Loot

conk.4260

Anyone fed up with the awful loot that gw2 has ??ice been playing for a few years but It all seems to be unidentified gear or bags I miss the excitement of finding a rare drop but it seems gw2 does not have this even in the meta events it kind of kills my motivation to play the game.

• Like 1

I guess you have all the infusions then?

Raid related Infusions

 Ghostly Infusion - Loot from Gorseval the Multifarious, or purchased from Scholar Glenna after having defeated Gorseval at least once. Peerless Infusion - Found in  Raid Coffer.png Qadim the Peerless's Coffer,  Djinn Energy Cluster.png Djinn Energy Cluster and sold by Scholar Glenna for  Gaeting Crystal.png Gaeting Crystals.

Open World PvE related InfusionsChak Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Chak Egg SacLiquid Aurillium Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Vial of Liquid Aurillium Queen Bee Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge using a Preserved Queen BeeFestive Confetti Infusion - Chance from killing Choya PinataCrystal Infusion - Chance from defeating Death-Branded Shatterer  Heart of the Khan-Ur - Super Rare Drop from  "Recovered" Charr Artifact.png "Recovered" Charr Artifact

Festival related Infusions

 Ember Infusion - Loot from  Trick-or-Treat Bag.png Trick-or-Treat Bags. Phospholuminescent Infusion - Loot from  Trick-or-Treat Bag.png Trick-or-Treat Bags.Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion - Loot from  Trick-or-Treat Bag.png Trick-or-Treat Bags.     Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Gray).png Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Gray)     Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Purple).png Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Purple)     Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red).png Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red)Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion - Crafted in the Mystic Forge with their respective Refractor.     Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor (Teal).png Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion (Teal)     Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor (Black).png Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion (Black)     Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor (Green).png Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion (Green)     Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor (Orange).png Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion (Orange) Winter's Heart Infusion - Loot from  Wintersday Gift.png Wintersday Gifts.

Snow Diamond Infusion - Loot from  Wintersday Gift.png Wintersday Gifts.Toy-Shell Infusion - Loot from  Wintersday Gift.png Wintersday Gifts. Bauble.png Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Blue - Complete The Storm Wizard collection. Bauble.png Moto's Unstable Bauble Infusion: Red - Complete The King Toad or The Crimson Assassin collection.

Fractal related Infusions

  Celestial Infusion (Blue) - Loot from completing Shattered Observatory Fractal challenge mote or as a chance from Fractal Master's Chest. Celestial Infusion (Red) - Obtained from Celestial Infusion Chest from BLING-9009.

Crafting related Infusions

Mystic Infusion - Chance from the Mystic Forge using 1 Ectoplasmic Stone + 3 armor or weapon (Rare or Exotic) [verification requested]

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

If thats not what your going for then do the rare drop from world bosses and meta events for

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

All seeing, Sam and Pendant of Arah being the high value ones.

@Linken.6345 said:I guess you have all the infusions then?

he said rare loot drops, not impossible loot drops (for most of the players) there is some player who did choya pinata after coin event to get infusion since the game released. everytime but he or she never got the infusion, he or she bought it when it was on the trading post. i don't see this as Rare loot.i try sometimes those events for expensive drops but i never get one. so i understand the one that created this topic.

my loot is fine, aslong it's not black lion chest related, never get something nice from it. /cry

@titje.2745 said:

he said rare loot drops, not impossible loot drops (for most of the players) there is some player who did choya pinata after coin event to get infusion since the game released. everytime but he or she never got the infusion, he or she bought it when it was on the trading post. i don't see this as Rare loot.i try sometimes those events for expensive drops but i never get one. so i understand the one that created this topic.

my loot is fine, aslong it's not black lion chest related, never get something nice from it. /cry

That's the definition of rare though, rare means not everyone will get that drop. As for the OP, you have to identify those UNID drops in order to find out if you get a rare weapon or armor piece.

@titje.2745 said:

Except for the times when you have posted that you did get something you desired from it.

Albeit, not often, but that's many players. It's just RNG.

On topic: If these 'rare' drops were more common, they would not be rare; they would be common, or, at least, a lot more common.

You can open all your Champion Bags on a mid-level character and use the extra Gold to purchase items you desire. This will not except you from acquiring any rarer items from those bag.As above, identify your UNID gear, if you want the possibility of acquiring a rare item.

