Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

14 hours ago, Titan.8215 said:

Thanks for the clarification, really appreciated.

Why 8 sigils tho? I understand 7 runes (6 for the armor and 1 for the breather) but why 8 sigils? Afaik you only can use 2 + 2 on both set of weapons + up to 2 in the aquatic weapons.

You can use 4 in aquatic sets, 2 per aquatic weapon.

2 hours ago, Dreggon.6598 said:

1. It stays equipped and doesn't go into the armory

2. You can still use it, it just won't be in the armory

3. Yes, Conflux will not be unique, you can equip two Conflux

Makes me wonder if the number of Conflux in the armory will go up to 2 or if the 2nd conflux will just be account-bound and still need to be swapped around in storage.

5 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

After July 13th in the Legendary Armory select Aurora, Vision, Transcendence, Conflux and Conflux as your items across all your characters. You get to enjoy the 2nd stage visual effect everywhere forever. You're welcome. Now please stop speaking for "most of the playerbase".

Yup, this combo is possible, if one simply forgets about having Coalescence.

As for "most of the playerbase", just read this thread. People mostly do not like the 3rd effect, but that of course does not mean that everyone is of that opinion. That is preciscly the reason why Anet should come up with the solution, sooner or later. 

Peace.

• Like 2

Just now, rhion.4653 said:

Yup, this combo is possible, if one simply forgets about having Coalescence.

As for "most of the playerbase", just read this thread. People mostly do not like the 3rd effect, but that of course does not mean that everyone is of that opinion. That is preciscly the reason why Anet should come up with the solution, sooner or later. 

Peace.

idk, reading this thread makes it sound far less about the third and more about any of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dhonti.5162 said:

By introducing the Legendary Armory all my ascended stuff becomes obsolete. My account will be filled with gear that I am not going to use anymore. Salvaging everything is also not an option because  it costs me a fortune to salvage, with the salvage kits costing 1g per piece I want to salvage. Meanwhile I loose every rune and sigil which are on the gear.

Will the ascended salvage kits drop in price and will they give me my upgrades back that I used on ascended equipment? 

Are infusions also to be expected to find a place in the armory?

And last but not least, will legendary aqua breathers be introduced to make the sets fully complete? I now use celestial breathers with legendary runes as a workaround so I can use them on all builds.

I guess you can pick the ascended gear that has the cheapest runes and sigils and strait sell them to vender for 1g. and use the upgrade extractor to recoup the more costly runes/sigils and then depending on the number of balls of dark energy  you need for future projects sell or salvage the rest.

5 minutes ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Makes me wonder if the number of Conflux in the armory will go up to 2 or if the 2nd conflux will just be account-bound and still need to be swapped around in storage.

It will go into the Armoury as you can equip two non unique rings and the article says:

"The maximum number of copies of an item your Legendary Armory can hold is determined by how many equipment slots it can occupy."

7 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It will go into the Armoury as you can equip two non unique rings and the article says:

"The maximum number of copies of an item your Legendary Armory can hold is determined by how many equipment slots it can occupy."

and.....

15 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Legendary Armory Item Caps 

Each type of equipment has its own limit, and the limit is counted separately for every unique legendary item. For example, you can unlock a Perfected Envoy light helm and an Ardent Glorious light helm as well. Here's a complete list: 

• Two-handed weapons: 2 
  • Main-hand exclusive weapons: 2 
  • Offhand exclusive weapons: 2 
  • One-handed weapons useable in either hand: 4 
  • Armor: 1 per piece, per armor class 
  • Back items: 1  
  • Trinkets: 1 (except Conflux, which is 2) 
  • Runes: 7 
  • Sigils: 8 

Which is unambiguously clear

5 hours ago, Xina.8071 said:

Because sadly that's how legendary WvW armor works. You upgrade the ascended item to purple but the purple item has exactly the same skin. The only thing you get is stat swapping. But on Tuesday I'll have stat swapping from my PvE armor set and I'll be able to transmute for free if I want the skin of the ascended item. So what's the point of legendary WvW(/PvP) armor if you have the PvE one?

e.g. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sublime_Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero's_Raiment

and look at what it costs to upgrade it to legendary: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-84508

And I made 3 sets so 18x this goes to waste.

