Unlock all mounts through WvW, when if ever.

6 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Would you really be grinding anything if they added this to WvW, since you already have 8000+ hours in? Doesn't seem like it.

Who knows, once the game moves on to EoD and PoF is history, Anet may add something like this to allow another method of getting the basic mounts.

i do enjoy wvw, that’s why I’m still playing the game. It’s not a necessity, but it would be nice to have something to work towards. I don’t see why things like mount training and other things can’t be added. It really effects no one (selfish gatekeeping players is not a reason). Plus it would give the wvw population something to work for. Most of us that play wvw exclusively have no real reward or goal other then having fun at this point. 

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029

40 minutes ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Oh I get it, you guys worked so hard in pve (a game mode that you enjoy) to get your mount training that way. So everyone should have to do it the same exact way as you did, or somehow this grand achievement becomes cheapened. 

because me grinding out the progress somehow would effect you if I didn’t have to do it exactly how you all did.

sounds like selfish gatekeeper talk of you ask me. 

I think mount training should be put on a wvw vender ASAP.  Other then the selfish reasons I’ve seen here I don’t see why not.

Selfish?  To actually WORK for something instead of having  it handed to me?  You want something basically  for free that can only be used in a game mode you don’t play.  None is that makes sense. Then you get mad and insult those of us that actually play both modes and earn our goodies. 

Edited by Some Call Me Tim.2319
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Oh I get it, you guys worked so hard in pve (a game mode that you enjoy) to get your mount training that way. So everyone should have to do it the same exact way as you did, or somehow this grand achievement becomes cheapened. 

because me grinding out the progress somehow would effect you if I didn’t have to do it exactly how you all did.

I think mount training should be put on a wvw vender ASAP.  Other then the selfish reasons I’ve seen here I don’t see why not.

All the legendary spvp rank players are just gatekeeping the gizmos and titles I want, I, along with everyone else, should be able to get all the spvp titles and gizmos by doing pve. If you disagree, you’re just a gatekeeper!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

i do enjoy wvw, that’s why I’m still playing the game. It’s not a necessity, but it would be nice to have something to work towards. I don’t see why things like mount training and other things can’t be added. It really effects no one (selfish gatekeeping players is not a reason). Plus it would give the wvw population something to work for. Most of us that play wvw exclusively have no real reward or goal other then having fun at this point. 

Curious, are you asking for a way to train the mastery xp or do you want the Mastery points too? 

I wouldn't see an issue with a mastery xp pot being added to the relevant Reward tracks. But the Mastery Points that actually unlock the traits, lmao no, go explore PvE. 

1 minute ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

Selfish?  To actually WORK for something instead of heading it handed to me?  You want something basically  for free that can only be used in a game mode you don’t play.  None is that makes sense. Then you get mad and insult those of us that actually play both modes and earn our goodies. 

Who said free ? I certainly did not. Make it a huge grind with double the hours it takes to get in pve,  just give us a way to unlock them in wvw. 

Not once did I say free or hand out. I’d jump through whatever huddles anet sets up. But I would do it in a game mode that I find fun.  

5 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

All the legendary spvp rank players are just gatekeeping the gizmos and titles I want, I, along with everyone else, should be able to get all the spvp titles and gizmos by doing pve. If you disagree, you’re just a gatekeeper!

I’m sure your smart enough to know that this is clearly different, I hope.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Curious, are you asking for a way to train the mastery xp or do you want the Mastery points too? 

I wouldn't see an issue with a mastery xp pot being added to the relevant Reward tracks. But the Mastery Points that actually unlock the traits, lmao no, go explore PvE. 

I just won’t unlock the mounts then. I’m not doing pve. I find that it’s extremely boring. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Who said free ? I certainly did not. Make it a huge grind with double the hours it takes to get in pve,  just give us a way to unlock them in wvw. 

Not once did I say free or hand out. I’d jump through whatever huddles anet sets up. But I would do it in a game mode that I find fun.  

What on earth could you do in wvw for this other than a reward track… which basically is free goodies.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

What on earth could you do in wvw for this other than a reward track… which basically is free goodies.  

wvw achievements and collections section for mount training just like the warclaw could be added very easily. 

make it triple the time that it takes in pve. Wouldn’t bother me at all. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

So you're not going to pve... but want the pve mounts... which you can only use in pve not in wvw....

Forget your useless mounts, I'd rather they put gift of exploration unlock in wvw instead.

You betcha!  Lord knows we’ve explored every inch of the borderlands a zillion times!  Two thumbs up 👍!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

No, some of us are opposed to the idea because it undermines the principle of having unique rewards and progress per game mode.

Let's entertain this idea and do add pve mounts, which have 0 use in WvW, as method to be acquired in WvW.

What is next? PvE players will demand to be able to acquire WvW ranks in PvE (and some have already demanded this be done for the Warclaw). This would extend to Gift of Battle and other unique rewards which are WvW exlusive (which are already far more limited than PvE rewards). The threads about players wanting non WvW related access to GoB are numerous already.

Ultimate result: less reasons for player to even try WvW. Which leads to even less players entering the mode. Do I need to go on?

The fact you disagree with this logic or are unable to consider the ramification of your demand is not our concern. You asked a question, many players disagreed. Move on.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

Personally I don't care how people got mounts. I don't care about pve/pvp/wvw/rewards in general.

If you want a reward track to unlock pve stuff, if that's mounts of whatever, good luck on that, you can want whatever you like. (Personally I wish for a lot of things, that I know I'll never get)

But I'm saying the chances for ANet to even consider that is basically 0%, or as close to it that it might as well be. They've shown for years now, that they want to keep specific types of rewards specific to certain things. And generally avoids overlapping as much as possible, in order to "encourage" players to try more different things and modes. So they've decided that if you want the pve mounts you'll have to play pve to get them, just as you have to play wvw for the warclaw no matter how much the pve players complain. ANet decided that, and they seemingly plan to stick to it, and nothing any players here in this thread say will change that.

Edited by joneirikb.7506
(I'm tired, and struggle to form coherent sentences.)

What if they gave the warclaw PvE only features?

It wouldn't affect anything, but give WvW-onlys stuff to grind for so they can show it off in Lion's Arch.

It's pretty useless atm in pve to the point I'm wondering why it's even an option.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Entitled boomer. SurprisedPikachu.jpeg

OP's reasoning boils down to- "I don't want to do X to get Y, but because I've done so much Z it should earn me the right to get Y."

Yes, hi. I've been rank 10k for over 3 years. I would like a free max PvE Mastery rank please, and throw in a Legendary too. It's only fair.
/s

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Like 1