From the ‘update news’

Strider Pj.2193

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Svarty.8019" said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.

Zerglings get prioritized in most of WvW, otherwise the warclaw wouldn't be a thing to begin with. Besides, now the "gankers" won't be faster than you when you aren't in your team's territory.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:warclaw: no problem, until you are a ganker.

sb doing 15k maulmesmer doing their 17k out of stealththief: 12k vault, and all the long range out-of-stealth kitten

'it is fine'

FIX THE GAME ANET.

If you're getting hit by 15k mauls you need to l2p... that ranger build is so easy to counter it's not even worth mentioning. Mesmer and Thief I agree, stealth + burst dmg should not go hand in hand.

It is really disappointing that the world restructuring wasn't even mentioned . . .

@"Joshhh.2076" said:Ever get the feeling they added the Warclaw so they could spend a year fixing it and saying "look everyone, updates"?

This is what has always bothered me. I don't really care how the mount works. Buff it, nerf it, w/e, I'll adapt, it will be fine. But what was it introduced for . . ?

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:warclaw: no problem, until you are a ganker.

sb doing 15k maulmesmer doing their 17k out of stealththief: 12k vault, and all the long range out-of-stealth kitten

'it is fine'

FIX THE GAME ANET.

From the sound of it rebalancing is their primary focus atm . . ?

For WvW, the most important thing will obviously be the balance changes, Warclaw changes being the only entry under the WvW heading doesn't change that. World restructuring is probably still being worked on, I really doubt making some changes to the warclaw will slow that work down in any significant way, not sure where people get that idea.

@Blazing Rathalos.1904 said:For WvW, the most important thing will obviously be the balance changes, Warclaw changes being the only entry under the WvW heading soiesn't change that. World restructuring is probably still being worked on, I really doubt making some changes to the warclaw will slow that work down in any significant way, not sure where people get that idea.

While some may feel like the Warclaw changes will slow down Alliances development, I think the majority of us just would like some form of substantive update on alliances. It’s been a year since the last one, and even that one was more ‘we are still working on what we were working on’.

At best, alliances has been a casual mention in, and amongst, other announcements. And more like ‘we haven’t forgot about it’

@Svarty.8019 said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.Yeah, this. The only people mad about the warclaw are gankers who don't like that they actually have to put a little effort into preying on people now instead of just casually butchering them.

@Adzekul.3104 said:The good from this post (for WvW):

1. WvW power scaling / balance update.
  2. Dev resources available for, and wanting to work on competitive game mode balance.
  3. On-going communication.

The bad from this post (for WvW):

1. No mention of Alliances at all (sadface).
  2. Endless changes to Warclaw (angryface). This is now an endless project. Warclaw is fine. Please stop listening to the whiners on forums who do not even play WvW.

The worst - No effort to reduce server lag.

@aspirine.6852 said:Not just warclaw please. The damage scaling in WvW is wayyy to high to be fun right now.Let me just say Anet, it is not ok, never ever ok to be hit by something that does 18k+ damage. Bring it down, and delete cheese specs to make it more enjoyable please.

It does read PvP and WvW balance as well.

Hopefully it means a significant change to skills.

Balancing the game mode is a moot point at the moment when the population is in decline. After 7 years, nothing should need any type of balancing, the only thing coming down the pipe should be the gutting of the guardian class and removing all those skills that otherwise make someone impervious while they run away.

Scrap the balance, put all the focus and resources into alliances instead.

About the warclaw well I'm nearly out of wvw it is really absurd first the introduced the warclae then the reduced the endurance , then the jump distance , adding a CD, then for avoiding exploiting the jump hight , lately they added the speer for getting the people from the mount .

Now they want to nerf nearly non existent endure again. I get it for people who hate the mount it is a party but this is how Arena.NET brings people to be upset. The mount and endurance I don't see as a problem but what I see as a problem is how the mount can finish players no normal player would ask such a thing an no normal developer would add such a thing because its an balancing nightmare/ exploitable (other example is thiefs portal => adding troll mechanic)

So if someone ask me I would delete the finishing aspect , increase the dmg from the attack , remove the CD from the mount, and leave the rest as it is now.

@Blazing Rathalos.1904 said:For WvW, the most important thing will obviously be the balance changes, Warclaw changes being the only entry under the WvW heading doesn't change that. World restructuring is probably still being worked on, I really doubt making some changes to the warclaw will slow that work down in any significant way, not sure where people get that idea.

Because it will take up the solo intern's 30 minutes a week that they are permitted to work on wvw on Friday afternoon..

@"Svarty.8019" said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.

The warclaw basically gave everyone the mobility, evasiveness and immunity to CC that daredevil has, while not having to sacrifice anything within their own builds. Also, toning down evades will help people catch roamers and gankers in their own territory. That's a pretty big buff to "normal" people imo (normal is in quotes because literally everybody will gank given the opportunity).

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.Yeah, this. The only people mad about the warclaw are gankers who don't like that they actually have to put a little effort into preying on people now instead of just casually butchering them.

The only people happy about the warclaw are gank groups who like that they don't have to put any effort into running down solo players that are stuck in combat instead of that person actually having a chance to get away.