Less zerg WvW

uberkingkong.8041

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Some servers don't have enough numbers,this is problem for player on less servers I think. Someone lose, some win. Don't want be loser - change server. All is fair.

should make WvW less zerg mindset and maybe more people will enjoy it.no, no one want fight wiht same ppc amount. People like dominate and win.

You can build that siege ram all by yourself with 15 materials.you already can do it. Biudl, go near camp, take new mats, and findih biuld.

Now people can solo take towers.on non prime time we do it 2. Don;'t see any reason simplify it to 1.

Servers with bad population.as I say 2 enough to take tower ALREADY for me. Skilled player do it solo already

Not everyone has big party.this is only problem for small party, and we like it in wvw

Also not everyone agrees with zerg commander.non agree - make small party and come near my bir zerg :)) = this is main fun in wvw

The one thing ESO does better in WvW, is the siege vibe.ESO siege its a mile longlike eso sige vibe ? go play eso siege vibe. Don't se reason bring another unknown for me game in gw2.

But back to GW2,less zerg,yes, we need that someoen amke small zerg in wvw, thay perfect meat for big zerg. This is one of fun in wvw

Lord scales starting from 1 player.so that we point attract people in this way ? do solo lord fast, and wp .. . this is mmo or what ?Change server? Nobody respect player who have changed server.

Yeah, yall know this one guy, he goes by many names but it ends with Dreams, a true Jade Quarrian. If he aint switching I aint switching too.True Jade Quarrian nature, not just him but many other Jade Quarrians follow the code.

The best WvW'ers in the house? Jade Quarry. Those top WvW'ers now? Probably learned from the best of the best, the Jade Quarrians. Many years back in primetime WvW we have won and #1. Its just not as good as it is today. Respect to the other top servers we faced too. But as a Jade Quarrian, switching servers, that funny story.

Just like if I was a PvP'er, telling me to switch away from Anvil Rock? Thats funny story.

Times changed.WvW needs to be less zerg. Back then, every server could bring up a good zerg, only few zergs were UNSTOPPABLE. Now today? Its a numbers game. UNSTOPPABLE because its 70 vs 30. Less zerg please.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Two people can take a T-3 tower, 3-4 a keep.

Having supply from one person being enough to fully build siege isn’t an answer that will work.

T3 tower thats behind enemy lines?As in EB the towers THEY OWN, the INSIDE ones

No man... I meant taking a tower that I own......

Yes. Taking one of their towers. With 2-3 players.

This is done in ESOHow about GW2?

See above.

Its very effective in ESO because it cuts off their spawns to other keeps

But GW2 doesn’t have the mechanism to cut off spawns so...

GW2 you'd have to do a lot of long distance running or take a camp on their side, which they defiantly going to respond too. And on their way there, they gonna notice you.

No... you wouldn’t. Unless you want to solo it.

In ESO, no need to make much noise, you just start tearing at the keep within seconds.

Ok.. I thought this was the GW2 boards.

Just because it’s done in another game doesn’t mean it’s ‘better’.

Ah, see solo is not an option anymore.If they going to lose a T3 INNER tower they own, they will come back, just like in ESO they losing one of those MAIN line keeps they coming back unless they just razing havoc and only pushing forward.

EB right now, losing outer towers, sure happens, they'll allow it.EB right now, losing inner towers, we coming back, unless ofc, its Zerg vs Zerg right now, and you know, there Zerg is unstoppable. And they messing with you in your lands.

When their Zerg is UNSTOPPABLE,thats when its solo time.

I'd like to go after the their inner keeps, annoy there zerg, make them send there best players while they continue raising havoc OR they just come back and take me out rather than going around eating all the other worlds wimpy zergs.This is when I disagree with commander, there zerg is better, its clear, no rematch. You want rematch, go ahead, I'll do what GW2 lets solo's do which is little to nothing. Take camps (NOT on EB) and kill sentry's (NOT on EB)

In ESO, when enemy zerg is UNSTOPPABLE.You have PvE questsCave crawlstons of things similar to camps in GW2 (lumber yard, farm, mine)I could siege a keep and run away when they spawn back to defend it

Many options in ESO WvW when facing UNSTOPPABLE zerg opponent, forcing me to either wipe all day or soloNOT SO MANY GW2 WvW options. Do camp (NOT on EB), Do sentries (NOT on EB)

You can’t cap a... sentry in EB? Really?

