Do ppl remember?

RedAvenged.5217

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gw2 is the only game I've played where the assassin class has thee lowest damage on the majority of its skill. The class has to resort to weak ass backstabs and lame 300 damage autos against today's super sustain classes. Defenitly not the burst class u want to take down the opositions tank lmao.The team tried but their lowering build deversity AND class deversity at the same time, hope they fix it.Best thing is there are still thief haters going around saying their op still laughing quietly going they stay in this sad asf state.

...> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

Gw2 is the only game I've played where the assassin class has thee lowest damage on the majority of its skill. The class has to resort to weak kitten backstabs and lame 300 damage autos against today's super sustain classes. Defenitly not the burst class u want to take down the opositions tank lmao.The team tried but their lowering build deversity AND class deversity at the same time, hope they fix it.Best thing is there are still thief haters going around saying their op still laughing quietly going they stay in this sad asf state.

i guess u arent playing any competitive game, any character with high mobility and high exist ability does little damage, specially assassin class are supposed to poke damage and only go in to shut down low HP target when played at equal level and never go toe to toe against a tank or brawler and fights are often initiated by tanks/brawler and often brawler does a ton more damage if you go toe to toe. there's no such thing as "burst class".

I think you mismatched competitive games with some PvE player role playing game where you slash NPCs, where tanks does no damage and dps does all the damage.see, thief still manages to be meta when other classes are overtuned, like it has always been doing.mobility>damage=tankiness.

or if you simply prefer brawling over roaming, switch class, who plays only one class in a competitive team based game?

@"Tayga.3192" said:I guessed every meta build correctly except for thief lol

Here

No you were not fully wrong. Despite what op claims an information is missing. Time period :). This was dropped later (after most people posted their concerns):https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97627/balance-update-update-pvpEdit : And yes the current meta makes it hard for thief to do anything on its own. It needs to be paired with a rev (then oh boy…) or it is mostly on decap duty (as far as I have seen in my games).

@Lighter.5631 said:...> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

Gw2 is the only game I've played where the assassin class has thee lowest damage on the majority of its skill. The class has to resort to weak kitten backstabs and lame 300 damage autos against today's super sustain classes. Defenitly not the burst class u want to take down the opositions tank lmao.The team tried but their lowering build deversity AND class deversity at the same time, hope they fix it.Best thing is there are still thief haters going around saying their op still laughing quietly going they stay in this sad asf state.

i guess u arent playing any competitive game, any character with high mobility and high exist ability does little damage, specially assassin class are supposed to poke damage and only go in to shut down low HP target when played at equal level and never go toe to toe against a tank or brawler and fights are often initiated by tanks/brawler and often brawler does a ton more damage if you go toe to toe. there's no such thing as "burst class".

Except for Mobas, where they do a lot of damage. And other MMOs, where they do a lot of damage. And shooters, where they can usually oneshot. And PvP games that dont fall into any of these categories (stuff like Gigantic), where they do a lot of damage. Actually, now that I think about it, I cant thing of a single competitive game where they do little damage.

I think you mismatched competitive games with some PvE player role playing game where you slash NPCs, where tanks does no damage and dps does all the damage.see, thief still manages to be meta when other classes are overtuned, like it has always been doing.mobility>damage=tankiness.

Its meta, yes, but not as an assassin. Its meta as an errand boy. Someone who runs around the map, and stands on points.

or if you simply prefer brawling over roaming, switch class, who plays only one class in a competitive team based game?

Some people want to play thief as what it was originally supposed to be. A deadly duelist. Its even in their description.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Except for Mobas, where they do a lot of damage. And other MMOs, where they do a lot of damage. And shooters, where they can usually oneshot. And PvP games that dont fall into any of these categories (stuff like Gigantic), where they do a lot of damage. Actually, now that I think about it, I cant thing of a
single
competitive game where they do little damage.

Its meta, yes, but not as an assassin. Its meta as an errand boy. Someone who runs around the map, and stands on points.

Some people want to play thief as what it was originally supposed to be. A deadly duelist. Its even in their description.

So, you're mad because a THIEF who specializes in stealth, agility, sneak-attacks, etc., can't 1v1 face-tank a tank spec, then? EVERY description of EVERY class makes them seem like they would wipe the floor 1v5 against any other classes. That's not how class descriptions work. XD

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Gw2 is the only game I've played where the assassin class has thee lowest damage on the majority of its skill. The class has to resort to weak kitten backstabs and lame 300 damage autos against today's super sustain classes. Defenitly not the burst class u want to take down the opositions tank lmao.The team tried but their lowering build deversity AND class deversity at the same time, hope they fix it.Best thing is there are still thief haters going around saying their op still laughing quietly going they stay in this sad asf state.

thief is not an assassin

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Gw2 is the only game I've played where the assassin class has thee lowest damage on the majority of its skill. The class has to resort to weak kitten backstabs and lame 300 damage autos against today's super sustain classes. Defenitly not the burst class u want to take down the opositions tank lmao.The team tried but their lowering build deversity AND class deversity at the same time, hope they fix it.Best thing is there are still thief haters going around saying their op still laughing quietly going they stay in this sad asf state.

thief is not an assassin

Haha sure it isnt and almost all its traits don't picture pop culture ninjas nor do most of thiefs utilities copy pop culture ninja tools like poison daggers, smoke screen/blinding powder aka paper smoke bomb, caltrops etc etc. Lastly their not stealthy like a assassin either right?Assassin signet,hidden killer lol assassin nope.If they give thief a assassin spec how different could it be?

