Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

5 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Conflux will no longer be unique, so players who currently use the awakened and slumbering versions can continue to use their current equipment loadout. 

I am a little confused by this sentence

I own slumbering and awakening version of this ring. 

Can I still equip both the same time ?

Additional can I use both same time by unchecking effect for awakening version? 

"Unique" is an attribute that means you can not equip two copies of the same items in different slots. The removal of this attribute means you will be able to equip two of them if it can be put into different slots. For Conflux that means you can put a different copy of conflux in both trinket slots at the same time.

I don't think unchecking the effect will change the item, but there will be no "Unique" restriction anyways so it does not matter.

If you have slumbering conflux, it will not be addable to the armory for the time being.

• Like 1

Will WvW legendary armor owners get some kind of compensation if they also have the PvE sets?

I paid 19710 WvW tickets and a lot of materials to upgrade the 3 ascended armor sets to legendary and I have no skins to show for it.

Edited by Xina.8071
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand.

Is there anything stopping you from adding a mystic forge recipe that converts these trinkets into 'no visual' versions of the same trinket, similar to how slumbering versions of the WvW and PvP trinkets work? Surely that is the obvious workaround.

Edited by Dreamcore.7632
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dreamcore.7632 said:

Is there anything stopping you from adding a mystic forge recipe that converts these trinkets into 'no visual' versions of the same trinket, similar to how slumbering versions of the WvW and PvP trinkets work? Surely that is the obvious workaround.

Yeah, make a new item, that is the exact same only its effects are item based instead of Buff based that you could also trade for at a vendor, so you can choose to have the stacking effect or not. The problem really is that they are designed to change depending on how many you are wearing, they would then have to design a new effect for the new version of the item, or rather, just have the vendor literally give you a legendary version that has no effect and never can have an effect until a solution is found down the track. 

Cause that's all understandable, and its great to see Anet being this open and this informative about everything. Honestly its great to see the game looking this good and to have the current hopes I do. GW2 shaping up to be a game everyone should play with a passionate dev team that are gamers. 

Communication is my bread and butter...  the feels are good with this one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dreamcore.7632 said:

I guess they would have to create a separate item id, and if so, it would break the reason that they keep the Unique flag to the items. Second, if it gets auto added to the armory, you can no longer craft with it so the solution would self defeat on patch day.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Arilozen.2756 said:

You guys are killing it with the communication. Please keep it up after EoD drops.

Agreed, i might be utterly disappointed by their stance on the matter of the pve trinkets but i appreciate the increased communication.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

I guess they would have to create a separate item id, and if so, it would break the reason that they keep the Unique flag to the items. Second, if it gets auto added to the armory, you can no longer craft with it so the solution would self defeat on patch day.

The armory isnt here yet and they are removing the unique tag from conflux, they can for the time being not put the ove trinkets in and make slumbering versions or smth (this however requires alot of work based on them).

I would opt for an options menu toggle that hides all trinket effects.

20 minutes ago, Xina.8071 said:

Will WvW legendary armor owners get some kind of compensation when they also have the PvE sets?

I paid 19710 WvW tickets and a lot of materials to upgrade the 3 ascended armor sets to legendary and I have no skins to show for it.

You dont have skins? why?

• Haha 1

So if I'm understanding this correctly I won't be able to use any of my slumbering trinkets in the armory until a further patch and I can't use any of the others indefinitely unless I want all the balls?

Oof. Glad you're communicating but not gonna lie, this is an insane downer for me and I regret putting all that time into those things right now 😕

• Like 1

the problem with this is in order to use the trinkets in the armory all your toons  are going to have balls floating around them now including all the people that had the legendary trinkets in there bank that did not want to use them because of the effects.

Now everyone is going to have them on all of there toons, taking advantage  of the armory.  all we are going to see everywhere in tyria is balls.

only out is see here now is they making a fourth stacking buff for the new legendary amulet to calm down the ball effects.

• Haha 1

This is a problem that was introduced because of lack of foresight and long term planning. It's a problem, like many other (LS1?) that has persisted for years and you haven't touched because it's too resource intensive to fix.

You guys have to start planning better and take a proper long term view of your project.

Sicarine.3985 and others have expressed this perfectly already, so I'll leave it at that.

In the meantime, surely you have the tech in place to remove or negate stacks of a buff? Can't you throw us an infusion in the meantime that negate the legendary effect?

Infusion of minor legend diminishment (removes one stack)

Infusion of moderate legend diminishment (removes two stacks)

Infusion of major legend diminishment (removes three stacks)

Something? Anything? I'd love to say "we'll just wait", but I have a feeling the closest thing to a solution coming in the next few years will be a new generation of trinkets.