A camp?

I mean I get it if you can’t solo cap an inner tower in EB. I can’t either. But mostly because I can’t solo the lords.

But camps? And Sentries??

Cmon...

Is this just a ruse?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Having supply from one person being enough to fully build siege isn’t an answer that will work.

T3 tower thats behind enemy lines?As in EB the towers THEY OWN, the INSIDE ones

No man... I meant taking a tower that I own......

Yes. Taking one of their towers. With 2-3 players.

This is done in ESOHow about GW2?

See above.

Its very effective in ESO because it cuts off their spawns to other keeps

But GW2 doesn’t have the mechanism to cut off spawns so...

GW2 you'd have to do a lot of long distance running or take a camp on their side, which they defiantly going to respond too. And on their way there, they gonna notice you.

No... you wouldn’t. Unless you want to solo it.

In ESO, no need to make much noise, you just start tearing at the keep within seconds.

Ok.. I thought this was the GW2 boards.

Just because it’s done in another game doesn’t mean it’s ‘better’.

Ah, see solo is not an option anymore.If they going to lose a T3 INNER tower they own, they will come back, just like in ESO they losing one of those MAIN line keeps they coming back unless they just razing havoc and only pushing forward.

EB right now, losing outer towers, sure happens, they'll allow it.EB right now, losing inner towers, we coming back, unless ofc, its Zerg vs Zerg right now, and you know, there Zerg is unstoppable. And they messing with you in your lands.

When their Zerg is UNSTOPPABLE,thats when its solo time.

I'd like to go after the their inner keeps, annoy there zerg, make them send there best players while they continue raising havoc OR they just come back and take me out rather than going around eating all the other worlds wimpy zergs.This is when I disagree with commander, there zerg is better, its clear, no rematch. You want rematch, go ahead, I'll do what GW2 lets solo's do which is little to nothing. Take camps (NOT on EB) and kill sentry's (NOT on EB)

In ESO, when enemy zerg is UNSTOPPABLE.You have PvE questsCave crawlstons of things similar to camps in GW2 (lumber yard, farm, mine)I could siege a keep and run away when they spawn back to defend it

Many options in ESO WvW when facing UNSTOPPABLE zerg opponent, forcing me to either wipe all day or soloNOT SO MANY GW2 WvW options. Do camp (NOT on EB), Do sentries (NOT on EB)

You can’t cap a... sentry in EB? Really?

A camp?

I mean I get it if you can’t solo cap an inner tower in EB. I can’t either. But mostly because I can’t solo the lords.

But camps? And Sentries??

Cmon...

Is this just a ruse?

Thing is, its in their territory, they gonna be around, because its EB. You gonna have to spawn away and always be on the alert.On other than EB, aint nobody going to that camp, that camp is just for sake of flipping.

On EB they take their camp serious, and people are active, you gonna get some fights, and on their lands it wont be even, you better be able to kill quick.On other than EB, you get a fight with someone, chances are nobody is coming to help, that 2 minute fight is allowable.Taking a sentry on other than EB, safely do it, aint nobody roaming around them.

In EB sentry is in their roaming path.If you aint trying to get to a zerg and its in the way, instead you just going to sentry for no reason than just to kill it, that at smart play. You gonna get into fights that will turn out unfair if you aint fast enough at winning.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Lords already do scale with players.

Sometimes people coming in actually makes it worse.

Thats the thing,It scales at 10 players10 players? rarely happens, usually its 1-5 or 20+

1-5 players should be able to bring a lord to its knees in 2mins, not a 10 minute fight because not enough people (cough EoTM cough desert BL)

3-5 players can already take down a lord much faster than 10 minutes if they're not complete trash. It's not really the game's problem if people bring things that do no damage.

