Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:I don't exactly get what are people so mad about this time.Like, not just a little upset that they can't get their stuff quickly or that they missed out on opportunity to make money, but literally furious because something that's been happening for literally every important update (random demand/supply fluctuation due to added recipe) is now affecting them.

Did these people get the winter's presence the first year? or the nightfury? Not only did it cause high fluctuation in prices, but some stuff was timegated. You had to either farm non stop or spend (way) more than 300GB. For this... you could be leveling up non stop here and there's no timegate.So what happened? Are people no longer able to enjoy the game for the journey, rather than getting everything instantly?It's the inequity of opportunity, some players holding other players' chance to complete the content for ransom at a price they can set bc the inventory is so low it is in the hands of only a few ppl . . .

The other collections you mentioned were a bear to grind, but everyone had the same opportunity to grind or spend, as they saw fit. Idr if I got winter's presence first year, but I know I got it through opening presents bc I'm a jp fiend, yo :p Other ppl got it through the tp bc that was their choice. Here, no real choice exists, very few players have that many tomes just lying around and not everyone has a toon they can delete just to level a new one . . .

It's important to remember what makes this time different, so I'm glad you brought it up again :)

Also stop getting mad about TP mechanics, you'd have been fast as well you would have also bought more in hope to make a gain.This is a popular misconception among ppl who enjoy the economic aspect of the game. There are many, many players who do not care in the least about flipping product on the tp. I'd be tempted to say the vast majority but I don't have actual numbers. It's what makes tp flipping so profitable -- most ppl don't use the tp to make money, they use it to get rid of things they don't want and buy things they do. It's a gw2 adage: "What's the best way to farm x? Farm gold and buy it on tp." That's what makes those tp margins so fat, most players don't give a flip (nyuk, nyuk) about spending their time to get max profit out of every trade . . .

What happened here is that normal and healthy part of the economy was subverted by a staggering error when designing this collection . . .

Vote with your valletI sent my valet to vote for me, but they told him he needed a photo id :p

I'm sorry, I don't think you're explaining how this time is different. Every major update that adds recipes adds fluctuation to TP prices. The first people to understand how and why make profit of it. If this time is any different, it's because this time, everyone wants this skin. But I fail to see how that's philosophically different from any other time.And okay, maybe winter/nightfury were bad examples. Although I -try- to quickly forget everytime I get screwed by the TP :) I know it happened more than once. Was it during the chinese new year that an item price exploded because of Drooburt ? Wasn't there something with memory of battle too?

It seems that the only problem that people have isn't much that it costs a lot, but rather than some people initially got it cheaper... I mean... isn't that how the market works IRL too? It'd only be a problem if they were told -before- the update that they could capitalize on a specific item (IRL it would be illegal as it would be selling/buying based on information not yet public). But that's not the case here. Everyone gets the same chance to play the TP game: When the content releases. And no, "having work" during release cannot count, you'll never find a proper time for release that fits with every player's schedule.

As for the economy of the game, I don't think it's in any way healthy - because - we always run out of things to craft. Mats that are supposed to be of value are now very cheap, there is no "mid tier loot" since the items from the treasure hunter collection. It's either super common/cheap, or just for lotto winners (infusions/invisible boots).And this... is another attempt at patching the economy. Very awkward and short term I'll agree, but in now way different than any other attempt they've made, except maybe this time they aren't adding yet another mat that does exactly the same thing as other already existing mats.

It's different bc the limited inventory on the tp allowed the first few ppl who were interested in doing so to buy it off and prevent other players from progressing the collection. The only example that compares to this is the Drooburt's dumplings, and I'd be very surprised if we don't see a sudden increase in the rate those drop next time LNY comes around. The difference there is that item didn't really do anything, just got you some ap that the vast majority of players have ample opportunity to get elsewhere, so no harm no foul if they have to wait on Drooburt's . . .

I think another reason ppl who like to play the tp struggle with the kind of reaction we're seeing here is they think of the game's economy -- which for many of them, is the entire game -- as a model of a rl economy. But they aren't the same thing just bc they work the same way. Goals are very different. IRL there is only so much to go around, so saying early bird gets the worm is fine bc it incentivizes work and attentiveness to opportunity, which are considered desirable traits which ultimately benefit everyone blah blah blah. But in a game, you actually want all of the players to have access to the content, and that's okay bc the content is not a limited resource. There is not a finite number of times that the collection can be unlocked. Being at work in the real world actually is a valid reason for not being able to play your video game on patch day and I don't think anet wants to go on record discouraging that behavior lol. They could have set the collection up that way, first 2500 ppl who log in on patch day get access to a unique set of armor skins, but they didn't. Try to think about why they choose not to set access to their content up that way . . .

