Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

3 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Sorry, but English is not my first language - could someone clarify this?
I have the slumbering conflux and conflux equipped now.
1. What will happend to the slumbering conflux after the 13th?
2. Is it not usable anymore and waiting in my inventory for the release of the "upgrade" merchant?
3. Can I craft a second conflux in the mf using my slumbering conflux after the 13th?

I'm a little bit confluxed right now

1. It stays equipped and doesn't go into the armory

2. You can still use it, it just won't be in the armory

3. Yes, Conflux will not be unique, you can equip two Conflux

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really appreciate the updates and all the clear communication!

I must say very disappointing about the PvE trinket visuals though. The effects get increasingly busy and noisy and in particular I really hate the one for having all three at once. I own all three but keep them spread over my characters to avoid this despite the usefulness of legendaries and I was really hoping that the armoury would fix this.

Suggestion: right-click option on each trinket to turn off the buff it provides, probably easier to script and add than tying it in to the show/hide slot option?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EerieLnu.3789 said:

I think it's a more complicated technical issue than that. I thought the same, but after what Catmander Neko said, I quickly realised it's a deeper issue than just switching item ids. I'm suspecting it's tied into the item itself, from what I can understand, and each one interacts with the other 2, so in-code, they're tied in. What little coding exp I have I think it'll be pretty complicated to extricate them out from each other. Frankly IMO it's a minor issue, I think it'd behoove us to be patient (not saying anyone is being impatient) for the devs to work on EoD, Alliances, and DX11. Those are IMO much more important, and important to GW2's long-term value, endurance, and overall well-being.

It's as minor as the cash we spend on cosmetics.  I think they should make this a priority.  A workaround is fine and what should be a simple one has been proposed: let us trade for trinkets that have no aura buff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By introducing the Legendary Armory all my ascended stuff becomes obsolete. My account will be filled with gear that I am not going to use anymore. Salvaging everything is also not an option because  it costs me a fortune to salvage, with the salvage kits costing 1g per piece I want to salvage. Meanwhile I loose every rune and sigil which are on the gear.

Will the ascended salvage kits drop in price and will they give me my upgrades back that I used on ascended equipment? 

Are infusions also to be expected to find a place in the armory?

And last but not least, will legendary aqua breathers be introduced to make the sets fully complete? I now use celestial breathers with legendary runes as a workaround so I can use them on all builds.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Surely just adding new legendary WITHOUT the buff isn't that hard? There is a script already that sends "missing" items from sets in the mails - like with old wings and gliders. Can't we just get the "slumbering" versions without said buffs, and have them in the armory too? Or am I missing something here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Trigger warning: Non Coder (me) has opinions on How To Code. People who actually know what they're talking about, consider yourselves warned before reading:

my idea is that if the leggy trinkets apply stacks of a buff - 0 stacks for no trinkets, 1 stack for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 - add an NPC that gives you FOUR stacks of the buff, then set 4 or more stacks to equal "no effect". That way it doesn't matter how many trinkets you have, the balls will never show.

Edited by Dreggon.6598
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

Is there an ETA on it? at least rough estimate? like few weeks? few months? With EoD?

Edited by Loki.9462
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

The original blog post says they will do something about people in our situation AFTER the patch hits. 

Here I quote it for you

> We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

Whoops, I totally misread that part. I went over everything and thought it meant in the days towards the release of the armory. Not following the release.

9 minutes ago, Dreggon.6598 said:

Trigger warning: Non Coder (me) has opinions on How To Code. People who actually know what they're talking about, consider yourselves warned before reading:

my idea is that if the leggy trinkets apply stacks of a buff - 0 stacks for no trinkets, 1 stack for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 - add an NPC that gives you FOUR stacks of the buff, then set 4 or more stacks to equal "no effect". That way it doesn't matter how many trinkets you have, the balls will never show.

As a coder....there is a function somewhere to count how many of the three items are equipped to decide which effect is shown (1,2 or 3). They could simply add a checkbox to each item, to mark the item as non-countable. It "could" be as easy as that - no further change needed. 

• Like 6

@Catmander Neko.5643

Why cant we just get a second trinket unlock with a completed legendary trinket?

