WvW skirmish claim tickets weekly cap.

Ulrich.7253

Do we Really need to have a weekly cap on skirmish claim tickets?? How does this promote gameplay? I'm just getting back into WvW so I can craft Leg. armor. Now I'm met with this obstacle! Would it really be too much to ask to remove the cap from this? What is the supposed point of it anyways? If you think that it is to keep people coming back...well... you're accomplishing the opposite!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulrich.7253 said:

Do we Really need to have a weekly cap on skirmish claim tickets?? How does this promote gameplay? I'm just getting back into WvW so I can craft Leg. armor. Now I'm met with this obstacle! Would it really be too much to ask to remove the cap from this? What is the supposed point of it anyways? If you think that it is to keep people coming back...well... you're accomplishing the opposite!

...or maybe because it's already time consuming anyways and no cap would encourage botters more than the actual players?

• Confused 1

The weekly cap is ok, what's not ok is their acquisition. It's too pasive. We need a way to exchange emblems for skirmish tickets - up to the weekly cap - so it promotes fights rather than just passive participation that's way too reliant on finishing Diamond.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

Basically the skirmish tickets come down to "you have to spend this amount of time in WvW each week." That's bunk. Needs to be alternative ways of earning.

This! Not everyone has 40 hours a week to spend in WvW, and Honestly, just "being there" is a weak way of earning rewards. We need another more active method.

I'm fine with the cap, but I'd like to use my emblems from fighting to get tickets too.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ulrich.7253 said:

Except you will come to get them, right?

4 hours ago, Ulrich.7253 said:

I'm just getting back into WvW so I can craft Leg. armor.

I suppose one of the reasons for the cap would be to keep people with motivations like that in the game mode longer than a few playing sessions. There are already enough people that go in to obtain a Gift of Battle and then dip out immediately upon receipt.

Some of us actively play WvW simply because we enjoy or even prefer the game mode....accumulating tickets to be able to obtain the legendary armour is just a passive bonus. Actively trying to track how many tickets I've accumulated would be exhausting and nerve racking.....one day I'll look at the number I have and be like "Huh, cool, I can get this with them".

Not sure why 40 hours is being quoted. It's ~22 hours if you have zero WVW ranks per the wiki , ~8 hours to hit mid gold (40% of the tickets).

See calculator at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Sure the scale could be less dramatic so that is more linear but that is not the prevailing issue right now.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Not sure why 40 hours is being quoted.

It would take a person just over 40 hours to finish their pips assuming they were the lowest rank, in last place, with no bonus pips (committed, outnumbered, commanding) for the entire duration of their gameplay.

https://gw2.limitlessfx.com/wvw/pips.php

edit: And just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue with anyone in here, I am just letting you know where the 40 hour number (probably) came from.

Edited by knite.1542

The cap is completely fine.

The main issue is tickets are weighted to the end of the Skirmish Chests, with diamond & mithril giving nearly twice the tickets for the same play time as wood.

If they just normalized the value of each pip the system would be much better.

That being said the ideal solution would be to weight tickets to the low end of skirmish chests and weight mystic coins/gold to the upper end. This way newbies get what they want (tickets), veterans get their gold, and the incentive for gold farming requires heavy investment into WvW to keep PvE players from grinding a gamemode they dislike.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Redpawa.4108 said:

The main issue is tickets are weighted to the end of the Skirmish Chests, with diamond & mithril giving nearly twice the tickets for the same play time as wood.

If they just normalized the value of each pip the system would be much better.

Normalizing things would at least remove one thing that's irked me since pips were introduced, being that the value of an hour depends on when you spend it. The difference in ticket gain between playing 25 hours in one week and spreading out 25 hours over 5 weeks doesn't feel right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

The weekly cap is ok, what's not ok is their acquisition. It's too pasive. We need a way to exchange emblems for skirmish tickets - up to the weekly cap - so it promotes fights rather than just passive participation that's way too reliant on finishing Diamond.

