WARCLAW MOUNT SKIN

Pablo.3259

WARCLAW MOUNT SKIN  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which inspired animal warclaw skin on this list would you like to ride the most ?

• Cheetah
    • Chimera
    • Cerberus
    • Rhino
    • Hippo
    • Alligator
    • Buffalo
    • Elephant
    • Sand Shark
    • Dolyak
    • Ant
    • Golem
    • Kiwi
    • Horse
    • Panda
    • Hyena
    • Ostrich
    • Boar
    • Red Panda
    • Lama

Horse.

In most RPGs with mounts your first one is a basic brown horse and you have to do a lot more to get anything as exotic and cool looking as a raptor or other mythical creatures. In GW2 your first mount is a raptor and you can quickly grow your stable of weird mythical creatures and then buy skins to make them look even more unusual. I'd like to see it come full circle with a brown horse (dyable of course, but brown by default) as a skin for one of the more difficult to obtain mounts. Obviously the skyscale and griffon are out since they fly and horses are not known to do that, so that leaves the warclaw as the best choice.

(It also fits in-universe because in Tyria horses are known but never seen and assumed by players to be mythical, extinct or from so far away they're practically mythical.)

• Like 3

Nearly half of these options would require different animation rigs, and most of the remainder should still have a different rig to look any good.

Of the realistic ones, I feel cheetah would be more suitable for a jackal skin (what's the point in a slow cheetah?) but a heavily armoured warhorse might be an interesting choice.

• Like 2

None of them sound great given Warclaw is our only mount and all of them would feel the same. I run as much as I can already anyway since our only mount animation runs like those stop motion demon dogs from Ghostbusters. Either give us the actual Griffon or give us a unique Mount or two. 

Cerberus, with the caveat that it not be a thicc boi.  I was a huge fan of the aesthetics of the 2k gem Warclaw skin, but actually riding it provided an effect similar to playing a Norn.  The model is simply too large which makes it feel slower despite being the same speed as any other Warclaw.  A Cerberus skin just feels like something that would be easy to oversize. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:46 AM, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

I vote for Dolyak. I often zerg as a red dolyak so would be cool to ride one,

ANet, your losing free money here. War Doylak for the win. Oh and more shared inventory spots already I need to carry more siege across all the toons.