need two-seater mounts. im lazy.

This could be fun... IDK but...Mount mechanics:1) when another player interacts with an already mounted player, the mounted player gets a pop-up similar to party invite popup for acceptance (raptor doesn't have any say in this matter... only the rider does :p poor Petey/bunny)2) when two players are mounted, the mount speed/endurance skill efficiency reduces in half. Same goes for endurance Regen rate3) the player in back seat can't control the mount but instead she can jump off the mount at any time and use her glider to land safely(if in air) or fall to their death X)4) the player who controls the mount should also have the option to eject the back seat lazy passenger X)5) during race events, back seat passengers can only speculate and they can't participate until the race ends or they dismount and talk to the race organizing npc

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Ah, kitten, here we go again...

Do you realize that mounts ARE NOT separated objects? Even if your character is on a mount, this is one object", so your raptor/springer/jackal... becomes "legs" for your character. And: one player can't "physicaly" interact with another player.

I dont agree with that.I mean, CCs are just that, "interactions with another player". So I dont see how Mounts are somehow excluded from being able to interact with other players.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:A mount for groups would be pretty sweet.It will never happen though. Way to hard to sync that. You would see everyone traveling off in different directions every time the leader moved the mount.

not at all, since basic MMOs like Archeage can do it, I dont see why GW2 cant. even WoW, as old as it is, had it a long time ago

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:A mount for groups would be pretty sweet.It will never happen though. Way to hard to sync that. You would see everyone traveling off in different directions every time the leader moved the mount.

not at all, since basic MMOs like Archeage can do it, I dont see why GW2 cant. even WoW, as old as it is, had it a long time ago

I think your overestimating the resources Anet has. If the task takes any more than a few hours, then it's too much work.And since every story instance disconnects randomly during cut scenes and has so since POF when Anet re-wrote the net code for mounts to work. I seriously doubt they can make group movement sync work with their current botched net code.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I think your overestimating the resources Anet has. If the task takes any more than a few hours, then it's too much work.And since every story instance disconnects randomly during cut scenes and has so since POF when Anet re-wrote the net code for mounts to work. I seriously doubt they can make group movement sync work with their current botched net code.

Story instances is a totally different thing from mounts. Again Old WoW did it years ago. All they have to do is tailor the camera to the main player. In fact games like Archeage which is far less polished allow two person mounting, so its not out the reach for something like this here.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Story instances is a totally different thing from mounts. Again Old WoW did it years ago. All they have to do is tailor the camera to the main player. In fact games like Archeage which is far less polished allow two person mounting, so its not out the reach for something like this here.

Your over simplification and comparison to completely different mount systems and game engines isn't going to make its development more likely or less complicated.

"All they have to do is X ,it's so easy" when in all likelihood it is the complete opposite.

Do you realize that mounts ARE NOT separated objects? Even if your character is on a mount, this is one object", so your raptor/springer/jackal... becomes "legs" for your character. And: one player can't "physicaly" interact with another player.

Actually one player can interact physically with another. Giving the example of the /"some emote" commands ( /dance /salute ). What this command is doing is if you and other player write the same command with the symbol after the command in the same 1-3 seconds you can do the emote synchronized. This can be done with a lot of people. If we implement this option further we can have something like a player with interactable mount and synchronize the movement with another one. Other thing to think of is can one player remote other player and the answer is maybe. At dragon's bash festival we saw the moa race where you can observe the moas racing eachother, to look from their eyes, and when you finish you can just leave by simply click a button(unmount). So we have the option in the game for us to be synchronized with another player and to observe a movement of another object. As far as I know you can observe in PvP as well. The only barrier I am seeing is that after the observation and movement finishes, in other words you dismount or the other player dismounts, you need to be left/ported on the side where the dismount happened, but I don't see a reason why this cannot be done. There must be an argument as well where the game says something like "this is the main player so he needs to stay on this side of the mount and this is the one who's riding the players mount so he needs to stay here".

Well, you can "attach" objects at specific anchors at runtime. Sometimes that's how vehicles works. So in theory, technically it is possible. Don't know why you came out so hard :)

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

Actually one player can interact physically with another. Giving the example of the /"some emote"
commands ( /dance
/salute
). What this command is doing is if you and other player write the same command with the
symbol after the command in the same 1-3 seconds you can do the emote synchronized. This can be done with a lot of people. If we implement this option further we can have something like a player with interactable mount and synchronize the movement with another one. Other thing to think of is can one player remote other player and the answer is maybe. At dragon's bash festival we saw the moa race where you can observe the moas racing eachother, to look from their eyes, and when you finish you can just leave by simply click a button(unmount). So we have the option in the game for us to be synchronized with another player and to observe a movement of another object. As far as I know you can observe in PvP as well. The only barrier I am seeing is that after the observation and movement finishes, in other words you dismount or the other player dismounts, you need to be left/ported on the side where the dismount happened, but I don't see a reason why this cannot be done. There must be an argument as well where the game says something like "this is the main player so he needs to stay on this side of the mount and this is the one who's riding the players mount so he needs to stay here".