@Clownmug.8357 said:OP, are you saying you want more time to breath on a map called Eternal Battlegrounds?

I care less about EB.Thats actually where everybody goes if no commander is on. Well used to be, now everybody flips camps on random non EB maps, so they stay T6 with rewards. Thats why if you gonna kill sentry or flip a camp, do it on server where you have nothing, enemy aint gonna be there. Rather than on EB right in front of them and lots of activity.

If you running over to world that is very active and taking their camps THEY OWN, you got some balls. Especially if your server aint doing squat and the other server aint doing squat its just 1 zerg domination.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Thats the thing,It scales at 10 players10 players? rarely happens, usually its 1-5 or 20+

1-5 players should be able to bring a lord to its knees in 2mins, not a 10 minute fight because not enough people (cough EoTM cough desert BL)

3-5 players can already take down a lord much faster than 10 minutes if they're not complete trash. It's not really the game's problem if people bring things that do no damage.

Yep the ordinary lords. The ones that turn the floor into lava, AoEs everywhere, good luck with that. Those guys need a toning/scaling down.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:On EB they take their camp serious, and people are active, you gonna get some fights, and on their lands it wont be even, you better be able to kill quick.My god, that sound
horrible
! Fights?! I CANT DO THAT!

Lets all head to ESO.

You taking about EB, going to their lands taking their camp, and worrying about 1v1?I aint worried about the 1v1, its the eventual Xv1

That's why I said, I don't mind fights on other than EB especially if its in an area that's suppose to be my camp. Neither of us getting help.

Playing WvW for years, you know what to do, why people do it. Most people just quit.We talking about situations which happens often. No commander ANY borderland, nothing but enemy and his giant zerg, made a commander not too long ago, quit because there zerg is just too massive. UNSTOPPABLE.

Quit or camp flip, thats your options when UNSTOPPABLE zerg makes your server not even active anymore. Sure you may find pugs that coordinate with you.Sure you can wait on timers of those keeps you have to recapture from the UNSTOPPABLE zerg, using a treb from inside the home keep.

What about offensive?All of that is recapturing stuff.Offensive?

Countering the UNSTOPPABLE zerg?A ton of solos attacking multiple targets. Doing so effectively.Heck it makes more stratgeic for full server play too. You have a ton of stuff contested, but where is that MAIN zerg at?Right now, the main zerg is at THE ONLY thing contested, because small scale is not really a thing.

TAKES too long for sieging up.

You are playing solo, just because your in a squad doesn't mean people discuss what everyone should do.

You are SOLO in the squad. Its expected to follow commander.

Its no discussion of strategic play, unless you in the coordinated zergs.

GW2 WvWcan someone tag upOk we have a tagNo discussion, follow the commanderNo strategic plays.

ESO, any action anywhere? Where is the action (ANY ACTION this means small fights, non zerg fights, etc)ESO unless you a zerg, do you even care where there zerg isESO, its not uncommon to ask if we have a zerg, but usually no response because its a strategic gameESO, you can't just join it, they strategically playing, meaning you have to join discord to get them to invite youI want to help our team, I'll just attack this keep to become a distraction.

GW2tag up someone pleaseFollow commanderUseless at doing anything else thats effective other than reflip stuff we lost

In ESO, they have a leaderboard, sometimes a solo player is at the top.Like ESO Fengrush is very popular player. Not because hes a commander, in fact he isn't a commander.

Hes just a good PvP'er that partakes in WvW objectives and knows how the point system works.

In GW2 WvW to be well known or popular you gotta talk a lot, or be a commander. No leaderboard. You just known as an invader. In ESO they show your name.You get whooped by that roamer, you remember its him, you ask in ESO, so who killed ya? Fengrush. Oh I aint gonna help, he aint no joke.Some 4 star commander killed ya? Ya I seen him take on 4 people and win, I'd just avoid him.

GW2, nothing like that. Only your guild name.Which guild is that zerg?

