llama Drama

On 6/2/2021 at 9:40 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

That makes no sense, since it was mentioned multiple times that all those achievements can be finished at any point, not just during the time when they are in the Current Events category.

The statement is wrong, because any point is also RIGHT NOW and RIGHT NOW we can't finish the achievements.

I am concerned that this will not be fixed prior to the next bonus event starting.  I previously found 2 of them just farming so only got credit for getting 1 during this event so can't get a completion.  I did screenshot the 2 for proof of interaction if required. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GodofGas.8062 said:

I am concerned that this will not be fixed prior to the next bonus event starting.  I previously found 2 of them just farming so only got credit for getting 1 during this event so can't get a completion.  I did screenshot the 2 for proof of interaction if required. 

It's okay, we can just complete the achievement after its fixed.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mayga.7241 said:

If you use players as testers, then pay us money to work. Every update - bugs, problems, things not working. Why can't you hire a testing team, Anet?

Achievement does not work only for those who have already done it. If the achievement is still not done, everything works. 

This is incorrect: I don't have the achievement, was able to interact with two of the llamas and can't interact with the third one, the uplands llama.

8 hours ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

Has Anet already reacted to this bug anywhere? I know they avoid the forums for some reason, but on Reddit, or Twitter, or Facebook maybe?

I editted the very first post in this thread with an update on their feedback as soon as they posted it.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:59 AM, mindcircus.1506 said:

Ticked off about this one.

We're looking at what... 4 months worth of old content repackaged with "fresh achievements" and a Legendary Amulet to distract us from what is one of the bigger content droughts in this game?

And the Achievements are bugged?

pretty uncool.

I don't know if it's fair to be upset with ArenaNet for a "content drought" in a state that had strict guidelines for essential and non-essential businesses during the pandemic. I'm sure they want to make money selling us new shinies as much as we want to spend it buying them.

34 minutes ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

I don't know if it's fair to be upset with ArenaNet for a "content drought" in a state that had strict guidelines for essential and non-essential businesses during the pandemic. I'm sure they want to make money selling us new shinies as much as we want to spend it buying them.

If you are happy with the old missions repackaged with a Legendary amulet as a form of jingling the keys to distract you from the lack of content, I am truly happy for you.

I am not.

If you are satisfied that the repackaging contains pretty significant inconvenient bugs, then again I am happy for you.

I am not.

Threads like these are an appropriate avenue for me to express that dissatisfaction.

They are not an appropriate place for you to lecture me about the effects of the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

If you are happy with the old missions repackaged with a Legendary amulet as a form of jingling the keys to distract you from the lack of content, I am truly happy for you.

I am not.

If you are satisfied that the repackaging contains pretty significant inconvenient bugs, then again I am happy for you.

I am not.

Threads like these are an appropriate avenue for me to express that dissatisfaction.

They are not an appropriate place for you to lecture me about the effects of the pandemic.

None the less, I'll feel free to share my opinion. You can block me if you wish. And I don't think anyone is "happy" with a lack of new content. Some of us are just understanding of the situation.

• Like 1

I'm not angry or anything but it's a little annoying.  Hopefully the achievement time is extended to compensate for the inability to get it right now.  

Let's give Anet a little credit, yes it is rehashed content with some extra bits.  That's fine and it's bought a lot of players back to the game.  Thank you for doing that Anet I appreciate that because I enjoy the content.  Although I struggle with some of the achievements.  I would just like this one fixed and the time extended if it's not already.  Someone can correct me?  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Zappix.7928 said:

I'm not angry or anything but it's a little annoying.  Hopefully the achievement time is extended to compensate for the inability to get it right now.  

Let's give Anet a little credit, yes it is rehashed content with some extra bits.  That's fine and it's bought a lot of players back to the game.  Thank you for doing that Anet I appreciate that because I enjoy the content.  Although I struggle with some of the achievements.  I would just like this one fixed and the time extended if it's not already.  Someone can correct me?  Thank you.

AFAIK, the achievements will exist forever. Once we hit the next episodes, the CURRENT meta event will move from Bonus Events to Side Stories, but you can still complete them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

And yet you are the only one who chose to virtue signal over it by calling me out and publicly proclaiming your "understanding".

I wonder why that is...

It's virtue signalling to point out a company would have faced thousands and thousands of dollars in fines, and potentially further sanctions of Washington State's health department for violating Inslee's Safe Start guidelines to bring you new content?

Huh. And here I was thinking you were the problem, weighing all that against your distaste at having to touch a pixel llama twice.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, BadHealer.3608 said:

The statement is wrong, because any point is also RIGHT NOW and RIGHT NOW we can't finish the achievements.

"Any point later on" is what I meant, and that should have been self-explanatory, but hey... 😉

Anyways, it stands that you do not have to finish those event achievements during their respective week. You can do it later and will still receive the reward(s).