And I wasn't saying the game's economy is healthy -- I don't know, don't care to find out, wouldn't have an opinion if I did -- I was saying that ppl flipping the tp is a healthy part of that economy. I've never run out of things to craft though, always more to do . . .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Merc The Forgotten.5610 said:

@Merc The Forgotten.5610 said:Anet now is the time to rethink the mount license system.Now that Belgium can't gamble anymore which is a good thing.This is now the moment to redo it in a way that also players from Belgium can still buy mounts unless you want to leave us out?Lets be honest 1200gems for a recycle skin is not gonna happen.And no way people are gonna buy all the skins for 21,600gems or so.There are plenty of ways to do it in a way Belgian players can still buy it. For example make a license ticket that just unlock all the mounts.I'm sure players from other countries will be happy to see that coming.

You are wrong about people buying all the skins, thats for sure.

Much ppl buy all the skins as a Belgian player you pay 1200gems for each skin thats way too much.Also the 1200gems for a recycle skin is way too much.The system needs to be rethinked or they gonna leave us out? Or they are gonna milk us even harder now because we finally got the RNG on gemstore items to go away in a way as punishment?

Nobody at Arenanet is trying to “milk” their customers. Skins are optional items that do not provide and advantage in the game.

I hate this attitude from anyone who complains about optional items made by game developers who don’t charge you a monthly fee to play the game, and who also happen to give out a ton of free content updates.

At such prices it does feel like milking. There just need to be a solution but not the one that there is now. RNG system is suppose to die off anyway and every company that uses it has to prepare or they gonna shut off whole europe and if you want it you need to pay a extreem high price while there are other solutions?

No, if Anet were milking they would be changing a monthly fee to play and having mounts on the store that have advantages over other mounts found in-game... You’ve been given a free path by exchanging gold to gems so use it.

Monthly fee would have scared away most of the playerbase. Specially those that made Anet grow. Then they probly had way less players to start with also and couldn't grow since it was a very big amount of players that came from gw1.It seems you also forgot that kids play the game also and in Europe kids are not allowed to gamble. Then they should have changed the age range of the game. But that would have limit the places they could sell the game which would . It is also clear for a while now that the rule Belgium has made would hit them also and it will spread over europe also. With the trade money to gems you would not even be able to buy with these prices and how high gems are going now.

Then the kids can farm gold and exchange for gems and get mount skins for FREE.

No matter how you spin it this system does not belong in a game. Games now are all about lootboxes aiming to milk us dry instead of proper content. Even in gw2 the focus is more on gemstore then content. Sure we get "free content" But it's also a way to keep us logging in. If you did not login it was not free content for you and you need to pay gems. So not exactly free content. Now it just become normal because we see it all the time and it is specially targetted towards childeren. Anyway we will see how this develops and it will show how much Anet really cares about the players and not just see us as dollar signs and if it really need this gambling in a game to stay alive it would have died anyway as soon more countries will implent the rule which is gonna happen anyway.This is a discussion that can go on forever and will have 2 sides anyway.If they dont proof they have a healthy solution then i just dont buy things anymore and like i said i doubt others will with such high prices.

If we didnt have the gemstore at all theyd have a subscription per month. This game takes alot of money to keep running and they arent making that money from new purchases anymore(that usually only happens with Expansions.) So yes the gemstore gets updates, and they ARENT MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO MAKE CONTENT, which is absolutely free to the players they value the most, the ones who login consistently. What the hell is an artist going to do when they finish the artwork for the next Living Story episode, sit around and get paid? Obviously no, Anet is smart enough to have them work on things that generate them income. Children normally cannot and do not have a credit card/debit card allowing them to purchase things, and using that argument is idiotic as its up to the parents to monitor what their children do, i had to BEG for my parents to purchase me an item in another MMO and i only got it because i played it all the time. If parents allow their children to run rampant with their devices and not monitor them, that is 100% on the parent as there is nothing video game companys can do to figure out who is paying for things.

@Merc The Forgotten.5610 said:Anet now is the time to rethink the mount license system.Now that Belgium can't gamble anymore which is a good thing.This is now the moment to redo it in a way that also players from Belgium can still buy mounts unless you want to leave us out?Lets be honest 1200gems for a recycle skin is not gonna happen.And no way people are gonna buy all the skins for 21,600gems or so.There are plenty of ways to do it in a way Belgian players can still buy it. For example make a license ticket that just unlock all the mounts.I'm sure players from other countries will be happy to see that coming.

