The, I have no legendary thread.

So I thought it would be fun to see if its just me 🙃 I have ascended on some characters, but not one leggy. I did pick up the start for predator last night, but it will be a few years till I have the gold to complete it lol. So who else is in ascended or exotic jail?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

To anwser your question if people have legendary for me i have too much ascended i  don't know what to do with them, my mule characters is full of them rip and all my characters are full ascended with their multiple builds..

As for legendary i only have one characters that have a full legendary armor + half legendery trinkets + some leg weapons, that about it.

So no, i'm not exotic jail.

I started to really play the game about 1 years ago to put things in perspective.

Before that, for years i was someone with 0 knowledge of the game, about 2 gold was my whole fortune, with random rare/masters gears i found hitting my head in the story until it's pass since hp sotry boss don't regen their hp..

Also i was still core ele staff until the start of IBS.

I Didn't knew what a spec or a traitline was so ....
Only play the game time to time when i wanted to advence the story at this era.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Ascended.  Lots of ascended lol.  Working on Sunrise casually, just haven't committed to making a pile of mithril swords.  Also have other collections started that accidentally kind of fill in 😁 I really don't love a particular legendary skin, stat swapping is appealing.  So for now, ascended jail is good.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Most legendaries don't look good in my opinion, I prefer my Dreamthistle Greatsword. So I'm not even trying to get one.

Maybe I'll be the Incinerator off the AH if I'm rich someday but that's pretty much it.

You could reskin your legendary greatsword with the dreamthistle skin.

• Confused 1

I'm very far away still from legendaries.

Far, far away.

I was looking through what's necessary to craft one and I just gave up.

I wonder if I'll ever get there at all.

I think not.

Because to make one, I would have to have one for each character.

It would just bug the heck out of me having only one character with a legend and not the others.

So for that reason, I'm out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

While I have the Flameseeker Prophecies, I never use it.

It's catching dust on my Guardian.

So practically, I'm also in the camp that only uses Ascended and Exotic gear.

I'm working on The Binding of Ipos though.

very slowly

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

I have 3 legendary weapons but that's it. Most of my characters are using exotic weapons and armour with ascended trinkets (because those can be bought with laurels) with a few ascended pieces scattered in there because I got them from achievements or something.

I do have 1 character in full ascended, but to be honest I don't really notice the difference going between her and my others. Going between professions I know well and ones I rarely use makes a much bigger difference.

• Like 2

Started a few legendaries as a byproduct of doing achievements but no intent on finishing any legendaries. 

I simply do not enjoy the game enough to be bothered to grind for these items. And I really do like this game. Something about farming generic mats (or gold to buy those mats) feels like a waste of my time. 

likewise I cannot bring myself to farm WvW/PvP for gifts. Such a waste of time in a terrible game mode. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is how I passively get my gold/mats for legendaries (I generally only play WvW)

Login everday even if you dont play just to grab the login dailies. (Free Laurels and Mystic Coins)

Convert Laurels to T6 mats as needed.

Sell Mystic Coins (if you already have 77 Mystic Cloverd and then only when necessary)

Happen to have any Volatile Magic lying around? Buy trophy shipments.

Dont like PvP/WvW? Just do the dailies. Camps/Sentries/Spender/Guard Killer can be completed pretty easy and 80 of the WvW potions (6 per day) can compete the gift of battle reward track.

Anything beyond that requires a bit of effort.

Edited by Draeyon.4392
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Also for information i never farmed for gold for legendary.

Farming for legendary make you burn out fast.

I'm happy enough with my speed of 1 legendary every 1 month ~ by doing only activity i really love like raids and cms.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Confused 4

i have played off and on since beta: i don't have a legendary and never will. legendarys are for rich people (in game and out) far as i am concerned. but that's ok, ascended crafted gear is good enough for me.