Good luck.

Aside from the above mentioned infusions- more Interesting loot is out there, pof added heaps of rare minis, music boxes, heck even forged weapons, the named sun spear weapons, named warbeast armor and warbeast recipes were rare and valuable at pof launch. Hot had it in things like dandy bluster, the Mordrem weapons (sword was 300+ gold until added to other sources and a neat skin). To my knowledge, all of the ls4 episodes have rare drops - eye of argon, sunscythe, the dwarves weapons, some of the Icebrood saga armor pieces etc.

But here’s the thing- much of the rare loot comes from stuff more likely to be completed by “explorer” types. Bounties, the highlands treasure hunt, opening random chests you find, different events around the maps. The “optimized” meta farm trains never do these things and thus just get champ bags and unids. They’re often designed to maximize bags and anything in them can’t stay valuable or rare for long due to the sheer amount of bags that will be opened. Or the things have to be either infusion-rare or account bound ( like teq or aurene weapon chest).

What i do wish was better communicated for the general players sake is how/where to get the rarer stuff. I guess scouring the wiki and tp together works, but would be nicer in game somehow. Maybe a recurring rare treasure hunter npc who pops up in maps and says “hey, I’m here because I’ve gotten reports of X, keep your eyes open for it”. At least you would know what is out there.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

That's the definition of rare though, rare means not everyone will get that drop. As for the OP, you have to identify those UNID drops in order to find out if you get a rare weapon or armor piece.

it could still be rare, but obtainable for players who want it. I feel for those who want a Khan Ur infusion. So rare you cant even buy it on the trading post for max gold.

Hes right, theres a rarity above rare, and its set aside for infusions and items like the Khan Ur helmet. i personally dont think thats right, if you really desire an item you should be able to farm it eventually, thats not the case in this game where items get so expensive you cant purchase them, or are so rare they drop maybe once a year(for one player out of hundreds of thousands).

Its sad that these items get sold on outside auction houses because of the rarity.

You seem to contradict yourself?

@Dante.1763 said:Hes right, theres a rarity above rare, and its set aside for infusions and items like the Khan Ur helmet. i personally dont think thats right, if you really desire an item you should be able to farm it eventually, thats not the case in this game where items get so expensive you cant purchase themthen...I feel for those who want a Khan Ur infusion. So rare you can even buy it on the trading post for max gold.So players can farm for it eventually. They just need to have a lot of gold.

@kharmin.7683 said:You seem to contradict yourself?

@Dante.1763 said:Hes right, theres a rarity above rare, and its set aside for infusions and items like the Khan Ur helmet. i personally dont think thats right, if you really desire an item you should be able to farm it eventually, thats not the case in this game where items get so expensive you cant purchase themthen...I feel for those who want a Khan Ur infusion. So rare you can even buy it on the trading post for max gold.So players can farm for it eventually. They just need to have a lot of gold.

Was supposed to say cant. i forgot a letter, edited now.

@conk.4260 said:Anyone fed up with the awful loot that gw2 has ??ice been playing for a few years but It all seems to be unidentified gear or bags

Well to make it worth more consider identifying the loot. They do some of the loot so it will stack and not take up your inventory like it used to . In GW1 we had to pay for ID kits. you may get lucky and ID a good drop who knows.

you think its acceptable that to get these impossible drops, people.need to trade outside of the TP? Where anet offers no protections that you'll get what you trade for?

No, its crazy, that drops are so rare they arent even sold on the TP. No drop should be that rare. Increasing the drop rate juste enough that its now sold on the TP, doesn't suddenly make it common

@thehipone.6812 said:Aside from the above mentioned infusions- more Interesting loot is out there, pof added heaps of rare minis, music boxes, heck even forged weapons, the named sun spear weapons, named warbeast armor and warbeast recipes were rare and valuable at pof launch. Hot had it in things like dandy bluster, the Mordrem weapons (sword was 300+ gold until added to other sources and a neat skin). To my knowledge, all of the ls4 episodes have rare drops - eye of argon, sunscythe, the dwarves weapons, some of the Icebrood saga armor pieces etc.

