Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

11 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Why not just make trinkets transmutable skins like armor or weapons? Or give ppl a chance to exchange their pve trinkets with another legendary versions of it 

Edit PS maybe thats also why communication after feedback should be not a full year break silence before 1 week warning time before publishing a so big feature 

This would work if trinkets had any "skins" to transmute them to.  Right now it's only the legendary effects that are counted as "skins"  The only exception is Backpieces (if you even count those as a trinket).  On top of that they would need to create a new section in the wardrobe for trinkets alone, and take the time to create these skins.

3 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

No after armory you will only be able to make the non slumbering version, they are also removing the unique tag from conflux so you will be able to use 2 of them, just dont finish it before the arnory or you might have to w8 for the vendor.

Can they do the same for coalescence? I have enough LI for another and WvW is boring content.

2 hours ago, ninja sloth.2658 said:

Does this mean that the new recipe will be the same as the old one for the slumbering version, or the old one for the awakened version? If it's the old recipe for the slumbering version and just gets upgraded to the awakened version for free, that means that all the hours players like myself spent grinding out our automated tournament wins to upgrade slumbering Transcendence to the awakened version was for nothing, and the visual effect is being devalued.

So I see it like this..  Right now you get Slumbering Transcendence as the first part, and then you upgrade it to Transcendence.

After the update.. instead of getting Slumbering Transcendence, you now get Awakened Transcendence as the first part, which then you can upgrade to Transcendence itself.  The vendor they plan to add which will allow you to trade in the Slumbering versions for the Awakened version (so you can toggle the effect).

I would assume all recipes would remain the same.

So am I reading it right that the definition of unique item is not what unique skins you have unlocked but how many slots your character can carry of that item.  ie. only 6 unique armor slots and one back piece?

I ask because I have 7 sets of leggy armor (3 light, 2 med and 2 heavy) and 2 back pieces which are made up of various pve/pvp/wvw pieces that I crafted as I gradually got the necessary currencies/tickets needed to craft them. 

4 hours ago, xan.8936 said:

i’m just wondering why someone thought it would be a good idea to have a floating black blob above every one of your characters would be desirable.

White smoke plus an unstable liquid material that two previous legendary trinkets coalesce around .

Visually, it matches black and white dyes really well, which are the most popular. It can match well with Necromancers, as well as guardians.

It's exactly the kind of endgame reward worthy of clearing Wing 5 and onward.  It LOOKS like an infusion, which is what we think of when we think pve endgame rewards.  But more importantly, it matches very well in scheme with the PvE Legendary Armor (especially Light), completing the set.

tl;dr: I think the concept is really, really cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Catmander Neko.5643
I understand why we can't have the option to uncheck for this 3 trinkets .
But GW2 is Skinwars 2 all this community know it, to make all the characters look the same with these balls is not a solution to keep your players especially seen the level of content released since 1 year and with the extension pushed back.
So I found a solution to satisfy players who want this PVE balls, those who don't, and those who only want first or second effect.

And you already have most of the code already done.

1. duplicate the code of Slumbering Conflux renamed Coalescence without effect with a new ID linked to a coalescence icon with a red cross.
2. Make Coalescence without effect and Coalescence unique and only one of them to be equipped on our character.
3. Get the code for the aurora/twilight tickets changed from twilight/aurora to coalescence and  aurora/twilight ticket to a coalescence ticket.
4. Created a pnj at  Lion's Arch, where you can exchange this ticket for Coalescence without effect.

Or
add directly coalescence without effect to  legendary armory that avoids the step 3 and 4.

Problem solved.
Redo the same thing for aurora and vision.

Slumbering Conflux  has no buff, so no more problem of accumulation of buff and those who want the version 1 or 2 of the effect can have it too.

sorry  for my english.

Edited by Ragi.7291
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK, a little confused about the trinkets.

I currently have a slumbering version of both Transcended and Conflux, but it sounds to me that when the Armory drops, slumbering versions basically don't count and will be left on the toon that currently has them.

It will stay that way till some vendor gets added which will allow me to convert slumbering into non slumbering at which point they will be auto added to the Armory. Going forward, only non slumbering version can be made.

So, if I don't want to wait for this vendor to show up, it sounds like my best option would be to upgrade my slumbering versions to non slumbering a couple of hours before the Armory drops and then once it does, just make another Conflux, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

What does that mean for people that currently use a slumbering trinket? Will we at least be able to keep using the slumbering trinket as now with multiple equipment templates on one character?

It would be really useful to have this clarified as if it is being downgraded to only work on one equipment template on one character, many of us will need to prepare back-up trinkets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

This is really disappointing to hear. While I understand that other systems may take precedence, there have been multiple years in which to work on a solution. It is clear that you are aware that always showing visual effects like these is not good from a player experience since we have the slumbering variants of Conflux and Transcendence. Many areas of the game are going to be harder to play simply due to the visual noise from so many of these trinkets now that they will be available on all characters on an account.

Hopefully the fix can come sooner rather than later. There are many of us who made the PvE legendary trinkets for the QoL benefit and just have to grit our teeth whenever we see the horrible legendary effect. It would be wonderful even to have an NPC where we can speak to toggle the stacking  buff mentioned to a permanent value of 0 to 3.

• Like 2

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence ...

Difficult? Its already spaghetti af yes? Just add if statement that checks the toggle on the item to the code where youre applying the buff?

Edited by Neftex.7594
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). 

