Pistol whip spam thieves

sata.6321

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:The cleanse and evade frames are the sole reasons pw is even played / somewhat viable.

The damage is pitiful, it has nothing on eles, sustained firebrands, etc. You're most likely a very casual pvp'er if you find the build problematic.

Yeah but it can be effective against bad players that want to be carried by their own broken spec and gw2 is full of ....... so this is the result :)

Anet should make a true OP thief build.

Steal oneshots you and takes 10 copper from your wallet.

Cleansing conditions applied by the thief apply additional condi instead.

Striking a thief has a base 25% chance for evade because we are just that agile.

PW thief OP? Erhm...can I suggest not standing in one spot with only one hand on your controls?

@saerni.2584 said:Anet should make a true OP thief build.

Striking a thief has a base 25% chance for evade because we are just that agile.

PW thief OP? Erhm...can I suggest not standing in one spot with only one hand on your controls?

I actually like this idea. Gw2 has pve and pvp but are totally separated maybe we can implement this somehow or at least in wvw

This! LolU forum whiners wanna talk about balance. Hit a scrapper 50 times and get him to 1/4 health, drops a turret and full heals and stuns u with hammer and downs thief in two hits while thief is stunned- balance! Let's whine about thief lmao

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Something is somewhat effective on thief resulting in some players dieing to a thief therefore resulting in nerf whines lolI really hope the balance dev's start to finally notice that listening to its community will literally just end up with thief being completely useless as that's the only way this community would stop crying about thief lol it's sad.

The problem doesn't come from effectiveness, but from how easy it is to spamm it. I rather have 1 super effective skill that can be used each 30-35 secs that a mediocre one which can be spamm while dazing and giving evades frames.

Its us such a easy skill to counter,its dps is no where near op and due to thief mechanics ALL its skill would have to be useless and ineffective or actually have more than one or two useful skills per weapon(as it is now) so spamming the few useful skills aren't required. Thief spams a skill or 2 at most each weapon set because they've all been nerfed from the whine's of this games ridiculously bias and sad community lolHonestly between the community and the devs lol this game sure is in great hands lol rogue's always get the most salt in mmo's but this community is something else, it's literally anything that somewhat works on thief must get nerfed in the communities eyes and the dev's are something else and actually listen lol

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:24k from rapid fire alone here on a nerco.... guess i'll continue to keep away from pvp trash mode till the next balance as it still dumb face roll gameplay

Necro to this day remains one of the most unfun classes to go against..especially core necro, being constantly loaded with disabiliting conditions on top of dmg ones...it's not fun and equally dumb. PvP has been trash mode since Dec 2014 with the Dhuum patch, ofc I don't expect a necro main to recognize that, no class is fun to fight in GW2...they all have highly unskilled mechanics...at least I can see past my own bias

This^Gw2 is all unskilled cheese builds these days and pvp is literally about out cheesing ur opponent. All the classes need massive reworks which wont happen anytime soon so enjoy lol. One mistake the devs made which the shoulda known better was to create counters than create counters to counters and so on lolSuch a mess.

Better try to lvl up your character in Blade and Soul , rather than wasting your time here :P

Oh I am lol got to lv 40 last night :)

GzNow because Blade and Soul its a 1v1 game , with its arenas , you should give your opinions there :PAnd not waste time here :P

Bdo not blade and soul lol plus I've been playing gw2 for half a decade and just started playing bdo so not really comfortable adding suggestions in their forums :)Plus still play a couple games each night or so for kicks.

You will do fine , in their forumsJust do the same as here , with bypolar answers :P

You should focus , on bdo much more to improve your skills

Well if ur having issues with pistol whip u as well definitely need to improve ur skills-in gw2 and a start would be practicing ur skills in gw2 instead of spending time whining or adding to the whining of every little skill that's annoying for u to face :)

Or Thief attracts casual players like you , that just spamms 1-2 skills , and think they are pro .Then Whine about Rifles Warrior hitting too hard , or Enginers stealth too much , or Mesmers should burst 25% of your HP from stealth , or blame the Devs for this mess powercreepTakes your main account with you too , and play some bdo :P

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This! LolU forum whiners wanna talk about balance. Hit a scrapper 50 times and get him to 1/4 health, drops a turret and full heals and stuns u with hammer and downs thief in two hits while thief is stunned- balance! Let's whine about thief lmao

Its your problem , if you cannot simply dodge''V''Or use evade -mobility skills

2 of the attacks does the damage om the hammer > 1 has huge leap/followup animations > then they have to wait for long cd afterwards...unlikly thiefs

What ?Are you going to say that they does aoe + offer evades frames + daze?Guess what Pistowhip does too ?:PIn matter of fact, guess from which class we got the HoT evasive Ele + PoF evasive Mesmer spec from :PAnd many ..many will come :P

Pfff ...

