Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@bigo.9037 said:The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

@whoknocks.4935 I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so stfu and stop assuming.

Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:I never said that were no discrepancies in range .As I pointed out I myself have tested a 1800 range from height. I do argue the over exaggeration of range.That video does not prove 1800 or a 1875 range let alone 2200 plus range.It only proves a slight increase in range over 1200 for point blank and 1500 for long range shot.The evidence in this video is weak at best.Not conclusive evidence of the exaggerated ranges of over 1800 to 2200 . If at some point that ANET sees a problem or someone conclusively proves ranges beyond 1800 from height or level ground I will stick with my own findings of a maximum of 1800 from a height greater than target.

I tested this myself on flat ground in the pvp lobby as well as guild hall duel arena. Ranger longbow auto attack (and rapid fire) has a range somewhere between 1840 and 1870. If we assume 1850, that's a 23% range buffer which is way too high. And note, this is on flat ground. If you add any elevation, the range goes much higher (can even go higher than 2000 which you can test vs. Sic Em).

Anyone can test these things themselves. The range is clearly much much higher than 1600 and whether or not you think so, this
IS
a balance issue that should be addressed.

Did you test the other arcing projectiles like Staff 1 on Ele?

Yes. Other arcing projectiles seem to have different range buffers than the 23% ranger longbow has. Dragonhunter longbow auto attack for example has a pretty enormous range buffer of 37% (It hits at 1600-1650 when it's given range is 1200).

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:I never said that were no discrepancies in range .As I pointed out I myself have tested a 1800 range from height. I do argue the over exaggeration of range.That video does not prove 1800 or a 1875 range let alone 2200 plus range.It only proves a slight increase in range over 1200 for point blank and 1500 for long range shot.The evidence in this video is weak at best.Not conclusive evidence of the exaggerated ranges of over 1800 to 2200 . If at some point that ANET sees a problem or someone conclusively proves ranges beyond 1800 from height or level ground I will stick with my own findings of a maximum of 1800 from a height greater than target.

I tested this myself on flat ground in the pvp lobby as well as guild hall duel arena. Ranger longbow auto attack (and rapid fire) has a range somewhere between 1840 and 1870. If we assume 1850, that's a 23% range buffer which is way too high. And note, this is on flat ground. If you add any elevation, the range goes much higher (can even go higher than 2000 which you can test vs. Sic Em).

Anyone can test these things themselves. The range is clearly much much higher than 1600 and whether or not you think so, this
IS

Yes. Other arcing projectiles seem to have different range buffers than the 23% ranger longbow has. Dragonhunter longbow auto attack for example has a pretty enormous range buffer of 37% (It hits at 1600-1650 when it's given range is 1200).

Hmm. Seems like this was intended on arcing projectiles as they travel slower than ones that do not.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@bigo.9037 said:The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

@whoknocks.4935 I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

IS

Hmm. Seems like this was intended on arcing projectiles as they travel slower than ones that do not.

Indeed. A range buffer is necessary for sure. If they removed it, there would be issues hitting a target that either moves laterally or away from you. However, considering the projectile speeds, I think some of these range buffers are a bit too high. Moving the effective range of skills as much as even 130 units significantly changes the balance of them and it's no different for long-ranged attacks.

While the buffer may have to be assigned based on individual skills' projectile speeds, I think for ranger longbow, a buffer of 10% is plenty fair. It travels fast enough that even untraited, someone at 1500 range isn't going to be able to clear 150 units (if running away from ranger) in the time it takes from the arrow fired until arrow strikes target.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

IS

This doesn't apply to Range LB though. It's velocity is clearly faster than Warrior, Engineer, and standing DE Rifle, and seems marginally faster than kneeling DE Rifle as well.

@Turk.5460 said:

IS

This doesn't apply to Range LB though. It's velocity is clearly faster than Warrior, Engineer, and standing DE Rifle, and seems marginally faster than kneeling DE Rifle as well.

I haven't tested it myself so you are likely right.

I do know playing staff Ele the staff 1 on fire and water is slow, never mind the 20 Second skill animation of it...

I play so little ranger that I am not comfortable commenting on it specifically.

@Turk.5460 said:It's actually 1875 at all times and 2200+ many times...

No. On flat ground, yes, it's around 1900. When elevated it just barely reaches past 2000, somewhere along 2010.

Projectiles also start behaving oddly at that distance. Place yourself at the absolute max distance from a target and you'll see how arrows begin to hit and miss almost randomly despite you not moving.