One has the visual "buff". One doesnt.

Make them unique to each other, so you cant use both at the same time.

That solution should satisfy everyone, even you, Anet, since there is no working on the nuddle "buff" code of the Legendary trinkets included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Catmander Neko.5643 The feedback and discussion on this is fantastic, but this issue with accessories is just about the only standout issue that is generating a lot of concern.

Please please find a way of us not having to have these effects on all our characters!! Personally, as I think a few others have mentioned, an option to just toggle off all accessory effects would be fine - no need to mess with them individually.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 2

So basically, people who have crafted slumbering trinkets will have to wait until this vendor comes out which we do not know when (could be a day or months), but people who try to craft (slumbering) trinkets even on July 13 will have the awakened versions and be able to use them with the legendary armory right away? Is this fair to the first group of people? Is there really not a better solution? Wouldn’t removing the slumbering versions at the same time as releasing the vendor make a better solution already?

Edited by stpk.2967
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dannyus.2518 said:

How is it gonna work when the "free" amulet from returning story will drop Catmander Neko.5643? Will that not mean, that basically everyone who made any version of PvP amulet just flushed 2K gold + effort down the drain? It seems a bit unfair, but so does the decision to not refund people that made multiple versions of legendary armor (PvE, WvW and PvP) when all you get is essentially another skin, that you can get even without crafting the legendary..

it's kinda normal, it's the same for people crafting two bifrost instead of 1 nervermore and 1 bifroft, if you could reinburse your legendary you could just got free skins by abusing the system and the armor got the same treatment, sure wvw and pvp didn't get true armor skins, but at least they can got multiple time the same trinkets without going into raids opposed to raids where they need to do pvp/wvw to get the others trinkets as coalecence is still unique.

But anyway i think except the no way to hide pve trinkets which is not that important compared to all others stuff they need to do (but still nice if they do them) the system they announced is really nice and close to perfect, still some things they could do better but it's allready really good.

Edited by WindBlade.8749

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence...

Oh boy, still with the BS excuse anet?

You do remember that you, RIGHT NOW, on the kittening game have npcs that trade one item for a similar version right? (On my head i remember the tonic for civilian outfit and the old infinite gather with the gather with a slot space)

So yeah, no kittening excuses this time. Just create 3 alternative versions of these legendarys that have no effects, and place in your kittening game. I know, i know, it wont have the pretty checkbox, but a combination of what have "buffs" and no "buff", and at this point, is the best way to stop this YEARS long excuses on your part to do nothing.

The communication that we are having now is great, and im sorry if im angry,  but after the guild templates that we had in this game whem we look at how it was in gw1, i dont want to hear excuses, you just said that actions are what matter on the end, so yeah, do the thing right for once. 

Edited by rsegames.3916
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Dreggon.6598 said:

From what i seen they already put a lot of time into the armory, i doubt if they could fix it so simply they would already done it.
I'm a coder and hoenstly whithout knowing the codebase it's hard to say, but somethings can be really hard to fix depending of how it's was done, and if they still didn't had fixed it it's seem it's harder that just a simple solution to fix.

58 minutes ago, Dhonti.5162 said:

By introducing the Legendary Armory all my ascended stuff becomes obsolete. My account will be filled with gear that I am not going to use anymore. Salvaging everything is also not an option because  it costs me a fortune to salvage, with the salvage kits costing 1g per piece I want to salvage.

So your saying that you have full legendary gear, which even done at its cheapest, is still many 100's of gold, but you can't afford 1g per salvage kit?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

They will both be added despite not being useful. The same way that adding Eternity will add a third greatsword that is no use.

But the greatsword legendaries still unlock a skin in your wardrobe. Nobody in his/her right mind is going to make a WvW/PvP legendary set after the patch if he/she already has the PvE heavy set. It's completely useless. Meanwhile the equally useless duplicate PvE armor sets are going to get some kind of compensation.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rsegames.3916 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence...

Oh boy, still with the BS excuse anet?

