New XPAC anounced - Cantha teased! - New Elite Spec?

lLobo.7960

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 elements maybe, the 5th element linking to the others. For example fields dropped in it could turn into fields of your next element.Also the 5th element could have separate cooldown from the existing 4. So you could Fire -> 5th element -> Air -> 5th element etc. smoothly

5th element could maybe be light, dark or ethereal.

I'd like a new spec that makes use of the weapon swap mechanics better. For example, being able to swap between a Short Bow and Staff in combat.

Another idea is to create a spec centralized on mobility. Ele used to be the king of mobility, even officially said so by ANet. I want to see more teleport and glass cannon builds that rely on good kiting and teleportations to avoid damage.

The Heal Ele meme has been going on long enough.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:My elite spec concept is is the spellslinger. Gain access to longbow. All.weapon cooldowns are reduced by 30% but all attunements gain an 18s cooldown.

this would ruin the ele class for me :/

i like attunement play .. wish we would remove weaver ( i hate all of its concept ) and reduce base attunement cooldown to 5 seconds :D

A proper ranged spec would be really good. Staff is love, but it is not enough. It all depends if anet wants to preserve the class roles that had been given before expansions. If yes, ele can get an aoe mage type of an elite spec. If not, I think a single target ranged weapon will be the thing. Or they can go crazy and let eles focus on a fewer number of elements with more power but dont think so.

If we push it we can say that a ranged class has the highest percentage as they buffed the elements in this patch. But all these are far fetched speculations :)

Here's my top three:

• Skyfire: Based on tengu culture. Wields a longbow and excels at ranged attacks.
  • Dervish: Same as GW1, except they went back to worship the elements. Wields a polearm (new weapon type), and uses mantras.
  • Chaplain: Based on dwarf culture. Wields maces in both hands, and has a viable healer role.

@steki.1478 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:Tank DPS or Ranged DPS.

Just don't make it 1000 Healing Power reliant.

That's how ele tanks, healing power (core) and evades (weaver). The other possibility is through damage reduction, but earth already does that very poorly and tempest has a bit of that as well. Tank is not really an option.

Actually, the idea of maintining damage reducing buffs or some sort of play around that seems more fun than; Water -> Heal -> Go on.

Guess Ranged it is... though melee is needed, like tranformation or F skills.

@Sunshine.5014 said:I'd like a new spec that makes use of the weapon swap mechanics better. For example, being able to swap between a Short Bow and Staff in combat.

Another idea is to create a spec centralized on mobility. Ele used to be the king of mobility, even officially said so by ANet. [...]

@Waisenpai.6028 said::) Anything that's two handed like Great Sword, Hammer, Long bow, Shortbow or Rifle. Something with mobility decent mid range single target burst and can short range aoe cleave. MUMHAHA! Give us an elite skil with 48-60 seconds cool down please.

@"alain.1659" said:A proper ranged spec would be really good. Staff is love, but it is not enough. It all depends if anet wants to preserve the class roles that had been given before expansions. If yes, ele can get an aoe mage type of an elite spec. If not, I think a single target ranged weapon will be the thing. Or they can go crazy and let eles focus on a fewer number of elements with more power but dont think so.

Agree with all of those.The idea I threw around a while back was focusing on those.Have a look HERE. Maybe comment on it to build up a discussion.

The idea is to remove attunements giving unique skills (so no more 20 skills per weapon) but keep the attunements as fight styles, where attunements give you bonuses and special effects to your skills (like glyph of elemental power or arcane power skills). In exchange you can weapon swap in combat.Instead of getting one new weapon with 20 new skills, you get a Longbow with only 5 new skills, but new skills to each old weapon (to a total of 20 new skills). And old weapons play differently with a martial arts style (Staff plays similar to daredevil staff, scepter similar to guardian mace, dagger similar to thief or spellbreaker daggers, focus similar to engi shield), with the Longbow being a long-range (up to 1500) single target weapon.Utility skills focusing on mobility and control (leaps, knockbacks, stuns, freezes, etc).And since attunements become just bonuses (instead of a set of skills) the spec would give you the opportunity to mix attunements, being attuned to 2 or more (with the elite skill) at the same time. The downside of attuning to multiple attunements is that they all go on CD together...

I'd like rifle a bit as the Engi or war, or mace/axe of revenant : midrange (900-600) with some melee skills (480-130) to block, knocback ...Scepter is fine ... with weaver ... otherwise it lacks "multi-target", damage or just instant skills. Fire #2 #3 water #2 ... all skills that do dmg are just too long or too obvious to cast/hit and not usable without focus' CC/chilled .... or just not available for core/tempest.Staff and scepter have been nerfed, with balance attempts, almost only because of weaver (remember the 44k benchmark staff weaver)

But alternatively it's true the only melee weapon will be Dagger. A new set of two weapons; mace/mace, axe/axe ... would be cool too.

A shaman

1. totems
  2. Imbued elemental forms
  3. More connected to tyria in some form, perhaps nomadic and having more to do oddly enough in theme with native americans
  4. Could have a frenzy mechanics?
  5. Duel wields axes and is a martial sort of variant, but its weapon skills can be used at long range.

Very basic but something like this, perhaps their utilities could be glyphs or even an up-keep mechanic with their frenzy. The more frenzy they have the more power they draw in.