Since anet refuses to remove down state from WvW, how about a sigil of 100% damage to down enemies?

Hitman.5829

@"Israel.7056" said:I think that's unnecessary. Give us a no downed state week once a month for a few months, let people get used to it more and I think the transition will come naturally as more and more people get more comfortable with it and realize removing downed state just makes the game more fun.

A lot of people are very reliant on downed state, you can't just pull the rug out from under them suddenly you have to ease them into the transition until they realize they don't actually need downed state after all and that the game really is more fast paced and fun without it.Are you sure you're not a politician? Because that really sounds like trying to manipulate and pressure the public into accepting a desired function that they dont agree with. As polls shown, the majority seemed in favor of keeping downstate even after the downed state week.

I also find it funny how one can claim that it would make the game "more fast paced" when one of the most vocal complaints on the forums is that people are getting instakilled by people that most definetly does not "need" downed state.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"gebrechen.5643" said:Every "no down state week" I stop playing. Great idea, right?

It is a great idea...It shows each player where their skill truly lies and how reliant or not they are on others. Also reveals where you need to improve as a WvWer which, trust me, some people need to know. You cant get better if you know know all of your weaknesses.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, then acknowledge the true fact that you cannot please everyone and that some people will have to be unhappy for a week.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:I think that's unnecessary. Give us a no downed state week once a month for a few months, let people get used to it more and I think the transition will come naturally as more and more people get more comfortable with it and realize removing downed state just makes the game more fun.

A lot of people are very reliant on downed state, you can't just pull the rug out from under them suddenly you have to ease them into the transition until they realize they don't actually need downed state after all and that the game really is more fast paced and fun without it.Are you
sure
you're not a politician? Because that really sounds like trying to manipulate and pressure the public into accepting a desired function that they dont agree with. As polls shown, the majority seemed in favor of keeping downstate even after the downed state week.

I also find it funny how one can claim that it would make the game "more fast paced" when one of the most vocal complaints on the forums is that people are getting instakilled by people that most definetly does not "need" downed state.

One week without it after years with it. It's impressive that the polls were as close as they were after just one week. A few more weeks of no downed state and I think more people might change their mind and the polls will shift. If we're going to be majoritarian about it a ten point swing would be enough to put the majority in favor of removing downed state. I'm confident that with more experience we will see at least that much of a shift in public opinion perhaps more.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Stab and stomp, be done with it and move on...

Come on, are you serious? do you even play WvW?With 100% health on down food, a down player can be resurrected in less than 1 sec by just pressing F.

Stomp takes 3 secondsThink before you post.

Yes I do. And I don't complain about every little thing in the game I know is not going to be fixed...

In my point of view:We don't need to remove downstate, just need to remove the action "F" to ress while in combat.

• traits will still work.
  • Blobs will not benefit from the sheer numbers to ressbot a downed.

That kind of fix will gives also more relevance to support builds in the game, because they can do something no other build can (if build for it). The tech is already there (we can't ress a full dead while in combat) so it should be minimal effort.

Still the downed can be helped if there is just one ranger pewpewing.

Still would rather have a 2 strike system for downstate:

• first time going down is normal, can be ressed in combat, but gain 10 minute debuff which means...
  • second time within that 10 mins goes immediately to full dead (reset debuff on respawn)

Would stop endless res chains on the same player as effectively "killing them twice" (if ressed and within the 10 min debuff timer) would finish them fully.

@godofcows.2451 said:still not a substitute for no downstate. no downstate all the way. just get rid of bad powercreep mechanics while we're at it or better yet, before it.

How downed state is powercreep? its allways been on the game...also, damage its so high on the game, that if you decide to stop to rez a downed ally, you might end up dead yourself...just poison or CC the target to prevent it, its not hard.

@"anduriell.6280" said:In my point of view:We don't need to remove downstate, just need to remove the action "F" to ress while in combat.

• traits will still work.
  • Blobs will not benefit from the sheer numbers to ressbot a downed.

That kind of fix will gives also more relevance to support builds in the game, because they can do something no other build can (if build for it). The tech is already there (we can't ress a full dead while in combat) so it should be minimal effort.

Still the downed can be helped if there is just one ranger pewpewing.

You can't ress in combat now, that was done a long time ago. Don't see the point of removing the F other than you won't get the message in the chat box that you're in combat...

Edit: Unless you're talking about a possible area zone that would consider you in combat instead of as an individual.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Stab and stomp, be done with it and move on...I'd wish the enemies would do that, instead of dancing, throwing siege, let you bleed out, or just beeing too dumb or carful to make a quick kill.

Can we pls have a button to press to die instantly if downed? Would be awesome.This!

What you dscribed is the most annoying thing in WvW. It's just a waste of my lifetime. I'd even grant the enemy the bonus points they get for stomping for free when I press that button.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"godofcows.2451" said:still not a substitute for no downstate. no downstate all the way. just get rid of bad powercreep mechanics while we're at it or better yet, before it.

How downed state is powercreep? its allways been on the game...also, damage its so high on the game, that if you decide to stop to rez a downed ally, you might end up dead yourself...just poison or CC the target to prevent it, its not hard.

ReRead. I never said it was a powercreep mechanic. That's why it has the lines "while we're at it or better yet, before it". Meaning you get rid of powercreep in parallel to removing downstate or before removing downstate because a huge massive blob of QQQQQQQQQ will follow.You don't need an explanation of parallel now, do you?

Now, since you have mentioned downstate being a powercreep, that's a different matter. Just because something has always been in the game doesn't mean it or isn't for the best or if there is or not a better option out there. Do i think it's powercreep? Yes, yes I do. Does it carry you though? ;3

@Hitman.5829 said:EDITHAHHAHAHAHAHA just look at the amount of people that disagree with this. Is as if they had never played WvW. Telling me to stomp!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA stomp takes 3 sec, and resurrecting a down player with 100% health takes less than 0.1 to resurrect by just pressing F.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of Clueless Aunts

Or maybe they have played WvW and discovered that interrupts actually interrupt ressing.

Its a strange concept, I know.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

EDIT
HAHHAHAHAHAHA just look at the amount of people that disagree with this. Is as if they had never played WvW. Telling me to stomp!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA stomp takes 3 sec, and resurrecting a down player with 100% health takes less than 0.1 to resurrect by just pressing F.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of
C
lueless Aunts

Or maybe they have played WvW and discovered that interrupts actually interrupt ressing.

Its a strange concept, I know.

And puts the ressing player in combat. Try playing without running any food or utilities then come back and try again... I haven't run those in over 4 years. Sometimes I pop some MF stuff to make people QQ...

downed state is a core mechanic of the game . Actually it is one of the things that makes it different from other similar games.It will never be removed so you can wipe your tears. If they want to add consumables/traits for more dmg to downed state, be my guest, it will actually be a loss to anyone who uses it, if it is in favor of actual dmg increase.Then you would again complain it is useless.As a weaver i love downed state and it's rally, it actually makes me play a bit more in bigger fights where a random crit , a thief/war going for the backlane, retalition can down you in 1 sec.

You have a warrior icon so I assume you play warrior, warrior can already kill a down player in 2-3 swings of their sword, actually faster than stomping.As a guardian people res faster than I can dps in zerk gear, and when down I'd be happy to have the warriors second life over the junk symbol I'm stuck with.What again are you complaining about?

Archived