Great job on the armory overall though. Appreciate the work that's been put in.

Edited by Arewn.2368
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
1 hour ago, Mckeone.9804 said:

Will this vendor have a cost associated for the upgraded version, like with the current mystic forge requirements? 

No

1 hour ago, keenedge.9675 said:

I'm a bit worried about automatic updates to the gear pool.

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

1 hour ago, Lascax.2163 said:

I can understand this reasoning, coming from personal experiences with similar systems in videogames.
Did you evaluate to enable the crafting of "slumbering" versions of these items if you've unlocked the Original ones?

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

No

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

Maybe then dont put the pve trinkets in the armory until a solution is found? Clearly based on how you adressed eternity you cant take stuff out of the armory once its in so dont put them in in the first place.

Hell, the way you adressed Eternity in itself is problematic for any future 1h legendaries that might have a merge option like eternity. i suggest you dont put twillight or sunrise in either and ask the player wether they want to put them in but they wont get a token if they do so.

Again thank you for comming back and answering more questions.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

Isn't  a simple but albeit dirty solution simply add another trio of slumbering versions of these legendary to the armory and let us have a ballless trinket without toggles? I suppose this would mean we would have 6 copies but this could be a downgraded recipe where it turned them into awakened and slumbering like previous choices.

• Like 3

you can unlock a Perfected Envoy light helm and an Ardent Glorious light helm as well

But what if I have Ardent Glorious light helm and Mistforged Glorious Hero's light helm? Different sets, both of them come from pvp. Both legendary, same type, different skins, different items.

And same question about all 3 pvp sets and 2 wvw sets. Because technically we have 3 legendary pvp sets of each type and 2 legendary wvw sets of each type. 

Edited by Dumat.1479

Gen 2 Precursor Crafting Limits 

Players will be able to craft multiple Gen 2 precursors after the Legendary Armory releases, meaning you can acquire multiples of Gen 2 legendaries. 

Just wanted to clarify - once you craft these legendaries, is it going to be account bound by default or it will only be bound once we put legendary item into the armory? Will there be a way to take out legendaries out of armory like it is now?

Slumbering Trinkets 

Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.  

But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

WvW player? Conflux will no longer be unique, so players who currently use the awakened and slumbering versions can continue to use their current equipment loadout. 

If I were to make a slumbering conflux into conflux, already having a conflux, would they both go into the armory?

Edited by Alize.4756
Formatting

7 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

the way you adressed Eternity in itself is problematic for any future 1h legendaries that might have a merge option like eternity

I feel completely confident in saying that there will never be any other legendary like that in the future. Eternity was concepted in a different age, when legendaries weren't account bound, when wardrobe didn't exist, when armory didn't exist, when loadouts didn't exist, when stat selection wasn't a thing. Legendaries back then existed purely for cosmetics and carried no additional QoL functionality. Now, when they actually do, when everything needs to be standardized, Eternity creates so many problems and edge cases and loopholes that creating something else in the same vein is simply asking for trouble. I'm certain enough hairs are being pulled out these days because of someone's novel idea to make stacking visual effects for PvE trinkets that any future attempt at experiments will be out of the question for many years to come.

• Like 2

Isn't  a simple but albeit dirty solution simply add another trio of slumbering versions of these legendary to the armory and let us have a ballless trinket without toggles? I suppose this would mean we would have 6 copies but this could be a downgraded recipe where it turned them into awakened and slumbering like previous choices.

This. Same legendary quality, slightly different name and unique status. Should be just as easy as adding a simple ascended amulet to a vendor. No unfair advantage will be gained.

Edited by Richter.9614
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZEUStiger.3590 said:

I feel completely confident in saying that there will never be any other legendary like that in the future. Eternity was concepted in a different age, when legendaries weren't account bound, when wardrobe didn't exist, when armory didn't exist, when loadouts didn't exist, when stat selection wasn't a thing. Legendaries back then existed purely for cosmetics and carried no additional QoL functionality. Now, when they actually do, when everything needs to be standardized, Eternity creates so many problems and edge cases and loopholes that creating something else in the same vein is simply asking for trouble. I'm certain enough hairs are being pulled out these days because of someone's novel idea to make stacking visual effects for PvE trinkets that any future attempt at experiments will be out of the question for many years to come.

You know what would be funny, if the new legendady trinket from the lw rerun doesnt have a toggle because it too adds another buff to pve trinket fiesta.

I sure hope thats not the case.