Solo wise, people only tend to remember the bots/cheaters.Good solo people, heck who knows any, didn't think ya did know of any. May know what they look like though....If it was a fight longer than 3 seconds.

GW2, someone good is at our home camp, picking people offESO, Fengrush is there picking people off

Thats a difference and why ESO is does it better.

Ever hoping for an #esports in some game, people need to know the names.Like ESO, FengrushLike Quake Champions, raphaGW2 though, I aint know any CURRENT WvW'ers. I know Zoose, but he still play?PvP I use to know names, I still see some names I recognize.

Key aspect if you ever hoping for #esports

1. Keep the casual base happy, don't force them into #esports aka PvP 8v8 to 5v5 (then anything BUT more than 5v5 aka 1s 2s 3s 4s == casual :( )Casuals KNOW they suck, thats why they love 8v8, they don't need the other person know they suck and wait long time aka 1v1. Yep I can't beat you, why we even go again, I can't beat anybody, PvP sucks. 8v8. This is fun, I'm not even noticing I suck, because these other 6 people with me suck too, I feel like I fit in. Unless they going against really good players, and the BEATDOWN is very noticable. Like they have all 3 nodes, and they just camping spawn.
  2. Make good players able to EASILY be well known

GW2 like quake champs, force casual base into #esports, QC pretty much dead game.Just like GW2 pvpBefore that the other Quakes were 8v8, before GW2 #esports died, it was 8v8. Casual base wants fun, not (Conquest is too much with 8v8, its just people having fun and zerging...... hence reason why 30+ hotjoins 8v8 FULL all day all night, people enjoy it.... DONT BREAK IT....... GW2/QC, can i force these happy players to be #esports, do you casuals mind 5v5 1s 2s 3s 4s... Where are the 30+ full servers? Should be 50+ right since its less players????? Nope. Now even thinking about 8v8, people think, thats a lot of players, hard time filling it up..... Newsflash, 8v8 NEVER had problem with can't find a game and quick.... Hence 30+ FULL 8v8 SERVERS. It was more of a can I join that 15/16 server quick enough)

So if you made GW2 more solo friendly small scale, rather than zerg,You'll start knowing more names, of your enemies, not just your allies. Not just, oh its that guild, and there leader is so and so.

Friend, I'm gonna be honest with you, that you put new lines for every sentence or sometimes even every clause is very annoying. It makes people not want to read your post and even if they do makes them prone to miss things that you say that could be important. I too have only brushed over most of what you came to say so I can only respond in very general terms.

Like others have already pointed out to you: There is nothing in WvW that promotes zerging over anything else beside possibly bag- and WXP grind. Most objectives are soloable even if that is not what they were designed for, while groups of 5 is the bottom line that they were designed for and most objectives are relatively smoothly capturable with a party of 5. That is also often where the best class-class balance is. In the strategic layer it is still arguably better to run 10x5 groups rather than 50x1 for PPT. The same goes for quite alot of the player-player interaction. It is grossly underestimated what you can achieve with a group of 5, 10 or 15. It is also often overestimated what the size of the few remaining capable groups are. It is just that much better to build a proper team that those groups succeed in doing alot of things and that in turn makes whatever they represent seem that much larger and powerful. Those groups may sometimes appear as if disconnected from their larger communities but they are ingrained in what is behind those communities.

The real reason we see alot of zergs and the real kicker to this discussion is that players in this mode are no longer acustomed to playing with their friends, building their own groups and forming their own content. Zergs are easy and low effort, it is an effective mean to spread content to as many players as possible with as low demand on them as possible yet still staying somewhat receptive to content that is produced (ie., able to match up and take on). That's what zergs, blobs and their meta are.

As always, you have ArenaNet to blame for that as they have done nothing for 8 years to ensure that friends in WvW can play together on the same maps and servers or in any other way promote the formation of player-groups (MMO) or variety in the content that is in their demand. That's it, nothing else.

This, same as everything else, is due to full servers, queues, transfer fees, population imbalance, broken scoring and never any proper delivery on in-demand guild-level content like GvG. Everything is rooted in that. It was an issue in 2012 and it is an issue in 2020.

