What are you going to do with all your ascended items?

4 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Salvaging ascended equipment will always return all upgrades intact. 

Whaaat? U sure?.... I wasted 3 upgrade extractors already im stupid.... Any Wiki link that confirms the same?

Nvm, I'll try salvaging them rightaway 😁

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Whaaat? U sure?.... I wasted 3 upgrade extractors already im stupid.... Any Wiki link that confirms the same?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Salvage_Kit

It's near the bottom, in the notes paragraph. 

Also, from personal experience, I can confirm that it works. 

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Any confirmation of how many slots this armoury would take on? I have a set of ascended rings to swap around. Would be nice if they can be kept there and save me more bank space? Does it work like that?

No it dont reason because they are not legendary.

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I'm going to wait a while before salvaging. Most of my alts (and I have a lot of them) have their ascended weapons/trinkets in place. I only have one piece of ascended armor with three more I'm working on.

I'll wait until I know more about EoD, just in case. At any rate, I don't have the salvage kits yet to salvage more than about 40 pieces and I have far more than that. So I'll be checking the fractal reliquary every day for cheap salvage kits and hoarding the ones I get from fractals.

Oh, I completely forgot that ascended items need special salvage kits. I definitely won't be salvaging anything right away then.

4 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Any confirmation of how many slots this armoury would take on? I have a set of ascended rings to swap around. Would be nice if they can be kept there and save me more bank space? Does it work like that?

This will only work with legendary items, not ascended. Legendaries will no longer take up any bank or bag space, going by the screenshot in the article they'll just sit in the equipment section of the hero panel and be accessible to all the characters who can use them. But it won't change anything for ascended items or any of the lower tiers, those will still work exactly as they do now.

I will still have need for ascended items. For example, I only have 1 legendary sword so for characters wielding 2 swords one will have to be an ascended one.

Also I don't have any legendary armor or trinkets so I will still need them. Underwater weapons...still need ascended.

Well I say I need ascended but for me it's just for kicks. I don't do high level fractals or raids so I could do with exotics.

Right now, with this news though I have good reasons to start collecting more legendary gear.

A thought occurred to me after I posted on the previous page ... it is kind of a "first world problem" maybe ... what happens to my account value if I salvage 200-400 ascended items? According to GW2efficiency.com, it looks like an ascended items can be 40-70 gold to make (for the most part). So if I take the decision to salvage all trinkets and armour and most of the weapons (leaving some off-hands, for example) I am looking at gross potential losses of 8k-28k in account value. Some of the salvaged mats might offset this a bit, but I am guessing not much. That's kind of a big ego hit for those of us who have lots of legendaries.

I don't expect much sympathy. It would appear the benefits outweight the costs.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Adzekul.3104 said:

A thought occurred to me after I posted on the previous page ... it is kind of a "first world problem" maybe ... what happens to my account value if I salvage 200-400 ascended items? According to GW2efficiency.com, it looks like an ascended items can be 40-70 gold to make (for the most part). So if I take the decision to salvage all trinkets and armour and most of the weapons (leaving some off-hands, for example) I am looking at gross potential losses of 8k-28k in account value. Some of the salvaged mats might offset this a bit, but I am guessing not much. That's kind of a big ego hit for those of us who have lots of legendaries.

Feel free to keep them clogging your inventory for a third party (non Arenanet) ranking arbitrary system that has no reward for being at the top. The only ranking system currently in place by Arenanet is achievement points as there is a leaderboard on the website for it.

Also keep in mind if someone with extremely high disposable income wanted to they could probably be instantly at the top of the gw2efficiency ratings just by buying a load of legendaries and other high value items.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Adzekul.3104 said:

Well in the real world stuff gets written off over time, so just look at it that way. The value of most of these ascended items for your account is zero because they're old enough to've been written off. So anything you can still get with them is a bonus.

wish anet introduce some kind of recipe to convert globs of dark matter and balls of dark energy into mystic coins.. that way, u get some value out of the salvaged ascended.. one can hope right? or ppl gonna throw rocks at me for involving mystic coins? as some ppl get offended real soon if anyone ask for a new mystic coin source and start fighting in forums 🤣😂

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Feel free to keep them clogging your inventory for a third party (non Arenanet) ranking arbitrary system that has no reward for being at the top. The only ranking system currently in place by Arenanet is achievement points as there is a leaderboard on the website for it.

Also keep in mind if someone with extremely high disposable income wanted to they could probably be instantly at the top of the gw2efficiency ratings just by buying a load of legendaries and other high value items.

They wouldn't even need to do that. GW2 Efficency counts unspent gems as part of your account value, so all they'd need to do is buy a bunch of gems and just leave them sitting there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 6:15 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm not sure how this armory will work.  But, I only have two legendary weapons, and no legendary armor.  Maybe if I get the armors someday I'll go on a salvage spree, but that's a big "maybe".  I don't get any statistical bonuses above ascended, and I already have all the gear sets I want, so legendary armor is a low priority.

Also, getting into raids has been nigh unassailable for me.  

Exactly, there's a lot of us who will still need ascended gear. I'm a few steps away from making my first legendary armor set, and until that time I will be keeping all my asc gear, and even after that I will require all my light and medium ascended gear.

And for weapons and trinkets, I'm far away from making all those I want, so it's nice to have ascended gear while working on the legendary.

And once I have the legendary it will feel like a bonus/reward to finally salvage the ascended pieces I no longer require. Exactly how it should be for all those who has everything legendary already.

To be able to finally salvage all those ascended, it's going to be legen-wait for it- dary!!

• Like 2

The only character I truly play is my main (I have a few more so that once in a while I can play other professions and races I like and complete maps with them), and she’s full ascended. I don’t have any legendary yet, but I’m slowly working on getting the armor. Once I have it, and assuming we won’t be able to have different transmutations/skins per template, I’ll keep the ascended armor for one look (e.g. cultural armor skins) and the legendary armor for the rest. And if I ever want one or two more looks, I can get more ascended. 

So, pure aesthetics 🙂 

Edited by TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

15 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

Assuming that the Legendary Armory is going to work best with characters who have 6/6 equipment template loadout slots unlocked, I guess I will be holding on to my ascended items for quite some time.

What you just said makes absolutely zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

Care to explain? Because it makes perfect sense to me.

No, because the legendary armoury has nothing to do with how many equipment templates you have. 2 or 4 or 6 it makes no difference - the armoury is working just as good on that character regardless of the number. 

You could argue it works best with more characters which by actually default means it work better with fewer equipment templates unlocked.