gen 3

I'm not sure who you are asking. We def don't know and the devs def wont tell us about future content.

If you want speculation though, I suspect that if we get a gen 3, it'll tie with whatever Season/expac we are focused on for those couple of years rather than bridging 2 expacs like the 2/2.5's since they were subjected to a delayed and staggered schedule.

it wasn't mentioned in the "what we have in-stall for the future" post from the guy. so I doubt we'd get gen3.

also they should give us build templates and finish off the legendary trinkets and runes/sigils before thinking about gen 3... one step at a time is better.

also Gen 3 should come with Expac 3... it'd be perfect... The trifecta...

Maybe, eventually. But not likely right away. As to what mats it might use... Who knows? it could be just about anything, so don't be afraid to stock up or farm stuff you might need later. Chances are there will be a new set of resources we'll be expected to collect, if only for a few item-components.

I don't see why they wouldn't start with gen 3 immediately. They are a huge pull and healthy for the economy... Only question is whether the revamp of pof metas with heros choice box is going to re invigorate people to make the desert mastery gift and thus gen 3 would be desert mastery only.

I hope they do as gen 2 wasn't really pof linked in reference in terms of the themes of the legendaries so I'd love to see some ones that actually had a pof flair.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They stated that they are continuing making legendaries with each LW chapter into Season 5.

Got a link for that?And nothing saying that it will be weapons it can be jewelery, backpack and armor for all we know.

I can't seem to find the forum post since the team didn't think to sticky it. It stated that legendaries will continue into Season 5. I doubt its trinkets since there aren't enough trinket slots in the game to justify 1 for each chapter. Going by their 6 chapters per season, legendary runes definitely seem possible.

I see after all the trinkets (or alongside some), a new armor set being more likely, and I hope so. A generalized PvE legendary armor would be a great addition, especially since as it is we have only one full set of legendary armor skins.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:New wvw/pvp weapons and armor will come out, in the summer and fall/winter.

Nothing indicating that they'll be legendaries though.

Of course not. I said about new skins, not leggies! Although one can hope leggy accessories for wvw will come...

That's a great point! I would love it if we got legendary accessories with effects from wvw. I would hope it would be achievement oriented rather than just a gold sink though.

@Samuel.4812 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:New wvw/pvp weapons and armor will come out, in the summer and fall/winter.

Nothing indicating that they'll be legendaries though.

Of course not. I said about new skins, not leggies! Although one can hope leggy accessories for wvw will come...

That's a great point! I would love it if we got legendary accessories with effects from wvw. I would hope it would be achievement oriented rather than just a gold sink though.

It would be grossly unfair to all other game mode legendaries if a gold sink wasnt there. As always with leggies, gold sinks will be there, no matter the mode (rightly so)

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They stated that they are continuing making legendaries with each LW chapter into Season 5.

Got a link for that?And nothing saying that it will be weapons it can be jewelery, backpack and armor for all we know.Hopefully it will be armor, because there's still no proper PVE legendary armor.

Watch there be weekly, unskippable jump puzzles. Along with Gift of Battle, Craftsmanship and Exploration involved for EACH piece.

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth Anet very rarely tell us what they aren't working on. (Probably because that would be a very long list, and could lead to the assumption that anything they haven't thought to mention is being worked on.)

So generally it's best to assume that unless they've told us something is being worked on that means it isn't and we shouldn't expect it.