The Armory is a great addition to the game but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

In the original news post they mentioned reaching out to players that did this for some form of compensation.

The Legendary Armory Arrives July 13 | GuildWars2.com

Slumbering Trinkets 

Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.  

But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

WvW player? Conflux will no longer be unique, so players who currently use the awakened and slumbering versions can continue to use their current equipment loadout. 

So does that mean the slumbering trinket will not be in armory and no available for the rest of your account in a convenient way until the vendor is released which could be some time?

i currently have slumbering conflux and conflux. Would it be better to upgrade slumbering conflux into full conflux before tuesday so i will have 2 full confluxes? 

Then both will get upgraded into awakened confluxes and be available for use in the legendary armory?

Would be good to know this before tuesday.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

yes and how you do to make a cap limit on two different items ? that why pvp/wvw trinkets got merge into one item, cause of the item limit, if they want to do what you want they need to create two differents items, and i doubt cleary they can share the cap limit on two differents items without recoding the whole things. So sure yea, no effect item, but also it's will not be in the armory system is best bet you can have if you want to go in that path to fix it.

Easily solved them by just not adding the actual legendarys and creating/replacing the old for new ones during the process to be bound on the armory with checkboxes to substitute the  ones that use event flags hardcoded. It solves the problem you just mentioned.

And let's think a little about this "cap limit"... You dont you see a problem already on this? Are they kittening the system already by being lazy and not learning from what they just said right now with hardcoded problems with the 3 pve trinkets?

Sigh, well, i do see horrible kitten on coding every single day, and this one passing as excuse is still not the worst one to date, if the community will believe, them fine, you deserve that.

1 hour ago, stpk.2967 said:

So basically, people who have crafted slumbering trinkets will have to wait until this vendor comes out which we do not know when (could be a day or months), but people who try to craft (slumbering) trinkets even on July 13 will have the awakened versions and be able to use them with the legendary armory right away? Is this fair to the first group of people? Is there really not a better solution? Wouldn’t removing the slumbering versions at the same time as releasing the vendor make a better solution already?

im worried about this too. The best i understand it is maybe we should upgrade the slumbering conflux to conflux prior to Tuesday. You will not be able to equip both for a couple days but on Tuesday both will be in armory. Why wait for the vendor?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

In the original news post they mentioned reaching out to players that did this for some form of compensation.

The Legendary Armory Arrives July 13 | GuildWars2.com

In this post they say:

"For example, you can unlock a Perfected Envoy light helm and an Ardent Glorious light helm as well."

😞

But maybe they'll let you unlock it and then send you some kind of compensation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stpk.2967 said:

I agree for Conflux but what about Transcendence? Winning 20 AT matches does not seem light to me.

Granted, if ones PvP focus was purely on ranked and never did any AT's, then starting now and trying to get 20 wins may well be a bit annoying and the vendor could well show up first. If one has been doing both over time tho, then it isn't an issue, I've got like 36 AT emblems in bank.

Still, either way, its maybe only a little short term pain for long term gain and only impacts current players with the gear, any going forward have no such issues.

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

They will both be added despite not being useful. The same way that adding Eternity will add a third greatsword that is no use.

Creating and adding Eternity still benefits you in some way, because it at least has an unique skin. WvW/SPvP legendary armors however do not have unique skins. They reuse a skin from their precursor, ascended armor. If you already have an envoy set, there will be no point in upgrading SPvP/WvW precursors to legendaries at all.

Unless they'll decide to grant unique skins to those armor sets, they really should refund those cases.