Also @op, if you can't think of any names in any guild (whether they solo, play in fives, tens, fifteens or twenties) that is a you-thing and not a mode-thing. Most of us who regularily play this mode are aware of what groups have earnt at least some repute. Many players in those groups are also involved with sPvP, social media content creation or as mentioned earlier equated with the reputation of their server. You would notice them if you had intergrated into the mode. Anything else is like any other tourist not knowing enough about domestic popularity.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Quit or camp flip, thats your options when UNSTOPPABLE zerg makes your server not even active anymore. Sure you may find pugs that coordinate with you.

There's no such thing as an unstoppable zerg. Your server isn't active because they're just not a lot of active people. Do enough to keep participation up and then go look for fights, what do you care about points? Your people who still hang around on your server will tag along if they see others floating around looking for something to do. Get your xp boosters and banners, throw up a tag for solo players who are doing their own thing or grouping up for some stuff so you can use Alert Target for each other to read map and area activity, and go take a bite out of that zerg.

I am from a Bronze tier server and used to spend most of the day playing small scale wvw in the borderlands before the server linking. I think a few things happened during the Heart of Thorns release that made small scale wvw less fun. The purpose of these changes are to encourage small scale fights and make small scale a bit more rewarding.

1. Fortified Gates - Before the Heart of Thorns release, the upgrade process was different and fortified gates did not exist. The upgrade process used to be Reinforce Walls, Reinforce Gates then Fortify Keep.

• This left the gates as a weak point that would reduce the time to capture upgraded structures which would be taken advantage of during small scale fights.
    • Fortified Gates were added since a map blob could capture a structure too quickly in tier 1. Maybe as a compromise a portcullis could be added to gates. When small scale fights are occurring the portcullis would be retracted giving a weak point. It would be deployed for map blobs to keep the fix for large scale.
  2. Guards causing contested status - Before the Heart of Thorns release, attacking guards would not cause objectives to become contested.

• It used to be possible to pull guards away from the gate and kill them so that rams could be built with multiple supply runs. This made it easier to get inside an upgraded objective to cause small scale fights to occur.
    • As a secondary benefit it makes it harder to contest waypoints. It would force someone tagging a keep to hit a gate instead of a guard anywhere on a wall.
  3. Watchtower - Towers used to be one of the main objectives where small scale combat would occur.

• With watchtower in place mainly catapults are used to break in to upgraded towers. If watchtower was removed it would allow gates to be attacked as the weak point.
    • Removing watchtower causes more people to scout encouraging more fights.
  4. Auto upgrades - Upgrading structures used to require manual interaction.

• The manual interaction will force the side that owns a majority of objectives to spread out if they want to upgrade. Auto upgrades allows the side with numbers to camp objectives around spawn making it harder for an outmanned side to do anything.
    • The gold cost should never return but the manual interaction gave a borderland defender a purpose to roam around the map.
    • The upgrade interaction could reward WXP to everyone in the territory. I feel borderland defenders get the least amount of rewards in wvw.

Good list list @Abjurer.9302 Could also add auto superspeed and invulnerable dolyaks, as well as mounts, because these things also take away things for small grps to do.

WvW needs more reasons and incentives for players to interact with each other, not less, and interaction shouldn't be limited to zerg vs zerg. Unfortunately the devs seem to disagree :/

Also lol @ESO doing things better. The only thing it does better is less hardcarry mechanics for raw numbers in combat (no aoe caps/downstate) which allows smaller numbers to take on much larger forces, but that's about it. Overall is still all about zergs PvDooring or mashing their heads against each other in a big (and laggy) clusterfuck. Strategy, coordination, meaningful smallscale? Nowhere to be found. Don't fool yourself.

@"lare.5129" said:yes, try spvp great idea ! so we have summary, uberkingkong.8041 should try unranked spvp, and don't play wvw. Or play eso or etc.

sPvP?Yes fun!8v8 hotjoins!