Much ppl buy all the skins as a Belgian player you pay 1200gems for each skin thats way too much.Also the 1200gems for a recycle skin is way too much.The system needs to be rethinked or they gonna leave us out? Or they are gonna milk us even harder now because we finally got the RNG on gemstore items to go away in a way as punishment?

Nobody at Arenanet is trying to “milk” their customers. Skins are optional items that do not provide and advantage in the game.

I hate this attitude from anyone who complains about optional items made by game developers who don’t charge you a monthly fee to play the game, and who also happen to give out a ton of free content updates.

At such prices it does feel like milking. There just need to be a solution but not the one that there is now. RNG system is suppose to die off anyway and every company that uses it has to prepare or they gonna shut off whole europe and if you want it you need to pay a extreem high price while there are other solutions?

No, if Anet were milking they would be changing a monthly fee to play and having mounts on the store that have advantages over other mounts found in-game... You’ve been given a free path by exchanging gold to gems so use it.

Monthly fee would have scared away most of the playerbase. Specially those that made Anet grow. Then they probly had way less players to start with also and couldn't grow since it was a very big amount of players that came from gw1.It seems you also forgot that kids play the game also and in Europe kids are not allowed to gamble. Then they should have changed the age range of the game. But that would have limit the places they could sell the game which would . It is also clear for a while now that the rule Belgium has made would hit them also and it will spread over europe also. With the trade money to gems you would not even be able to buy with these prices and how high gems are going now.

No matter how you spin it this system does not belong in a game. Games now are all about lootboxes aiming to milk us dry instead of proper content. Even in gw2 the focus is more on gemstore then content. Sure we get "free content" But it's also a way to keep us logging in. If you did not login it was not free content for you and you need to pay gems. So not exactly free content. Now it just become normal because we see it all the time and it is specially targetted towards childeren. Anyway we will see how this develops and it will show how much Anet really cares about the players and not just see us as dollar signs and if it really need this gambling in a game to stay alive it would have died anyway as soon more countries will implent the rule which is gonna happen anyway.This is a discussion that can go on forever and will have 2 sides anyway.If they dont proof they have a healthy solution then i just dont buy things anymore and like i said i doubt others will with such high prices.

Mounts aren’t “loot boxes”.

Listen, we had this same discussion over and over. Mike O’Brien created a thread and address the issue... Your suggestion would be best served asking for a reduction in mount license prices, as opposed to bringing up this “Belgium”, “rng”, “milking”, “kids”, “gambling” stuff... Anet provides a FREE path to obtain these items, these are not “loot boxes”, and you cannot sell these skins for real world money... so your Belgium “stuff” argument is weak.

Go farm the gold and get free stuff...

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Ol Nik.2518" said:Snip

Just to add a couple other Statistics;

152,654 (75.68%) of the total accounts registered on Gw2 Efficiency actually own Path of Fire, ergo, has access to the episode "A Star to Guide us".

At the time of writing, The Convergence of Sorrow I: Elegy has been completed by 15,212 of those 152.6K accounts (9.9650%). This collection costs no more than 20g and a bit of running around. This needs completing
before
you can even start Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem.

So, of those 15,212 accounts that have played A Star to Guide Us and have completed CoS: Elegy, 1,679 (11.0373%) have gone on to complete Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem. and this number does increase daily.

Just adding a bit of context to statistics which are too broad imo.

You make a very valid observation. However, I still cannot agree that there is no need for concern.

The number of people who completed "A Star to Guide Us" Mastery is 5 163 out of 182 034 (2.836%) (as of 2018-09-28, 8:00 PT). This is an achievement given for completing the majority of achievements on the map which suggests that those people are most likely completionists. Yet, for The Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem collection which gives 10 APs it is only 1 716. Considering that the collection 1) is not time-gated and does not require immense quantities of materials or a lot of running around, 2) is very popular, I would expect higher completion rates. But this is not the case.

We still do not have enough data but it looks like the completion rates are slowing down despite all the hype and wide availability of guides. We will have to see what happens this weekend to have a better idea of this trend.

To be frank, at this point I would appreciate developers insight. Any information, any response would be nice.

@Swagger.1459 said:

...Your suggestion would be best served asking for a reduction in mount license prices...