But here’s the thing- much of the rare loot comes from stuff more likely to be completed by “explorer” types. Bounties, the highlands treasure hunt, opening random chests you find, different events around the maps. The “optimized” meta farm trains never do these things and thus just get champ bags and unids. They’re often designed to maximize bags and anything in them can’t stay valuable or rare for long due to the sheer amount of bags that will be opened. Or the things have to be either infusion-rare or account bound ( like teq or aurene weapon chest).

What i do wish was better communicated for the general players sake is how/where to get the rarer stuff. I guess scouring the wiki and tp together works, but would be nicer in game somehow. Maybe a recurring rare treasure hunter npc who pops up in maps and says “hey, I’m here because I’ve gotten reports of X, keep your eyes open for it”. At least you would know what is out there.

Since this helpful post got bypassed I think this isn't a request for rare loot but only a request to make one specific rare drop less so.

@Taygus.4571 said:

you think its acceptable that to get these impossible drops, people.need to trade outside of the TP? Where anet offers no protections that you'll get what you trade for?

No, its crazy, that drops are so rare they arent even sold on the TP. No drop should be that rare. Increasing the drop rate juste enough that its now sold on the TP, doesn't suddenly make it common

It is 100% acceptable for people to decide that they want to do this through a middle man and bypass having to pay literally hundreds, if not thousands of gold in additional fees from using the trading post.

@Blocki.4931 said:

It is 100% acceptable for people to decide that they want to do this through a middle man and bypass having to pay literally hundreds, if not thousands of gold in additional fees from using the trading post.

Thats not the only reason they do it tho. They do it because these infusions are worth 20k in gold and tp has a max limit of 10k.

The problem is it's virtually impossible to make an item which is rare enough that players are excited by it, but common enough that most players can realistically expect to get one.

There are 'common' rare drops, like the named exotics from champion bags which have unique skins. (Which were added as part of an attempt to address situations like this - before champion bags very few people bothered fighting champions because it wasn't worth the time.) The problem is that because they're common enough that most players can get them they're also not worth a lot on the TP (which seems to be the main criteria for 'rewarding' drops. After a quick check on the Wiki I only found 4 which sell for more than 10g and only 1 which costs more than 30g.

The other option of course is to make rare drops account bound, so they have no TP price to be judged by and are only valued for what they look like or their stats, but that adds the problem that if you aren't able to get one yourself it's even more frustrating because you don't have any other option but to keep trying, and they're only effective rewards for people who like the item, and it's impossible to make something everyone likes.

Loot generally sucks in GW2. It's either items that drop with a 0.0001% chance or just salvagable junk.There's barely anything in-between.Certain items like "Rhendak's Signet", which I consider special, only have their value because they're part of a collection, not because the item itself has anything special.

You'll always be better off just farming in a location with the most gold/h instead of trying to get the specific item yourself.

@Dante.1763 said:

he said rare loot drops, not impossible loot drops (for most of the players) there is some player who did Choya pinata after coin event to get infusion since the game released. everytime but he or she never got the infusion, he or she bought it when it was on the trading post. i don't see this as Rare loot.i try sometimes those events for expensive drops but i never get one. so i understand the one that created this topic.

it could still be rare, but obtainable for players who want it. I feel for those who want a Khan Ur infusion. So rare you cant even buy it on the trading post for max gold.

Hes right, there's a rarity above rare, and its set aside for infusions and items like the Khan Ur helmet. i personally don't think that's right, if you really desire an item you should be able to farm it eventually, that's not the case in this game where items get so expensive you cant purchase them, or are so rare they drop maybe once a year(for one player out of hundreds of thousands).

Its sad that these items get sold on outside auction houses because of the rarity.

The problem then is that people don't understand the concept of Diminishing Returns...if you constantly try for the same item day in and day out, your chances diminish until they reach nothing. Best practice is to rotate through the different items so your chance is always 100%, even if that chance is .0001%. .0001% is better than .0000%, not by much, but it's better.

I have played many MMORPGs and MMOS. Gw2's biggest issue is that anything worth getting has such abysmal to near non-existent odds. The only game I played with worse odds were Runescape. PSO2, even with all it's flaws and cash grabs is still more generous with it's loot. You can get a few rares in a couple hours of playing. (Starting out, it's not good stuff, but it's something pretty and can be put to some use.) Hell, they even have collection systems that allow you to earn better stuff (even if it's slow) just by accepting the collection card and completing missions casually. Anet needs to find some balance with the loot system. Sorry, but they are gonna need to work on new skins for armor and give something more reasonable to shoot for.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:I guess you have all the infusions then?

