[Poll] Weapon for the next Thief Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

I voted other because i have a few opinions:

Any new offhand option will need to generate a combo field, and have a finisher that uses that combo field in a way that benefits the thief.

I also like the idea someone above said about a teleportation-based build for Greatswords, but for GS I think they should utilize some sort of stance dance mechanic as well, replacing steal.

Mace, because I really like the idea of a lower damage crowd control playstyle. Mainly because crowd control as a personal defense also has massive group utility. Rather than step on spellbreaker's toes and engage in overloading it with stuns and interrupts, I think it might be fun to focus thief mace around soft knockbacks, projectile reflection, pulls, and switching enemies between taunts and fears in stead. Sort of a reverse daredevil, where rather than being more agile to outmaneuver the enemies, you're focused on being the one that maneuvers them.

Voted Longbow only, because its the actually better weapon that the deadeye shoudl have received, instead of the rifle, without this idiotic kneel mechanism as a Infiltrator spec or as a rogue with have been the spec with longbow alot better, together with more supportive gameplay, lots of boon steal, trap control and a higher focus on initiative management to not run so fast out of of if you od some bursts.

However, personalyl Id love to see ANet finally adding some new weapon types, with the Chakram for Thioeves as a good midrange weapon that fills the range gap as a weapon that ha a range between 600 to 750 base and makes usage of good positioning as well to be able to hit foes multiple times.

Daredevil, or how I'd call this call ,the Marodeur focused on Dodge Styles and Mobility.The Sniper (Deadeye) focuses on Ranged Bursts to take out single targets quickly, they are practicalyl like vultures, waiting in stealth for their weak prey they can take out quickly, boring to play, but it was just a matter of time, intil the silyl counterstrike kiddies get their wish granted and such dirt finds its way into the game. Boom Headshot >.> Such an anticlimatic spec, that should never have existed, it totally ruins the fun for many in WvW and im sure pretty much in PvP as well

The Thief needs long an alternative to the dumb Rifle, Longbow would be the best alternative that is there only for either a Rogue Specialization, that is focused on Shadow Stepping, Trap Control and Boon Steals

Then theres a need for a Torch wieldign Saboteur Specialization, that is focused on Manipulations, taking over enemy powers to use them against them (Fighting Fire with fire Concept), Malfunctions so to say, and destructive forces, with access to Burning, that the Thief so far hasnt. A class Süecialization ,that is also more sturdier to fight, with more access to Protection, Stability and Resistance that provides in this case also more Group Support passively, so that this Spec provides finalyl more for group Support, than only Stealth.

Then theres the Thief Spec, that is totally focused on Shadow Macic offensively as like defensively, which makes usage of Shadow Clones to deceive foes, and to distract them, forcing foes to do thigns they do not want to do by binding their shadows and controling them like puppets, so a Thief spec that is completely based on the Control Aspect of the Game which is focused on alot of Soft and Hard CCing (for that is no silly epeen hammer needed, when you can use for this a much more stylish Scepter or Focus in an in theme based shadow magic casting style similar to Shikamaru from the Naruto Series whos binding shadows of his enemies, to control them, and let them do things against their will.)

Naturally theres the throwing weapons using Assassin/Ninja type of Thief Specialization as well, which could be much more specialized onto deadly venoms, the sealing of enemy powers as a control gameplay, the weaking of enemies through Attribute Reductions, that so far makes no class really much usage of.. its always only buff attributes here, butt attributes ther,e but yet we have no single class, which weakens foes by reducing their attributes..kind of sad.. an Assassin Spec with its specialized venoms could fill this gap together with mid ranged weaponsl ike a Chain Whip or better a Chakram.

Theres enough of good specialization gameplay elements left open for the future for the Thief.However, the game doesn't provide enough weapons for all this and personally i don't want to see Naet wasting the chance of addign a good new spec with a new weapon, for just addign then a spec, that adds a weapon, which should have been imo from begin on baseline for the Thief, like the Offhand Sword or the Longbow, so that they would have never been the need for such crap liek the deadeye.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see scepter mainhand (wand) with "Sleight of Hand" utilities and call it a magician spec... add some interesting new gameplay style to a thief, which is what I feel like elite specs should be doing... change up how the core class is played. Barring that I would like to see shield offhand, but more of a Buckler on a "duelist" spec that functions similarly to spellbreaker. Counters and parries.

I voted for Sword Offhand.

Reason:I feel that it would be cool to be like a Blade Dancer style assassin. Flashy engage/gap closing skill that allows you to dance around your target evading attacks all the while delivering a series of slashes and body blows to both weaken/cripple and apply vulnerability, an attack that fixes your target in spot and you use the other sword in a flurry of back and forth slashes, the last ability would be a stun with a backwards shadowstep allowing you to disengage to safety.