please please please can we have some way to turn off the flapping skyscale wings

I pretty much only do bosses in this game. Which means I spend a lot of time with my toon at a gather point as we all wait for the boss event to start. That used to be just fine, but now all the skyscale people are hovering above the gather points and all I see on my screen is flapping wings. So I have to go stand somewhere else. That's not right.

• Like 9
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately some people are inconsiderate that it might be annoying to others to have their flappy mount continuously hovering.  Love my skyscale, but I don't like the flapping blocking the screen either.  Please consider your fellow players and land in a safe spot when in group events or world bosses, thanks!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

This complaint came up back when skyscales were first introduced.   As said above, some people are just inconsiderate whether it be by choice or not.

Considering how it's impossible that anyone could have avoided experiencing this, so they all know what they are doing, it is a wilful choice.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Confused 2

I really enjoy all the flapping Skyscale wings; I especially like it when all the wings flap in unison, like a beautifully choreographed dance.

What I really hate is all those people standing around on the ground, waiting for the Boss to spawn. That really bothers me! Why do they have to show up so early for these Boss events anyway?

Actually, I don't care one way or the other; after all it is an MMO game, so I expect to see folks hanging around. If it bothered me, I would play something else.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The Hot HP train has become screen full of flaps. It's quite inconsiderate to new players that don't have Skyscale because the commanders will often do the no mount or raptor only routes (which are usually faster then slowscale anyway due to all the shortcuts) but learning players won't see anything anyway because all of the flaps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

how are they bothering people with it?

A lot of players are very anti-social and dislike seeing anyone else in "their" game. The Gw2 community (in general) has a very anti-MMO mindset and prefers to play the game solo. And to Gw2 credit it is a very casual and anti-social MMO that caters heavily to single player gamers.

Part of the reason it isn't more popular in the genre I would assume

Edited by SEED.9051
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I never knew Skyscale hovering was bothering anyone lol, they're usually very much above the ground, how are they bothering people with it?

Different experiences, I suppose.  I see many players on skyscales hovering just above ground enough to kick up dust.  When there are multiples doing it, it can be annoying.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SEED.9051 said:

A lot of players are very anti-social and dislike seeing anyone else in "their" game. The Gw2 community (in general) has a very anti-MMO mindset and prefers to play the game solo. And to Gw2 credit it is a very casual and anti-social MMO that caters heavily to single player gamers.

Part of the reason it isn't more popular in the genre I would assume

I mean, sure, i sometimes play solo too, and i've seen some people like that. But this IS an MMO, you can't expect to be completely alone. Especially at meta events that are impossible to do solo, of course people gather there...

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Different experiences, I suppose.  I see many players on skyscales hovering just above ground enough to kick up dust.  When there are multiples doing it, it can be annoying.

Yeah, the low hovering ones are funny to me lol. I could see how tat would get annoying but there's other places to stand and well, Skyscale is a long collection, they earned their right to hover at event spots. 😛

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Repetitious movement of that type can be annoying however since you’re somewhat afk and don’t need to see the screen you can angle your camera so it’s not visible and/or you can open up a panel and move it to block the motion. 

They’re just playing the game and unless they come to the forum to read the thread where someone complains about it they’re very unlikely to know that it bothers some people. Expecting strangers to change whatever harmless thing they’re doing based on your dislikes isn’t going to get you very far. It’s better if you yourself do something to change what you see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I love hovering on my skyscale, especially at a low altitude so I'm kicking up dust clouds. But, I'm willing to compromise: I'll stop flapping as soon as people stop dressing up like neon signs crashed on top of xmas trees.

haha!  Some one is on the ball this morning.  Well said.

When I eventually get my skyscale I'm going out Christmas tree griefing.

It's very true though.  Christmas trees are a far worse hazard than any skyscale.  Christmas trees break my immersion, offend my eyes and generally cheapen the game.  Skyscales on the other hand add to the immersion, look kitten cool, and when they kick up the dust around you, well, that's double cool.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Skyscale is a long collection, they earned their right to hover at event spots. 😛

I'm not disputing that.  I was merely agreeing that those who hover low (seemingly on purpose, just to annoy) can be seen as inconsiderate.  I have my skyscale, and I don't hover low where players congregate.  Do you?  If so, why? 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I never knew Skyscale hovering was bothering anyone lol, they're usually very much above the ground, how are they bothering people with it?

By not being "very much above the ground", instead parking themselves squarely on top of other people. There is nothing accidental about that at all and they know exactly what they're doing.

5 hours ago, Follyfoot.2803 said:

griefing.

Well, at least you're honest on why you do it. Still, i'd tell you what i think of you and people like you, but...well, let's avoid that.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

By not being "very much above the ground", instead parking themselves squarely on top of other people. There is nothing accidental about that at all and they know exactly what they're doing.

Well, at least you're honest on why you do it. Still, i'd tell you what i think of you and people like you, but...well, let's avoid that.

No go on.  Don't be afraid, I can take it.