Skip the Laurel Bag, just deposit as soon as bouncy is open. Inventory

3 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ok, saved me a click. Those clicks add up. Now at 4 interactions instead of 5.

No, you don't need to deposit anything. It's literally a single click for laurel days. I hope you have your password copy pasted and no sms authentication when login in, that's a ton of clicks too. 

Just like I hope you're not talking to anyone in game, (or forums) as typing on your keyboard must really hurt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Math.5123 said:

No, you don't need to deposit anything. It's literally a single click for laurel days. I hope you have your password copy pasted and no sms authentication when login in, that's a ton of clicks too. 

Just like I hope you're not talking to anyone in game, (or forums) as typing on your keyboard must really hurt. 

I might be learning something here, so be clear.

Are you saying that if I right click the chest, and it is a laurel bag, it will deposit directly into my wallet?

If this is true, then it could have been said at the start, but I don't think this is true.

2 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I might be learning something here, so be clear.

Are you saying that if I right click the chest, and it is a laurel bag, it will deposit directly into my wallet?

If this is true, then it could have been said at the start, but I don't think this is true.

It will be instantly deposited into your inventory. But it circimvates the accept option. 

Not sure why people are so against this.  Laziness or not, I find it redundant to click on a bouncy chest, click OK from the day window then open inventory and click on the bag. It doesn't seem like much, but all of this adds up especially if you play WvW or PvP track rewards where you literally have bags in bags in bags ; turning this into an inventory clog problem eventually.

In the past, completing dailies (and monthlies) would auto deposit the laurel after clicking OK on the completion window.

I'm pretty sure the reason why ANet does this kind of thing is because of some study that demonstrates people feeling "rewarded" after clicking on some kind of digital container vs. instantly getting it without notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Is this really happening? An argument over 4 clicks per day?

No. An argument about some people getting very offensive about a simple QoL suggestion that would not hurt them in the slightest.

I mean, i don't really care about whether that suggestion gets implemented or not. Personally i had never seen it as a problem. Still, i don't see any justification for being rude to someone that suggested it (not like there's a lot of justification for being rude for any other reason).

It's not a change implementing which would somehow hurt someone. And it doesn't seem like one to require a ton of dev time and resources to implement. As such, there's absolutely no reason to be so defensive about it.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. An argument about some people getting very offensive about a simple QoL suggestion that would not hurt them in the slightest.

I mean, i don't really care about whether that suggestion gets implemented or not. Personally i had never seen it as a problem. Still, i don't see any justification for being rude to someone that suggested it (not like there's a lot of justification for being rude for any other reason).

It's not a change implementing which would somehow hurt someone. And it doesn't seem like one to require a ton of dev time and resources to implement. As such, there's absolutely no reason to be so defensive about it.

Neither side looks good here.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I mean, i don't really care about whether that suggestion gets implemented or not.

Actually, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure this is already a thing that was implemented.

A bit earlier in this thread, a poster mentioned being able to right-click bouncy chests and bypass the acceptance portion - that's legit. Works for event bouncy chests as well; it deposits things directly into your inventory/wherever. It was a QoL added within the last couple of years much like the introduction of unidentified gear (and a way to quickly salvage/ID entire stacks of it).

Still a silly thing to bring out the brass knuckles for, but given how confrontational the OP was (implying that double-clicking is an impossible chore, that dissenting users don't have jobs, that standard computer mice will shatter if they click more than twice in a row) I can understand how we got from there to here. I think people would have been a lot more chill if the OP stuck to the obvious reason for wanting direct deposit on laurels: They find opening laurel bags to be annoying. No special context required. Annoyance is relatable. Hyperbole is laughable.

EDIT: It's reset time now, so for funsies I tested it. Everybody likes science, right? Right-clicked the chest, received a bag of transmute charges in my inventory, hit it with a double-click (mouse is fine, don't worry; I run an ethical PC set-up here), charges added to my account. Three clicks total, no worse than any other loot bag that enters my inventory - and I do consider log-in rewards to be loot.

Edited by AgentMoore.9453
Now with science!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

See, I asked why?

Yep, and Danikat answered seriously (that the other rewards are items and it probably makes more sense to deliver them all the same way whether they're currency, mats, or consumables). Then you got a few silly answers, including one which referenced a recent thread where someone confused about daily log-in laurel rewards claimed they were only getting one each time. Then it got weird and now we're here. Don't worry, I make it a point to read threads before I post in them.

Gotta ask though, why request this change just for the laurels? The other log-in rewards (and most other loot) are delivered in the same manner; do those not bother you? It just seems like an awfully specific request which might be why some posters didn't take you seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's what I wondered.  Why Laurels and not Mystic Coins?  Or any other loot, whether from Log-in or elsewhere.

I know why it's in a bag, as the Devs have explained that to us, but why lament just the one container?

I kinda hoped that someone would also complain about trans charges....

It would be nice if it would just go right to the wallet.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 1:42 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Actually, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure this is already a thing that was implemented.

A bit earlier in this thread, a poster mentioned being able to right-click bouncy chests and bypass the acceptance portion - that's legit. Works for event bouncy chests as well; it deposits things directly into your inventory/wherever. It was a QoL added within the last couple of years much like the introduction of unidentified gear (and a way to quickly salvage/ID entire stacks of it).

That's not what Op was asking for though. You still get an actual bag deposited into your inventory, which you need to open in order to get laurels. there's no point to it working that way - at least not from the players' side anyway.

12 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's what I wondered.  Why Laurels and not Mystic Coins?  Or any other loot, whether from Log-in or elsewhere.

Because Mystic Coins are usable as actual items. Laurels are not. They are a virtual currency that does not even exist as an item.

Although you do have a point that Mystic Coins (and other similar cases) should also probably be delivered into the inventory directly, without all that bagception approach Anet seems so fond of.

• Thanks 1

Only 4 of the 28 rewards would actually need to be delivered "packaged". They'd need more than a single inventory spot if they were awarded unpacked, or come with some other complication. The rest would take as much or less inventory space if they were added directly instead of in a container.

• Like 1