Please remove Ember Bay JP from "Returning Champion" achievements :(

Please for mercy I beg you to delete that jumping puzzle achievement from Ember Bay map that is mandatory to complete the "Returning Champion" achievements, many of us simply do not have the skill level to complete a jumping puzzle of such extreme difficulty, right now I have given up after trying for hours and I am aware that this is the case for many more players apart from me, are we condemned to not get a legendary amulet just because we can't complete a JP? It seems unfair to me 😞

Edited by Mitakuye Oyasin.6159
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 4

Takes like 15 minutes if you're bad, come on now. There are enough mesmers around that get you through it, so do it right now before they move on.

This game is beyond easy if you just talk to the hundreds of other players there doing the same thing, not having a single issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Takes like 15 minutes if you're bad, come on now. There are enough mesmers around that get you through it, so do it right now before they move on.

This game is beyond easy if you just talk to the hundreds of other players there doing the same thing, not having a single issue.

I'd like to see a 15 minute no mesmer run if you can upload one. 

Because 'mesmers can port you' is the worst excuse this game has for JPs...they should have outlawed ports like they did mounts and I guarantee you'd see this forum flow with salt.  

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

hmm.... No.

49 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

It seems unfair to me 😞

What seems unfair is that you think you deserve any reward you want without completing the content that's tied to it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

I was in the same boat.  Wanted to do it on my own but tried for hours and couldn't.  Use the LFG option and find a group with a helpful Mesmer or two that will port you through.  Got in a great group that ported me through the entire thing in about 5 minutes.  Be sure to tip your "porters"!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Because 'mesmers can port you' is the worst excuse this game has for JPs...they should have outlawed ports like they did mounts and I guarantee you'd see this forum flow with salt.  

Here you go:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Blocki.4931 said:

I know that there are harder JP in the game and that this game can be easy for many, but also many of us who play this game cannot afford to spend hours every day playing because we have a life outside, work, studies, etc. and we only play several hours a week, I am just saying that I find it unfair that the casual gamer who cannot afford to play 3 hours or more on a daily basis and doesn't have a great skill level has to give up certain items like the legendary amulet because it is not feasible for him/her to complete a JP of a difficulty that seems ridiculous to me.

I bet that those like Ulrich.7253 who says "I'm whining" and those who laugh are precisely the ones who can spend 5 or more hours every day playing, well, congratulations to these people.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

A bunch of mesmers are porting people. I myself ported many people when I did mine. Most seem willing/happy to help if you ask.

Also another simple option is arguably to just wait till the return to events reaches Living World 4 in a few weeks and buy a rewinder and just use that. With the rewinder you can set a return location and instant cast 2 skill to "return" (even works mid air falling). Then you dont need a portal, just a little patience. Its shorter and more doable than you may realize, but I understand how impossible it can seem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I know that there are harder JP in the game and that this game can be easy for many, but also many of us who play this game cannot afford to spend hours every day playing because we have a life outside, work, studies, etc. and we only play several hours a week, I am just saying that I find it unfair that the casual gamer who cannot afford to play 3 hours or more on a daily basis and doesn't have a great skill level has to give up certain items like the legendary amulet because it is not feasible for him to complete a JP of a difficulty that seems ridiculous to me.

I bet those who laugh and say "I'm whining" are precisely the ones who can spend 5 or more hours every day playing, well, congratulations to those people.

You’re playing an MMO which typically takes a lot of time and especially if you’re going for a legendary. 

You also have maybe 4-5 months to do the JP before the amulet is actually obtainable. I don’t see the point of the complaint when it’s only been two days. 

The whole time argument doesn’t matter as there are those who fall under the same conditions that you listed, and may even be worst off than you, who have managed to complete the JP just fine. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

8 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Here you go:

There's a ton of cuts in that that take out failed attempts and waiting for cooldowns to come back up. To get a sub 15 minute run, you would need to do everything perfectly and know where to go beforehand, something a player doing it for the first time wouldn't know.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zephire.8049 said:

There's a ton of cuts in that that take out failed attempts and waiting for cooldowns to come back up. To get a sub 15 minute run, you would need to do everything perfectly and know where to go beforehand, something a player doing it for the first time wouldn't know.

