Another Skyscale Saddle Thread

Okay am I missing something?It requires a full stack of all the map currencies from PoF. The only folk I can find that sell this garbage is a vendor in dragonfall and the Bjora marches. Problem is those folk seem to sell this stuff...per day or in quantities so little that it would be like trying to grind out Netherwing in WoW using eggs alone.

Pardon my french but what the actual @#$%.

I don't want to do dailies for a pittance when we're well into the next expac. Catch-up time is now. Where is the actual place to grab this nonsense?

Look up each currency on the Wiki, that will give you a full list of places you can get it.

But the short answer is that the best place to get them is from the Season 4 maps. Each map has nodes where it's currency can be harvested, and you'll get more from events and heart vendors on the map, dailies when they're available and achievements and story steps if there's any you haven't already done.

I brought 4 of my toons to each map (just ask in map chat if someone can sit at a waypoint while you teleport-to-a-friend your toons in, there are always people willing to help for a couple min). 2 of the toons i used tomes of knowledge to level them up to 80.

Then i did all the hearts of each map every day with all the toons and you the currencies really fast. It would have been quicker if i Also farmed nodes but whatever. For trade contracts, bring toons to the Tomb of the Primeval King and open the chests in there each day on each one. For dragonfall, just do the meta.

You can also get some via pvp/wvw reward tracks.

Go to Bjora Marches and do the metas and unlock chests for ice shards. Go to LFG living world icebrood saga and see if any commanders are running the meta.

Convert shards into LWS4 currency at the karma vendor. I can get up to 40 of one currency with shards.

Not to mention the ice shards you can mine from the nodes you see as you run around the map doing the meta.

@Katelynn.6593 said:Go to Bjora Marches and do the metas and unlock chests for ice shards. Go to LFG living world icebrood saga and see if any commanders are running the meta.

Convert shards into LWS4 currency at the karma vendor. I can get up to 40 of one currency with shards.

Not to mention the ice shards you can mine from the nodes you see as you run around the map doing the meta.

I'm nocturnal...My job makes me awake during US nighttime hours. There's no one doing meta events at that time because servers are still local.Do the season 4 currencies really still only need to be sold in bundles of 5? All of this is still pretty asinine.

@YellowJacket.7249 said:

@Katelynn.6593 said:Go to Bjora Marches and do the metas and unlock chests for ice shards. Go to LFG living world icebrood saga and see if any commanders are running the meta.

I'm nocturnal...My job makes me awake during US nighttime hours. There's no one doing meta events at that time because servers are still local.Do the season 4 currencies
really
still only need to be sold in bundles of 5? All of this is still pretty asinine.

You know you can still harvest everything in the maps?

• 7 months later...

I can sympathize with the feeling of the OP. The material collection part for the saddle took as long as all the prior steps combined. The Tactical Overlay/TacO with Tekkit's Guide were a real help harvesting nodes, so I wanted to mention that if any late-comers (like me) are looking for advice.

Also I feel really dumb because I did not realize the Bjora Marches vendor sells Eternal Ice for karma on their first tab. I never bothered looking through the other tabs since I was only there for the Skyscale mats.

It might not have saved that much time because of the time-gating purchase limit, but it would still be nice if the tabs were organized so all the material-related items were on a single tab, or duplicate the Eternal Ice karma purchase choice on the zone 4 material tab.

The skyscale saddle was really unfair as we got several days of timegating back when it was released when you progressed. And then being slapped with the 250 of each lsd4 currency. It enraged me, I could have farmed it easilly in the downtime days had I known!But I toughed out farming everything in a single day over multiple characters.Also, dont forget, if you have all the nodes, you can slowly let the currencies build up on their own as long you remember to harvest daily.

If you harvers all the nodes and do all the hearts in each map you get 50-70 map currency per run.Download TacO and follow the overlayed path for farming.You also get 25 for each LS4 map completion.Some achievements also reward map currency i believe.Some maps are more generous than others but you should have no trouble getting 250 of each in like a week max if you only do it on one character.

Yeah, it's a battle, and feels great when you finally get your last currency piece. Farm nodes on each map, do the hearts and buy the daily max currency from each heart vendor, run the metas when there are groups doing them, buy the max daily amounts from dragonfall, trade ice shards for LWS4 currency in Bjora.

I just finished my skyscale a couple weeks ago. Skyscale is basically a "legendary" mount. Just chip away at it little by little and don't worry so much about being left behind, especially with currencies since you can slowly get them at your own pace. It is not meant to be easy or instant, but if you just spend an hour or two every day farming all the maps and buying what you can from the daily vendors, you should have everything you need within a month. That's much earlier than the expac release.

