Superior Runes of Sanctuary & Abrasive Grit [merged]

Protostellar.4981

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:The trait was good but not spectacular before the rune change occurred. This seems a bit heavy handed. I could see a 1 second ICD being fair, but 5 seconds is a lot.

It didn't need a change. The rune is 100% to blame for all this. It should have never been given the 6th bonus.

Further proves the knee jerk reaction of hitting the class and not the fucking rune just updated a day ago. I can’t express my utter frustration and anger. Hit the rune not the class.

This is the final straw, How anet handled this by nerfing a trait and killing a build/spec in PvE because they altered a rune and didn't even think or test it. This trait was fine for how long? Nobody in PvE was complaining it was too strong or needed changing. Now we have this situation where a SINGLE rune makes a trait stronger and they're reaction is to alter the trait? How much thinking did you guys do over in balance town to come up with this, Anet? Then how long did you think about how this "solution" was the best? Anet, You've burned me the last time. I'm walking away from your game because of how poorly you manage, the updates that you push that ALWAYS have broken things attached because you didn't test(Meteor Show 1 shot, Devouring Darkness not needing LoS to hit and having it hit all 5 targets with the boon corrupt). I'm walking away from a game I loved because I've been burned too many times from the dev team.

The best solution is to never give you money again, never mention to game to friends, or give friends a reason to invite me for activities in this game.

@Copperheart.9517 said:Yeah. That’s actually pretty stupid. The problem was the rune. But you know NERF NECRO is like very other patch. So not all that surprised.

Sorta seems logical on my end...Either remove the rune so 26/27 classes miss out because of the one spec or just put an ICD on that 1 spec so all 27 specs can use it without breaking the game.

We can get emotional over it sure, but it won't do much. From a logical stand point, yes you would normally go to a source of the problem but in this case it just happened to be 1/27 specs was breaking the game, logical choice in this situation is to change that outlier rather than scrap the whole project and start again.

@perilisk.1874 said:The situation was dire enough that they probably just wanted to make the problem go away ASAP. Hopefully they double back later and make a softer fix that only affects the problem with the rune interaction (e.g. replace the ICD with a minimum barrier application requirement).

They're prob gonna compensate us with an axe buff and call it even.

@perilisk.1874 said:The situation was dire enough that they probably just wanted to make the problem go away ASAP. Hopefully they double back later and make a softer fix that only affects the problem with the rune interaction (e.g. replace the ICD with a minimum barrier application requirement).

I understand that but the heavy handness of this is just wrong.

I hate this change. If they wanted to change Scourge instead of this awful rune, they should have made it so that it was either a 3 second ICD, or a 5 second ICD that removes two conditions. As it is this screws playing Scourge in a support role a bit, and it makes this trait just worse than the sustain you would get instead by running Nourishing Rot.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Copperheart.9517 said:Yeah. That’s actually pretty stupid. The problem was the rune. But you know NERF NECRO is like very other patch. So not all that surprised.

Sorta seems logical on my end...Either remove the rune so 26/27 classes miss out because of the one spec or just put an ICD on that 1 spec so all 27 specs can use it without breaking the game.

I was emotionally angry at this change too but logical thinking always prevails.

This is an extremely cheapened point of view, considering again that they fucking caused it with the update yesterday and further proves the necro hate.

If it wasn’t for the amount of money I’ve already poured into this game, I’d just walk away but since they just love stomping on necros soo much, I’m just going to go back to my dragonhunter.

I called the fact that this would happen its unlikely that the rune would get removed cause its not that strong in any other portion of the game on any other profession So it makes more sense to look at the problem trait causing the fuss.They had 2 options really1: Remove the rune from pvp or the game entirely (which invalidates it without even giving it a real testing period, this wont be the only rune that causes changes)-or-2:Add a cooldown to Abrasive Grit and leave the rune alone for now and see how things go

To be fair any scourge who was using this set up with the run was using abrasive grit in a purpose that it was not intended. It was intended to be a supportive trait and the unintended function with the rune turned it into a selfish trait.

While i think 5 seconds might be a bit too high (I was more so betting on 3 seconds) Without this rune who actually ran this trait commonly and if you did how often were you really applying barrier on yourself to make use of the condition cleanse and might generation. Even if you were supporting allies with it how often do you really think you were able to dump out barrier in a realistic manner. It was likely not 2-4 times every other second.

My final thoughts are that the new icd was needed but 5 seconds is a bit to high maybe we can see a pve split that keeps it fictional respectably in the that mode. If the rune is removed then i see no reason why the change cant be reverted.

@ZDragon.3046 said:I called the fact that this would happen its unlikely that the rune would get removed cause its not that strong in any other portion of the game on any other profession So it makes more sense to look at the problem trait causing the fuss.They had 2 options really1: Remove the rune from pvp or the game entirely (which invalidates it without even giving it a real testing period, this wont be the only rune that causes changes)-or-2:Add a cooldown to Abrasive Grit and leave the rune alone for now and see how things go

To be fair any scourge who was using this set up with the run was using abrasive grit in a purpose that it was not intended. It was intended to be a supportive trait and the unintended function with the rune turned it into a selfish trait.