Also all longbows have the same cast time on auto.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.It's just stupid to defense it.You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

@ChartFish.1308 said:Projectiles also start behaving oddly at that distance. Place yourself at the absolute max distance from a target and you'll see how arrows begin to hit and miss almost randomly despite you not moving.

This is how Rifles projectiles behave at sub-1200 range against moving targets. Why should arced projectiles get to travel much further than their stated range before becoming unreliable, yet Rifle and Pistol projectiles suffer before even reaching their stated ranges...?

(I'm not asking that as if you are advocating it, it's more of a general question to the gods)

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.It's just stupid to defense it.You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

Maybe you quoted the wrong person?

I haven't said anything about warrior. My point was that soulbeast doesn't have all that you claim it does unless it could somehow run 3-4 traitlines in addition to the soulbeast one.

@whoknocks.4935 said:You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

I have never had my shoots go through walls and other sorts of obstacles like that, but i do find that i seem to hit alot of invisible obstructions, even when im on higher ground, the target can shoot me yet i get “obstructed” and have to move slightly to hit him. But this seems to be an issue with all classes, not just rangers.

@Turk.5460 said:

Its comical how you are trying to refute evidence that is right in front of you. Sure we don't have an actual range indicator in that video that shows the exact range, but try this on for size:
  • Kneel on DE gives a line that shows exactly where 1500 range is - this is not speculation - this is fact.
  • In the very first portion of this video,
    the very first few seconds - you don't even have to wait!
    , you see the Ranger -from a lower position- outrange the 1500 range indicator of Kneel.
  • Greatsword Swing has a 130unit range. Judging by the size of the player, and general knowledge of that pvp map which has been there since beta, the ranger is
    at least
    2 greatsword swing's away from the 1500 range line. I'd say at least 3, but lets be generous to the naysayers.
  • 1500+130+130=1760. And that's rounding down by far.

Now lets look at 2:55 into the video. That's
even further
, all on even ground. No height, just even terrain. How are you still arguing this?

What evidence .I went through the video frame by frame .All this video proves is that the LB can reach a little beyond 1500.I never refuted that.IT does NOT prove 1800 to 2200 range .As I said before .No measurement was taken of actual range Theirs no point of view from the ranger AT ALL..Great sword swing ?130+130 ? Where the heck did that come from.You can't use the animation of the Great sword as a reference because the animations very from race to race and great sword to gret sword .Again more numbers pulled out of your back side with out EVIDENCE.Only testimonial.Testimonial is NOT fact or evidence.I never said there wasn't a problem. I only refuted the exaggeration of +1800 to +2200.This video does NOT prove this.At 2:55 it only shows the LB max range but does not show what that range is .The video is garbage as evidence.As I stated before I will continue to believe my own findings until real conclusive evidence can be produced.Seems to me people watching this video are believing what they want to believe without proper analysis .

@Mokk.2397 said:

Its comical how you are trying to refute evidence that is right in front of you. Sure we don't have an actual range indicator in that video that shows the exact range, but try this on for size:
  • Kneel on DE gives a line that shows exactly where 1500 range is - this is not speculation - this is fact.
  • In the very first portion of this video,
    the very first few seconds - you don't even have to wait!
    , you see the Ranger -from a lower position- outrange the 1500 range indicator of Kneel.
  • Greatsword Swing has a 130unit range. Judging by the size of the player, and general knowledge of that pvp map which has been there since beta, the ranger is
    at least
    2 greatsword swing's away from the 1500 range line. I'd say at least 3, but lets be generous to the naysayers.
  • 1500+130+130=1760. And that's rounding down by far.

Now lets look at 2:55 into the video. That's
even further
, all on even ground. No height, just even terrain. How are you still arguing this?

What evidence .I went through the video frame by frame .All this video proves is that the LB can reach a little beyond 1500.I never refuted that.IT does NOT prove 1800 to 2200 range .As I said before .No measurement was taken of actual range Theirs no point of view from the ranger AT ALL..Great sword swing ?130+130 ? Where the heck did that come from.You can't use the animation of the Great sword as a reference because the animations very from race to race and great sword to gret sword .Again more numbers pulled out of your back side with out EVIDENCE.Only testimonial.Testimonial is NOT fact or evidence.I never said there wasn't a problem. I only refuted the exaggeration of +1800 to +2200.This video does NOT prove this.At 2:55 it only shows the LB max range but does not show what that range is .The video is garbage as evidence.As I stated before I will continue to believe my own findings until real conclusive evidence can be produced.Seems to me people watching this video are believing what they want to believe without proper analysis .