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Something is somewhat effective on thief resulting in some players dieing to a thief therefore resulting in nerf whines lolI really hope the balance dev's start to finally notice that listening to its community will literally just end up with thief being completely useless as that's the only way this community would stop crying about thief lol it's sad.

The problem doesn't come from effectiveness, but from how easy it is to spamm it. I rather have 1 super effective skill that can be used each 30-35 secs that a mediocre one which can be spamm while dazing and giving evades frames.

Its us such a easy skill to counter,its dps is no where near op and due to thief mechanics ALL its skill would have to be useless and ineffective or actually have more than one or two useful skills per weapon(as it is now) so spamming the few useful skills aren't required. Thief spams a skill or 2 at most each weapon set because they've all been nerfed from the whine's of this games ridiculously bias and sad community lolHonestly between the community and the devs lol this game sure is in great hands lol rogue's always get the most salt in mmo's but this community is something else, it's literally anything that somewhat works on thief must get nerfed in the communities eyes and the dev's are something else and actually listen lol

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:24k from rapid fire alone here on a nerco.... guess i'll continue to keep away from pvp trash mode till the next balance as it still dumb face roll gameplay

Necro to this day remains one of the most unfun classes to go against..especially core necro, being constantly loaded with disabiliting conditions on top of dmg ones...it's not fun and equally dumb. PvP has been trash mode since Dec 2014 with the Dhuum patch, ofc I don't expect a necro main to recognize that, no class is fun to fight in GW2...they all have highly unskilled mechanics...at least I can see past my own bias

This^Gw2 is all unskilled cheese builds these days and pvp is literally about out cheesing ur opponent. All the classes need massive reworks which wont happen anytime soon so enjoy lol. One mistake the devs made which the shoulda known better was to create counters than create counters to counters and so on lolSuch a mess.

Better try to lvl up your character in Blade and Soul , rather than wasting your time here :P

GzNow because Blade and Soul its a 1v1 game , with its arenas , you should give your opinions there :PAnd not waste time here :P

Bdo not blade and soul lol plus I've been playing gw2 for half a decade and just started playing bdo so not really comfortable adding suggestions in their forums :)Plus still play a couple games each night or so for kicks.

You will do fine , in their forumsJust do the same as here , with bypolar answers :P

Well if ur having issues with pistol whip u as well definitely need to improve ur skills-in gw2 and a start would be practicing ur skills in gw2 instead of spending time whining or adding to the whining of every little skill that's annoying for u to face :)

Or Thief attracts casual players like you , that just spamms 1-2 skills , and think they are pro .Then Whine about Rifles Warrior hitting too hard , or Enginers stealth too much , or Mesmers should burst 25% of your HP from stealth , or blame the Devs for this mess powercreepTakes your main account with you too , and play some bdo :P

2 of the attacks does the damage om the hammer > 1 has huge leap/followup animations > then they have to wait for long cd afterwards...unlikly thiefs

What ?Are you going to say that they does aoe + offer evades frames + daze?Guess what Pistowhip does too ?:PIn matter of fact, guess from which class we got the HoT evasive Ele + PoF evasive Mesmer spec from :PAnd many ..many will come :P

Pfff ...

Lol oh no u called me a casual. I played this game and thief for minimum of an hr or so each night for like 4 yrs strait so at this point I could care less what garbage u sling at me cuz now I'm a casual who doesn't play that much anymore lol. I dont play anymore cuz players like u who cant even deal with mediocre builds whine about every build that's a challenge or annoys u and runs to the forum to cry. PW has been around how long? Lmao now it's a problem cuz sind started playing it and some other thieves picked it up? So if sind played d/d next and other thieves started playing we'd see oh pls anet nerf d/d thief whaaaaaaaaa a few killed me so its OP whaaaaaaaaa the audacity of a thief who beats me in a fight whaaaaaaa op,op so OP.I swear u lemming are deserving of this garbage pile of a game lol doesnt even matter if a builds op on thief,along as thieves play it and a few people say it's good u guys flock to the forums to say how OP it is lmao.Hopefully sind makes another mediocre meme build and as thieves start playing it we will again see u whiners flock like lemmings duhhhh the builds op whaaaaaaa :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:I saw this "meme build" this weekend a lot and it took me like 2 fights (?) to know how to counter it.