And may I just point out that the Istani Mount Select license is on sale right now for 40% off? That means all the people who have been demanding that mounts cost the same as outfits pretty much have that option right now.

Unfortunately this is the downside of being at the forefront of change. If and when more countries start to legislate RNG in cash shops we'll start to see changes in how games sell items, or some games may make changes specifically to accommodate Belgium. But in the short term it's going to be a quick fix and that means a system that's not ideal for anyone.

For what it's worth my other MMO sells mount skins in their cash shop by direct sale (no RNG - you pay the price you're told and you're guaranteed to get the skin you've chosen) for between £5 and £24, with most skins around £10-£16. £5 gets you a horse identical to ones you can get in-game with gold but a different colour (no mount dying here). There was only one £24 mount and after the reaction it got I doubt there will be another, but I'm including it because it is the upper limit of their prices. As a general rule more unusual mounts or ones with special effects cost more but it doesn't always seem to be consistent.

So Anet's price of £12.75 for a Mount Select Licence seems to be in-line with the competition to me.

It's still expensive. The most I've ever spent for a mount skin is £10.90 and that was for one of my favourite animals (a clouded leopard) it'd have to be something really impressive to get me to spend more. I'd have bought the pangolin mount at that price, because it's also one of my favourite animals but it cost £21.25 which is far too much for me. There's 2 skins in the Desert Racer pack I like but I'm not buying either at full price. If the licences are discounted like the Istani ones were I'll get them, if not I'll go without. (The other possibility is I have gold to spare and use it to buy mount skins, but that's actually a rarer occurrence for me than having real money to spend.)

@"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:Remember when the topic creator was saying 3 gold was a problem? Yeah i wish we could go back to that time....

Without wanting to nitpick, no you would not.

Never go "back in time" on these kind of issues. You are now coveting to have spent 3 gold a couple of days ago, but that is only with hindsight. Obviously back then you were not willing to spend 3 gold per Sigil, so going back and spending those 3 gold would not make you happy. Unless you assume you could go back and spend 3 gold KNOWING the future development, in that case though why not go back even further and buy bitcoin?

Better be happy with your decision back then and consider it a valid approach in line with your character. Don't envy over missed opportunities, try to learn and make use of future ones.

That works both ways by the way, don't linger on things which went wrong. Learn from them and move on. You'll be happy overall. :)

@Swagger.1459 said:

Listen, we had this same discussion over and over. Mike O’Brien created a thread and address the issue... Your suggestion would be best served asking for a reduction in mount license prices, as opposed to bringing up this “Belgium”, “rng”, “milking”, “kids”, “gambling” stuff... Anet provides a FREE path to obtain these items, these are not “loot boxes”, and you cannot sell these skins for real world money... so your Belgium “stuff” argument is weak.

Well you can say my argument is weak but i think the same of your argument to talk gambling good we both have other opinions. Weak or not more countries are following and gambling already gave some good games a bad name. This game also had a lot of rants about it but now we are used to it but that still does not mean it is fine now.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Merc The Forgotten.5610 said:This is a discussion that can go on forever and will have 2 sides anyway.It already has. Check the forums search for those. Probably should've done that instead of opening a new thread for an old topic.

It really doesn't have two side... well I guess the discussion does but the outcome only has one..

it is what ANET wants regardless of another countries laws or player desire they have a system it is in place and until they decide to change it you have that option.

words do not trump THEIR actions.

Well you can say my argument is weak but i think the same of your argument to talk gambling good we both have other opinions. Weak or not more countries are following and gambling already gave some good games a bad name. This game also had a lot of rants about it but now we are used to it but that still does not mean it is fine now.

The president of Anet already made official comments on this topic...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license

“Hi,

We made a commitment to you in March 2012 that we’d fund GW2 live development through non-pay-to-win microtransactions. We try different ideas, but we always hold true to that commitment. We’ve been collecting and discussing your feedback on the Mount Adoption License, and today I’d like to acknowledge and respond to the concerns you’ve raised, and to share our perspective with you.

