Warhorn's Daze is garbage

Dragonzhunter.8506

Well, Warhorn's Daze "Call of the Wild" is garbage. Is the only Daze who doesn't get 50% increase duration from Moment of Clarity. Any other Daze from Hilt Bash (Greatsword skill 5), Concussion Shot (Shortbow skill 5), Glyph of Equality (Utility), Primal Echoes (Trait from Druid traits line) get increase duration.

240 Radius is the smallest range ever, none of the other skills/utility/trait doesn't have less than 300 Range/Radius. Even the Daze from Pets in Beastmode has a longer range.

This is a joke. Why someone should sell Fury, Might, Swiftness, Unblockable, Regen and Blast (900 radius) for this 240 Radius?

I don't know what was in their mind, but this is one of the worst think they ever made.

Edited by Dragonzhunter.8506
  • Like 3

This I will agree on. 

There is zero reason to use the WH daze over literally anything else; and yes the fact that the range is smaller than a utility skill while needing to switch an entire weapon set is laughable.  

It's actually a nerf to Soulbeast as well because of losing the unblockable aspect.  In fact, Ranger now has nothing that is unblockable outside of traps, and literally nothing to grant it.  Which is wonderful considering two of the main weapons Ranger uses are bows...

This is one of those times I'd love to know what prompted the change.  Like, the patch notes literally say some stuff about Ranger being too mean to PvE bosses and then randomly, at the end, we have this. 

I swear, there probably was a meeting with people drawing nonsense on a whiteboard and someone goes 'oh you know what, Warhorns are loud man! It should daze!'; and that's how we got the change.  

• Like 4

Yeh I tried warhorn today in 2v2.  It's laughable.  You pratically have to move to melee range to get daze effect.  It's awkward for a support weapon to be used to full effect by moving yourself into the heat of the battle, especially when rangers spend most of their time away from foes.   They might argue "well , it can help you to run away from melee attackers".  Yeh, I always switch to warhorn and use a buff skill to run away.   This radius should be 450 at least.    Or they can do either fear 1s  or slow  at 600 range instead.   It's like necro has fear on demands anywhere they want with marks. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's actually a nerf to Soulbeast as well because of losing the unblockable aspect.  In fact, Ranger now has nothing that is unblockable outside of traps, and literally nothing to grant it.  Which is wonderful considering two of the main weapons Ranger uses are bows...

Lol, I didn't notice they took out the unblockable from Warhorn ... I mean they didn't say anything about this ... 

Edited by Dragonzhunter.8506
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This I will agree on. 

There is zero reason to use the WH daze over literally anything else; and yes the fact that the range is smaller than a utility skill while needing to switch an entire weapon set is laughable.  

This is one of those times I'd love to know what prompted the change.  Like, the patch notes literally say some stuff about Ranger being too mean to PvE bosses and then randomly, at the end, we have this. 

I swear, there probably was a meeting with people drawing nonsense on a whiteboard and someone goes 'oh you know what, Warhorns are loud man! It should daze!'; and that's how we got the change.  

Signet of the hunt still grants 10 stacks of the unblockable buff.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Signer of the hunt still grants 10 stacks of the unblockable buff.

Signet of the Hunt is not a really good choice thou, the stacks don't work as intended and piercing or unblockable attacks seems to use those stacks as well. 

Also the CD of 40 seconds is just bad. Compare that signet to Warrior's Signet of Might, which offers extra power and addtional damage in a 25 seconds cd. 

This patch actually made me angry, so many wrongs in just one day. 

• Like 3

I really do not like the visual effect on top of my Verdarach's one

As a Druid, I really do not see the point of the daze. No clue about Soulbeast because I don't play it at all, but it seems to me a SB should not use a Warhorn at all.

On top of it, I cannot pre-cast might with the Warhorn when close to some Boss without starting the fight.

Used to use it to speed my slow kitten a bit when running somewhere. Now, I usually will just daze a random mob and slow myself down even more instead of getting some speed.

It seems again and again, people not playing the class at all are in charge with changes.

Also, the time limit/reduction on all buffs sux big time.

Edited by Deepcuts.9740
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This I will agree on. 