Whether there were cuts or not for fails, it was completed in under 15 minutes disproving the person that I had quoted who said that it couldn’t be done. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

34 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Less than 3 minutes, continuous video. Some clever shortcuts taken but all the checkpoints are hit, no ports taken.

Honestly, I don't think I could ever complete this given any amount of time, because I'm terrible at jumping. But that doesn't bother me, I just take portals. They are not hard to find - right now there's a bunch of mesmers doing it and even when the map is kind of dead you can find someone who can help by asking around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What seems unfair is that you think you deserve any reward you want without completing the content that's tied to it.

You missed the point completely, I have 3 legendaries and I don't think I deserve any good reward without completing any content, can you interpret what you read?

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I know that there are harder JP in the game and that this game can be easy for many, but also many of us who play this game cannot afford to spend hours every day playing because we have a life outside, work, studies, etc. and we only play several hours a week, I am just saying that I find it unfair that the casual gamer who cannot afford to play 3 hours or more on a daily basis and doesn't have a great skill level has to give up certain items like the legendary amulet because it is not feasible for him/her to complete a JP of a difficulty that seems ridiculous to me.

I bet that those like Ulrich.7253 who says "I'm whining" and those who laugh are precisely the ones who can spend 5 or more hours every day playing, well, congratulations to these people.

It only takes a few minutes to complete the Jumping Puzzle with the Mesmers currently in the map helping out.

I certainly don't play 5 hours per day, more like 30 mins to an hour (barring Release days), and I found time to take advantage of the kind and helpful Mesmers this week.  I suggest you do the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

You missed the point completely, I have 3 legendaries and I don't think I deserve any good reward without completing any content, can you interpret what you read?

No, I didn't miss the point. You cry about "having to do jp to get amulet". If you want to cut the required content (like this jp) out of amulet acquisition, then you think you just deserve getting it because you want it. If that's not true, then what point EXACTLY are you making with this thread?

(nah, that's exactly what you wanted, you literally started with "delete this jp from requirements" -so much for being unable to interpret what I read, as if there's much room for interpretation here LOL)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Takes like 15 minutes if you're bad, come on now.

And there I was thinking that it takes you about 15 mins if you're kinda good at it. Dang.

1 hour ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

Please for mercy I beg you to delete that jumping puzzle achievement from Ember Bay map that is mandatory to complete the "Returning Champion" achievements, many of us simply do not have the skill level to complete a jumping puzzle of such extreme difficulty

There have been - and continue to be during this week's course - many LFG entries with people helping you to cheat your way through it via portals. Is it also too difficult to use the LFG and join a respective squad? :classic_wink:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, I didn't miss the point. You cry about "having to do jp to get amulet". If you want to cut the required content (like this jp) out of amulet acquisition, then you think you just deserve getting it because you want it. If that's not true, then what point EXACTLY are you making with this thread?

(nah, that's exactly what you wanted, you literally started with "delete this jp from requirements" -so much for being unable to interpret what I read, as if there's much room for interpretation here LOL)

I have not really made this request for myself alone, I can honestly live without a legendary amulet and I was starting to assume it, and believe me I have tried YouTube guides and more and still after hours I am incapable and I haven't had any luck with the mesmers, but I speak representing many players, perhaps hundreds, who are unable to complete the puzzle, it should not be normal to resort exclusively to Mesmers or at least it's not my concept of a game accessible "for all players of any level", because in the case of legendary weapons for example there is more than one alternative, such as buying the precursor and crafting the legendary one or saving gold and buying them directly in the bazaar, but here there is no alternative and that is what seems unfair and badly designed to me, maybe I'm seeing the glass half empty on this matter but frankly it saddens me because despite finding these walls of frustration I love this game.

P.D. Thanks to the ones who posted the video guide though i already tried this guide and many more, i think i'll take a break from the game and when the Ember Bay achievements come back try my luck again with this JP a 2nd time by myself and if not possible again then my last hope that are mesmers (a kind of resort that shouldn't happen because everybody should be available to do it without spending hours and hours there, but hey that's just my opinion.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5