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

Except for Mobas, where they do a lot of damage. And other MMOs, where they do a lot of damage. And shooters, where they can usually oneshot. And PvP games that dont fall into any of these categories (stuff like Gigantic), where they do a lot of damage. Actually, now that I think about it, I cant thing of a
single

So, you're mad because a THIEF who specializes in stealth, agility, sneak-attacks, etc., can't 1v1 face-tank a tank spec, then? EVERY description of EVERY class makes them seem like they would wipe the floor 1v5 against any other classes. That's not how class descriptions work. XD

Its not supposed to face-tank it. But its supposed to be good at 1v1ing, instead of its current state where its the worst profession at 1v1ing. Hence "Deady Duelist". Instead theyre just errand boys who pretty much never duel because its the wrong thing to do.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

single

Its not supposed to face-tank it. But its supposed to be good at 1v1ing, instead of its current state where its the
worst
profession at 1v1ing. Hence "Deady
Duelist
". Instead theyre just errand boys who pretty much never duel because its the wrong thing to do.

You're missing the point. You legit are using the lore description as an indicator of playstyle, and I think that's just a lil silly. ;)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

thief is not an assassin

Its supposed to be the spiritual successor to GW1s Assassin class. Hence why their entire aesthetic is Assassin, and why they have several of the assassins GW1 skills available to them. It is an assassin, or at least is supposed to be.

single

Its not supposed to face-tank it. But its supposed to be good at 1v1ing, instead of its current state where its the
worst
Duelist
". Instead theyre just errand boys who pretty much never duel because its the wrong thing to do.

You're missing the point. You legit are using the lore description as an indicator of playstyle, and I think that's just a lil silly. ;)

You are missing the point, because those descriptions (which arent lore descriptions btw) are supposed to be indicators for playstyle. Theyre small blurbs for newbies to figure out what class they want to go for. In other words, indicating playstyle is exactly the point of them.

Besides, thief used to be a deadly duelist, they just lost that over time and ended up as the worst duelists they are now.

Thief is supposed to be a high evasive mobile BURST spec but it no longer has viable bursts which is my only issue. I am not saying thief should be a duelist 1v1ing and winning sustained fights I'm saying if thief gets a jump on someone and gets thier burst rotations off it should be among the highest burst in the game not lowest lmao, this team man will ruin this game. It's fine if thiefs burst and follow up fail and the thief has to disengage but its burst should be high enough for its follow up to down classes or its left to just avoid fights and just decap and if so that is a fail in balance as even the most mobile class should not just be viable at running. Thief should be a get in and get out or die class but the get in part needs to be impactful and it is not now as it is. Pretty pathetic.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

single

worst
Duelist

You
are missing the point, because those descriptions (which arent lore descriptions btw)
are
supposed to be indicators for playstyle. Theyre small blurbs for newbies to figure out what class they want to go for. In other words, indicating playstyle is exactly
the point of them

Besides, thief used to be a deadly duelist, they just lost that over time and ended up as the worst duelists they are now.

Cool. I play necro. According to my LORE description, I should just be able to wish you dead.

See why that's ridiculous? Don't be mad because you're wrong. Those "blurbs" aren't meant to be literal descriptions of playstyle. Rage all you want about it.

single

worst
Duelist

You
are missing the point, because those descriptions (which arent lore descriptions btw)
are
supposed to be indicators for playstyle. Theyre small blurbs for newbies to figure out what class they want to go for. In other words, indicating playstyle is exactly
the point of them

Cool. I play necro. According to my LORE description, I should just be able to wish you dead.

See why that's ridiculous? Don't be mad because you're wrong. Those "blurbs" aren't meant to be literal descriptions of playstyle. Rage all you want about it.

I just explained that theyre not lore. Allow me to quote Necromancers blurb to you. "Practitioners of the dark arts, necromancers summon the dead, wield the power of lost souls, and literally suck the life force from the enemy. Necromancers feed on life force, which they can use to bring allies back from the brink or cheat death itself.". Now, does that sound like something Necromancer does? Actually, yes, it sounds exactly like what Necromancer does. Because that is the point of these blurbs. They describe the class and its playstyles in as few words as possible.

So no, the only thing I see is that you continue to miss the point, and fail to see that you are wrong and that the blurbs in fact very much so are meant to be literal descriptions of playstyle.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

single

worst
Duelist

You
are
the point of them

ok, go back to wts and ask yourself if you see thief being played as a duelist.

@Quadox.7834 said:

single

worst
Duelist

You
are
the point of them

ok, go back to wts and ask yourself if you see thief being played as a duelist.

That is the problem. Thief was supposed to be a duelist, but they lost that years ago. And some people are unhappy with it.