That's the definition of rare though, rare means not everyone will get that drop.

Not quite. Rare means that not everyone will get that drop
this specific time
. Something that, on average, drops for one person for a whole map doing the event is still rare, not common.

The problem with rarity is that there are degrees of it. And something that is so rare that you don't have a significant chance of obtaining it even if you farmed every single event where it drops for the whole time the game exists is something that is well beyond just "rare". It's also something that won't motivate most players, because they (rightly) just assume that there's no point to bother, as it will most probably will never drop for them anyway.

Let's put it that way. An average OW player has a decent chance of obtaining some precursors (even if not necessarily the precursors they will want). An average raider has a decent chance of dropping the raid infusions. An average OW player has next to no chance of ever getting any of the "rare" open world infusions however.

@"Zeivu.3615" said:Gw2's biggest issue is that anything worth getting has such abysmal to near non-existent odds.The problem with arguments like these is that even "worth" is relative. What's junk for you are valuable crafting materials for me. Where you miss the thrill of looting a rare item, I love that I'm continuously looting materials that get me step by step closer to my goals.

Other, similar games have conditioned many of us to the mechanic of throwing time and repetition at specific bosses/instances/whatever to get the ultimate shinies. This game works different, and in a way that is a big plus to those of us who for a variety of reasons don't enjoy that kind of gameplay any more. Loot in this game IS valuable, no matter what you do, so you can play the content you actually enjoy and gain resources that you save up to get whatever shiny tickles your fancy.

There are just a few really rare pieces in this game, mostly I suspect as a bone thrown to those who prefer to run after the "ultimate" shiny. The rest of the loot is accessible in a way that each player can choose what to go after, and how. You can go after things like PoF music boxes, rare minis, region-specific skins if that's what you enjoy, and you will find they are similarly rare and require repetition like you know from other games. You can grind the ever same "most profitable" content if gold is what you prefer. Or you can go and play the content you enjoy, free of the constraints of putting monetary value to your gaming time, and slowly but steadily gather the materials to get your shinies, whether through crafting or trading, eventually.

This game's loot system is different from most similar games out there. It might not be for everyone, but to me and many people I play with this game's loot is actually worth more than most other games we've played in the past, and one of the main reasons we are here.

The distribution of loot is heavily influenced by the BLTP. The BLTP and Tyrian gold provide genuine agency. We have the freedom to play the content we like, can be confident that new content will deliver usable rewards, and get access to the cash shop. We don't have to consider the players who enjoy economic game play, but if we are creating an ideal habitat for them we might as well. Compelled or compulsive farming of an area, not play for the sake of play, has predominantly unhealthy characteristics. The BLTP blunts unhealthy habits.

There are trade offs to the BLTP. I don't consider the BLTP blunting the demand for the rush produced when one stops hitting themselves with rng a problem.

A monetized BLTP is a powerful design motivator and the studio will have to compel the essential demand for gold. They will have to employ anti-agency devices to provide global agency. I think the game contains anti-agency devices built of logical agency fallacies. That is an important indicator of the studio's personality. However, the studio has also removed most of the worst anti-agency devices such as the reliance on the MF for global supplies. Ultra Rare tier items will produce a powerful demand for gold but I don't see how an mmorpg can avoid offering the tier. The Ultra Rare tier does offer a habitat for whale hunting.

To access the agency provided by the BLTP players must engage in PvP game play. The trade floor is a competitive mode. GW2 selects for a large proportion of players who are looking to compete against the game for rewards. They become frustrated when redirected to players. It is also a fantasy rpg, rewards are naturally imbued with liquidity resistant significance. The unavoidably competitive narrative of the BLTP and the genuine agency it provides, conflict with narrative common to mmorpg players.

The trade floor makes it at once easier and harder to be unique and wealthy.

GW2 selects for players looking to build something from earned rewards. With the BLTP, they are provided a powerful tool for navigating the supply of rewards while maintaining a happily willing and engaged state. Players also enjoy a relatively high standard of living. The BLTP will show everyone the cost of building everything. It is very easy for players to run out of things they want to build or could realistically build.

