Armor Repair Cost (back)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:~snip~

But having armor damage that is free to repair in GW2 is just odd, especially since it also gets repaired for free when you use a Mistlock, respawn at your starting waypoint in WvW, and I also believe if another player revives you?

No big deal ofc, just seems odd to have it in it's current state.

FYI - It doesn't self repair if someone rezes you, your armor stays damaged or broken...as a matter of fact, if you want to test this yourself find someone that's afk'ing in an unsafe area that is dead, rez them, watch them get killed and keep repeating, eventually that person will have no armor on them as it's all broken.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:If they have removed the cost of repair, just remove armor damage entirely. Turn all repair canisters into vendorable items, same with the repair contract (worth much more gold obv).

I'm not a huge fan of armor damage or anything, it was just something you accepted in WoW. You run around, got hit, had to repair. Did something dumb? Your dungeon/raid group stunk? You got a repair bill.

But having armor damage that is free to repair in GW2 is just odd, especially since it also gets repaired for free when you use a Mistlock, respawn at your starting waypoint in WvW, and I also believe if another player revives you?

No big deal ofc, just seems odd to have it in it's current state.

TLDR: Charge for repairs or remove armor damage completely. Plz pick one.

I suspect that removing the cost involved changing the routine in the program which calculated how much to charge by adding a X*0 at the end. I also suspect that changing the system which applies the damage to armor would have been much more involved. If I'm right, it would not be the first time ANet took the easier path.

@Dami.5046 said:

@Richard Marcinko.5132 said:So by your logic then you must create a new toon every time you die, you know for the role player in you.... I spend enough just redoing my armor every time someone QQ's about my Mesmer and it gets nerfed again.

This^Totally off topic but this.

The gold needed to redo your gear every 3 months for balance updates is way less than the easy gold you can make in game with an hour's play every day.

@"Randulf.7614" said:If it helps, if you send me the silver every time you repair, I - as a fully qualified Grandmaster Armourer - will ensure my fellow blacksmiths get paid for their services.

You have my word.

4yK1f0j.jpg

As head of the commission of economic affairs you'll have to send me 15% of your earnings.

Gl with your endeavors.

At the moment I don't feel like damaging the armor means anything. It might be some RPer in me or something. But I would simply love if the blacksmiths weren't doing this for free.

And the RPer in you doesn't tell you that as a master armor smith it's silly to give your damaged gear to others to repair it.You can craft a morphing armor that changes shapes when entering combat, you can craft armor that is engulfed in flames or has particle effects. But you can't repair that iron helmet that broke when an ogre bashed you in the head.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

At the moment I don't feel like damaging the armor means anything. It might be some RPer in me or something. But I would simply love if the blacksmiths weren't doing this for free.

And the RPer in you doesn't tell you that as a master armor smith it's silly to give your damaged gear to others to repair it.You can craft a morphing armor that changes shapes when entering combat, you can craft armor that is engulfed in flames or has particle effects. But you can't repair that iron helmet that broke when an ogre bashed you in the head.

That's actually so true. Well, at least we are the Commander - who needs practical skills anyway?

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

That's actually so true. Well, at least we are
the
Commander - who needs practical skills anyway?

That one armorsmith in Dragon's Stand makes me shake my head every time. She's right next to the anvil, so half the time end up clicking on her, and she grouches that she's busy, do it yourself. Really? Would you talk to a high ranking officer that way and expect to not get slapped down?

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:There is a price already in the time you have to pay to visit the repair. Would prefer this not to come back. There are also other issues where you have WvW where you are always damaged. A few silver here and there doesn't sound bad but in WvW that stacks up quickly and you make little enough.

Armor is auto-repaired when you are in the WvW maps' spawn area.

Why would I go back to spawn if the keep is closer? Your statement is correct, but so is mine. If I choose the less efficient rez at spawn then I have even further to go to return to the fight. If I rez at the keep I must repair. Hence there is already a price.

Once the Auto-loot mastery is unlocked, the player should auto-repair and perhaps auto-sell junk when passing close enough to an anvil.

The Anvil menus are a big time-waster.

Besides, when I return to the Royal Terrace, the valet should be handling those chores. ( Wishing the valet could also crack some troll noggins )