3 hours ago, Dreggon.6598 said:

Trigger warning: Non Coder (me) has opinions on How To Code. People who actually know what they're talking about, consider yourselves warned before reading:

my idea is that if the leggy trinkets apply stacks of a buff - 0 stacks for no trinkets, 1 stack for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 - add an NPC that gives you FOUR stacks of the buff, then set 4 or more stacks to equal "no effect". That way it doesn't matter how many trinkets you have, the balls will never show.

That actually seems a viable solution: if it's a stackable, invisible buff from multiple sources, then indeed adding another source that pushes you to a higher visual tier, and making that visual tier be equal to no effects is a sensible option. It could possibly be done through an NPC, or, for example, through a special Enrichment item.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Why would it not go into armory? It will work just like when you add 2 of the same swords and then use them in the same build.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Creating and adding Eternity still benefits you in some way, because it at least has an unique skin. WvW/SPvP legendary armors however do not have unique skins. They reuse a skin from their precursor, ascended armor. If you already have an envoy set, there will be no point in upgrading SPvP/WvW precursors to legendaries at all.

Unless they'll decide to grant unique skins to those armor sets, they really should refund those cases.

That actually seems a viable solution: if it's a stackable, invisible buff from multiple sources, then indeed adding another source that pushes you to a higher visual tier, and making that visual tier be equal to no effects is a sensible option. It could possibly be done through an NPC, or, for example, through a special Enrichment item.

I'd prefer a new skin for legendary WvW armor if you have mistforged unlocked that makes aura dyeable, although I'm not sure what can be done with the PvP armor since it's more or less fully dyeable. I hate this "refund" / "compensation" mentality people have. Bring back a prestige set that only primarily WvW players will get (2K+) and not some person just in there for some Gift of Battle that is Bronze and doesn't even have max WvW masteries.

• Like 2

I didn't have time to read through all the post so please forgive me if it has been said before:
I understand it wouldn't be the prettiest of solutions, but as a temporary fix could we get new blank trinkets (brand new item id) introduced in the armory and working as the slumbering versions for Aurora and co? (not the pvp and wvw who could be recrafted)
As in, you have Aurora, LA gives you Aurora + Fake Aurora, both mutually exclusive in equipment tab .
You say that the FX is tied to the item stack, this would be a different item so no FX added and no need for reworks. This "seem" (i'm in no way a dev so i could be really wrong) like a simple solution and would allow players to use the items for months (or years) before you can allocate the ressources to fixing the issue the way you like it.
Any input on this?

2 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I'd prefer a new skin for legendary WvW armor if you have mistforged unlocked that makes aura dyeable, although I'm not sure what can be done with the PvP armor since it's more or less fully dyeable. I hate this "refund" / "compensation" mentality people have. Bring back a prestige set that only primarily WvW players will get (2K+) and not some person just in there for some Gift of Battle that is Bronze and doesn't even have max WvW masteries.

Oh, i agree that would be preferable. I was only pointing out that, as it is now, crafting a legendary armor when you already have a set of that weight benefits you only in one, specific case: when that new armor is Envoy, and you did not have that set before.

And that it can be addressed in only two sensible ways: either by giving WvW/SPvP sets an unique look, or by not treating them as a "different" armor set when considering refunds.

Trying to pretend as if they should not be considered for refund, because they are separate sets i(while ignoring that they are, in reality, just 4 instances of the same, "blank" armor) is not a sensible approach. It's an active denial of reality.

• Like 2

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now.

I totally understand that concern. I'll elaborate a little further what I am proposing.
I am suggesting to make the Slumbering versions of those 3 "PvE" trinkets available to craft after their Original unlocks as an added item to the LA, but that craft would be as expensive as crafting an entirely new Legendary Trinket ( similar to the WvW/PvP slumbering version ). This would mean not having to touch the original unlocks.
It's obviously not a perfect solution ( I doubt there can be, with the systems being like that for those trinkets ), because it also means crafting the same items twice for those having those items, but it's a case where we have to consider which would allow better player agency: not having that option and leaving it like that, or giving the option to craft slumbering versions?

