Please remove Ember Bay JP from "Returning Champion" achievements :(

I did it once by myself, with a video guide (without is just … insert some censored words here), and it took me two or three hours. This time I had a nice mesmer (who got some donation after), but for this achievement it is just a big NO.

Don't dare to use that vulcain jumping puzzle from Draconis Mons then!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I have not really made this request for myself alone, I can honestly live without a legendary amulet

Great sidestep. First it was my bad interpretation of what I read, but now you're pretending you didn't make that request for yourself alone and of course you're just worried about the community. 🙃

Or maybe I just described exactly what you did and now you're trying to wiggle your way out of what you wanted because you don't want to appear entitled.

39 minutes ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

but I speak representing many players, perhaps hundreds, who are unable to complete the puzzle, it should not be normal to resort exclusively to Mesmers or at least it's not my concept of a game accessible "for all players of any level", because in the case of legendary weapons for example there is more than one alternative, such as buying the precursor and crafting the legendary one or saving gold and buying them directly in the bazaar, but here there is no alternative and that is what seems unfair and badly designed to me, maybe I'm seeing the glass half empty on this matter but frankly it saddens me because despite finding these walls of frustration I love this game.

Not only you're not representing anyone, but also this doesn't change anything of what I said initially:

What seems unfair is that you think you deserve any reward you want without completing the content that's tied to it.

Right? Right. You just don't like how it sounds now, but this is exactly what it is. IF you were speaking for someone else (you're not), it applies EXACTLY in the same way to those people you """represent""". Because why wouldn't it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I know that there are harder JP in the game and that this game can be easy for many, but also many of us who play this game cannot afford to spend hours every day playing because we have a life outside, work, studies, etc. and we only play several hours a week, I am just saying that I find it unfair that the casual gamer who cannot afford to play 3 hours or more on a daily basis and doesn't have a great skill level has to give up certain items like the legendary amulet because it is not feasible for him/her to complete a JP of a difficulty that seems ridiculous to me.

I bet that those like Ulrich.7253 who says "I'm whining" and those who laugh are precisely the ones who can spend 5 or more hours every day playing, well, congratulations to these people.

I'm sure plenty of people who have completed this JP are gainfully employed with families.

Casual/=potato

Edited by mindcircus.1506
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I have not really made this request for myself alone, I can honestly live without a legendary amulet and I was starting to assume it, and believe me I have tried YouTube guides and more and still after hours I am incapable and I haven't had any luck with the mesmers, but I speak representing many players, perhaps hundreds, who are unable to complete the puzzle, it should not be normal to resort exclusively to Mesmers or at least it's not my concept of a game accessible "for all players of any level", because in the case of legendary weapons for example there is more than one alternative, such as buying the precursor and crafting the legendary one or saving gold and buying them directly in the bazaar, but here there is no alternative and that is what seems unfair and badly designed to me, maybe I'm seeing the glass half empty on this matter but frankly it saddens me because despite finding these walls of frustration I love this game.

P.D. Thanks to the ones who posted the video guide though i already tried this guide and many more, i think i'll take a break from the game and when the Ember Bay achievements come back try my luck again with this JP a 2nd time by myself and if not possible again then my last hope that are mesmers (a kind of resort that shouldn't happen because everybody should be available to do it without spending hours and hours there, but hey that's just my opinion.) 

Just curious....when do you expect the 'Ember Bay Achievements' to come back?   I'm not sure the Devs are going to repeat this 'Return to....' release any time soon (if ever).

Also, I did not have luck with my first Mesmer encounter, but the next day I saw another LFG, and this Mesmer was much more helpful, and ported us (with the help of other Mesmers) all through the Jumping Puzzle.  Took about 20-30 minutes (because of stragglers/those who used the portal[s] at the wrong time/etc.).  I highly recommend you try again with the helpful Mesmers before the release moves on. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Whether there were cuts or not for fails, it was completed in under 15 minutes disproving the person that I had quoted who said that it couldn’t be done. 