You have valid concerns about random boxes. We hoped that the design of the Mount Adoption License would be reassuring. In this case, we made some missteps:

At a time when there’s a lot of debate about random boxes in gaming, we should have anticipated that a new system with a random element would cause alarm.We released mount skins with three different purchase models, but with the majority of skins released so far through the Adoption License. It’s easy to perceive this as intentionally channeling you toward randomization.The Adoption License is a large set at 30 skins. We stand by the work our artists put into each skin, but it’s understandable to see this as pushing down the odds of acquiring any one skin, and to worry that we might add more skins to lower the chances further.Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a substantial discount versus an individual purchase price.It uses a progressive mechanic. Every license gives you a new skin to use and increases the odds of acquiring any remaining skins.You’ve requested variety, and this is a way to support variety. Individual sale is a mechanic that works with a few, flashy skins. Using a grab bag mechanic gives us leeway to create skins to suit a wide range of player tastes while offering a lower price per skin.Microtransactions can be polarizing, and we’ve received both positive and negative feedback on the license. We won’t change the existing license in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made, but I want to confirm to you that our next planned mount skin releases will focus on individual sales like the Reforged Warhound and bundles like the Spooky Mounts Pack. We will not add any skins to the currently available Adoption License, thus not pushing down the odds of acquiring any one skin in that set.

We appreciate the thoughtful feedback many of you have provided, and that you hold us to high standards for monetization. It’s been a challenging but wonderful goal to support live development and Living World purely through optional microtransactions, and it’s your support that’s made that possible. Thank you.

~ MO”

@"Merc The Forgotten.5610" said:Anet now is the time to rethink the mount license system.Now that Belgium can't gamble anymore which is a good thing.This is now the moment to redo it in a way that also players from Belgium can still buy mounts unless you want to leave us out?Lets be honest 1200gems for a recycle skin is not gonna happen.And no way people are gonna buy all the skins for 21,600gems or so.There are plenty of ways to do it in a way Belgian players can still buy it. For example make a license ticket that just unlock all the mounts.I'm sure players from other countries will be happy to see that coming.

I bought all the mount adoption licenses, the first set of 30, and also the Istani and Desert sets of 15 each. So there goes that argument of yours.The 1200 gem option is to eliminate the RNG. You get the skin you want instead of a random one. It's an option they included after the negative feedback to the first adoption license set. They didn't put that option in because Belgium outlawed loot crates. And mount adoption licenses are not your regular loot crates anyway, since you always get a mount skin and can never get a double.

Also, 1200 gems being too much is just an opinion. Like not wanting to buy that really amazing car because you think it's too expensive. You can disagree with the price they're asking, but they can ask anything they want for it. There's no law prescribing the maximum amount of ingame currency an item can be sold for.

A license ticket to unlock all the mounts will assuredly be a high-priced item. And people are less likely to pay high amounts for one item than small amounts for several items. Besides, 15 x 400 gems and you've got a full set unlocked. Multiplying the 1200 gem price for a guaranteed mount skin does not work for a full set, since that can already be bought for 3 times less the amount. So your 21,600 gems is a little melodramatic.

For instance, the first set of 30 mount skins could be bought in its entirety for 9,600 gems. Buying them all separately would've cost you 12,000 gems. For the second and third set of 15 skins, if I'm not mistaken they also sold them in increments of 5, those being a bit cheaper than buying 5 of them separately. A principle that is quite a common practice in sales, selling a bunch of them for a lower price then when you would've bought them separately.

In gambling, your chances of winning do not improve with every consecutive game you play. With mount adoption licenses, every time you get one you don't want, the chance of getting the one you want increases. This is markedly different from gambling, which is potentially a bottomless pit. Mount adoption licenses are not. There's no junk items, no spending gold/money on 50 of them and never getting anything you want. Those would be the Black Lion chests, which I assume are now also unavailable in Belgium (by their reasoning, if mount adoption licenses are unavailable because of their loot crate law, BL chests should definitely be unavailable). But did I get that right? You said you can only buy mount licenses for 1200 gems, after the sale is gone. I don't know what you mean by "after the sale is gone", but if you mean that the license pack is no longer offered, than you also can't buy any of those skins separately for 1200 gems anymore, because the set is off the TP. And this is always temporary, since these offers return from time to time (the gemstore recycles periodically). It also sounds highly counterproductive. They want to prevent people from throwing money at a RNG system and thereby creating financial problems for themselves, so their alternative is to only allow an option that is 3 times more expensive than the RNG one? This seems to be just as much a potential financial problems for such people as the RNG licenses can be.

Edit: grammar

@"DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756" said:They could've just priced the things like normal.

Basic kitten skins, 400.Middle class skins, 800.Deluxe pinky up while drinking tea skins, 1200.

But the RNG route is the go to for them profits. The 1200 selection route does the same I suppose, while under disguise as a solution to previous RNG.

They may still go this route if banning lootboxes and random items becomes more widespread. I'd imagine at some point they'd rework the system rather than rope an ever-growing number of regions into the "no lootbox" quarantine zone. Maybe we'll even see BL chests get reworked at some point. Half of the chests contents are predetermined now, all they'd have to do is replace the two random items.