1 first tip, take 2 steps to one direction and he do not hit you with his sword

I know this may not surprise u but that is asking too much of most of the players that play this game these days.

Player like this should have no access to balance discussions

I stopped watching Sind stream's 4-5 days ago cuz of this "Meme" build, watching him doing the same "boring" thing again and again.....not really entertaining.

So, maybe it's a meme build but it "Destroy" every "Good" players he face in PLAT2+, if you watch sind's stream, you know it ;)

You can say also, "yahhh, it's because it's Sind", yep, maybe the moves, the reactions but not 70% of time with this build when your playing a "conductor with a baton"

Evades, practically immune to condis, healing and high damages and thief's main still trying to fool the GW2 Community.........

Generally, every thief's sword Build is a low risk build those days.....

We goes from a 2-3 buttons thief's cancer build to a 1-2 button thief's cancer build....from better to better :+1: and thief's main defend this build lul, a little objectivity doesn't hurt ;)

From someone who play many classes and occasionally with DE or dagger/pistol thief.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:

You fight a thief who doesnt stow a single pistolwhip to bait ur dodges ? congrats looool, if he times ANY pw against a holo when hes using forge skills you cant avoid getting pw'd but hey, its ok pw is bad can we buff it

anyway its hilarious how some people say this build is shit and some people say its broken. who do we believe hm

@bluri.2653 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:

You fight a thief who doesnt stow a single pistolwhip to bait ur dodges ? congrats looool

Interesting.

@bluri.2653 said:Its a mediocre build, cant even dodge biggest tell in the game?? Its rated gold only leauge on metabattle

So, you're sending some mixed signals. In your opinion, is pistol whip easy to fight against or not?

"PW thief is bad""LOL you didn't even fight against a good one"

?? I'm on your side here.

Yes, he could've cancelled PW but the skill can be avoided even without dodges.

You fight a thief who doesnt stow a single pistolwhip to bait ur dodges ? congrats looool

Interesting.

@bluri.2653 said:Its a mediocre build, cant even dodge biggest tell in the game?? Its rated gold only leauge on metabattle

So, you're sending some mixed signals. In your opinion, is pistol whip easy to fight against or not?

I'm not sending any signals, I have no issues landing pistol whips as it is, feel free to watch my streams/youtube and see if it performs badly. I like this build its 10 times more enjoyable than playing core S/D. If i could i would play dp but its not on par with either build right now.

But you try showing some educational video of a absolute terrible thief and you get decapped even to some extent hella pressured, imagine fighting someone decent lol.

you can spin the camera/about face until the actual stun is done so you trying to sidestep/go behind does not work either and as i said you can stow as well - all about mindgames, and a good one would pistolwhip you while you are about to do a skill so you have no avoidance, does it mean you will land every PW? no of course not.

fyi this comment: Its a mediocre build, cant even dodge biggest tell in the game?? Its rated gold only leauge on metabattle is a full meme lmaobut as i have mentioned this build for me personally performs better both in AT's and ranked as it is for me, the only time i can feel useless as PW is if we fight a firebrand heavy comp but since I don't run firebrands myself S/D wouldn't perform better since we would straight out lose that anyway so PW does feel better, I can 2v2/3v3 better than I can with S/D cus of not needing as much CDS as i do with S/D, I can stay longer in fights due to the heavy evade frames from PW and let CD's recycle. oh and not to mention it allows me to 1v1 against pretty much anything but symbolbrands "kinda" i can still stalemate a weaver until i get +1'd

You can basically zone someone into pistolwhips when you fight for the node as well, move towards and pw/stow if needed to bait a dodge and then hit them with another pw, if you get good enough controlling camera/stowing you can pretty easily hit pw's

Do i think its bad? noDo i think its op compared to other builds? no

But yeah, I just find it incredibly funny to see how split the community is :) Some people say its trash and some say its OP.

Interesting.

I'm not sending any signals, I have no issues landing pistol whips as it is, feel free to watch my streams/youtube and see if it performs badly. I like this build its 10 times more enjoyable than playing core S/D. If i could i would play dp but its not on par with either build right now.

