ELE - STILL completely OP and broken

kittyfur.6459

Yeah, because spellbroken cannot do the same with stances, fc etc.For mender - > bring 2 big damage dealers (idk, rev+scourge), hit between dodges, try to land as many chills and immobilizes, and overall, yes its bunker, but if you know how to kite it shouldnt deal much damage to you.For fireweaver - > dodge fire, disengage when in earth 5, and just purge, compared to mender its healing potential is much lower, especially when 2v1.For FA - > just dodge and kill, loool

I'm not playing for like 2 months in sPvp (cause game is boring without new specs or new builds) but ele had (and still has now) 2 options for weaver:

1) Going "bunker" menders (more of sustain but whatever) and deals wet noodle dmg.

2) Going Sage and gets crazy condi bursts if the opponent is not aware of primordial stance + glyph. But this one has way less sustain. (still has some tho but less)

With build 2) I cannot imagine how I could be able to 1v3 and be able to cleave all 3. Unless the guy is godmode at kitting/chasing and the opponents are a bit terribad at it.But it's more a gameplay issue than a build issue.

Maybe I'm wrong eh !

@kittyfur.6459 said:So an ele can hold his own against 3 on a point. Almost indefinitely. GOD level heals, you cannot kill them, and despite that their damage output is pretty great. This is simply broken. when is this going to get fixed? This is ridiculous

Can't agree> @Axl.8924 said:

Basically its like world of warcraft all over. Q_Q loud enough and you get a change that might be unfair for a class but who cares about true balance right?

True balance like in an old school FPS can never be accomplished in an MMO because you have classes that means you have always something what the others don't have and when you really try hard you alienate people because you destroying those classes/builds ( yes I'm a victim of this too)

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@kittyfur.6459 said:So an ele can hold his own against 3 on a point. Almost indefinitely. GOD level heals, you cannot kill them, and despite that their damage output is pretty great. This is simply broken. when is this going to get fixed? This is ridiculous

Basically its like world of warcraft all over. Q_Q loud enough and you get a change that might be unfair for a class but who cares about true balance right?

True balance like in an old school FPS can never be accomplished in an MMO because you have classes that mean you have always something what the others don't have and when you really try hard you alienate people because you destroying those classes/builds ( yes I'm a victim of this too)

I knew this, which is why the Q_Q won't solve anything, especially since if we made everyone the same abilities weaknesses/strengths it would not be fun.

This game is at a loss well going back to Everquest which has also quite a lot of flaws, but at least it's balanced on PvE.

Come to think of it, maybe we should just have PVP and PvE be two different servers entirely, so we don't have to nerf with a sledgehammer Pve. I am sick of Pve being effected because of huge sweeping nerfs to PVP and WVW.

Having mechanical changes that affect WVW SPVP and PVE is too much, so, for instance, nerfing the mechanics of chronomancer because of SPVP might kill it in PvE, or the changes to scourge mechanics with shade which devastate it in PVE, but is needed for balancing WVW.

Ive not seen a weaver 1v3 a semi average team even more so if something that can take its boons is in the fightBurn damage is a bit too high yes but overall its not a 1v3 sustainer on a point.

I think you just must have made a mistake and ate passive burn procs instead of just kiting for a few moments.

@Axl.8924 said:

True balance like in an old school FPS can never be accomplished in an MMO because you have classes that mean you have always something what the others don't have and when you really try hard you alienate people because you destroying those classes/builds ( yes I'm a victim of this too)

I knew this, which is why the Q_Q won't solve anything, especially since if we made everyone the same abilities weaknesses/strengths it would not be fun.

This game is at a loss well going back to Everquest which has also quite a lot of flaws, but at least it's balanced on PvE.

Come to think of it, maybe we should just have PVP and PvE be two different servers entirely, so we don't have to nerf with a sledgehammer Pve. I am sick of Pve being effected because of huge sweeping nerfs to PVP and WVW.

