. But I do think it is obnoxiously easy to use and if in an open field, most things are going to lose half their health before they can do anything about it. Some exceptions apply.

I've been playing full glass (Berserker) Ranger since forever. I still prefer core over Soulbeast, but often when I'm more so trolling than actually roaming around, I'll swap to Soulbeast because it's so meme-y. If you don't have at least 2.8k armor I can use a single Rapid Fire to kill you (often hitting 20k+ in 1 second on the average target). On top of always having minimum 2 stunbreaks, maximum 4 (one passive), high condition cleanse and high mobility making me very difficult to pin down until I'm ready to retry my burst in 10 seconds if it missed the first time.

Again I don't think it's much of an issue, I just think it's disgustingly easy to use. Like unless you're willing to pop an Invulnerability, you can LOS or get to the Ranger fast enough to stop them, they WILL hit you with that Rapid Fire because fuck your blocks, reflects and/or stealth.

Also this happened. I've NEVER seen that skill hit so hard before and I was so confused what killed me from full health in 1 hit. With that said, I'd like to reiterate my first point that it doesn't happen regularly so it's not an issue. Tbh I was laughing about it because I must have looked like a moron pulling this guy to me and insta-dyinghttps://imgur.com/a/njkl1EF

@Turk.5460 said:

some skills can actually almost 1hit troufg block xD that's what Anet added to make game easy on offense, since they made block, absorb reflect all the same.... u press a button to counter 3 types XD.

Can u guys imagine if there was a counter to blokc, other to reflect and other to absortion???To complicated for Anet and for their playerbase.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Glass cannon. They hit hard but break very easy. Annoying yes, but not really a problem in the scheme of things.

they are not glass cannons. prolly they use third party kitten.

Hah. Classic. They must be hacking because you got beaten by one and are sore about it. Face it. Soulbeasts hit like a truck but to spec like that, they have limited defenses. This isn't druid we are talking about. If you want to talk about them (which I'm actually thinking the people on this thread are annoyed about), then start a thread about them.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Glass cannon. They hit hard but break very easy. Annoying yes, but not really a problem in the scheme of things.

Hah. Classic. They must be hacking because you got beaten by one and are sore about it. Face it. Soulbeasts hit like a truck but to spec like that, they have limited defenses. This isn't druid we are talking about. If you want to talk about them (which I'm actually thinking the people on this thread are annoyed about), then start a thread about them.

no their long range shot was doing 4k crit on me. and my kill shot on full adrenaline did 3k on them. and im full zerk. if they'd be full zerk on medium armor, then it should be like +110% (on prot) or +150% (w/o prot).

and some "beast master" sb has a pet that has pet damage doing 3.5k on me and the original dmg listed on the skill was like 900. funny thing is that the skill which has the original damage of 1.4k did 171 dmg on me.

so yeh. some garbage bork bork shit in teh world of tyria.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

no their long range shot was doing 4k crit on me. and my kill shot on full adrenaline did 3k on them. and im full zerk. if they'd be full zerk on medium armor, then it should be like +110% (on prot) or +150% (w/o prot).

and some "beast master" sb has a pet that has pet damage doing 3.5k on me and the original dmg listed on the skill was like 900. funny thing is that the skill which has the original damage of 1.4k did 171 dmg on me.

so yeh. some garbage bork bork kitten in teh world of tyria.

Wait wait.... You're full zerk and you are complaining that he is doing a 4K crit?

He is doing that damage likely with high power, and maybe got off a crit even if he didn't have much precision.

Also, If he is PTV, this is a completely plausible situation...

Won't even touch the Pet stuff.

Soulbeast is in a pretty good place for roaming at the moment IMO when played well. They can easily rival thieves and mesmers. Druids likewise due to higher stealth uptime than mesmer.

As a current mesmer main, I typically beat soulbeasts...druids tho are another thing all together. I find they are more of a challenge.

I second this. I've been playing druid for weeks now since i got a little bit tired of soulbeast for a while, and i haven't lost to a single soulbeast since then, fought a lot of average ones and 2 or 3 good ones. People actually allow to get hit by hard hitting skills on soulbeast.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Wait wait.... You're full zerk and you are complaining that he is doing a 4K crit?

He is doing that damage likely with high power, and maybe got off a crit even if he didn't have much precision.

PTV with 4k consecutive long range shot crit? who you foolin'?

@alcopaul.2156 said:

I mean you're the one using anecdotal evidence.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Let me check your video. Ahh.. sorry, your screenshot...

Oh dang. Neither present.

I am not saying it happened the way I said. Simply noting it could have. In your first post, you said nothing about consecutive.

And are we talking about 2? 3 in a row?

Again, plausible. Not necessarily likely, but plausible. You made some assumptions that he was zerker. I noted he likely wasn't. If he was, your consecutive crits he hit you with would have been much higher.

Sure. The question is why is it ok that you can wear full berserker (or at least mostly) on some classes - classes named before - while others get the treatment for lacking toughness and vitality?When you wear full berserker your damage should be high, but you shouldn't be able to tank damage for too long - that's were invul, stealth and mobility are the factor and that's why the balancing is bad. If a mirage wears 6 pieces of marauder and berserker trinkets/rings and hits you from stealth for 90% of your life, he should either lack mobility to run after that or lack the option to facetank your damage with invul and be gone after. I took mesmer here, because light armor glass cannon (at least back at the days), but could have used other examples from the before mentioned classes.There should be a trade off for burst like this were isn't any at the moment.

Archived