The BLTP provides sand box characteristics and levels of agency that aren't satisfied. Imo, this is an under appreciated trade off. Cosmetics isn't enough and Power is compulsive. Being a casual or optimized farmer and/or a trader isn't enough. I don't think access to loot is GW2's struggle. Complex agency and reward symmetry is GW2's struggle. The studio struggles to build meaningful reasons to collect and use loot.

I think I am like many GW2 players. I am engaged by the long term Living World, by story, with some desire to build something. I also understand the value offered by the BLTP and the demand for gold demand. I don't find a reason to collect and use loot that resonates with the concept of the LW as a growing of the world or that provides engaging agency. Obviously, Arenanet does not have to provide me with a bespoke reason to collect loot.

• Thanks 1

@Raknar.4735 said:

You'll always be better off just farming in a location with the most gold/h instead of trying to get the specific item yourself.

but if you want it to buy ingame and there are 23 others who bid 10k on the item? you have to wait years and also because ppl don’t want the 10k but sell it elsewhere where they can get double. then the 23 bids stay forever.

i like guildwars 2 because not so skilled players like me who don’t want to raid are able to obtain legendary weapons. which in WoW i was never able to get in current expansion.

but for infusions. if you want 1 you must be lucky. OR played for many years to even have enough gold.OR buy gems then convert into gold.

it should be forbidden that things get sold outside of the game. the very rich players never have to buy gems and it’s bad for the game. they buy an infusion and make it 20k and so on.

@Zeivu.3615 said:I have played many MMORPGs and MMOS. Gw2's biggest issue is that anything worth getting has such abysmal to near non-existent odds. The only game I played with worse odds were Runescape. PSO2, even with all it's flaws and cash grabs is still more generous with it's loot. You can get a few rares in a couple hours of playing. (Starting out, it's not good stuff, but it's something pretty and can be put to some use.) Hell, they even have collection systems that allow you to earn better stuff (even if it's slow) just by accepting the collection card and completing missions casually. Anet needs to find some balance with the loot system. Sorry, but they are gonna need to work on new skins for armor and give something more reasonable to shoot for.

i liked to do solo runs in WoW in old dungeons for skin's, some for money because low droprate and most for use for myself.the best skins in this game are raid skins, and gemstore skins, and sad part some are only rng drops. but most items from different lvls use the same skin as unlock.it is just waste of time for doing dungeons because no nice skins from it, i only do it if i need special runes or for a legendary weapon.also dungeons are not soloable for me i think. and many items don't sell for nice gold.

yes it's nice if you create a skin to put it in store so you can get money from it. if you make it a dungeon drop and we can loot it and sell it for gold then you get less money from us who normally pays gems for gold (example) i mean, sure you want income of money from us for the time spended in creating, if we get no drops for gold we have to play the game to make gold, if thats not fast enough because some items are gone after some weeks then we have to buy gems and convert them into gold. the drops we can sell are mostly behind bl chest keys so its income for both and not only anet or the players.

simple explanation.

created skin for store = money for anetcreated skin for us (as a dungeon drop) = gold for us and less money from gems for anet.creating skins cost time (time is money) so i think we cant expect to get dungeon dropped skinsbecause then they waste alot of time and no money from it.thats why many skins go into a chest, even more money.

Feedback: long time ago i was thinking of an idea for world completion. every world completion would be nice if it gets rewarded with a black lion voucher.world completion is needed for a legendary gen 1 but it doesnt feel rewarding with those transmute charges.yes then its less income but ppl have something to go for. (old content)

And xpack world completions can be rewarded with something simple. maybe some mystic coins. tyria world completion take several hours. if you get a free (maybe random) glider from it. then it maybe looks faster because you like the rewards you will get.if i can get a glider voucher from world completion then i feel i can get something for free that i normally should pay for. and ofcourse ppl appriciate it when you also give and not only take. sure those free items in the store are nice but i get very positive about a company if they reward with bigger things then just a revive orb.it feels bad if ppl only take. if i only think about the weekly keyrun, that lvl 1 char i already had 38 days because i was afraid for disappointed again so i dont do keyruns often.

i hope you understand and will see what the reaction is :)