Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

2 minutes ago, stpk.2967 said:

I am afraid you are right. The two medium sets you own do have the same base precursors (WvW and PvE.) So, technically you don't have any legendary item that goes beyond its cap.

This is why I have always wanted a PvE legendary skin without being a legendary armor (like WvW or PvP) or a WvW/PvP legendary armor that comes with its own legendary skin (like PvE.) 

Thanks for the clarification, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t losing anything with the two medium sets. 

I recommend taking screenshots of your current legendary equipment tabs (stats etc), then unequipping all legendary gear and remove all upgrades (and infusions) from it to be certain all legendary upgrades are accounted for - at least that's what I am going to do, even though my question has not been answered yet (whether unequipped spare upgrades will be taken into account when it comes to whatever the 0.008% of players will receive).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

You got Mystic Coins, hundreds of gold, and PvP potions.

ATs are good to do even if you aren't a PvPer. It's literally one of the most profitable activities in the game. People literally just LFG for "any" before ATs because they know they will get free gold even if they lose.

Well, that means absolutely nothing to me considering the terrible grind I forced myself through to get the prestige visual Transcendence version. I feel quite sad about it getting invalidated now, especially after the same happened earlier with the WvW R2000 armor.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/90251-can-i-do-tournament/

1 hour ago, stpk.2967 said:

I was talking about people who craft slumbering trinkets after July 13 but before the vendor comes out. They will get the final form with less cost (not that the cost is significant) and won't even have to wait until the vendor comes out. The waiting part is much more significant. It is more of the idea of who are more valued.

If you think that waiting is more significant than the cost of upgrading, you can always upgrade now, and thus not worry about waiting at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you think that waiting is more significant than the cost of upgrading, you can always upgrade now, and thus not worry about waiting at all.

I am worried about the way they value players. People who craft slumbering trinkets early on should get the reward no later than those who craft them more recently (between July 13 and the time the vendor comes out). 

Edited by stpk.2967

I am worried about the way they value players. People who craft slumbering trinkets early on should get the reward no later than those who craft them more recently. 

There will always have to be compromises to what can humanly be achieved by the devs and what is good for the game/players.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

There will always have to be compromises to what can humanly be achieved by the devs and what is good for the game/players.

Could you explain to me why removing slumbering trinkets at the same time as releasing the vendor won't fix this issue? Will it be much more work to them?

Could you explain to me why removing slumbering trinkets at the same time as releasing the vendor won't fix this issue? Will it be much more work to them?

It probably is more work. I don't see *any* reason why they would not include the conversion vendor otherwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

It probably is more work. I don't see *any* reason why they would not include the conversion vendor otherwise.

Me neither. I would not just remove slumbering trinkets on July 13, but wait until the vendor thing is figured out. Then, remove slumbering trinkets and release the vendor in the same patch unless it is really necessary to remove the slumbering trinkets before releasing the vendor. At the very least, I hope they give us the info of when the vendor will be released so I for one can plan whether to upgrade or wait.  

What do you mean by 'removed'?  'Removed' from what?

Your armor?  I'm sure you can place it back in the slot.

The Legendary Armory?  Can't remove something that was never there.

I understand having to wait to get the Awakened version from a vendor with no extra effort/cost, as opposed to those that want to avoid the wait by upgrading now or after the release/before the vendor...but, I'm confused about the 'removal'.

Perhaps, I've missed something. 

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What do you mean by 'removed'?  'Removed' from what?

Your armor?  I'm sure you can place it back in the slot.

The Legendary Armory?  Can't remove something that was never there.

I understand having to wait to get the Awakened version from a vendor with no extra effort/cost, as opposed to those that want to avoid the wait by upgrading now or after the release/before the vendor...but, I'm confused about the 'removal'.

Perhaps, I've missed something. 

Starting July 13, if you try to craft slumbering trinkets, you will get the awakened ones instead. Basically, you won't be able to produce any new slumbering ones. This is what I meant by 'removal.' For those who currently own slumbering trinkets, you either need to upgrade to the awakened ones or wait until the vendor is released. Therefore, if you wait until July 13, you can craft the trinkets (using the slumbering recipe) and get the awakened ones and add them in the armory right away. On the other hand, people who now have already crafted slumbering trinkets won't be able to use their trinkets with the armory on July 13. They will either have to upgrade them with some costs or wait until the vendor is released which we still do not know when.

To be clear, I am not that much concerned about the extra cost nor the extra time we have to wait for the vendor. I am really curious why they would let people who crafted slumbering trinkets early on get the reward (the use of armory) strictly after people who will craft trinkets (using the slumbering recipes) between July 13 and the time the vendor comes out. They didn't really have any other choice? 