I also play non-US evening times. There were still meta trains going. I met quite a few commanders from Australia and SEA, so there should be trains to help you at most times, although I usually just hit up meta trains on the weekend and just played to have fun since I didn't want to burn myself out.

Good luck!

The vendors in Dragonfall and Bjora Marches are not the primary sources of those LWS4 materials. Every LWS4 episode has a map that gives those materials as the primary source and you need to play each of those 6 maps. You can gather them in the respective maps, do the hearts and purchase them from the respective heart vendors, do the respective map completions, and/or do metas.

Domain of Istan for Kralkatite Ore.Sandswept Isles for Difluorite Crystals.Domain of Kourna for Inscribed Shards.Jahai Bluffs for Lumps of Mistonium.Thunderhead Peaks for Branded Masses.Dragonfall for Mistborn Motes.

Generally, people tended to spam hearts to amass currency quickly. The exceptions were Dragonfall, which doesn't have hearts. You can do hearts once per character per day, for 25 map currency. Map completion awards another 25 map currency per character, except in koura where you get like 5.

So basically you just grind 5 characters through hearts and map completion at your own pace. No need for dailies.

@BlueJin.4127 said:The vendors in Dragonfall and Bjora Marches are not the primary sources of those LWS4 materials. Every LWS4 episode has a map that gives those materials as the primary source and you need to play each of those 6 maps. You can gather them in the respective maps, do the hearts and purchase them from the respective heart vendors, do the respective map completions, and/or do metas.

Domain of Istan for Kralkatite Ore.Sandswept Isles for Difluorite Crystals.Domain of Kourna for Inscribed Shards.Jahai Bluffs for Lumps of Mistonium.Thunderhead Peaks for Branded Masses.Dragonfall for Mistborn Motes.

It’s fairly obvious that getting the map currencies on the maps themselves is the primary way. That said, some don’t like the grind and look for alternative ways. I remember running alts through the hearts daily when each episode came out in order to farm the map currencies. It wasn’t fun and was boring.

which currencies u find difficult?

The hardly ones is the ones from always empty maps, and at same time are scarcity on nodes(jahai bluffs and kourna), focus these ones to buy with eternal ice from bjora.

Other maps are very actively on meta trains, and u can easily farm currencies while at same time farm some gold(dragon fall, thunder head, istan). ThunderHead Keep is a map easy to navigate and with a good spam of nodes.

Sandsweept Islands is most trick, because the nodes spam map is on medium average, but by other side, is the most easy map to full navigate.

For Eternal Ice path(Bjora Marches) to maximize the amount per day try this at daily basis:

• Drakkar meta
  • Storms meta(and open all chests on Aesgir Legacy)
  • Theres a extra map run chest.(map here from full chest run https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_chest )
  • Strike missions related to bjora(Bears, Fraenir) are easy and have chest with eternal ice.with this routine u can have near 1,2k eternal ice per day.

The desperate option is wvw reward track, since u are playing US off hours, transfer to Sea of Sorrows, that server is very active on these hours because is filled with oceanic/australia/japan players and mindless zerg with them.

@"firedragon.8953" said:Yeah, it's a battle, and feels great when you finally get your last currency piece. Farm nodes on each map, do the hearts and buy the daily max currency from each heart vendor, run the metas when there are groups doing them, buy the max daily amounts from dragonfall, trade ice shards for LWS4 currency in Bjora.

I just finished my skyscale a couple weeks ago. Skyscale is basically a "legendary" mount. Just chip away at it little by little and don't worry so much about being left behind, especially with currencies since you can slowly get them at your own pace. It is not meant to be easy or instant, but if you just spend an hour or two every day farming all the maps and buying what you can from the daily vendors, you should have everything you need within a month. That's much earlier than the expac release.

I also play non-US evening times. There were still meta trains going. I met quite a few commanders from Australia and SEA, so there should be trains to help you at most times, although I usually just hit up meta trains on the weekend and just played to have fun since I didn't want to burn myself out.

Good luck!

I can totally relate to this! I'm a new solo-player and finally got all the mounts unlocked, with Skyscale being the last one, about two nights ago. All I did was be aware of which maps would get me closer to the specific mount and pretty much played however I like in those maps. I will say, as a new player, it didn't feel like grind getting any of the mounts as experiencing meta events and bounty trains for the first few times was fun, and still is fun. Doing map completions on those maps, hearts, finding nodes and improving my farming route was fun.

I just joined meta/bounty train to experience the boss fights, also to unlock 'titles' or potentially earn ascended gear, and kept doing them because I wanted to do better at them (like not die), and before I knew it, I was maxed out on saddle materials. I even had extra materials to get all the ascended accessories long before I got Skyscale.

