Why does Mag still have linked server ?

biubiubiu.6312

I've not seen a Q over 100 since the first time we were linked with NSP. Since being with SBI the closest we get to 100 is at reset, which is usually around 80.
Any other time it rarely goes above 50, with it usually being in the 30's or 40's during prime time NA.

Mag has an extremely active WvW population, but it isn't necessarily large. I've no doubt we'd be mostly stuck in T4 without a link, maybe occasionally getting to T3.

The thing with both Mag and AR is that they have a lot of experienced players that are capable of defending objectives, pushing blobs, and co-ordinating in fights without needing a Commander, where as most of the other servers struggle with this. When they get linked with pretty much any server, with a handful of exceptions just due to them being so small, those servers take advantage of having more than just numbers- they also gain effective fighters. 

And for any of the salty folks, because I know how many hate Mag-
No, I don't think Mag and AR are special. I watch scores on gw2stats.com and Mag and AR consistently have positive KDR, such that I can't remember the last time either finished a match negative, nevermind even starting with one. That doesn't mean either server is "better" than any other server, but it does mean statistics prove that both are more effective fighters than the rest. Give either of them a link that cares about PPT and it's easy for them to shoot up to T1 because the PPT blobs suddenly gain a capable militia that they often lack.

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, biubiubiu.6312 said:

Crazy Mag Ebg queue 150+ peak time when other 2 servers dont even need to queue all day, other 2 servers dont even have ebg keep all week, surely its 100% fun for Mag.

you just keep making people except AR/Mag quit wvw.

You seem to be neglecting the fact that while EBG has a large queue, those of us on Mag/SBI who are playing on the 3 borderland maps almost always have the Outnumbered buff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Again, this is why Maguuma should always be in Tier 1: to discourage server stacking. The only reason SOS is in T1 is because they decided it was cool to stack their server with OCX (to the detriment of all other servers) and then Ktrain all the other servers at midnight. The punishment for excessively stacking coverage and making it near impossible for other servers to get an OCX presence is being placed in T1 with big buddy Maguuma. If you're not enjoying T1, unstack your server and drop down to t2 or lower. Otherwise, I will continue to tag up, waypoint your ebg keeps, spawn camp, and run you guys over on any BL that you guys show up on. You being in T1 is not a reward. 

Edited by jul.7602
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

🙄

Relinking is next friday, it doesn't happen automatically every time a server goes full. Mag also wasn't full at last relinks.

Also ebg is homebl to Mag, not unusual to see a high queue for it there, there's 3 other maps to use btw.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

I will continue to tag up, waypoint your ebg keeps, spawn camp, and run you guys over on any BL that you guys show up on. You being in T1 is not a reward. 

Does your mom make you hot pockets too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's not because we're is overstacked. FC was able to beat us  by avoiding EB and PPT'ing the crap out of Mag's side keeps in the BL. They were smart. Some people in this matchup are also smart and realize EB has multiple entrances. Not enough though.

SoS is also doing a similar strategy but they seem to focus more on playing for 2nd and always trying to take advantage of the smallest server here during off hours. This often ruins the t1 matchup in general when they're in it. But JQ seems to have refused to fall over and die, and VR+ JADE is pretty scary.

I mean, I'm not really condemning anyone's strategy. But you just have to realize what's going on. Some servers as a whole are basically sacrificing their fighters as bags to the PPT gods. You just have to decide if it's worth it.

Also our guild just tests the Emergency Waypoints so things are fair and ruin the KDR by falling off cliffs (kitten Red BL), so no stacking there.

