Tournament of Necros is what.....

Exile.8160

Is what the Tournament of legends should have been called!!

Its been months of since necs have gone unchecked I think its about time Anet nerf them the way they nerfed Firebrand, into nothingness.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

calling for blanket nerfs to a class and its sub specs means necs to nothing, how about we hear from people on what the general problems are (damage, sustain, etc.).

When a class is played 3 of on multiple teams on a big tournament it means something is wrong about the class.

Also its funny how the other support spec (Core guard) is ran either 1 or none and tempest ele is bearly played. 

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Thanks 1

• Exile.8160 changed the title to Tournament of Necros is what.....
5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

appeals to emotion is the way to get things done

I hereby nominate Brahm to demonstrate to you the specific issues with Necromancer.

He sums it up through actions rather than words.

Consider it a kind of Norn sign language.  Disclaimer,  I'm not responsible for any emotions this demonstration evokes in the viewer.

Please jump to 7:02 in the video.  Thanks and regards from Mack the heartless.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The funny thing is elementalist  got nuked from orbit with nerfs few weeks after that NA team won that tournament with 4 eles in 2014 I believe and following, elementalist got demolished by nerfs..the second the class made more than 1-2 appearances during a whole tournament.

They nerfed fresh air ele with dmg but very glassy...then reaper exists

They nerfed tempest support....then scourge exists

They deleted core ele...then core necro exists

It's not like I am asking to delete necro or treat it similarly to ele....I just want people to recognize the clear class bias, for how far fetched the idea is...nobody can deny at this point how much class bias is present within this company.

How can you have a class that reaches 100% representation during a 3vs3 tournament  and nothing happens to it, but the second another class get played by more than a handful of players ( at the top level, mind you) it get demolished by nerfs few weeks after. Call me tin foil theorist all you want but really....this is now so painfully obvious.....

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The funny thing is elementalist  got nuked from orbit with nerfs few weeks after that NA team won that tournament with 4 eles in 2014 I believe and following, elementalist got demolished by nerfs..the second the class made more than 1-2 appearances during a whole tournament.

It's not like I am asking to delete necro or treat it similarly to ele....I just want people to recognize the clear class bias, for how far fetched the idea is...nobody can deny at this point how much class bias is present within this company.

How can you have a class that reaches 100% representation during a 3vs3 tournament  and nothing happens to it, but the second another class get played by more than a handful of players ( at the top level, mind you) it get demolished by nerfs few weeks after. Call me tin foil theorist all you want but really....this is now so painfully obvious.....

I keep saying this, theres a clear bias here ( specially if nec doesnt get touch on todays patch) just like ele if it were a Guard or any other class it would have been nerf months ago and not the good kind of nerf to the would have made them useless just like the Firebrand.

• Like 1

While you do have a point there, I'd like to point out that pretty much anything that overperformed to the degree of celestial ele got nerfed back in 2014. Back then there was an entire balance team. Now we have CmC sometimes not working on the new X-pac...(you'd think that after the big annoucement they would show some work in their next patch but nah)
My point is, it's not bias, it's incompetence. They deemed the live version of the game low priority, and nothing short of gamebreaking bugs gets fixed. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

100% representation during a 3vs3 tournament

When the did 2v2 and 3v3 stop being anything other than meme game modes you play just to mess around in?

The finals on EU for 5v5 had 1 Necro in it and that team lost pretty hard.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Aktium.9506 said:

When the did 2v2 and 3v3 stop being anything other than meme game modes you play just to mess around in?

If you're going to lie, at least make it something that isn't easily verifiable as a lie.

There was a scourge on each team.

And the team that lost, lost because they were playing weaver+mirage+herald into holo+holo+daredevil (well, that, and that R55 are just good players).

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

If you're going to lie, at least make it something that isn't easily verifiable as a lie.

There was a scourge on each team.

And the team that lost, lost because they were playing weaver+mirage+herald into holo+holo+daredevil.

tbh I didn't even notice r55 had a scourge when I looked the match up

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I mean PvP has been the same combination of 5-6 classes for quite a while. Every team has a guardian, every team has a necro, every team has a holo, every team has a thief. This is winning teams usually though. Sometimes thief would be replaced by a mesmer or have the 5th slot be one, but I wouldn't say Scourge is the problem.

The winning team has 1 scourge while they had 2 holos, so we all cry for holo nerf? (which people have been for a while, Holo is nuts lol)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

A 4 minionmancer and 1 scourge team won a daily AT i was in the other day. I wouldnt be surprised if a comp like this was in the next mat.

36 minutes ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Well the NA final had 3 necros. Since Im playing in NA and that what I care about. Necro is a problem and it needs to be delt with.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I mean PvP has been the same combination of 5-6 classes for quite a while. Every team has a guardian, every team has a necro, every team has a holo, every team has a thief. This is winning teams usually though. Sometimes thief would be replaced by a mesmer or have the 5th slot be one, but I wouldn't say Scourge is the problem.

The winning team has 1 scourge while they had 2 holos, so we all cry for holo nerf? (which people have been for a while, Holo is nuts lol)

Except it's not true to say that "every" team has one of those, and a cursory glance at the finals on NA should prove otherwise. Each team had three necros and zero holos. Granted, it's true that both teams had a guardian and a thief, but to say that Scourge (or necro in general) is not at least part of the problem is not really accurate.

To be fair, picking out any one individual match (like I did with the NA finals) is purely anecdotal and is not concrete evidence of anything, but it's not like picking out the selected example of the EU finals is any more reliable.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Yes, lets just cherry-pick one match, and ignore all the other matches that have happened over the last 3 months of ATs, MATs, 2v2/3v3 tournaments, community tournaments, which have featured many teams with 2+ necros, and even the ones which only had 1 were still dominated by the scourge's rezzing potential slowing everything down to a boring grind.

• Like 9

While I don't think necro needs nerfing into oblivion I think Hizen's video summed up a lot of the problems with the class. It dominates in WvW, it's well represented in PvP and in PvE mechanics are optional, there is no other class that is as forgiving or that gives as good results for barely any effort while also being not just good but top tier in many areas.

• Like 3