But you try showing some educational video of a absolute terrible thief and you get decapped even to some extent hella pressured, imagine fighting someone decent lol.

you can spin the camera/about face until the actual stun is done so you trying to sidestep/go behind does not work either and as i said you can stow as well - all about mindgames, and a good one would pistolwhip you while you are about to do a skill so you have no avoidance, does it mean you will land every PW? no of course not.

fyi this comment: Its a mediocre build, cant even dodge biggest tell in the game?? Its rated gold only leauge on metabattle is a full meme lmaobut as i have mentioned this build for me personally performs better both in AT's and ranked as it is for me, the only time i can feel useless as PW is if we fight a firebrand heavy comp but since I don't run firebrands myself S/D wouldn't perform better since we would straight out lose that anyway so PW does feel better, I can 2v2/3v3 better than I can with S/D cus of not needing as much CDS as i do with S/D, I can stay longer in fights due to the heavy evade frames from PW and let CD's recycle. oh and not to mention it allows me to 1v1 against pretty much anything but symbolbrands "kinda" i can still stalemate a weaver until i get +1'd

You can basically zone someone into pistolwhips when you fight for the node as well, move towards and pw/stow if needed to bait a dodge and then hit them with another pw, if you get good enough controlling camera/stowing you can pretty easily hit pw's

But yeah, I just find it incredibly funny to see how split the community is :) Some people say its trash and some say its OP.

I'm not saying it's trash but it's definitely not the strongest thief build. Anyways, I'm not trying to spend time arguing this. :)

Interesting.

I'm not saying it's trash but it's definitely not the strongest thief build. Anyways, I'm not trying to spend time arguing this. :)

Whats the strongest thief build according to you?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Pfff ...

Lol oh no u called me a casual. I played this game and thief for minimum of an hr or so each night for like 4 yrs strait so at this point I could care less what garbage u sling at me cuz now I'm a casual who doesn't play that much anymore lol. I dont play anymore cuz players like u who cant even deal with mediocre builds whine about every build that's a challenge or annoys u and runs to the forum to cry. PW has been around how long? Lmao now it's a problem cuz sind started playing it and some other thieves picked it up? So if sind played d/d next and other thieves started playing we'd see oh pls anet nerf d/d thief whaaaaaaaaa a few killed me so its OP whaaaaaaaaa the audacity of a thief who beats me in a fight whaaaaaaa op,op so OP.I swear u lemming are deserving of this garbage pile of a game lol doesnt even matter if a builds op on thief,along as thieves play it and a few people say it's good u guys flock to the forums to say how OP it is lmao.Hopefully sind makes another mediocre meme build and as thieves start playing it we will again see u whiners flock like lemmings duhhhh the builds op whaaaaaaa :)

Which is most casual ?When ones whinning about a spec that pressing 1-2 buttons , has Evasive + does aoe damage + Condition Removal while evadingOr some1 else who is whinning about Rifles F1 Warriors or too much Stealth Enginner ? IN A CONQUESTT !!!!!!The answer is the secondYou !

This is why after christmass , we must analyze your point of view :)

Interesting.

Whats the strongest thief build according to you?

D/D evade spam condi thief is invincible and can 1v5 easily in legend games.

! /s

Oh I honestly didn't read your long post past the first sentence until right now. Welp, as I said, I don't think the PW build is bad but I feel like the standard Deadly Arts Malice Deadeye build with Rifle/X is the best thief build. The massive initiative gain from double steals + malice means it can pump out a LOT more damage than other thief specs. Multiple Death's Judgments/Rifle 2 spam force defensive cooldowns very easily. Kneeling Rifle 2 immobilize spam is a very good utility tool to single out targets in team fights. Not to mention there's projectile denial through kneeling Rifle 4. The mobility and survivability are also pretty decent so it can push snowballs very well in ranked and ATs. Unlike S/P, Rifle allows you to deal significant damage from range so Firebrands aren't an issue anyways.

Hm. I don't really know how else to say this but yeah, I understand how to hit Pistol Whips lol. I mean aiming in this game is pretty easy compared to all of the shooters I play so (trust me? feels weird to say lol) I'm able turn to hit the PWs if they try to kite behind me basically every time. I also understand the timing for the stows and baits to land the stuns after dodges or how bait double/triple evades. That video was just an example for what the majority of the GW2 population would be going up against. AT finals against decent players are a bit different of course.

It's probably rated gold because the majority of players in this game don't really understand how to time their skills or do anything vaguely intelligent regarding mechanics. I've seen you play the build on stream once or twice and I think it's O.K.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@"saerni.2584" said:Anet should make a true OP thief build.

Pfff ...

Which is most casual ?When ones whinning about a spec that pressing 1-2 buttons , has Evasive + does aoe damage + Condition Removal while evadingOr some1 else who is whinning about Rifles F1 Warriors or too much Stealth Enginner ? IN A CONQUESTT !!!!!!The answer is the secondYou !I wonder why you spend your time on him?For someone who "quit" and spends 90% of his life on this forum actively spamming thief defense posts/whines... its too much, dont you think?