Upcoming Ranger Changes - Extremely Sad

shadowpass.4236

@"Shao.7236" said:

Getting to spam 3 times a full second evade on a skill that has no CD or cost of use is not exactly what we should call "skilled"... That's actually broken given that not even Thief as Daredevil gets to effectively do that with weapons.

Default evades are actually ¾, weapons typically ½ depending on their duration. You can see where it starts not making sense, considering how GS has also burst, leap evade, block and CC. Calling it an unfair fix is quite.. Biased given how good GS is.

Way to dumb down the game.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I'm actually mad that you reported mechanics that have been well-established and in the game since release/HoT release. There have been multiple videos showcasing higher level techniques such as these and you reported them as bugs to get them removed?!

Way to dumb down the game. Let's all brainstorm some ways to lower the skill ceiling even more! kitten unreal.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question and the reasoning behind this change is probably this :Since we give rangers new defense tools (on block + evade) where do we cut some defense?What do you guys think is a decent way to nerf greatsword and keep the auto evade?Reducing the block time to 2s? 1.5s? Or something else?Edit : I also think the 15 endurance is too small. Maybe add an other effect to make it worth depending on the endurance level?

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Don't let your personal experience overshadow the fact.

Because something is left untouched doesn't mean it's fine, it should be expected from Anet now, they've done it before and will keep doing that.

I'd really like you to elaborate how does this dumb down the game to have unfair advantages not intended by the devs because in the personal experience out of all things, it's apparently "hard" to pull off, but is it really?

Because you have the ability to move around faster climbing safe spots to just cleave people away as they can't do anything even if they had the skill to do so, still lack the required benefit. Because the movement speed is intentional but those spots aren't, if Anet had the time on their hands I can tell you they would patch em.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Don't let your personal experience overshadow the fact.

Because something is left untouched doesn't mean it's fine, it should be expected from Anet now, they've done it before and will keep doing that.

I'd really like you to elaborate how does this dumb down the game to have unfair advantages not intended by the devs because in the personal experience out of all things, it's apparently "hard" to pull off, but is it really?

Because you have the ability to move around faster climbing safe spots to just cleave people away as they can't do anything even if they had the skill to do so, still lack the required benefit. Because the movement speed is intentional but those spots aren't, if Anet had the time on their hands I can tell you they would patch em.

Let me emphasize this for you.

IN THE FUCKING GAME SINCE RELEASEWELL ESTABLISHED

I have have never in my life spammed my skills like a bot into a gs evading ranger. This shits is not fucking random. I can interrupt either of the first two auto attacks easily (even with quickness) if I know the ranger is trying to do it. Not to mention evade chaining with the auto doesn't even deal damage so I can just stow my weapon and wait like anyone else with a brain would do.

@Tayga.3192

If auto attack on gs evade cancelling was a bug or an exploit, then it would have been bug fixed, or changed at some point other than a balance patch. In fact, they have even given their reasoning for it, to prevent random dodging cause it feels bad. Not really sure what's makes you feel so confident in your assumptions when it seems pretty clear what's going on.

As for the random dodge arguement, i would argue it wasn't random at all as someone who can see animations that have a 1.5s lead up time and react accordingly. In addition, that's why stow canceling for the auto or intentionally missing comes into play, if your own timing is off, you can still dodge with skill.

Let me get this straight: I don't like the way they fixed it with a rework. I would rather they really fixed it by making cancel reset the chain.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Power Stab is not an exploit. Check your terminology.

Power Stab could be casted, cancelled and recasted for longer evade duration. It is obviously an exploit, it only happens with channeled autoattacks.

Don't worry, I got the definition of "exploit" from gw2 wiki.Link: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit

ps: Exploits don't need "feedback" except reports. They aren't discuss materials for players.

@Tayga.3192 said:Let me get this straight: I don't like the way they fixed it with a rework. I would rather they really fixed it by making cancel reset the chain.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Power Stab is not an exploit. Check your terminology.

Power Stab could be casted, cancelled and recasted for longer evade duration. It is obviously an exploit, it only happens with channeled autoattacks.

Don't worry, I got the definition of "exploit" from gw2 wiki.Link:

ps: Exploits don't need "feedback" except reports. They aren't discuss materials for players.

If you consider how the skill functions while the cancel is performed, it's difficult to see how it fulfills this part of that particular description;

"the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game's designers."

Greatsword's extremely telegraphed without quickness, and Power Stab has a massive startup animation and aftercast.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:If you consider how the skill functions while the cancel is performed, it's difficult to see how it fulfills this part of that particular description;

"the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game's designers."Let's see:expected by the game's designersThis part. It was "apparently" not intended to function like that. I don't think it was op or anything.

