Infinite gathering tools.

I wish the infinite gathering tools could be added to the legendary armory.

Wish a set could be used on all character not having to constantly switch from one character to another.

And yes I know about the shared slots  and already using them like that but its just stupid specially when monster's constantly put you in combat so you always have to wait for them to be swappable before changing character.

The Value of a full set of tools from TP can not be recovered even if you were to play constantly for years. I feel like once you own a set of them you should be able to get copy's of that for each character. 

Maybe as a note add this to legendary armory.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

As much as that would be a QoL, I'd actually hate to see this implented. Mostly cuz i have like 8 sets of unbreakable tools. If only one set is suddenly needed to outfit all characters, what happens to those people who have bought several sets? Do we get a refund?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

As much as that would be a QoL, I'd actually hate to see this implented. Mostly cuz i have like 8 sets of unbreakable tools. If only one set is suddenly needed to outfit all characters, what happens to those people who have bought several sets? Do we get a refund?

Maybe they could give you for turning the extra in to a merchant a chest that gets you a account bound glyph of your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats the eqvivalent of adding ascended to the legendary armory. Why wouldnt we do that? Here is a subtle hint:

THEY ARE NOT LEGENDARIES

If they make legendary gathering tools, fine I dont see a problem. One of the 4 pieces needed, The Gift Of Tools take 1000 mystic coins to make? Sounds great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

First world problems! 🤣

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Thats the eqvivalent of adding ascended to the legendary armory. Why wouldnt we do that? Here is a subtle hint:

THEY ARE NOT LEGENDARIES

If they make legendary gathering tools, fine I dont see a problem. One of the 4 pieces needed, The Gift Of Tools take 1000 mystic coins to make? Sounds great!

They kind of are, you can (afaik) change glyphs in them and they're the best ones you can get, there's no better. Sounds like legendary to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

THEY ARE NOT LEGENDARIES

Or that yes. I like the ideea.

23 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

ha ! this is the same question the people who have more then 3 sets of legy armor have been asking, the answer if that is implemented you gonna have to delete extras, no one forced you to buy 8 sets of unbreakable tools, buyer beware and all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That will happens only when they will add the "account bount items armory"...

Jokes aside, those are shop items so it will never happens.

If you don't want to buy permanent tools for every character, just buy a "Shared Inventory Slot" and a "Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract".

By the way, I have 24 sets of permanent tools (one for each character) and I don't regret it.

4 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

If you don't want to buy permanent tools for every character, just buy a "Shared Inventory Slot" and a "Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract".

By the way, I have 24 sets of permanent tools (one for each character) and I don't regret it.

Thank you for spending to get so many tools mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

The middle ground here it think is, Shared permanent tool slots in the character UI so the hassle of constantly equipping/unequipping is removed, in the end it is just a shared inventory slot but just for the tools.  

• Thanks 1

I won't mind if there will be mechanics to auto-equip new gathering tool from inventory if current one broke down, that could be new Central Tyria mastery.

But, Infinite gathering tools are not craftable legendaries. Armory is not place for them.

But to say a word about infinite gathering tools, two glyph slots could be fun.

What's wrong with keeping the infinite tools on the toon you wanna use for heavy farming, and just use regular tools for the rest?

For random harvesting the regular tools are just fine, and when you wanna farm some mats heavily, switch to the toon with the infinite tools..

Edited by vinterberg.2783

7 hours ago, vinterberg.2783 said:

What's wrong with keeping the infinite tools on the toon you wanna use for heavy farming, and just use regular tools for the rest?

Nothing wrong with it, but there are things you can gather more than once if you switch to another character. This is why some people might buy multiple infinite gathering tools, so they can move quickly through a rotation of characters farming these materials without having to constantly equip/unequip their tools and ship them off to the next character (this is viable for people who don't want to buy multiple sets, it's just more tedious). Often this is done because what's being farmed is then traded in for materials, gold, or some other goal that's made far more efficient with conversion of gathered goods than other, more direct methods.

As to the question of compensation for people with multiple sets (if a change like OP wants was made), I wouldn't be opposed to them getting a glyph choosy box or something, but I also don't really feel like they're entitled to anything when one set of infinites would have been perfectly serviceable. Same goes for all those people who claim they have 18 sets of legendary armor. The compensation over the years was the convenience.

I have one set of infinite gathering tools that also provides additional volatile magic. I have no desire to own another set at all. I can convert that volatile magic over to obsidian shards and thus these tools are all that I really want. If I want other stuff like unbound magic, well, there are dedicated zones for that and quite frankly, I enjoy the harvesting experience.