While i think 5 seconds might be a bit too high (I was more so betting on 3 seconds) Without this rune who actually ran this trait commonly and if you did how often were you really applying barrier on yourself to make use of the condition cleanse and might generation. Even if you were supporting allies with it how often do you really think you were able to dump out barrier in a realistic manner. It was likely not 2-4 times every other second.

My final thoughts are that the new icd was needed but 5 seconds is a bit to high maybe we can see a pve split that keeps it fictional respectably in the that mode. If the rune is removed then i see no reason why the change cant be reverted.

The foolish optimist in me hopes that they only made this change due to it taking longer to change the rune, and they will revert Abrasive Grit once they finish implementing the change.

What even was this change? Often you combo multiple barrier skills together to clear multiple conditions within 5 seconds. This was a straight out nerf to an underperforming spec for a terrible reason. Nerfing necro instead of fixing the interaction was a meme for a reason, not an approach that should have been taken.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:I called the fact that this would happen its unlikely that the rune would get removed cause its not that strong in any other portion of the game on any other profession So it makes more sense to look at the problem trait causing the fuss.They had 2 options really1: Remove the rune from pvp or the game entirely (which invalidates it without even giving it a real testing period, this wont be the only rune that causes changes)-or-2:Add a cooldown to Abrasive Grit and leave the rune alone for now and see how things go

The foolish optimist in me hopes that they only made this change due to it taking longer to change the rune, and they will revert Abrasive Grit once they finish implementing the change.

All im saying is that it was totally ironic that scourges were using a rune to proc what should have been a supportive trait selfishly then when the trait gets bumped to be more in line but still usable (when many were not even using it before more than likely) people lash out about it.... like what..... excuse me. Even if you did use the trait before this rune no way you were popping it more than 1 once every 3-5 seconds anyways unless you were in those panic barrier spaz moments where you use your heal followed by desert shroud right away. I mean come on now... this is a all a bit silly.

If the rune goes away or gets change i see no issue with abrasive grit returning to its old self with no icd i would be all for it.

Abrasive grit was never overpowered, it was generally a fairly weak way of clearing conditions since generating barrier is not as common an ability as people seem to think and it only cleared one. It was however an extremely important part of support scourge since they already hard nerfed the f2 by halving its ability. Completely unjustified change used instead of a real solution.

@moonboi.1764 said:So nerf necro trait instead of fixing the rune issue that caused the problem?!

EDIT: should be in necro forum for trait but out here for rune issue.

Nah it should be in general because the rune is still the problem. The trait wasn't an issue before and only showcased itself to be one because of poor design when it came to this new version of the rune.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@moonboi.1764 said:So nerf necro trait instead of fixing the rune issue that caused the problem?!

EDIT: should be in necro forum for trait but out here for rune issue.

Nah it should be in general because the rune is still the problem. The trait wasn't an issue before and only showcased itself to be one because of poor design when it came to this new version of the rune.

My thoughts too but thought I should say that to defend my point of putting it in general. Don’t want a warning for it lol.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

All im saying is that it was totally ironic that scourges were using a rune to proc what should have been a supportive trait selfishly then when the trait gets bumped to be more in line but still usable (when many were not even using it before more than likely) people lash out about it.... like what..... excuse me. Even if you did use the trait before this rune no way you were popping it more than 1 once every 3-5 seconds anyways unless you were in those panic barrier spaz moments where you use your heal followed by desert shroud right away. I mean come on now... this is a all a bit silly.

If the rune goes away or gets change i see no issue with abrasive grit returning to its old self with no icd i would be all for it.

On a personal note, I always knew if I popped a barrier or 3 I would remove a condition or 3.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

This trait was being used by every support scourge in PvE. This PvP/WvW nerf has nerfed support Scourge in PvE for no reason. There was no issue with this trait at all before the rune came out.

@ZDragon.3046 You do realise i was common for people to place a shade, use sand cascade and use sand shroud within 3 seconds to barrier themselves and clear conditions after taking damage and conditions. This isn't niche, people did run sand cascade before now and it is a significant nerf to its condition clearing capabilities which to many was the main draw of the trait.

@Aslakh.3072 said:@ZDragon.3046 You do realise i was common for people to place a shade, use sand cascade and use sand shroud within 3 seconds to barrier themselves and clear conditions after taking damage and conditions. This isn't niche, people did run sand cascade before now and it is a significant nerf to its condition clearing capabilities which to many was the main draw of the trait.

Agreed. Previously we had the flexibility to manage our barriers according to the number of condis that needed clearing. We could choose to clear one or multiple in a couple of seconds. Now we can only clear one or two every 5 seconds.

Archived