You do remember that you, RIGHT NOW, on the kittening game have npcs that trade one item for a similar version right? (On my head i remember the tonic for civilian outfit and the old infinite gather with the gather with a slot space)

So yeah, no kittening excuses this time. Just create 3 alternative versions of these legendarys that have no effects, and place in your kittening game. I know, i know, it wont have the pretty checkbox, but at this point, is the best way to stop this YEARS long excuses on your part to do nothing.

The communication that we are having now is great, and im sorry if im angry,  but after the guild templates that we had in this game whem we look at how it was in gw1, i dont want to hear excuses, you just said that actions are what matter on the end, so yeah, do the thing right for once. 

yes and how you do to make a cap limit on two different items ? that why pvp/wvw trinkets got merge into one item, cause of the item limit, if they want to do what you want they need to create two differents items, and i doubt cleary they can share the cap limit on two differents items without recoding the whole things. So sure yea, no effect item, but also it's will not be in the armory system is best bet you can have if you want to go in that path to fix it.

7 minutes ago, stpk.2967 said:

So basically, people who have crafted slumbering trinkets will have to wait until this vendor comes out which we do not know when (could be a day or months), but people who try to craft (slumbering) trinkets even on July 13 will have the awakened versions and be able to use them with the legendary armory right away?

If one already has slumbering versions, like I do, the requirements for the most part to turn those into non slumbering is pretty light. From what I can see, there is no reason not to 'upgrade' them to non slumbering a couple of hours before the Armory drops and then make another Conflux and your all done.

3 minutes ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

If one already has slumbering versions, like I do, the requirements for the most part to turn those into non slumbering is pretty light. From what I can see, there is no reason not to 'upgrade' them to non slumbering a couple of hours before the Armory drops and then make another Conflux and your all done.

I agree for Conflux but what about Transcendence? Winning 20 AT matches does not seem light to me. Or does it only apply to Conflux meaning slumbering Transcendence will be absorbed in Legendary Armory?

Edited by stpk.2967
Added one more question at the end
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

also i doubt it's will take them months to add a simple vendors, maybe not instant when the armory hit (mabye it's will) but not too far after

By the way, maybe i missed it but what about skin for legendaries? from what we seen they copy it for your characters so we already have 100% chance to have at least a unique skin for each characters, but what about equiement slots ? since the item is cleary a special item for the game (it's have a icon that say it) maybe they only exist in their own loadout so it's not the same item depending of the loadout so you can change the skin, but i didn't see anything confirming this theory.

12 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

What if players were given the option to replace those trinkets with slumbering versions through a merchant? In other words, they would only be able to equip 1 legendary by crafting 1, but the system would allow them to lock one version to unlock the other version, or vice-versa.

It wouldn't be a perfect solution (players who want to use their skins for some build templates but keep them hidden for other builds would be unable to do that), but it could potentially be a temporary solution that would satisfy those who want those trinkets exclusively for the QoLs.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Thanks 1

Greetings. This may feel a bit too audacious of me to say, but it would be great if in the future the legendary armory had its own separate material storage of sorts, complete with a toggle for "Deposit Materials" to set deposit direction for the inventory. This could've made hoarding up for a certain legendary item easier to manage.

4 hours ago, rhion.4653 said:

This.

The whole problem with PvE legendary trinkets trio lies in the fact that most of the playerbase strongly dislike the 3rd effect, the wobbling black goo. The other two effects are cool, especially the 2nd one, the purple balls. Honestly, I love these. On the other hand,  I loathe the final stage. Not only it is displeasing to look at it (tho, I am aware that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder) , but it is also very distracting, espeically when there are a few players with the same effects moving next to you (in raids, for example).

I understand the priorities, but, as someone has already said, please do not let this issue to be swept under the carpet, forgotten in time, when other important stuff comes. If there is no other way to fix this fast, please make the stacking effect with the new legendary PvE amulet more delicate and better looking and the most people will be happy. Then, when the time comes, after EoD release, give us a full solution to this problem,  allowing us to toggle diferent stages of the effects, as we please.

Thank you.

After July 13th in the Legendary Armory select Aurora, Vision, Transcendence, Conflux and Conflux as your items across all your characters. You get to enjoy the 2nd stage visual effect everywhere forever. You're welcome. Now please stop speaking for "most of the playerbase".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2