Because Anet put 0 effort into this patch for the class

They wanted to get rid of Slb stacking because it's only a problem when we do it so they nerfed our damage

They wanted to get rid of pew pew builds so they got rid of one of our "unblockable attacks" sources

They evidently felt a little pity for us so they decided to throw Druid a meaningless bone by putting daze on warhorn assuming "stun in pve = good" as no one uses the weapon outside of healbotting

• Like 2

i actually have no idea why they added the daze, but the increased animation speed feels really good. WH is such a weird weapon in pvp. WH#4 is just a terrible ability. 

in pve on the Druid specifically, WH has immense utility. both abilities are just jam packed with PVE benefits. it's as if they just wanted to buff the Druid in pve by buffing a weapon that only Druid picks. that's fine I guess. 

all problems with power offhands in pvp have to do with how LB and GS are overdesigned. they have blocks, invis, damage, CC, utility... everything in 2 weapons. using anything else on a power build massively gimps you. 

Edited by mistsim.2748

53 minutes ago, mistsim.2748 said:

i actually have no idea why they added the daze, but the increased animation speed feels really good. WH is such a weird weapon in pvp. WH#4 is just a terrible ability. 

in pve on the Druid specifically, WH has immense utility. both abilities are just jam packed with PVE benefits. it's as if they just wanted to buff the Druid in pve by buffing a weapon that only Druid picks. that's fine I guess. 

all problems with power offhands in pvp have to do with how LB and GS are overdesigned. they have blocks, invis, damage, CC, utility... everything in 2 weapons. using anything else on a power build massively gimps you. 

Axe axe + GS would like to have a word with you 😉

1 hour ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Axe builds are okay, but I think this is something that you can apply a bit more broadly across the entire class, honestly.

You more or less NEED a ranged weapon, because ranger isn't a great toe to toe class, and so your choices become fairly limited, and GS is an incredibly strong weapon. 

It's actually something I've been curious about when it comes to the next elite spec as well. Like, a brawler spec? Bunny thumper or something? The elite itself has to be extremely overloaded so that you're beefy enough to stay in. A long range condi more or less invalidates shortbow, 1hers have to compete with the ranged weapon choice + greatsword, and so on.

I don't know that LB/GS necessarily need nerfed (or rather, that doing so would actually do anything besides just make ranger worse relative to other choices), and I don't think it falls solely on those two weapons, but rather how the class ends up playing in PvP that limits your options. And most of that falls on a combination of traits, utilities, and mechanics, rather than solely the weapon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

That just because the rest of our weapons are very poorly designed

just look at torch and dagger oh

How long was torch 4 nothing but a very slow ranged projectile that simply caused some burning to the target? They finally buffed it after years of stagnating and all they did was make it splash an aoe on impact

Dagger 4 has been utterly clunky to use ever since they got rid of the increased range that allowed you to slide to your target, dagger 5 is still too slow to use effectively at range

Axe mh is a ranged weapon but you need to be in melee to get the most out of split blade

Sword is otherwise pretty good but has no spike damage like Maul because they decided it absolutely needed 2 evade skills for some reason

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Substance E.4852 said:

That just because the rest of our weapons are very poorly designed

just look at torch and dagger oh

How long was torch 4 nothing but a very slow ranged projectile that simply caused some burning to the target? They finally buffed it after years of stagnating and all they did was make it splash an aoe on impact

Dagger 4 has been utterly clunky to use ever since they got rid of the increased range that allowed you to slide to your target, dagger 5 is still too slow to use effectively at range

Axe mh is a ranged weapon but you need to be in melee to get the most out of split blade

Sword is otherwise pretty good but has no spike damage like Maul because they decided it absolutely needed 2 evade skills for some reason

Ok so GS has a disengage, hard CC, block, and spike damage.

Longbow has spike damage, massive aoe damage, massive sustained damage, disengage, and a hard CC. 

On a power build in spvp, no single hand weapon will ever be able to compete unless it's totally revamped.

So you go Sword/Warhorn let's say. You give up swoop, hard CC, and burst damage. Axes are useless because they have no defensive abilities. OH dagger is a condi weapon. Torch is condi but it's also trash.

• Confused 1