Edited by stpk.2967
Add the last point

I don't know if this question has been asked, but if we have the legendary WvW armor what will happen if we make another one like the raid one for example? Will there be a way to get just the looks? If we craft it what can we do with the second one? Because I don't think we will be able to store 2 of them.

3 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

I don't know if this question has been asked, but if we have the legendary WvW armor what will happen if we make another one like the raid one for example? Will there be a way to get just the looks? If we craft it what can we do with the second one? Because I don't think we will be able to store 2 of them.

You will be able to store 1 of each piece of legendary armour. So, for example, you can store the raid light armour helmet, the WvW light armour helmet and the PvP light armour helmet.

5 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Well, that means absolutely nothing to me considering the terrible grind I forced myself through to get the prestige visual Transcendence version. I feel quite sad about it getting invalidated now, especially after the same happened earlier with the WvW R2000 armor.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/90251-can-i-do-tournament/

Did you not enjoy your legendary between getting it and now? If so, your time was not invalidated. You earned your legendary with a grand tale to tell in the highest pvp mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

You will be able to store them. You won't get any use for them beyond the initial one, of course, but at least you'll get PvE skins. On the other hand doing it in the other direction (first PvE, then WvW or SPvP sets) will have no sense whatsoever, as you won't even get a new skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You will be able to store them. You won't get any use for them beyond the initial one, of course, but at least you'll get PvE skins. On the other hand doing it in the other direction (first PvE, then WvW or SPvP sets) will have no sense whatsoever, as you won't even get a new skin.

You'll get the new skins unlocked for your wardrobe if they weren't already.

Edited by Kong.3280

On 7/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Slumbering Trinkets 

Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.

My concern here is I have everything to craft Slumbering Transcendence, was about to craft it for armoury, seeing as how it won't be usable account wide I am now waiting to craft it, but will the recipe change?  Am I screwing myself over by not crafting Slumbering before the update goes live?

@Catmander Neko.5643

When will the vendor appears to change the existing Slumbering Trinkets to Awakened Trinkets?

Hopefully without additional cost because in the start is wirtten "The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket. "

Since your annoucment that the slumbering versions are not able to be used in the legendary armory (for all characters) and trying to upgrade it before 13.07.21 with winning 20 matches in PvP Tournament and kill 100 enemy players in WvW is really hard and for some players maybe impossible.

Thx for your response.

28 minutes ago, Kong.3280 said:

You'll get the new skins unlocked for your wardrobe if they weren't already.

No, you won't. It's impossible to make legendary WvW armor without obtaining ascended pieces first. And it's those ascended pieces that will unlock the skins. Upgrading them to legendaries will not add anything beyond that point. Well, you'd get a legendary armor for armoury, but that is only useful if it's your first legendary set. If you already have Envoy set however, there's absolutely no point in continuing past ascended. It will only consume your mats, for absolutely no return at all (not even a small one).

So, like i said - there is a point in going WvW set->PvE set, or SPvP set->PvE set. There's no point however in going PvE->WvW, PvE->SPvP, WvW->SPvP or SPvP->WvW. Out of those 6 cases only the first 2 will give you anything. The latter 4 are just an equivalent of throwing your materials into the trash bin.

(i mean, not only skins, but there's not even an achievement for WvW and SPvP sets - only for PvE one)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, you won't. It's impossible to make legendary WvW armor without obtaining ascended pieces first. And it's those ascended pieces that will unlock the skins. Upgrading them to legendaries will not add anything beyond that point.

True, yes.  That is correct.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

I'm sure this has be considered, so I'm more curious why the following route wasnt chosen. For  lot of us, is not that we dont want a lesser variant of the "floaty ball" effect, its that we dont want any variant. At least for the time being, Is it possible within the current system to have an option to completely disable the internal buff so their isnt the case of trying to figure out how many buffs should be applied? 

• Thanks 1

• ArenaNet Staff

I'd like highlight a key word from this clarification post, we are removing the ACQUISITION of slumbering trinkets not the use of them. They can still be used in the existing recipe that upgrades it to the awakened version (for anyone impatient for the vendor) and they can still be used exactly as they are now (prior to July 13th) in multiple equipment templates on the same character.

Slumbering trinkets are not being removed from the game, just being phased out because they were a work around to a larger task that we have now done the work for. They should not be the way of the future and adding more of them (or any recipe that uses a legendary to craft another legendary) is just adding more tech and design debt that will ultimately slow us down in the long run.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 14