I think adding both would be fine: Get them in the skirmish track by a lmited ammount and also be able to use those emblems to be able to buy more tickets in a vendor who sells more stuff, like map currencies, materials (including Memories of battle or Stabilizing Matrix)  and dungeon tokens for emblems. 

that would be fantastic as increasing rewards without touching much the current systems. 

• Like 2

If they timegate stuff, people complain about it and accuse ANET of timegating so they can keep players coming.

If they don't timegate stuff, people complain about it and accuse ANET of not having enough content for them to do.

Only if ANET could make new WvW content each week...

Right, guys?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Normalizing things would at least remove one thing that's irked me since pips were introduced, being that the value of an hour depends on when you spend it. The difference in ticket gain between playing 25 hours in one week and spreading out 25 hours over 5 weeks doesn't feel right.

A better suggestion someone else once made in another thread, I think, is to maintain progress through chests at weekly reset.

Weekly cap remains the same, but you can work through to diamond chest at your own pace, over several weeks if you prefer.

• Like 1

The cap isn't an issue for me because I've never hit it, I just don't have that much time to play in a single week. But I do like the idea of being able to exchange emblems for more skirmish tickets. I've already got far more of them than I'll need. For now they're just sitting in the bank because they stack so it doesn't take up more space than storing 1, but it would be nice to have something to do with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I think adding both would be fine: Get them in the skirmish track by a lmited ammount and also be able to use those emblems to be able to buy more tickets in a vendor who sells more stuff, like map currencies, materials (including Memories of battle or Stabilizing Matrix)  and dungeon tokens for emblems. 

that would be fantastic as increasing rewards without touching much the current systems. 

Yeah, both is fine. Someone could either finish Diamond for weekly cap, or fight more and exchange emblems for whatever tickets they missed from the track that week. And Diamond čest still remains relevant because of the Mystic coins in it so it won't become useless to people.

30 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

A better suggestion someone else once made in another thread, I think, is to maintain progress through chests at weekly reset.

Weekly cap remains the same, but you can work through to diamond chest at your own pace, over several weeks if you prefer.

That's also a possibilizy but it still count as passive acquisition. And prolongs ticket gain as people who can't finish Diamond still can't reach a weekly ticket cap. The point is to give more fight active players a way to reach the cap and have something to do with their emblems.

What if they introduced something like the old tournament achievements, but on a weekly basis to coincide with matches and rewarding extra skirmish tickets and other things which would be useful for WvW players? The achievements could be tailored to give players an extra incentive to actually go after objectives and actively play WvW rather than passively maintaining participation while they wait for tickets.

It might also make it slightly easier for new people to get into WvW. At least that's what got me into it. I wanted the mini dolyak which was originally only available as a reward for completing the meta-achievement for the first tournament. When I started I'd never played WvW before and had no idea what was going on or how to figure it out so the list of achievements was extremely helpful as a pointer of things I should be doing. (People on my server were also extremely helpful, letting me into squads and answering stupid questions like "why can't we attack now?" or "where are we going?") I know there's already WvW achievements but the combination of being permanent achievements and the huge numbers required make them seem more like long-term goals for people already familiar with WvW, the fact that the tournament achievements were only available for a few weeks effectively signalled to me that I could be expected to jump into WvW and do these things right away.

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They let go of tournament achievements, because they noticed they promoted degenerate gameplay. You'd have to be very, very careful about which achievements you'd want to include.

Yeah the specifics of the achievements would need to be different. But the idea is to come up with something more focused than just maintaining T6 participation for however many hours it takes you to complete the skirmish rewards (or as many hours as you can manage in a week).

9 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah the specifics of the achievements would need to be different. But the idea is to come up with something more focused than just maintaining T6 participation for however many hours it takes you to complete the skirmish rewards (or as many hours as you can manage in a week).

I agree, which is why i was not opposed to the idea, and just mentioned you'd need to be extra careful when implementing it.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Spread the tickets across the chests evenly

They are. The more you progress, the more pips are required to finish the next tier - and the more skirmish tickets you receive, but it takes longer.

Edited by Ashantara.8731