Again, you can test the range of longbow yourself:

1. Choose a target on a stretch of flat ground, hit them from range with #1
  2. Keep backing up and hitting them with LB1 until you get out of range.
  3. Take one step forward and maybe a couple more directly backwards.Be sure you can hit them with your #1 before proceeding.
  4. Use various skills to close the gap between you and the target.
  5. You will find that the longbow range is definitely > 1800 and somewhere between 1840 and 1870.

Swoop (soulbeast) is 1200 range. If you use this + entangle (600 radius) you won't hit your target. That's irrefutable evidence that the longbow range is > 1800. To be precise though, Swoop (soulbeast) + dagger 3 puts you at 1600 range, then the Wingbuffet skill (soulbeast merge with lightning wyvern) is 240 range and will come up short, but the Kick skill (soulbeast merge with rock gazelle) which is 270 range will just barely reach the target.

Stop trying to pretend longbow range is just barely over 1500 range because that's disingenuous. It is irrefutably beyond 1800 range on flat ground.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

What exactly do you want? People playing ele against a warrior?You keep going on and on and on without ever saying what you want..ofc people will run something as "efficient" as bloody warrior ...why the hell would any sane person act any differently?

Double immunity, double stability, blocks, passive heal, full counter that does everything from redirecting condition/direct dmg to being unblockable, mobility etc etc...unless you play something as busted at melee range..say holosmith...people will have no choice but to play full range.

What do you want? A badge for moral integrity?Yes I play ranger because it's my only way to deal with busted/broken/absurdly OP specs like holosmith/mirage and spellbreaker, feel free to call the "balance police" on me because I use busted ranged damage vs busted melee specs

@"Arheundel.6451" said:What exactly do you want? People playing ele against a warrior?You keep going on and on and on without ever saying what you want..ofc people will run something as "efficient" as bloody warrior ...why the hell would any sane person act any differently?

Double immunity, double stability, blocks, passive heal, full counter that does everything from redirecting condition/direct dmg to being unblockable, mobility etc etc...unless you play something as busted at melee range..say holosmith...people will have no choice but to play full range.

What do you want? A badge for moral integrity?Yes I play ranger because it's my only way to deal with busted/broken/absurdly OP specs like holosmith/mirage and spellbreaker, feel free to call the "balance police" on me because I use busted ranged damage vs busted melee specs

I don't want anything. You can play whatever you want.

My complain is only about those players who says: Soulbeast takes skill. And it's definitely not true.

I agree everything on spellbreaker too you said. Soulbeast ain't different, noob friendly easy spec low risk reward. This is all I said.

If you play ranger to deal with holos, mirages and spellbreaker good for you, but don't act like you are playing a complex hard to use profession, because you are exactly on par on mirages, holos and spellbreakers.

You keep talking of warrior like it's my main and I am trying to defende the profession, not my main and not defending it, I am honest it's a noob friendly easy mode spec.The same way should you about your loved ranger.

All I want is a pack of honesty from those players, that's all.

@coro.3176 said:

@"Mokk.2397" said:I read about half of this thread and couldn't stop laughing . All those people that say that ranger has no place in the current meta complaining that ranger is Over Powered because they get "Pew_Pew'd". Did you even consider maybe bringing your own rangers into your so called "Meta" to counter the opponents rangers. If you feel that bringing a knife to a gun fight and loosing is unfair try different tactics. Instead of bigotry maybe you should try inclusion. It's your current Meta that has no place in WvW. Stop blaming classes for dumb tactics.Now that ranger has finally been brought up to an equal footing and is no longer a push over and free bag ,you can't handle it.Makes me laugh.Seems to me the only people being lazy and complaining are the Meta zealots .

The point is, NO ONE should be pew-pew-ing with 7k+ hits from that (bugged) range, certainly not with autoattacks or a 1-second quickness-unblockable 40k skill. It's not interactive for the attacker and it's not interactive for the defender. It's bad gameplay no matter who does it. Bringing more soulbeasts just makes it worse. The best counters to it are equally cheesy like stealth-camping deadeye. It just makes the game worse.

And from invisble projectiles or range stuff clutered... wich is most what happens in wvw.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

Ok but that's still way too much for an auto attack.

Nah, not really. Not when you have Thieves and Mesmers one shotting people for way more. I still say Ranger is balanced, or could use a few more buffs.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

@Ansau.7326 said:

Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

Most soulbeasts (as a mirage main) don't bother me. They are good duelists and typically I enjoy fighting them. Only thing I would suggest is Worldly impact still needs to have a little damage balance.

Archived