But running into another player won't make them move (exept fractals with Social Awkwardness instability. I think the barrier is just an movable object in game which can interract with others). The only things that can literally catch our characters and move them, are scripted situations, mobs and objects, like Pyrotorrick, Spider Queen (Story Mission, LS4 Ep. 4 in Sun's Refuge), Fire Tornados (Trio, Specimen Chamber).Yea, players can interract with others by using skills. 1. If they're enemies, 2. If they're downed allies (necro).If mounts were objects (controlled by players, like cars in GTA), possibility of creating mounts for 2 players could be much easier.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Ah, kitten, here we go again...

Actually one player can interact physically with another. Giving the example of the /"some emote"
commands ( /dance
/salute
). What this command is doing is if you and other player write the same command with the
symbol after the command in the same 1-3 seconds you can do the emote synchronized. This can be done with a lot of people. If we implement this option further we can have something like a player with interactable mount and synchronize the movement with another one. Other thing to think of is can one player remote other player and the answer is maybe. At dragon's bash festival we saw the moa race where you can observe the moas racing eachother, to look from their eyes, and when you finish you can just leave by simply click a button(unmount). So we have the option in the game for us to be synchronized with another player and to observe a movement of another object. As far as I know you can observe in PvP as well. The only barrier I am seeing is that after the observation and movement finishes, in other words you dismount or the other player dismounts, you need to be left/ported on the side where the dismount happened, but I don't see a reason why this cannot be done. There must be an argument as well where the game says something like "this is the main player so he needs to stay on this side of the mount and this is the one who's riding the players mount so he needs to stay here".

But running into another player won't make them move (exept fractals with Social Awkwardness instability. I think the barrier is just an movable object in game which can interract with others). The only things that can literally catch our characters and move them, are scripted situations, mobs and objects, like Pyrotorrick, Spider Queen (Story Mission, LS4 Ep. 4 in Sun's Refuge), Fire Tornados (Trio, Specimen Chamber).Yea, players can interract with others by using skills. 1. If they're enemies, 2. If they're downed allies (necro).If mounts were objects (controlled by players, like cars in GTA), possibility of creating mounts for 2 players could be much easier.

Just for fun, let's discuss this from an amateur point of view. The reason why collisions are avoided in open world is probably because the calculations would represent an increased latency (or something like that), and are discarded in most MMORPGS (hopefully it will eventually be a thing, as technology and connection quality improves), but they would also be terribly boring in most cases (imagine getting to a bank ;) ). Again, if you attach 2 objects at runtime, it will basically behave as one, controlled by the "master", where the second object gets locked in at a specific anchor and in a specific set of animations. So, what you see as 2 objects become indeed one for the duration of that "attachment". In theory, you could even piggyback another player, with the correct set of animation and poses.Again this is purely based on some "hobbie" experiences, and have no idea if that's how GW2 engine works, but again technically it should be perfectly possible. Useful, i don't know... More work then it would be worth, maybe... Fun, most definitely :)

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I know that there are reasons we don't have this but I wish we did. My kid's would love hopping onto my mount and riding with me!

So, my previous reply was removed and I was warned for being rude, although I can't fathom why. Anyway, I had merely suggested that if your kids would enjoy riding a mount with you, then perhaps you might look into Wizard101 which has this feature and is also quite kid friendly.

How that can be taken as rude is beyond me.

Maybe because you suggest to people to play other game. ;)

Not like people don't advocate for WoW or other games here, right?

I think what would make two-seater mounts interesting, is the ability for the second player to take actions from the back of the mount. So while player 1 controls the mount itself, player 2 could attack enemies. Perhaps there could even be a mount-skill for player 2 to hang on to player 1, to prevent them from being knocked off when the mount takes damage from control skills.

There is however an obvious issue with two-seater mounts, and that is that currently story progression is gated behind obtaining a particular mount. This is a deliberate design decision. You must own a specific mount to get to certain parts of the story, because those missions require the use of that mount.