Also, I'm playing from SEA so it's US downtime, but there's usually trains going for those maps, and if there isn't there's usually one the next day or a guild that does them on a routine schedule.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:which currencies u find difficult?

The hardly ones is the ones from always empty maps, and at same time are scarcity on nodes(jahai bluffs and kourna), focus these ones to buy with eternal ice from bjora.

I grinded like 1500 or more jahai currency in like a month or less, Jahai isn't really that difficult to grind even if the map is empty (which it mostly isn't, there's always someone there). I wanted all the Requiem armor so...Furthermore, the only events that reward currency except DBS are the anomalies and those you can solo. The rest is just node farming, chests and hearts. Not having anyone on the map doesn't really matter, you don't need them. DBS is also constantly on the meta train, so there's that, but it only gives you like 5 of them a day, not really somthing special...If i had Icebrood saga unlocked, i'd probably be done with it even sooner.

Kourna is also not really deserted, but for the life of me i can't remember where i got the currency from. I know i didn't farm it so it was probably the Gandara meta. You can do it multiple times a day and get currency, only the last chest is daily i think... Still, easy farm, and then there's also nodes and hearts as well.

Other maps are very actively on meta trains, and u can easily farm currencies while at same time farm some gold(dragon fall, thunder head, istan). ThunderHead Keep is a map easy to navigate and with a good spam of nodes.

Yeah, those 3 have people constantly. Dragon fall was easy to farm as i was doing skyscale collections there anyway. So naturally you happen upon the meta without even trying. By the time the collections were done, i had most of the currency from there that i needed. Also, daily LS4 currency for volatile magic from the vendor.Thunderhead keep meta doesn't really give you that much currency though, and it also counts towards the daily maximum. So you either farm them or do the meta, you can't really do both which is stupid... Istan is the easiest, 25 kralk ore per heart plus meta ???? profit lol.

Sandsweept Islands is most trick, because the nodes spam map is on medium average, but by other side, is the most easy map to full navigate.

I like that map. But man farming it takes an hour... Though, that means each farm i get 70+ crystals so i'm not complaining. :smile:

The desperate option is wvw reward track, since u are playing US off hours, transfer to Sea of Sorrows, that server is very active on these hours because is filled with oceanic/australia/japan players and mindless zerg with them.

That's honestly how i got the rest of the currency, just by plaiyng WvW as i normally do. It's not the fastest way, but it's the unobtrusive "you might as well" way while you're doing WvW.

Another skyscale question here. I'm about to start the second part of the quest chain. I have been told that you do not need to fight the champion djinn to get those particular parts done. You apparently do have to fight the veteran djinn in order to light the braziers to get the champions to spawn. If this is true, can anyone tell me if the veteran djinn can be soloed or is this purely a group endeavor?

@YellowJacket.7249 said:Okay am I missing something?It requires a full stack of all the map currencies from PoF. The only folk I can find that sell this garbage is a vendor in dragonfall and the Bjora marches. Problem is those folk seem to sell this stuff...per day or in quantities so little that it would be like trying to grind out Netherwing in WoW using eggs alone.

Pardon my french but what the actual @#$%.

I don't want to do dailies for a pittance when we're well into the next expac. Catch-up time is now. Where is the actual place to grab this nonsense?

Umm this may be a silly question, but are you not collecting this in the zones? Like this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lump_of_Mistonium you can get plenty in the zone. I did most of it through the zones if I remember right, the only metas I joined were in dragonfall and a few in crystal desert. Its not as bad as netherwing lol that took almost a year back when it was released.

@Eraden.8740 said:Another skyscale question here. I'm about to start the second part of the quest chain. I have been told that you do not need to fight the champion djinn to get those particular parts done. You apparently do have to fight the veteran djinn in order to light the braziers to get the champions to spawn. If this is true, can anyone tell me if the veteran djinn can be soloed or is this purely a group endeavor?

Im trying to remember I do believe there was a commander and a group when I did it. but I remember you had to kill all the djinn in the area in order to get the grand djinn to appear. If you are a good solo player or a class with a tanky pet you can solo it I never tried because back then everyone was doing the skyscale so groups were always up.

@Eraden.8740 said:Another skyscale question here. I'm about to start the second part of the quest chain. I have been told that you do not need to fight the champion djinn to get those particular parts done. You apparently do have to fight the veteran djinn in order to light the braziers to get the champions to spawn. If this is true, can anyone tell me if the veteran djinn can be soloed or is this purely a group endeavor?

Veteran djinn can be killed solo. Bring CC to make things easier.