And finally, why would the KDR be so high on reset night? Maybe Mag cheats to let more into EB?

edit: Just equip pulls and pull people into the Legendary Defenders.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

mag is not an overstacked server, the main problem of mag is none enemy decent guild wanna fight them, cuz is not fun to fight against 80 ranger pew pew targeting u from everywhere, and most of time they will not defend their homebl, i know ebg is mag's homebl, i mean, their real homebl :D, so if u are stuck in a matchup against them, well , sad times 😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

It’s easy to have a positive kdr when you never venture out from behind your walls without outnumbering enemies multiple times over.  😂

You mean how 90% of the players play on EVERY server these days?  You either get that, map queues blobs made up of boonballs or "roaming" groups in packs of 10-15 to kill solo roamers.  It's the state of WvW these days.  😁

BUT I'd still rather deal with that than PvE where every npc reacts the same way day-in/day-out, or SPvP where >50% of the players are bots nowadays.  😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hmm,  so this matchup we're in last, don't have SMC, and the 3 front towers have all been flipped in the last 2 hours. Yesterday, saw that OP boon ball rip through pugs left and right  and pushed back to spawn while SoS cleverly took the opportunity to break into lord's room..... to die anyways.

Yet despite all this the KDR still remains positive. I mean it's kinda pointless because the KDR will be based off of who can kill pugs the fastest but the excuses aren't adding up.

It's almost like fighting near spawn is an advantage...

Oh btw it also doesn't matter if there's 5 people in queue or a 100. I mean none of them can play.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm,  so this matchup we're in last, don't have SMC, and the 3 front towers have all been flipped in the last 2 hours. Yesterday, saw that OP boon ball rip through pugs left and right  and pushed back to spawn while SoS cleverly took the opportunity to break into lord's room..... to die anyways.

Yet despite all this the KDR still remains positive. I mean it's kinda pointless because the KDR will be based off of who can kill pugs the fastest but the excuses aren't adding up.

It's almost like fighting near spawn is an advantage...

Oh btw it also doesn't matter if there's 5 people in queue or a 100. I mean none of them can play.

Also goes to show why it's important not to stack time zones and not to always be trying to hide when you don't have a map Q. At least AR is always roaming about even when they're lacking numbers, so they're less likely to have all their objectives pushed because they keep the Mag pugs entertained.

My goodness Mag has just been destroyed by OP the last two days. It was also amusing when the Chief of the WvW World Police got caught on his own discord for Pin Sniping as the only way to take down the OP commander “Moa Moa Moa” worked once then after OP rolled thru him 4 or 5 six more times mister Law and Order bailed on the server.

• Confused 3

Relink week it doesn't matter!

Those were Sbi people you were farming!

It's just a case of mag finally realizing they somehow ended up in t1, so they're on summer vacation until they back in t2!

Sbi ppt'd so hard, Mag peeps quit in disgust until relinks!

Mag fight carried sbi so hard, they're tired and needed a break!

They're asking to be unlinked so their kdr doesn't get dragged down, oh wait sorry that was an eu case.

SMC got a rat infestation, so it's being fumigated this week!

Mag also not a weekend server!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Spoiler

As I spoke earlier, of how Maguuma was plotting to reinstate WvW server balance. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/98437-why-does-mag-still-have-linked-server/ He's either from SOS/JQ, but Maguuma is bringing their server morale to new lows. Maguuma in T1 is the best thing that happened to gw2. It discourages people from stacking their servers, why? Because if you stack your server, you go to t1, then you get smashed into the ground by maguuma. The new WvW police.

Edited by Sanchez.4017

Is there any reason why Indo is all of a sudden is running during SEA and EU time zones, and not NA? I find it very intriguing that he'll talk down Maguuma, farm a bunch of mostly SBI pugs with 20+man comp squad, but then right as soon Mag starts to come online with IV, CL, and Penguinz; INDO vanishes out of thin air. It reminds of coworkers that trash talk behind your back, but as soon as you confront them they start acting like soyboys. Now I'm aware that a lot of fanboys/girls will say that he tagged down because he was tired, which was *coincidently* right before NA prime, but we all know that this is a ruse to shield himself from the liability of not being able to Maguuma should he face a serious force. If Indo or any of his associates are reading this, tell him I said hi, and that Maguuma patiently waiting for him to play during NA.

Edited by jul.7602
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1