The initial "Champions Judgement" opinion thread from "Living World" section disappeared

Please tell me that ArenaNet did not delete that thread. I don't want to believe that because it had almost full negative opinions on the episode, they decided to deleted it INSTEAD of listening of what people had to say there. I don't wanna believe that they're pretending that there isn't a problem, that everything's fine. It had over 100 people that voted on the poll and tons and tons of comments from people.

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Thanks 2

• ArenaNet Staff
On 5/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, Crono.4197 said:

Please tell me that ArenaNet did not delete that thread. I don't want to believe that because it had almost full negative opinions on the episode, they decided to deleted it INSTEAD of listening of what people had to say there. I don't wanna believe that they're pretending that there isn't a problem, that everything's fine. It had over 100 people that voted on the poll and tons and tons of comments from people.

Nothing was deleted because it was negative feedback about the game. Posts might be removed because they violate the forum guidelines, but not because the feedback is negative. 

Please continue sharing your feedback. The positive feedback tells us what we're doing well and tbqh it's nice to see, but you should also share your constructive criticism, negative feedback, and places you think stuff needs to be improved  (Within the Code of Conduct but you know this) We need that too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Nothing was deleted because it was negative feedback about the game. Posts might be removed because they violate the forum guidelines, but not because the feedback is negative. 

Please continue sharing your feedback. The positive feedback tells us what we're doing well and tbqh it's nice to see, but you should also share your constructive criticism, negative feedback, and places you think stuff needs to be improved  (Within the Code of Conduct but you know this) We need that too. 

If anet dose not respond in any way to these criticism then ppl tend to get more aggressive to try to provoke a response.

NON answer post may "win" the forms but its still a non answer post.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Maybe if ANET doesn't want negative backlash feedback for concluding stories they setup 14 years ago as the entire basis for making a new game from GW1, maybe they shouldn't release shoddy shoehorned products like this, or the Lazarus (S3E6) story before it. For as much as ANET complained how GW1 was unsustainable for them, they have sure had their share of challenges figuring out how to focus or do content with GW2 and releases like this show it.

At best GW2 is GW fanfic with the lore as far as I am concerned at this stage, and not particularly well executed or written fanfic. How much of this story is just contrived Deus Ex Machina instead of good storytelling. This is just another heavy nail in that coffin and probably the worst example since Lazarus.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow folks! The content was fine, just short. I'm ready to read the next chapter. IBS wasn't my favorite peice of storytelling and that's fine. I'm happy my game is still releasing content at a time when all my streaming shows have been severely delayed by several years due to COVID-19. Anet still has my support and appreciation for moving forward in a challenging economic environment.

• Like 3

On 5/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

In which case your moderators designate the post "off topic" which means anything we don't like that doesn't actually violate forum rules. The distrust is earned on this one, sorry to say.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

And yet it seems that this thread did get deleted with no explanation given (or at least i can;t find it anymore. There's a new thread now, but it's a different one). Even if it got derailed on the way, or if there were several posts that needed to be removed, i saw nothing in there that would justify nuking the whole topic. Besides the topic being generally heavily negative about the content, that is.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 5/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

That still doesn not answer WHY the thread was removed. Some transparancy might be in order, especially when deleting unified criticism toward content you just released.

I trust that you are fully aware of how this looks. Hence our general distrust towards any (non-)explanation for this.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Whilst I understand that the team would rather see positive feedback than negative feedback, you need to understand that there are lot of loyal Guild Wars players that have been waiting since 2007/2008 for a proper conclusion to Primordus' story.  I count myself amongst these players.

Removal of a thread that was being used as an outlet for our immense frustration and anger counts as negative feedback.  The raw, visceral nature of what was being said should be fed back to your executive team so they realise just how much they ruined this story.  And please - do not sit there and tell us it wasn't an executive-level decision that caused this.  The earnings reports paint a very plain picture, after all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

14 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And yet it seems that this thread did get deleted with no explanation given (or at least i can;t find it anymore. There's a new thread now, but it's a different one). Even if it got derailed on the way, or if there were several posts that needed to be removed, i saw nothing in there that would justify nuking the whole topic. Besides the topic being generally heavily negative about the content, that is.