Greatsword's extremely telegraphed without quickness, and Power Stab has a massive startup animation and aftercast.This is what I am talking about. It doesn't matter if it had 5 minutes cooldown and did only 1 damage.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:If you consider how the skill functions while the cancel is performed, it's difficult to see how it fulfills this part of that particular description;

"the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits
without the risk or time
expected by the game's designers."Let's see:expected by the game's designersThis part. It was "apparently" not intended to function like that. I don't think it was op or anything.

Greatsword's extremely telegraphed without quickness, and Power Stab has a massive startup animation and aftercast.This is what I am talking about. It doesn't matter if it had 5 minutes cooldown and did only 1 damage.

Fair enough to be an extent; but I have to add: this is Anet, and I could totally see them making this change "just because" it was "thematically" more fitting. As such, unless directly stated, I am hesitant to call the skill function 'unseen' on the devs' part.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Fair enough to be an extent; but I have to add: this is Anet, and I could totally see them making this change "just because" it was "thematically" more fitting. As such, unless directly stated, I am hesitant to call the skill function 'unseen' on the devs' part.

While I am not sure I was the reason, they fixed 2 of 3 long lasting bugs I reported, Elixir U and Power Stab.

So I guess they took them as exploits or it was just pure coincidence.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Fair enough to be an extent; but I have to add: this is Anet, and I could totally see them making this change "just because" it was "thematically" more fitting. As such, unless directly stated, I am hesitant to call the skill function 'unseen' on the devs' part.

While I am not sure I was the reason, they fixed 2 of 3 long lasting bugs I reported, Elixir U and Power Stab.

So I guess they took them as exploits or it was just pure coincidence.

They actually implemented a Dragonhunter bow 4 change I was suggesting a while back as well. Credit where it's due, when it's due, I suppose.

• Even on greatsword, rangers still lose in melee range against almost every other class. If we trade with holos we lose, warriors kill us, mesmer clones with IH will now be able to completely nuke us with condis without the ability to greatsword auto evade them while cleaving. We will also lose the ability to stand in team fights because of how squishy we are. The 15 endurance gain on hit is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

I ranger main and have for many years and I think you bring up some good points. I am more inclined to agree with your arguments about cripple than the evade but I don’t use GS much so I admit there may be more to your objection there than I am familiar with. However, I do disagree your final statement about losing out in melee against everyone else. I run my own build that you won’t find on metabattle that uses axe oh. IN WvW I routinely destroy opponents in melee, 1v1 , 1v2 and sometimes even 1v3 if they aren’t terribly coordinated. Perhaps the issue isn’t ranger melee but rather ranger GS melee, and the GS meta isn’t quite the pinnacle of ranger dips.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:You what IS a kitten bug? The entire mirage profession.

Dodge while cc'd? Sounds like a kitten bug to me. How about you remove
that
Anet?

exploits@arena.net

Instead of throwing a tantrum like a five year old. Make a constructive complaint and send it to ArenaNet if you don't agree with their decisions.

They have made many questionable decisions in the past year. From buffing Holo to nerfing core guard and druid. Leaving mirage cloak unchecked, and Mercy signet in the game.

I understand you don't want your main class nerfed, I understand how that feels.But at the end of the day, this wasn't intended behavior and should never have existed in the first place.

And ranger GS is already very strong without it, having gap closer, evade, block, hard cc and burst all in the same weapon is a boon very few classes has access to.Many classes have seen nerfs this patch, so it's only fair that ranger gets theirs

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:So what about skills that allow you to reach areas a typical jump or teleport cannot? Or skills that can be stowed to bait out dodges like the glint elite? That's functionality outside of intended purpose so by that logic they shouldn't be in the game right? I personally think that as long as it's not an overwhelming advantage yes it is a more skilled level of play. Furthermore why tackle GS chain and not an actually problematic evade abuse like staff/staff?

Somebody (probably Praqtos) posted a thread about it and that thread got removed for advertising an exploit, so power stab was an exploit after all.

You can do the same thing with every single auto attack in the game including the reflect on thief staff auto.

Awhile back when I first heard of ranger gs aa3 stow, I thought of staff aa reflect. Staff aa 3 is a Channeled cast, stowing it just wastes it and flips back to aa1.

Also, you mentioned low range on ranger GS aa and Maul:according to wiki; ranger aa range is 130/130/130.warrior aa is 130/130/130reaper aa is 130/130/130guardian aa is 130/130/130.Maul range is 220100blades is 130Arcing slice is 150.gravedigger is 180deathspiral is 240EDIT: wiki on rangerGS AA says 150, but ingame its 130 on all the rangerGS AAs.