Dulfy was also playing mesmer in the vid you linked...

Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong suit in this topic--I specified 'no mesmer' run not a 'no port' run, and both videos show some variation of mesmer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong suit in this topic--I specified 'no mesmer' run not a 'no port' run, and both videos show some variation of mesmer.  

So using the position rewinder would also fall under that? This JP doesn't have many difficult jumps, it's mostly a case of gliding slightly too low so you fall down. As long as you know where to go it's honestly rather easy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sure let's earn a legendary amulet and a precursor by just harvesting some trees and plants. 

Can there be some challenge in this game? Like at all? And as said by others, there are enough helpful mesmers if you don't want to do it or are unable to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Clearly a quick search before making a claim isn’t a strong suit in this topic. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Gladiotor.7561 said:

Sure let's earn a legendary amulet and a precursor by just harvesting some trees and plants. 

Can there be some challenge in this game? Like at all? And as said by others, there are enough helpful mesmers if you don't want to do it or are unable to. 

Harvesting  part was nerfed too btw kappa 

• Haha 1

Join a group in LFG or on a map who are porting.  The mesmers have risen to the challenge and some are doing guided tours for those who don't care to repeat it, don't have the time, or are dexterously challenged.  Problem solved, achievement is fine.

• Like 1

I hope not, I do not see why they would adapt the rewards to people who are not able to succeed the little challenge requested for the amulet. With that kind of attitude, you could ask for that in all areas / rewards of the game as soon as you are frustrated with not being successful.

I know it's become a habit since the beginning of the game to complain at the slightest difficulty but it would be good if it stopped. That we have at least some rewards that require investment and skills.

A few months ago, I even saw players asking that we reduce the difficulty of DRM, it becomes sad to get to this point...😔

and the worst thing  is that there is a mesmer every meter, you can literally finish it without ever doing anything

are we condemned to not get a legendary amulet just because we can't complete a JP? It seems unfair to me

And yes it is like this  in many games. When you can't do something, you don't get the reward.

What would be the point of getting a legendary item without any mini challenge from start to finish.Or they would have to rename the name of these objects, it's anything but legendary.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Join a group in LFG or on a map who are porting.  The mesmers have risen to the challenge and some are doing guided tours for those who don't care to repeat it, don't have the time, or are dexterously challenged.  Problem solved, achievement is fine.

Try it next week, and it will be way different, because most of the crowd will already move to another map. One more week, and all mesmers will be at Draconis Mons. In a month, you will be left alone with the achi.

Don't take the mesmers for granted, or included in the difficulty of this achievement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

Please for mercy I beg you to delete that jumping puzzle achievement from Ember Bay map that is mandatory to complete the "Returning Champion" achievements, many of us simply do not have the skill level to complete a jumping puzzle of such extreme difficulty, right now I have given up after trying for hours and I am aware that this is the case for many more players apart from me, are we condemned to not get a legendary amulet just because we can't complete a JP? It seems unfair to me 😞

I've a friend who plays with one hand and regularly gets 24 fps that did this JP without any help.  If they can do it, you can too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I've a friend who plays with one hand and regularly gets 24 fps that did this JP without any help.  If they can do it, you can too.

Oh, i can, and i did. Was that fun? Hell, no. It wasn't.

It's not an achievement that should be part of this kind of meta.

And, please, do not speak about difficulty and challenge. The only things that got challenged were my patience, sanity and any positive feelings i still have for this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

He wasn't talking to you?

It's not? Why?

And, please, do not speak about difficulty and challenge. The only things that got challenged were my patience, sanity and any positive feelings i still have for this game.

OP is allowed to talk about difficulty and challenge. You are able to talk about difficulty and challenge. Apparently anyone else disliking it is also able to speak about difficulty and challenge.