Having mechanical changes that affect WVW SPVP and PVE is too much, so, for instance, nerfing the mechanics of chronomancer because of SPVP might kill it in PvE, or the changes to scourge mechanics with shade which devastate it in PVE, but is needed for balancing WVW.

Well my staff weaver got destroyed because of wvw reasons because they added a nasty mechanic which makes no sense in PvE even metabattle deleted the built now. (which was already outdated to be honest but still sad). Ele staff builds are a joke too in PvP . Chrono got completely destroyed in all game modes . Druid was nerfed unnecessary because its counter part chrono felt flat in PvE

Back to the topic a bit ele has the highest risk in this game because low health and for pvp/wvw the class has not stealth unlike mesmer and thief. Swordweaver get even further in PvE or better in fractals CMS this reflects in a unexpected way while back in the staff weaver day you always had some with you. It all about DH and reaper this days maybe dardevil. Eles are rare chrono never seen why? Because the amount of effort don't pay back and with this high risk built the chance that you and in a result your group wipe is too high. Basically you are punished for taking this built and this is true for PvP too.

Any durable ele has very little damage. Much the same as a scrapper, they will take forever to kill you. If they are 1v3ing, its only because of evades, which quickly run out.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseGWmUATUjTCA-jBipAB5pULLdAIqEUr9HqWbQ2KLAQ1k0UzgUA+NzC-eRun this build and you can sustain with eles. The pulsing symbols and torch 4 give you a ton of forgiveness to hitting at correct invervals. Ele only have condi cleanse in water, so any burning stacks that stick are incredibly strong.

seems like gold 2-

Until this point I could tank 3 ppl cuz yes, you're tanky but ppl mindless spam skills on you

like ok he just used soin of fate to dodge my gs f1 now i will bull rush and get a immune message cuz he has stability and im not watching his buff bar

That s the level of gameplay when a weaver tanks 3 ppl, and when all dodges are gone the ele just ride the lightining away and ppl come straight to forums

Weaver is very strong 1v1 and fire weaver is actually very resistant to a plus 1. If a competent thief pluses you the ele can just kite and survive almost all the time but if they choose not to kite without cds it’ll die. Rn weaver is very strong when played right because the best most classes can do in a plus is push it off node for a few secs unless you are plussing at the right time get lucky or play something with crazy damage which I think DA staff thief can fairly ezily.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Weaver is very strong 1v1 and fire weaver is actually very resistant to a plus 1. If a competent thief pluses you the ele can just kite and survive almost all the time but if they choose not to kite without cds it’ll die. Rn weaver is very strong when played right because the best most classes can do in a plus is push it off node for a few secs unless you are plussing at the right time get lucky or play something with crazy damage which I think DA staff thief can fairly ezily.

tru, weaver pushes people away from nodes, preety much wins most 1v1. 1v2 it can survive long enough to get to kite spots, and heal to full quickly, when im +1 against weaver all I can do is try to burst it down, preety much have to get lucky between dodges, still I like them waaay more then holo/warrior.dont play reaper or ele but from what I have seen in game reaper makes short work from weaver, mb we will see reapers to screw over weaver, weaver to screw over everyone everywhere, firebrand to win mid, thief + rev to roaming kinda comps? im always happy to see reaper good, thy punish monkeys that just spam evades well :D

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Bazsi.2734 said:Lol what the hell... Nerf ele posts are a thing again?

Yeah, Probably because no one knows how to play against one so they go full melee onto a fireweaver and wonder why they die to burning

I suspect it might be becouse gamemode revolves around capturing small objectives, thus forcing us to walk into the weavers, there are too many ways to force people off node and weaver does by existing, not sure if anything should be done about it but since weaver is strong already, and its main competition for side noding gets nerfed( warrior,holo,cmirage) the least devs could do is to be ready to drop quick patch if they become too strong.I would personally keep an eye out on weaver and firebrand. wouldnt be suprised if we were to see 3-4 of them in each team every game after the patch drops.