I'll explain with more details how I would personally try to implement those versions.
I want to reiterate that obviously what I'm going to say could be something you already discussed with the team, but I hope that my feedback as a player ( and Game Designer learner ) can help.

Slumbering Version characteristics:

1. It is indipendent to the Original version in the LA ( to avoid touching existing systems as much as possible )
  2. It is not "Unique": one can use both the Original and Slumbering ones ( this is again to avoid issues with the current systems )
  3. It can be crafted for about the same gold cost of the Original one, considering the price of WvW/PvP versions and thus being fair in comparison ( one-time Season items can be tied to Season currencies, while one-time Raid items to the Legendary Divinations )

Consequences about Player Agency and Fairness:

1. Gives the players the possibility to access to a 2nd Legendary Accessory/Ring; this should not be a huge issue because characteristic 3 makes them as costly as getting another Legendary, similar to 1H weapons
  2. The previous point could rise the necessity to enable the crafting of a 2nd Legendary WvW Ring to avoid imbalance; this would allow further Player Agency and makes it fair to the WvW players
  3. PvP players get an imbalance by having a Legendary Amulet; this is the only debatable issue I can see with this implementation, but this could be corrected if there will be future PvP Accessories/Rings
  4. People having currently awakened versions would have to craft again for a Slumbering one, not a direct access to the preferred version; this is just a consequence of systems giving more Player Agency over time and it's better to have an added option rather than not having that option at all: furthermore there never was ( afaik ) a promise to enable effect-less trinkets, so it can be assumed that those who acquired them were mostly interested in the Original version

I know that this is not an ideal solution, and possibly it can be made better, but considering the major issues ( current systems and lack of player agency ), this is one of the better options to add on the current systems with less consequences to the playerbase and less heavy rework for the developers.
Consequences 3 and 4 are the only ones that players could be unhappy for, but considering that the alternative is not giving at all a very desired choice for most of the Players, it is about going for the compromise that expands Player Agency in a major way, solving most of the issues.

I hope to not sound condescending, arrogant or somehow too bold explaining my proposed solution. I am 7k+ hours in GW2 and I just want to help it getting better over time for me and the community by giving my feedback. I hope it helps and, if it's something that's not feasible, at least we get to a better understanding between us, players and developers.

I also want to thank you for the added communication: it is very appreciated.

Edited by Lascax.2163
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, i agree that would be preferable. I was only pointing out that, as it is now, crafting a legendary armor when you already have a set of that weight benefits you only in one, specific case: when that new armor is Envoy, and you did not have that set before.

And that it can be addressed in only two sensible ways: either by giving WvW/SPvP sets an unique look, or by not treating them as a "different" armor set when considering refunds.

Trying to pretend as if they should not be considered for refund, because they are separate sets i(while ignoring that they are, in reality, just 4 instances of the same, "blank" armor) is not a sensible approach. It's an active denial of reality.

I agree with all of this.

Mr ANET can you clarify?

Just unlock a slumbering version, right after you crafted the normal one, make it unique, so you cannot wear Coalescence, and Slumbering Coalescence at the same time. Would it be rly that hard? Nobody loses anything, and nobody gains anything aside of being able to fashionwar. (Look at the gemstore, they are selling mostly skins, and they want to "force players to look bad? If my characters looks bad anyway, why would i bother to spend my money on their fancy skins?)

• Like 2

The original blog post says

We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

Does that mean, there is only limited time to solve the issue? Since in my case, I will not be able to play before August. And with two sets of heavy legendary envoy armor from raids, I think I'm part of the 0.008%? 

3 hours ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

If one already has slumbering versions, like I do, the requirements for the most part to turn those into non slumbering is pretty light. From what I can see, there is no reason not to 'upgrade' them to non slumbering a couple of hours before the Armory drops and then make another Conflux and your all done.

20 tournament wins is not a pretty light requirement sadly!

• Thanks 2