One suggestion for you guys :

you can add one more stacking buff for this new free legendary amulet that we're gonna get in future and either replace the black blobby with just the amulet's effect or use a nice effect as 4th stacking buff... That might satisfy this mob permanently without you guys ever have to do a checkbox effect disable for these 3 trinkets they'll forget all about it...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Lucinellia.9247 said:

This is really disappointing to hear. While I understand that other systems may take precedence, there have been multiple years in which to work on a solution. It is clear that you are aware that always showing visual effects like these is not good from a player experience since we have the slumbering variants of Conflux and Transcendence. Many areas of the game are going to be harder to play simply due to the visual noise from so many of these trinkets now that they will be available on all characters on an account.

Hopefully the fix can come sooner rather than later. There are many of us who made the PvE legendary trinkets for the QoL benefit and just have to grit our teeth whenever we see the horrible legendary effect. It would be wonderful even to have an NPC where we can speak to toggle the stacking  buff mentioned to a permanent value of 0 to 3.

I don’t want to speculate too much on the internal workings of the game, but you saying that did give me an idea that may also work, and which may be an easier solution for the time being, depending on exactly how things are set up, of course.

Add an NPC that you can talk to who will disable any/all of the Aurora, Vision, or Coalescence related visual effects. They will be available to talk to you once you have unlocked any of the items on your account (which can now just check if it’s been unlocked in the armory). Essentially, talking to them to disable the effects would give you an additional persistent (infinite duration, remaining through relogs) buff (invisible, like the ones that the items already give are) that, if present, will either (depending on what would make the most sense for how it’s set up): make the effects caused by the stacking buffs not render, or that would be checked by the stacking buffs as a condition before activating the visuals, or that would ‘disable’ or remove the stacking buffs to prevent them from showing/spawning the visual effects.

This would be nice, as it would let you choose for each character. It feels like it would be easier as a temporary solution, at least to me, based on how the backend was described, possibly without having to really try to directly tackle reworking the how the stacking buffs are being granted/effects are being played. It isn’t as granular of control as would be ideal, but I do think most people would be happy with an either all or nothing option for now. And this solution could possibly be fairly easily removed/cleaned up later on if they got around to implementing a better solution later, since it may not need to be too heavily configured or interwoven with as many other parts of the ui or systems (as much as, say, configuring checkboxes may need to be). I.e. simply remove the (behavior of the) buff that is suppressing the other stacking buff, remove the npc, and ideally make the buff expire shortly.

Anyways, I’m just posting this to see if any engineer that may be reading it thinks it resonates, makes sense, and seems like it would work given how things work in the game already. I am aware of how frustrating it can be to just be told various ideas of how exactly to do something by people who have so little context of how things are actually set up in this specific situation. Hopefully that isn’t how I come off here. I also recognize that this may just contribute even more to ’spaghetti code’ practices, so maybe it really would just be best to leave it as is for now to avoid that.

Edited by Pittcrew.6592
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

So I have Conflux and Slumbering Conflux. If I don't want to wait for w/e vendor it'll take to exchange the slumbering, I should just make the Slumbering Conflux into a Conflux on Monday night?

It's pretty cheap to do so, so no harm in doing that right?

Yes, that should work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragi.7291 said:

@Catmander Neko.5643
I understand why we can't have the option to uncheck for this 3 trinkets .
But GW2 is Skinwars 2 all this community know it, to make all the characters look the same with these balls is not a solution to keep your players especially seen the level of content released since 1 year and with the extension pushed back.
So I found a solution to satisfy players who want this PVE balls, those who don't, and those who only want first or second effect.

And you already have most of the code already done.

1. duplicate the code of Slumbering Conflux renamed Coalescence without effect with a new ID linked to a coalescence icon with a red cross.
2. Make Coalescence without effect and Coalescence unique and only one of them to be equipped on our character.
3. Get the code for the aurora/twilight tickets changed from twilight/aurora to coalescence and  aurora/twilight ticket to a coalescence ticket.
4. Created a pnj at  Lion's Arch, where you can exchange this ticket for Coalescence without effect.

Or
add directly coalescence without effect to  legendary armory that avoids the step 3 and 4.

Problem solved.
Redo the same thing for aurora and vision.

Slumbering Conflux  has no buff, so no more problem of accumulation of buff and those who want the version 1 or 2 of the effect can have it too.

sorry  for my english.

I think it's a more complicated technical issue than that. I thought the same, but after what Catmander Neko said, I quickly realised it's a deeper issue than just switching item ids. I'm suspecting it's tied into the item itself, from what I can understand, and each one interacts with the other 2, so in-code, they're tied in. What little coding exp I have I think it'll be pretty complicated to extricate them out from each other. Frankly IMO it's a minor issue, I think it'd behoove us to be patient (not saying anyone is being impatient) for the devs to work on EoD, Alliances, and DX11. Those are IMO much more important, and important to GW2's long-term value, endurance, and overall well-being.

• Like 1

Last week i created the slumbering trinkets.

In the post is written

"Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket."

Means that when i would have waited until after the 13.07.21 the recipes creates the awakened version instead of the slumbering like it does now?

6 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
8 hours ago, Mckeone.9804 said:

Will this vendor have a cost associated for the upgraded version, like with the current mystic forge requirements? 

No

This is very sad for people who upgraded from the Slumbering version, especially for Transcendence. I don't know why you guys went with this option instead of merging the recipes, we already have an PvE amulet coming in later this year so cutting out some of the difficulty/prestige on Transcendence makes no sense and it will be even worse for people who have put effort into it, that will just get that erased.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard.7192 said:

Last week i created the slumbering trinkets.

In the post is written

"Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket."

Means that when i would have waited until after the 13.07.21 the recipes creates the awakened version instead of the slumbering like it does now?

Yes, that is correct. It would be nice to get reassurance from @Catmander Neko.5643 that we can at least keep using our slumbering legendary trinkets as we do now - one character, multiple equipment templates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1