Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

How is it gonna work when the "free" amulet from returning story will drop Catmander Neko.5643? Will that not mean, that basically everyone who made any version of PvP amulet just flushed 2K gold + effort down the drain? It seems a bit unfair, but so does the decision to not refund people that made multiple versions of legendary armor (PvE, WvW and PvP) when all you get is essentially another skin, that you can get even without crafting the legendary..

Edited by Dannyus.2518

4 minutes ago, Dannyus.2518 said:

How is it gonna work when the "free" amulet from returning story will drop Catmander Neko.5643? Will that not mean, that basically everyone who made any version of PvP amulet just flushed 2K gold + effort down the drain? It seems a bit unfair, but so does the decision to not refund people that made multiple versions of legendary armor (PvE, WvW and PvP) when all you get is essentially another skin, that you can get even without crafting the legendary..

You get your red orb of shame at least.  I made transendence right before the leg amulet giveaway announcement and support said no reefunds.

Edited by Mckeone.9804

9 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

WvW player? Conflux will no longer be unique, so players who currently use the awakened and slumbering versions can continue to use their current equipment loadout. 

Sorry, but English is not my first language - could someone clarify this?
I have the slumbering conflux and conflux equipped now.
1. What will happend to the slumbering conflux after the 13th?
2. Is it not usable anymore and waiting in my inventory for the release of the "upgrade" merchant?
3. Can I craft a second conflux in the mf using my slumbering conflux after the 13th?

I'm a little bit confluxed right now

7 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

You dont have skins? why?

Because sadly that's how legendary WvW armor works. You upgrade the ascended item to purple but the purple item has exactly the same skin. The only thing you get is stat swapping. But on Tuesday I'll have stat swapping from my PvE armor set and I'll be able to transmute for free if I want the skin of the ascended item. So what's the point of legendary WvW(/PvP) armor if you have the PvE one?

e.g. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sublime_Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero's_Raiment

and look at what it costs to upgrade it to legendary: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-84508

And I made 3 sets so 18x this goes to waste.

The Armory is a great addition to the game but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

So what you're saying is, that it's not done yet? Then why release it?

Also, this whole absorbing, why is it not a choice? I'm reading things here that make the whole concept of the Armory sound a lot worse than it should be.

Take the time, do it right, we can wait for a proper solution rathe than some half-assed clunky implementation that has the risk of having some very "interesting" bugs (remember the Equipment Templates? Or did the infusion duping slip your mind already?).

You can't use half a table, or half a chair, why expect people to use half an Armory? :(

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I like the purple balls.... They look kinda nice and cool... It's the black blobby I hate

This.

The whole problem with PvE legendary trinkets trio lies in the fact that most of the playerbase strongly dislike the 3rd effect, the wobbling black goo. The other two effects are cool, especially the 2nd one, the purple balls. Honestly, I love these. On the other hand,  I loathe the final stage. Not only it is displeasing to look at it (tho, I am aware that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder) , but it is also very distracting, espeically when there are a few players with the same effects moving next to you (in raids, for example).

I understand the priorities, but, as someone has already said, please do not let this issue to be swept under the carpet, forgotten in time, when other important stuff comes. If there is no other way to fix this fast, please make the stacking effect with the new legendary PvE amulet more delicate and better looking and the most people will be happy. Then, when the time comes, after EoD release, give us a full solution to this problem,  allowing us to toggle diferent stages of the effects, as we please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. 

First of all, thanks a lot for the recent communication on all this ! It's amazing to get so much info from you guys !

Regarding the Aurora/Vision/Coalescence triple effect... Would it actually be such a bad idea to change the visual effects of the trinkets ? If it allows you to not have to put in a significant engineering investment ? 

I know it's a matter of taste and completely subjective, but my personal opinion is that this stacking effect wasn't great to begin with, and that the final effect with all 3 combined is very very ugly. It looks like crap and even with how cool and convenient the Legendary Armory will be, this ugly effect is dissuading me from actually crafting & wearing more legendary trinkets.

On top of that, getting the same "Aurora" effect no matter which of the 3 trinkets you have equipped makes Vision and Coalescence feel less special.

Again i know this is subjective, but i'm also curious to know if there's really that many players who really love the combined triple effect and would be sad to see it change ? 

• Like 3

I do appreciate the communication overall, I'd rather say the engineering should goes into developing the game rather than subjective opinions about checkbox to aurora, vision and coalescence. For myself I do find the floating orbs meaningful of how you've achieved them regardless to the people who have them do complain for a reason which is totally subjective for their fashion war, for myself when new players look at my character they are complement the legendary armor and the floating orbs at first they thought it's a skin, I had to tell them it's a legendary trinket, which takes a hefty amount of time to obtain them.

I do understand majority would like a tick box to have visual disabled, that hopefully come down the road for at least 5% of players who actually have them. I wouldn't tick that box and I think it's actually very subjective from these players do complain, will always complain about little things either it's personal or subjective. I'd rather areannet spend time, effort into development for guild wars 2 then purely cosmetics changes.

Thank you :).

Edited by Mox.2649
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

[...]

This has not been addressed yet:

Spare Legendary Upgrades

There has still been no clarification on how we will be contacted (via e-mail or in-game?) and whether we will need to have all spare legendary upgrades currently equipped in our Equipment Storage (i.e., not in our inventory or bank) for you to be able to determine how many leftovers there are?