But if someone isn't here to complain like me? Nope, not allowed to talk about difficulty and challenge! 😄

But it's pretty simple: don't like it? Don't do it. Want the reward? Do the content. Don't want to do the content? Well, no reward associated with it. Not a new concept. Not a weird concept. That's normal and expected.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

it might not have been fun for you but it was fun for a lot of other players who don't come here to complain

Who are you to impose what should or should not be in a meta achievement ? So we have to make the rewards for this game based on your ability or not to complete a task?

and yes it is a challenge since many players find it difficult to perform more than 3 jumps without falling into the void while others manage to complete it in 15 minutes, it shows that there are different levels of aptitudes / skills.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Try it next week, and it will be way different, because most of the crowd will already move to another map. One more week, and all mesmers will be at Draconis Mons. In a month, you will be left alone with the achi.

Don't take the mesmers for granted, or included in the difficulty of this achievement.

Who takes them for granted?  Tip them well.  Next week absolutely it will be different, but for those who struggle to beyond average now is a great time to do the puzzle with all the assistance.  Also gives you a better idea of where to go and how it's done, for the unfamiliar.  I chose to join a group because I've done it previously and do not care to repeat it and short on time in the evenings.  

I do agree to try some jumping puzzles solo and when they're on busy maps for a more challenging time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

lol.

So, primarily, fun is subjective.   I had fun doing it over again, and, by comparison with other optional achievements, this is hardly as painful as world 2 zone 3 tribulation mode.  Ice physics and instant death spikes were a pain.  There's also the garbage of the Draconis Mons Jumping Puzzle with its obstructed, unclear paths. 

Secondly, the Tactical Overlay with Tekkit's guides has an optimal path for getting through  the JP.  If you closely follow the line drawn out for you, you'll make it with no problems.  You'll avoid the slip-n-slide and the jets of lava that can knock you out of gliding so it becomes even easier.  Even without this overlay, there's the portable position rewinder from season 4 that you could use to minimize the failures.  You could also just play a mesmer yourself and bring a self portal.

Thirdly, there are about 6 dozen or so people online at primetime.  A good portion of these people are mesmers porting people through the JP to each checkpoint.  You literally don't even have to jump.

Lastly, this whole series of achievements is optional.  You could just pvp if you want a legendary amulet

4 hours ago, Mitakuye Oyasin.6159 said:

I know that there are harder JP in the game and that this game can be easy for many, but also many of us who play this game cannot afford to spend hours every day playing because we have a life outside, work, studies, etc. and we only play several hours a week, I am just saying that I find it unfair that the casual gamer who cannot afford to play 3 hours or more on a daily basis and doesn't have a great skill level has to give up certain items like the legendary amulet because it is not feasible for him/her to complete a JP of a difficulty that seems ridiculous to me.

And doesn't it seem suspicious to you that someone who invests so little time in the game gets a legendary item?

On which game other than gw2, we have access to legendaries without any difficulty and full of hours of play? these items are not imperative, they do not give better statistics, it is just a skin reserved for the most competent and regular players.

if you can't spend a lot of time on the game, that's okay but don't expect to have the same items that those who spend a lot of time there, it makes sense to me ..

we are talking about the most coveted rewards of the game, it is obvious that it will be reserved for few players. It's like you want a ferrari by working 2 hours per week.

it's nothing unfair, it's totally normal

What seems unfair to me is rather the opposite, is that someone who plays 3 hours a week has access to the best reward in the game as easily and quickly as a player who spends hours and hours there.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

It really does take a lot of practice. I spent many hours on this a couple years ago after watching videos with no luck. Finally I obtained a position rewinder and was able to make it through for Aurora. When this came out on Tuesday, I actually loaded Taco and had my position rewinder, and yes it probably only took me 15 min tops. No mesmer portal required. You do have to have max gliding though or else it’s impossible. Given that you’re going for a legendary item without the money sink, the achievements have got to be somewhat challenging at a certain point. I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask to remove this. You have a couple of different ways and tools to use to do it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1