The old threat had a lot more votes and a lot more comments too. The new poll is like 1/4 of the size of the old one (in both votes and comments). So yeah a new one won't be as effective as original one. Plus many people that replied on the original one were like "yeah I wrote a lot in that one I'll just summarize it here" when writing in the new one. For all I know, it may have been a tactic to minimize the "damage" caused by players because people will not spend time to re-write the same things and vote again and then ArenaNet can safely say "ehhh but we only saw a few players complain, here, look at this poll! It means the rest loved the release! Let's ignore the ones that complain!"

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Wasn’t it deleted because the poll options were edited after people voted? I’m sure that’s what others were saying 

It's just a speculation, ArenaNet said nothing about the reason. Also the edit was minor. The original negative option for the poll was "That was it...?" and people said the negavite option was too light and that it should be a lot lower than that because how bad the release was and the option was changed to "That was it? Trash release" or something like that. It still showed negative impact. Also out of so many people that voted, only a few did before the option was changed...so for like 20 people out of 150 or so, the whole thread was deleted? I really hope it's not a stupid reason like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Wasn’t it deleted because the poll options were edited after people voted? I’m sure that’s what others were saying 

If it was all about the poll, they could have either restored the original poll options, or removed only the poll, leaving the posts themselves. Instead, the whole thread just went poof. Don;t blame me for being highly suspicious about the reason why it happened.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If it was all about the poll, they could have either restored the original poll options, or removed only the poll, leaving the posts themselves. Instead, the whole thread just went poof. Don;t blame me for being highly suspicious about the reason why it happened.

Changing the poll back would have had the same issue so that wouldn't have helped.

I agree on deleting the poll though, although i don't know whether that would be better optically.

12 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

And you're too trusting.

No, I just remember we're playing a computer game. The story will have ups and downs based on our opinions. The last couple of years make it surprising they didn't pause content releases. This company is trying to push through difficult times. I already said this wasn't my favorite release but it also wasn't terrible. I had fun playing it.

• Like 1

I was in that other thread and there was someone who pointed out the changed wording of one of the options after people had already voted for it

I was surprised to find that the thread was gone the next time I went to look for it.

I don't think it was removed to hide negative comments tho, just look at the rest of the forum and you'll see plenty of complaints all over the place.

I think the fact that an option people chose when it said one thing was changed to say something else that those people may not have wanted to vote for was the reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The kitten storm gettin worse and worse for Anet ...  soon there will be no players left to play this game. Eveytime there some criticism they delete it. bad bad way to handle things...

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

No, I just remember we're playing a computer game. The story will have ups and downs based on our opinions. The last couple of years make it surprising they didn't pause content releases. This company is trying to push through difficult times. I already said this wasn't my favorite release but it also wasn't terrible. I had fun playing it.

Oh don't confuse my criticism with acting like this is some big life threatening thing, its not, its a game I agree. And I have no problem turning this game off and playing a different one or doing something else.

But releases like this as a player who has been in this universe since 2005 makes me incredibly disappointed. I'd rather them have done it properly and the game have another content draught (though I recognize not everyone might feel this way) then have these shoddy conclusions to stories setup 14 years ago as the entire basis from which GW1 was abandoned and GW2 was conceived. Just looking at the game as a whole, that's a big deal and shatters a lot of confidence.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Oh don't confuse my criticism with acting like this is some big life threatening thing, its not, its a game I agree. And I have no problem turning this game off and playing a different one or doing something else.

But releases like this as a player who has been in this universe since 2005 makes me incredibly disappointed. I'd rather them have done it properly and the game have another content draught (though I recognize not everyone might feel this way) then have these shoddy conclusions to stories setup 14 years ago as the entire basis from which GW1 was abandoned and GW2 was conceived. Just looking at the game as a whole, that's a big deal and shatters a lot of confidence.

This^

• Like 1