Please clarify, thank you.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

suggestion about Aurora, Vision and Coalescence, when you add the conflux vendor also add items version of aurora, vision and coalescence without effects, that way players can have any level of this stacking buff effect they want or none, put an option to exchange them back to normal just in case some players regrets

suggestion about slumbering conflux, if a player have this version of conflux, you can send the materials needed to upgrade to the awaken version; since slumbering conflux isn't going to be included to the legendary armory, i feel that most of the players will upgrade it; anyway, giving this players 250 Unidentified Dye + 1 Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints + 1 Emblem of the Avenger isn't going to break the economy if they decide to sell or use the items instead of upgrading, or just make those items account bound, just don't remove that recipe to upgrade slumbering conflux to awaken from the game

at least for me, im going to upgrade it to awaken conflux before the patch hits, i kinda dont feel like waiting for the vendor, even if it's free or if i have to buy some items

• Like 1

WvW armor can be created from either ascended skin. Are they considered the same set, therefore triggering the 'only 1 unique' flag for compensation? They are ascended skins so they should get flagged, there's no need for multiple sets of these anymore. 

Mistforged Triumphant vs Triumphant

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wait, what? :classic_blink: If I have a +9 Agony Infusion in my bank that I am not using but keeping there in case I will some day have use of it, I will no longer be able to keep it stored in my bank or sell it on the TP?

They mean if there is an account bound legendary weapon in your bank with an infusion/upgrade on it that it will be popped into your inventory. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vidit.7108 said:

They mean if there is an account bound legendary weapon in your bank with an infusion/upgrade on it that it will be popped into your inventory. 

Ahh, thank you! (D'uh! It did say "slotted"... ahem. :classic_blush: )

Will edit my post accordingly. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

great to get some clarification, but I am still not happy with how there is nothing being done about the effects, no matter how hard it may be to get a proper fix. "we are busy with EoD" is an ok excuse, dont get me wrong, but that means a fix is going to be delayed over HALF A YEAR, probably a lot longer too.

at least kludge together a temporary fix. maybe some gizmo that toggles off that stacked effect?

Edited by Xoleuph.7014
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

For now to get around the issue of a toggle, with Aurora, Vision and Coalescence.

Why not make 3 new items that copies of Aurora, Vision and Coalescence without that stacking buff, and upon recieving/crafting that legendary a non buff version(slumbering) of it automatically in the Armoury along with the Awakened/Normal version. Or if you already have it, it should be in the armoury.

Then limit it so players are only able to equip 1 version of it or the other, For instance If you equip Slumbering Aurora in one slot, you can't equip Awakened/Normal Aurora in the 2nd slot. You have to go the first slot and change the slumbering version to the Awakened/Normal version.

It's a bit clumsy but This way you get around the option of toggling it off and on, And you don't have remake or mess around with the buff system for now, and it allows players to choose which one they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to the armchair development around Aurora and Vision, if you have both unlocked then adding further Legendary Accessories won't give any advantage to your Legendary Armoury (as there is no way to equip a third Legendary Accessory) so once you unlock both you could add 2 free Legendary Accessories that don't have effects?

Similarly, once you bind a second Legendary Ring of any type further rings don't add any additional advantage over an account with 2 rings so you could unlock a ring without any effects?

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Catmander Neko.5643

I understand it in this way.

Group 1:

When you already crafted the "Slumbering Trinkets" and don't upgraded to the "Awakened Version" one you must wait until this according the inital post.

"But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update."

Wordings like "but we plan to release it in a future update" can mean month, years or never. Sorry Anet for this pessimism.

Group 2:

When you will craft the slumbering trinket it is not possible after the 13.07.21, because the same receipe (Materials you needed for the slumbering trinket) will then gives you the "Awakened Version" instead of the "Slumbering Version". So no "Emblem of Tournament Victory" (PvP win 20 matches in a tournament) and no "Emblem of the Avenger" (WvW kill 100 enemy players) see post

"Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.  "

If group 1 want to use the legendary ring and amulete from the start of the armory at 13.07.21 they must win 20 matches in an PvP tournament and kill 100 enemy player in WvW, otherwise they must wait until this vendor appears.

Group 2 can use the legendary ring and amulete from the start of the armory at 13.07.21 when they try to craft the slumbering version because this will be automatically the awakened one.

Sorry to say winner here is group 2 because they can use the ring an amulete from the start and group 1 must wait according Anet ""but we plan to release it in a future update".

Edited by Hagbard.7192
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anonymous.7812 said:

WvW armor can be created from either ascended skin. Are they considered the same set, therefore triggering the 'only 1 unique' flag for compensation? They are ascended skins so they should get flagged, there's no need for multiple sets of these anymore. 

Mistforged Triumphant vs Triumphant

Good question. When I look at the screenshot of the initial blog post it makes me think that both sets will be added to the Legendary Armory even though it's useless. Basically the same as having PvE + WvW/PvP sets: everything gets added but you have no use for the additional armor sets.

Edited by Xina.8071

1 minute ago, Xina.8071 said:

Good question. When I look at the screenshot of the initial blog post it makes me think that both sets will be added to the Legendary Armory even though it's useless.

They will both be added despite not being useful. The same way that adding Eternity will add a third greatsword that is no use.

• Like 2