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Making legendary is too complicated. My head started to hurt when i was reading wiki how many gifts one legendary armor piece need. Even making one gift have many stages too. Why can't i just buy that legendary from vendor and vendor would get needed materials automatically from other characters bags, bank guilds vaults and so on. 😫

• Like 7

This was me for the longest time lol. I thought i'd never get a legendary.

But i started my WvW armor and well, 2 more pieces til the set (light).

I have no interest in weapons but i did finish Frostfang just to sell it lol. Bought the precursor so that when i want one for myself i'll have the option to do the achievement quest.

Honestly though, Armor and trinkets are the way to go if you want to do legendaries. Weapons are just a waste of money unless you sell the Gen1 or want them for their skin. A set of armor and trinkets will be wearable by all your characters that can use that armor weight, and all can use trinkets, while weapons have so limited uses that it's kind of a waste. It's cheaper to just get an ascended and change the stats when you neeed it.

I'm not even going to start with runes and sigils lol, those are the "i have no idea what else to do in this game so i'm crafting legendary runes and sigils" items.

If you don't have a legendary, don't feel bad, they're mostly useless unless you WvW and switch builds often. First thing i did when i got my first legendary armor piece was to set it to the exact same stats i already had and put the exact same rune and infusion in there. Weeeeeee "prestige" lol, and i kept on doing that for each new piece. 😅 It came in handy when i changed my build after the patch, sure, but it's overall usefulness depends on how often you do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Game of Bones.8975 said:

My wish is to get Warbringer or Ad Infinitum, but I don't have the time to focus on either one to gain the world ranks needed to gather the required components.

this is why pursuing legendary items are decathlons as opposed to 10K sprints.

Warbringer is the most easiest legendary to get imo. as long as ur sever doing well. you wont have problem by getting it. just keep running 1~2hrs wvw everyday you can make that in a month. 

Edited by JUN YANG.4328

1 hour ago, fixit.7189 said:

i have played off and on since beta: i don't have a legendary and never will. legendarys are for rich people (in game and out) far as i am concerned. but that's ok, ascended crafted gear is good enough for me.

legendary is not something you cant reach. i dont craft any ascended gear. but i do had 11 legendary (working on 12th). you just need to make up your mind to start. like gen 1 weapon, you can craft one in 3 month with no rush. the starting point is to buy the precursor and get dungeon token. other then it just take times. its so much easier to get Gen1 legendary these day. the last legendary weapon ( the flameseeker) i spent less then 2 month to finished.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Warbringer is the most easiest legendary to get imo. as long as ur sever doing well. you wont have problem by getting it. just keep running 1~2hrs wvw everyday you can make that in a month. 

I can't find 1-2 hours a week to play these days. I'm basically logging in, harvesting my home instance and guild, and logging out.

I used to play 5+hours a day not long ago, but my job has a ton of OT now.  And I'm saving up for next year's vacation.

Warbringer does seem to be one of the easier Legendary pieces to acquire: it's just a grindfest for Skirmish Claim Tickets, Badges, Testimonies, and such.  You also need World Rank 350 with a Commander and I'm still at 50 (with a Commander).

Thanks for the encouragement, though.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Game of Bones.8975 said:

I can't find 1-2 hours a week to play these days. I'm basically logging in, harvesting my home instance and guild, and logging out.

I used to play 5+hours a day not long ago, but my job has a ton of OT now.  And I'm saving up for next year's vacation.

Warbringer does seem to be one of the easier Legendary pieces to acquire: it's just a grindfest for Skirmish Claim Tickets, Badges, Testimonies, and such.  You also need World Rank 350 with a Commander and I'm still at 50 (with a Commander).

Thanks for the encouragement, though.  :classic_biggrin:

350 rank maybe the hardest part for you. but by the time you got all "skimish claim ticket" should be not far away. if you dont have 1~2hrs thats ok. you can work on it slowly. first thing to craft a legendary is DONT rush. just enjoy ur game time.   imo wvw is fun. with good sever. its really like into battlefield. run with zerg group it will start to build up ur play skill . and if you lucky something you can get random drop of ascended gear.  good luck.😄

• Like 2