They get rid of 8v8 hotjoins even though 30+ FULL 8v8 hotjoin games, ALL DAY ALL NIGHT. FUN FUN FUN5v5 ranked, ANYTHING but more than 5v5. as in they do 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4. BORING. Aint no casuals want to do 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4.

sPvP, #1 trend going on right now.20% of bots taking over games, bots bots bots

8v8? Casuals? Nope, sPvP forced #esports down every casuals throats.30+ ALL DAY long FULL hotjoin servers.... Now dead, sPvP, bots everywhere gamemode.

8v8 thought of it is "good luck getting 16 people to do it"...Did you not play it when it was around? 30+ ALL DAY LONG full servers.And you think good luck?

HmmmMust mean pvp playerbase is struggling.Because 8v8 it was thriving..... Forcing 5v5, oh look its not thriving.Oh look they trying everything to motivate people to get back into pvpDoing 1v1 does not motivate people to get back into pvpDoing 2v2 does not motivate people to get back into pvpDoing 3v3 does not motivate people to get back into pvpDoing 4v4 does not motivate people to get back into pvp

1v1 they do NOT have conquest in pvp2v2 they do NOT have conquest in pvp3v3 they do NOT have conquest in pvp4v4 they do NOT have conquest in pvp

Hmmmmthese analysts are baffled, they have no clue what motivates people to get back into pvp.they probably think like playerbase "anything more than 5v5 good luck filling it up and getting games"

smh, you guys blind?DATA SHOWSDATA PROVESDATA SUGGESTSDATA CLAIMSREAL NEWS DATA SHOWS30+ ALWAYS FULL ALL DAY 8v8 HOTJOIN SERVERSThat's 480 ACTIVE IN PVP players ANY TIME OF DAY, that's healthyGW2 idk who does the DATA ANALYSIS for PvP, but DATA is in your face dude. LOOK AT IT.Back in the 8v8 hotjoin days, the issue was not finding an active server. It was AM I QUICK enough to join that 15/16 server.Back in the 8v8 hotjoin days.... One fun I did after playing PvP a lot was, LOOK AT PLAYERS in the game, and pvp with them.

Thats just HOTJOINS too.

But nah, these guys listen to the wrong people."good luck filling 8v8s" bro 8v8 NEVER had issue filling up. 8v8 IS CASUAL....1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 IS NOT CASUAL.Thats why 8v8 HAS NO PROBLEM filling games.

sPvP too small team, needs more, 8v8.WvW, ZERG reliant. You have no ZERG, you're USELESS. UNINSTALL WvW quit, leave it, come back ONLY when commander is up.Can't do SQUAT offensively IN ENEMY TERRITORY when there is no commander and everyone else LEFT because.... THERE IS NO COMMANDER.

Thats why, the other borderlands, the ones your server does not control..... YOU HAVE NOTHING, not even that start tower. BECAUSE even though you want to capture it. ITS UNDEFENDED TOO.

You can't because 1 player can't build fucking siege.Give me a siege buff if aint nobody around for 3 minutes.So that I build the flipping ram with ONE TIME 15 materials, none of this run back and forth 5 times just to get a flipping ram up.Scale that beeping gate down to 1 player too. And the lord. If I aint breaking the gate within 2 minutes, it needs to be SCALED DOWN, SCALED PROPERLY.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Try spvp. U will love it!

Hopefully they make CANTHA open world PvP. Have a wilderness area like in Old School Runescape.Then I can just do that and never worry about PvP and WvW.IMO Open World PvP > PvP and WvW combined.

Nah. They won’t make cantha owpvp.

Just go spvp now and away from zergs and have fun there!

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Higher target caps but they just nerfed 10 targets caps for most classes. DH can still hit 10 with its traps but i guess that why there are more DH.

I don't think this will solve itZerg is usually a train

You still gonna get rekt by that 70 man train.They can hit more people too now. Its not just you hitting everybody. Now 70 every single person in the 70 man train hits everybody.

Need to make solo and small groups more effective

Game needs to start its SCALING process at 1 person.Not 10 people or whatever its at now.

