The legendary amulet was a mistake

Psybehr.2518

@Brujeria.7536 said:The legendary armulett per se is not, its the implementation.

You need to have 120 ranked wins. Why wins and not games? Why is the number so high? Why exactly does it have to be ranked at all?

Compare this to how carefree it is to get the WvW one. You just need to play, steady progress, no questions asked.

Dont get me started on the tournament wins.

Its just a cheap try to artificially getting PvP numbers higher.

Why play the game and put in effort right? Just mindlessly play unranked for a day. That way everyone can get it and the word legendary would not mean a thing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

1. legendary doesnt mean a thing already
  2. Its kinda unfair that the pvp-community can get an legendary amulet, while wvw only gets a ring...

2 rings.

You can use the ring with and without animation at the same time.

rings are still not comparable to amulets. What if i want to change my enrichment without wasting tons of materials? I cant do that as wvw play

@Virdo.1540 said:

2. Its kinda unfair that the pvp-community can get an legendary amulet, while wvw only gets a ring...

2 rings.

rings are still not comparable to amulets. What if i want to change my enrichment without wasting tons of materials? I cant do that as wvw play

Well true. I have a perm extractor. I always forget how annoying it must be without one.

@Virdo.1540 said:

2 rings.

this is why we are not allowed to have nice things.pvp gets something nice and insta wvw plebs complainim running with 3 different necklaces* and not complaining.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

2 rings.

this is why we are not allowed to have nice things.pvp gets something nice and insta wvw plebs complainim running with 3 different necklaces* and not complaining.

they just make an amulet for pvp only to bring back some players. But wvw-players that dont like pvp will prob never get one and thats kinda unfair

@Virdo.1540 said:

2 rings.

Not sure I understand what you're saying, but all it takes to remove an enrichment from an amulet is an Infusion Extractor, which costs 24 silver (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device).

Ascended Amulets are also pretty much free in Bjora Marches because you can buy them with eternal ice + Karma once you've unlocked the vendor, so if you want to have multiple amulets for a single character, it has never been so easy.

120 season wins is alot. The problem is, when you get better, your que starts getting longer and longer. Eventually, mmr will start forcing 50 50 win ratio when you are in your true skill rating. I am not very good, but i am getting 5 minutes ques with a 50 50 win ratio because i am at my true skill level. This leads to 1 win every 20 to 30 minutes. So current projection says completing t1 ring will take 60 hours of pvp, where 30 to 40% is just waiting in the que.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:120 season wins is alot. The problem is, when you get better, your que starts getting longer and longer. Eventually, mmr will start forcing 50 50 win ratio when you are in your true skill rating. I am not very good, but i am getting 5 minutes ques with a 50 50 win ratio because i am at my true skill level. This leads to 1 win every 20 to 30 minutes. So current projection says completing t1 ring will take 60 hours of pvp, where 30 to 40% is just waiting in the que.

TLDRI dont like pvp, but I subject myself to 60hours of it to get item.

If you dont like pvp dont do it, its for players that enjoy pvp to have something shiny for it, Im not complaining that I cant get raid armor or accesories.

I'm up for any optional content that draws pve players into pvp. Maybe some of them will find pvp enjoyable and hang out.

I'm not reading this whole thread because I'm assuming its 5 flavors of whine but:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:they just make an amulet for pvp only to bring back some players. But wvw-players that dont like pvp will prob never get one and thats kinda unfairbackwards thinking

Agreed with Leonidrex here.

I dont like WvW and I still dont have the warclaw, but I have resigned myself to knowing that if I want the warclaw I will at some point need to WvW.

@"Drennon.7190" said:I’m all for new people trying PvP, but this is getting ridiculous.

People with zero concept of rotation, spamming team chat “fIgHt On PoInT!!” while they mindlessly die to AoE.

I watched people who play like bots call Chaith a “useless engineer” while they slam their face into mid for their amulet.

And yet some of those people may git good and trash you on the arena floor in a couple months, so maybe don't be upset we have new players.