@Merc The Forgotten.5610 said:Lets be honest 1200gems for a recycle skin is not gonna happen.

Correct. I purchased one for 720 Gems last night, as while there are few in the set I wouldn't mind having, there was one in particular that I definitely had to have, so I bought it. When I contemplated buying the random licenses which were also on sale, I stopped myself by considering I would likely get skins I didn't want and wouldn't use, so why waste the gems.

@Swagger.1459 said:

The president of Anet already made official comments on this topic...

“Hi,

We made a commitment to you in March 2012 that we’d fund GW2 live development through non-pay-to-win microtransactions. We try different ideas, but we always hold true to that commitment. We’ve been collecting and discussing your feedback on the Mount Adoption License, and today I’d like to acknowledge and respond to the concerns you’ve raised, and to share our perspective with you.

You have valid concerns about random boxes. We hoped that the design of the Mount Adoption License would be reassuring. In this case, we made some missteps:

At a time when there’s a lot of debate about random boxes in gaming, we should have anticipated that a new system with a random element would cause alarm.We released mount skins with three different purchase models, but with the majority of skins released so far through the Adoption License. It’s easy to perceive this as intentionally channeling you toward randomization.The Adoption License is a large set at 30 skins. We stand by the work our artists put into each skin, but it’s understandable to see this as pushing down the odds of acquiring any one skin, and to worry that we might add more skins to lower the chances further.Here are some of the benefits we had in mind when designing the Mount Adoption License:

You get a brand-new, unique mount skin every time, for a substantial discount versus an individual purchase price.It uses a progressive mechanic. Every license gives you a new skin to use and increases the odds of acquiring any remaining skins.You’ve requested variety, and this is a way to support variety. Individual sale is a mechanic that works with a few, flashy skins. Using a grab bag mechanic gives us leeway to create skins to suit a wide range of player tastes while offering a lower price per skin.Microtransactions can be polarizing, and we’ve received both positive and negative feedback on the license. We won’t change the existing license in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made, but I want to confirm to you that our next planned mount skin releases will focus on individual sales like the Reforged Warhound and bundles like the Spooky Mounts Pack. We will not add any skins to the currently available Adoption License, thus not pushing down the odds of acquiring any one skin in that set.

We appreciate the thoughtful feedback many of you have provided, and that you hold us to high standards for monetization. It’s been a challenging but wonderful goal to support live development and Living World purely through optional microtransactions, and it’s your support that’s made that possible. Thank you.

~ MO”

Thats from BEFORE the law got implented. And you still does not seems to understand 30mounts or 21mounts for 1200gems is unbelievable expensive for a recycle skin. You can say convert ingame gold but thats just not possible for most of the people and that way also anet wont make money from it. And if it indeed are like 30skins back then that means it would now be 33-36skins because of beetle. You have any idea how much real money that is? That is like a month income for someone that works full time. You must be insane to give it for that. 2k gems 24€from a official store You need like 39,600gems. for 33skins that is utterly insane no way you can talk that good. These are not even special skins. These are recycle skins we are talking about. Skins were the moddels already existed from the basic skin and just added some marks on and gave 4 dye channels. Just seeing these prices should be a wake up call that the system needs to be re-done.

@"DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756" said:Can we have a griffon gold sink like option? Would rather my gold just disappear into the ether at this point.

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather throw 20g down the drain than give 15g to someone fiddling with the TP to leech gold off other players.

These items stack so it's not possible for them, but for other very rare items with a slow and unreliable supply like the exotic trinkets used in the Treasure Hunter collection there should have been an "account bound on trade" binding property, so they are either sold if you don't need them, or bought only if you want to use them. Making it impossible to buy them only to sell them higher.

But that would not be doable for items that stack, since they'd by turned into a different account bound item, and that would not work for the recipes. So for those that stack the only solution is either additional supply sources or some sort of trade control like increasing taxes for an item the more transactions per hour with that item are done, until going on at it with the item is no longer profitable.

@hugo.4705 said:The price seems to be almost stabilized around 15-19 gold, due to all the lately added offer at 15-19, big offers like 20, 30 sigils.. maybe the price can't simply increase to the maximum. That offer at 1282 g seems very crazy.There appear to be quite a few new listings posted in the 20g to 60g range today. It appears that the sellers are banking on the price steadily blowing past the 20g mark.

Archived