Do you pre-block players? and why?

Xtinct.7031

O dear God, if only. Don't let these people whisper me, ANet. Every time it's the same: "you don't play WvW the way I WANT IT TO BE PLAYED! What is your fucking problem?" No problem, Pal. You as an individual do not matter to me one bit. Why on earth should you? I made the mistake of engaging the last one in conversation...never again. This guy was so low-vibration that I felt myself developing an afinity for climbing trees and picking nits off my team-mates. Win or lose, please shut up you cunt!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I label all my blockees with server (if applicable) and their offense.

I have a standard list of GS's (labeled 1-10, never got past 10), they are infinite blocks even though number 10 came more than 2 years ago.

I have a crazy, don't ever plan on unblocking.

I have someone that got a golem where they shouldn't have been able to, they are probably long term block.

I get tact pullers every now and then, and watch who shows after so I can label my tact puller's with their appropriate server. These guys usually stay for the duration of the link since their "server" will usually be back against us.

Lastly, I get people who catch me in the wrong mood, not everytime, but I sometimes block them just so I can hunt down throughout the week if I'm bored, they get removed when the week is up.

I sometimes block people to get their name (and unblock them right away) so I can whisper them, it often ends in a nice chat and in some occasions we also meet for PvE events. The only time I block players permanently is when they start acting childish after losing a duel, they get riled up and the hate speech starts, no point in reasoning with them :-)

I have been known to block people that killed me. But only when they did something underhand like exploiting, ganking u semi-afk or while in another form like candy corn etc or after you waved at them. Normally I block them so If I see them again I know not to let them even cap a sentry without me attacking them. Like today someone did something they shouldn't have been able to (not going into details because we're not allowed to list exploits). But what they did helped them stop me take a tower which i was capping at the time. He managed to get up to me and contest while his group ran to help him. That guy was blocked ASAP and i see him again he's gonna get ganked time and time again. But then again I block a lot of people. When anet secretly reduced the blocklist numbers from unlimited to a set amount, I was still over the set blocklist amount meaning I couldn't block anyone else until after I'd removed ppl from my blocklist. That became impossible because opening up my blocklist crashed the client each time i tried. Support/Zendesk, in the end, had to remove 1000s of people from my blocklist for me one by one. I remember the support guy emailing me after letting me know he now has blisters on his fingers after spending 3 hrs removing people from my BL XD

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:I do. Any stealth class that kills me. I didn't at first but it's those that seem to msg you talking trash or crying when you win. Or the worst asking for 1 on 1s cause someone else showed up. Like go away. I kill and die 100s of times a week never care to talk to them.

Tbh it's usually necros or warriors that salty whisper me. Might be different since I always play thief.

I don't know anything about pre blocking .Seems to be a wasted effort.As for blocking ,99% I have blocked are those annoying gold sellers.For all those that whisper insults or obnoxious taunts need to grow up .Nothing worse than dealing with an adult acting like a three yer old.

I did it few times, mainly cause i figured out when the toxic whispers will happen. One of the scenerios:

• One or both people are using some cheez/broken build
  • You end up wining the fight
  • Enemy person stay dead on the floor, and doesnt teleport away.

If the person stays there, i might just end up blocking, since ussualy people port away instantly. If he isnt doing that, he is most likely getting your name to whisper you.Oh and, as soon as i get a whisper i ussualy block if i realise that its a salty enemy.

Hey, for those of you that truthfully admitted do doing pre-blocking for what ever reason, thank you for being honest. It is a much wider practice than I had imagined.For the record, yes. I did make this post because over my 5+ years roaming in wvw I have encountered this practice many times, but my intent in contact isn't always to gloat or talk smack. Sometimes its just to ask a simple question like, what runes are you running on that build? Or your build could be better if you did this x, y and z.

I do not practice pre-blocking myself, but I have blocked players such as gold bots and that one guy that likes to talk smack before reblocking with every message. However, anyone talking smack is welcome and will not get blocked by me so as long as they keep the channel open both ways.

@Jeknar.6184 said:Block people and lose my daily dose of Salt being sent my way? NEVER!

The only people in my block lists are gold sellers (Most problably long gone) and one certain dude that went crazy (literally) and I simply couldn't stand him bothering me all the time.

Were you playing at night time? It's usually the Nocturnal players who are overwhelmed with Lunacy, right?

@Turk.5460 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:Block people and lose my daily dose of Salt being sent my way? NEVER!

The only people in my block lists are gold sellers (Most problably long gone) and one certain dude that went crazy (literally) and I simply couldn't stand him bothering me all the time.

Were you playing at night time? It's usually the
Nocturnal
players who are overwhelmed with
Lunacy
, right?

While I do get my Nocturnal doses of salt, that's not the guy I have blocked. The person in question actually was diagnosed with mental instability and is currently taking meds to control it. Quite a sad tale, really... He used to be a cool guy.

I might pre-block players before 1v1ing them, simply in case I'd want to fight them again, so I can check the block list if they're still on the same border as I am.

Just my sneaky way of keeping track of my enemies.

I know... I could add them to friends, but that feels way too fan-boyish.

@samo.1054 said:I might pre-block players before 1v1ing them, simply in case I'd want to fight them again, so I can check the block list if they're still on the same border as I am.

Just my sneaky way of keeping track of my enemies.

I know... I could add them to friends, but that feels way too fan-boyish.

so because ur a fanboy who dont want to admit that he is.. does this already qualify u as Hipster?

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Were you playing at night time? It's usually the
Nocturnal
players who are overwhelmed with
Lunacy
, right?

While I do get my Nocturnal doses of salt, that's not the guy I have blocked. The person in question actually was diagnosed with mental instability and is currently taking meds to control it. Quite a sad tale, really... He used to be a cool guy.

well, the King of England Henry the 6th had schizophrenia.

so good game.

I have no-one on my block list, this allows me to say GG to someone on the enemy team when we've had a good evening. Yes I actually do that without saltiness. Had a thief in zerg fights where we were trying to shut down each others casters while preventing each other doing so, was a fun few fights and said GG afterwards as a show of respect.

@apharma.3741 said:I have no-one on my block list, this allows me to say GG to someone on the enemy team when we've had a good evening. Yes I actually do that without saltiness. Had a thief in zerg fights where we were trying to shut down each others casters while preventing each other doing so, was a fun few fights and said GG afterwards as a show of respect.

i usually get confused when i get whispered 'gg' . i never know if it is sarcastic or not.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@apharma.3741 said:I have no-one on my block list, this allows me to say GG to someone on the enemy team when we've had a good evening. Yes I actually do that without saltiness. Had a thief in zerg fights where we were trying to shut down each others casters while preventing each other doing so, was a fun few fights and said GG afterwards as a show of respect.

i usually get confused when i get whispered 'gg' . i never know if it is sarcastic or not.

Yeah but in your case it's because you play very unfun builds to fight xD

Archived