Flamethrower Scrapper

Kuma.1503

2 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

is there patch notes or something? There was an announcement that said they were gonna announce changes, but i don't see anything.

Its on the main webpage.

Applied Force has been reworked to grant stability instead of quickness and to grant extra power from might. Players now gain stability when they gain might above the threshold. Might grants bonus power (10 per stack).

Cuz that near perma stab flamethrower build definitely needed more stability and to do more kittenmage.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ellesee.8297 said:

Ft scrapper is a junk build, but I hope they get rid of juggernaut because permanent stab is just bad design.

It is, sure, but its memey and annoying. Which this just makes all of that worse because they will just get more stability than they already had on top of getting more damage *because* they have Stability and buffed power from Might, on top of all the superspeed and Swiftness procs you'll get which will increase damage further from Object in Motion.

FT scrapper loses one of their main source of quickness. Less quickness means less damage, less damage means less barrier. This could potentially nerf the build hard. Since the build already have perma stab, all the stab change does, is removing the "double CC it" counter.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, wasss.1208 said:

FT scrapper loses one of their main source of quickness. Less quickness means less damage, less damage means less barrier. This could potentially nerf the build hard. Since the build already have perma stab, all the stab change does, is removing the "double CC it" counter.

Let's sum it up real fast

> facing ft scrappers is a l2p issue

Ok, I have a counter, I can double CC it real fast
> LMAO no we remove the counter l2p fgt

Lolwut?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

FT scrapper has no utility. while it's annoying in a teamfight, it loses every 1v1 and you can just kill it by looking at it. forget about CC, just kill it. and near-perma stab FT has been around for a long time.

Just no. There is a plethora of builds that you can play in ranked that will never be able to deal with the scrapper in 1V1 and / or have to concede the node.

As I said in the general section they probably added the stab to make it competitive in pvp and the icd is going to be a major factor of balance.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

I main scrapper and my experience is that it is indeed powerful agains some builds.

FT scrapper shine agains inmovile builds but suffer greatly agains the slippery ones.

The rework to the trait is indeed a buff in general because not only the FT build benefit from it so it open the door to new build paths

• Like 2

Yeah, the FT is really strong against low mobility builds, you will find scourges complain about how it is not them but the flamethrower that is stupid.

Meanwhile when it comes to ultra mobility vs Flamethrower, for example deadeyes, they can very quickly burst down the Flamethrower scrapper while remaining out of range as they generally need to attack to defend

Damage won't be higher unless you can maintain high stacks of might, and quickness for it is going to be scarce now. Your only source would be Elixir U if you're not running Purity of Purpose. That +200 flat power is going away, which is what it needed to do. A flat +200 power for having quickness was cancer and unintuitive. They could have kept quickness and gotten rid of the flat power gain, but Scrapper's hammer is kind of screwed over by having quickness so less self quickness for it buffs hammer 4 to do its job since anet obviously doesn't want to just fix hammer 4 to not be affected by quickness.

The build still lacks any meaningful defense so pressuring it consistently with high condition pressure or big burst will still drop this build fairly quickly. And now that quickness will be more scarce, it can't turn around and just drop the enemy in short amounts of time.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:11 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Let's sum it up real fast

> facing ft scrappers is a l2p issue

Ok, I have a counter, I can double CC it real fast
> LMAO no we remove the counter l2p fgt

Lolwut?

The counter to it was to never try and CC it. The counter is to burst it down, or apply heavy condition pressure. it lacks defensively so bringing it down with raw pressure is the way to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghos.1326 said:

The counter to it was to never try and CC it. The counter is to burst it down, or apply heavy condition pressure. it lacks defensively so bringing it down with raw pressure is the way to go.

1 stack of stab and 0\1 stunbreaks, to me, speaks like you're just waiting for someone to remove that stab and nuke you.

24 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I got a question for you engi experts out there.

In order for flamethrower to do so much do you guys have to sacrifice a lot of sustain? is it very glassy?

Its super glassy. If you don't run zerker you practically tickle people. So Zerker amulet and you change your utilities to help against whatever your playing against. I tend to carry elixir c and elixir u. Elixir C because necros corrupt boons super easily, oh and  chill and cripple really mess you up.