We just has a topic about "why top 20 never change wryyyyy".

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:120 season wins is alot. The problem is, when you get better, your que starts getting longer and longer. Eventually, mmr will start forcing 50 50 win ratio when you are in your true skill rating. I am not very good, but i am getting 5 minutes ques with a 50 50 win ratio because i am at my true skill level. This leads to 1 win every 20 to 30 minutes. So current projection says completing t1 ring will take 60 hours of pvp, where 30 to 40% is just waiting in the que.

TLDRI dont like pvp, but I subject myself to 60hours of it to get item.

If you dont like pvp dont do it, its for players that enjoy pvp to have something shiny for it, Im not complaining that I cant get raid armor or accesories.

Or you can not read. The complaint is there is alot of time waiting in the que. Not the joy of pvp or not. Compare this to the wvw ring, took me 10 hours to complete and I was never waiting in the spawn for 5 minutes at a time. Even if theoretically all maps were at cap, you can get progress by going to eotm. No waiting in the que.You brought up raid armor and ring, yes i have probably spent more than 60 hours to get each, but it did not feel that long because if you wipe, you are not waiting 5 minutes for the next pull attempt. The closest is when someone leaves, and you sit in lfg for a while. If that was every pull, raiding would be long dead. No waiting in the que.I dont think pvping for 60 hour is that bad, but spending 15 to 20 hours of that just waiting is.

@Drennon.7190 said:I’m all for new people trying PvP, but this is getting ridiculous.

People with zero concept of rotation, spamming team chat “fIgHt On PoInT!!” while they mindlessly die to AoE.

I watched people who play like bots call Chaith a “useless engineer” while they slam their face into mid for their amulet.

more people coming into the game mode is a good thing. you learn by failing. play more because you are bad is how you get better. i hope they continue to pvp long after they get their amulet. you gotta be a weird guy to be mad that there is an influx of new players. the game will die without an influx of new players. whether they are here for fun or the pvp amulet, it's always a good thing.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Drennon.7190 said:I’m all for new people trying PvP, but this is getting ridiculous.

more people coming into the game mode is a good thing. you learn by failing. play more because you are bad is how you get better. i hope they continue to pvp long after they get their amulet. you gotta be a weird guy to be mad that there is an influx of new players. the game will die without an influx of new players. whether they are here for fun or the pvp amulet, it's always a good thing.

Did you even read what I said? I’m not mad about new people coming in. I’m bothered by their attitudes that they’re bringing with them.

@Drennon.7190 said:

Did you even read what I said? I’m not mad about new people coming in. I’m bothered by their attitudes that they’re bringing with them.

yeah, I read it. you're complaining about new players being new, doing things that new players do.

We should actually increase the needed ranked wins. Pvp is not Pve were you get everything with a happy smile and stupid grinding.It's a challenge, like everything in pvp if you don't want to do it, than don't do it.If you want it, do it and stop crying.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Classic PVP community being toxic as hell, providing no tips and then complaining.

Bunch of insecure children, we get it, you're good at a dead aspect of GW2 and god forbid someone else get decent at it cause where would that leave you? Maybe don't be a kitten about it and more people will come to PVP and it will actually get some DEV attention.

(Edited I guess?)

And we are suppose to allow PVE people to whine and buy their wins like spoiled rich kids?

Okay Jim, back to the office.

thats what they do for pve, just look at raids, always someone selling achievements. these people want to pay and get it, who needs effort xdjust farm silverwastes all day every day and pay for all leggies achis,

And that's why they barely know what a combo field is. ? When I can do 30k on a stupid strike boss consistently and I'm seeing people type Soulbeast sucks when they're doing 7k damage, you know something is wrong in the PVE community.

Buying things =/= Skill ever and I can't believe people even condone that because PvP is suffering. I rather let it get trashed than having to deal with people that will be gone in literally less than 4 weeks. I rather put effort into the guy that was interested in PvP before they even put this dumb reward out.