RIP, my Guild Wars friend.

I've played this game since the beginning and met many incredible people along the way. One of those friends was Judith (AKA Kathara, Fyrehawke, numerous others) and I was lucky enough to play with her for several years. She loved the Ranger class and almost every character she had was some form of Ranger. She was extremely generous and always willing to help anyone she met with their game goals, no matter how big or small. She even took several of us back to the original Guild Wars to help us work on our Hall Of Monuments and learn more of the lore behind the games.
For as kind as she was, she was also a very tough woman and spent many years battling illness. Despite the pain, she remained upbeat and optimistic. Unfortunately, cancer finally got the best of her on February 28th, 2021 and Tyria lost one of it's greatest champions. May your legend continue to be told for centuries to come, my friend.

I appreciate all you kind words. You guys are awesome.

@Hypnowulf.7403 said:Hm, I wonder if one of her characters will make it into the game as an NPC? For someone who loves a game so, that's always a good way to remember them. I don't know how much ArenaNet does that sort of thing though.

I'm sure she'd have loved that. I wish I was able to make a statue of her for our Guild Hall, but the statues aren't quite that in-depth.

Judith aka Kathara Fyrehawke was my GW2 mentor. She helped me catch up I my story since I came in later into the game. We then went back through the story to finish map AP. She was so proud when I made it up the Mad King’s Tower. Then she asked me to jump her toon up the tower. I said make a Asuran and I will. She made an Asuran and I jumped her up the tower! We had so much fun! We were friends in real life too.

@Hypnowulf.7403 said:Hm, I wonder if one of her characters will make it into the game as an NPC? For someone who loves a game so, that's always a good way to remember them. I don't know how much ArenaNet does that sort of thing though.

I sure hope not. Aria Venom was painful to listen to. Not to mention the Mary Sue kind of power compared to all other NPCs.

This saddens me greatly. I can't imagine the pain whenever new content comes out and realizing she won't be here to explore it, since obviously she was full of love for guild wars. My sincere condolences. "Heart is also a garden, though burned it will bloom again one day."

Thanks for keeping things modest by not asking for a memorial in the game in the OP! It's a rare sight for threads of this nature within game forums. It really does help keep the conversation on the person.

You have my condolences. It's nice to hear of someone who gave their own time to help make others' days better.