Can you solo a wasteland keep lord in 2 minutes or less?What about EoTM keeps? Can you do them solo?

Thats why those modes are abandoned and not played much anymore.Scaling starts at 10 people or so.

Scaling at 1 person, means more opportunties to do things. No longer RELIANT on zerg commander OR randoms (if lucky) that think same way and work with you

Randoms (if lucky in GW2, COMMON in ESO) that think same way and work with you, VERY COMMON in ESO.GW2, someone sees you attempting to build siege at tower, scoffs and proceeds running to commander they are RELIANT on, because thats how its designed right now.STACK ON THAT COMMANDER BABY

This is ZERG vs ZERG this aint WvW, go play ESO if you want WvW. (GW2 WvW aka Zerg vs Zerg ONLY. current state)

@Jski.6180 said:Higher target caps but they just nerfed 10 targets caps for most classes. DH can still hit 10 with its traps but i guess that why there are more DH.

I don't think this will solve itZerg is usually a train

You still gonna get rekt by that 70 man train.They can hit more people too now. Its not just you hitting everybody. Now 70 every single person in the 70 man train hits everybody.

Need to make solo and small groups more effective

Game needs to start its SCALING process at 1 person.Not 10 people or whatever its at now.

Can you solo a wasteland keep lord in 2 minutes or less?What about EoTM keeps? Can you do them solo?

Thats why those modes are abandoned and not played much anymore.Scaling starts at 10 people or so.

Scaling at 1 person, means more opportunties to do things. No longer RELIANT on zerg commander OR randoms (if lucky) that think same way and work with you

Randoms (if lucky in GW2, COMMON in ESO) that think same way and work with you, VERY COMMON in ESO.GW2, someone sees you attempting to build siege at tower, scoffs and proceeds running to commander they are RELIANT on, because thats how its designed right now.STACK ON THAT COMMANDER BABY

This is ZERG vs ZERG this aint WvW, go play ESO if you want WvW. (GW2 WvW aka Zerg vs Zerg ONLY. current state)

You realy dont have 70 most of the time. If you have skill that hit 10 target it lets you take out chunks of big groups with out being a major threat by the size. There even a point to make that no cap would be better as your big groups can stack and make a dmg skill that could do 20 k over time and down ppl but make the skill hit so many ppl over that time 5 each time where it now only is doing 1k per person wich is well with in the abitly for self support to deal with.

Fatalism is not a good thing and make every chose and point of view pointless. GW2 wvw can be fixed like any thing else but it takes real word from anet.

Sometimes you can solo a T3 keep if you time it right and no one is on (or they won't stop obsessing over stupid middle fort).

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Try spvp. U will love it!

Hopefully they make CANTHA open world PvP. Have a wilderness area like in Old School Runescape.Then I can just do that and never worry about PvP and WvW.IMO Open World PvP > PvP and WvW combined.

You clearly have not played enough to have a notion how just colossally bad that idea is.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Sometimes you can solo a T3 keep if you time it right and no one is on (or they won't stop obsessing over stupid middle fort).

Agreed.

Though I know MY limitations. I could get in and get to the lord, but I wouldn’t be able to solo them. I just am not good enough to do that.

I think what the OP fails to realize is Havocing is often as fun as roaming. Making a servers Zerg freak out and run back to their EBG or their BL to defend something can be one of the most satisfying moments in the game.

We had a group of 5 of us keep one of the celebrity commanders coming back to their garrison (T3) 4-5 times in a matter of an hour.

They didn’t wipe us any of the times, and we escaped to come back.

THAT is fun to me.. ?

Now... did we end up in 5vX skirmishes from that? Yes! Which is what made it fun. But his Zerg didn’t touch us.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Yep the ordinary lords. The ones that turn the floor into lava, AoEs everywhere, good luck with that. Those guys need a toning/scaling down.

No I meant all lords, if unopposed; you should never have any trouble with a few people. As for the fire lord, it is a bit tricky, but the game has a place where you can learn how to beat it:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge_Instructor