EoD is a $30 Patch.....

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well a whole mastery line was tied to essence manipulation and look how that turned out.

You mean something that works on multiple maps, and allows players to, rather easily, deal significant damage against a number of targets in a chain, and also allows access to a notable amount of what is essentially free loot from the chests in Bjora Marches? What exactly is the issue again?

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 12:16 AM, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

Twich and Youtube chat had a good first impression 
Most players were hyped with most of stuff shown.
Because a minority of  negative players likes to cry more and shout louder doesn't mean that this behavior represents the majority.

And let's be honest. Statistics work like this. They take a small sample ( thousands) to represent the majority ( millions) before elections in example.
The majority is hyped and positive about most of stuff besides leggies.

If you take a representative small size statistics works quite well. 🙂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

You mean something that works on multiple maps, and allows players to, rather easily, deal significant damage against a number of targets in a chain, and also allows access to a notable amount of what is essentially free loot from the chests in Bjora Marches? What exactly is the issue again?

Not to knock it cause i do appreciate the loots. But i cant remember the last time i used the weapon bit of that mastert that wasnt during Drakkar. Ive never used it out in Drizzlewood, ive never even gotten the ability to. Shoulda lowered the count required with the final mastery to 15 instead of 30 imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't know what else they could do besides housing that would be a major feature that wouldn't kitten some people off. And we know next to nothing about fishing. I suspect there'll be some surprises in that.  After all a whole mastery line is attached to it.

As i said its been put out in this and the other threads on the forums. You cant please everyone, obviously by the existance of this and the other threads that keep popping up, but they have a few things on the forums that folks have asked for for years that still arent in game. *shrug*

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't know what else they could do besides housing that would be a major feature that wouldn't kitten some people off. And we know next to nothing about fishing. I suspect there'll be some surprises in that.  After all a whole mastery line is attached to it.

And I am quite sure if housing was also announced there would be people complaining that "it ain't expansion worthy system"

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

As i said its been put out in this and the other threads on the forums. You cant please everyone, obviously by the existance of this and the other threads that keep popping up, but they have a few things on the forums that folks have asked for for years that still arent in game. *shrug*

The only things I can think of that regularly come up are fishing and dueling. And I'm personally against dueling and Anet would be nuts to put that in. I can't think of any other major feature besides housing which I already mentioned that continually comes up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

And I am quite sure if housing was also announced there would be people complaining that "it ain't expansion worthy system"

Every time someone asks for housing, there's a bunch of people in the thread asking why, so yeah, you're probably right. And I have seen more of a few threads requesting fishing. I don't personally get it myself, but given a choice, I'll probably do more fishing than I would use housing. 

• Like 1

Wow! Wowy!!  "Don't judge a book by its cover" has never been more perfect for this thread

We haven't seen all other Elite specs

We haven't seen how fishing will be implemented

We haven't seen how Siege turtle will be implemented

We haven't seen other masteries

Yet there are people here already getting their knickers in a twist over a simple "First look", and the Dev even said more will come!

This thread is an entire circus.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Wow! Wowy!!  "Don't judge a book by its cover" has never been more perfect for this thread

We haven't seen all other Elite specs

We haven't seen how fishing will be implemented

We haven't seen how Siege turtle will be implemented

We haven't seen other masteries

Yet there are people here already getting their knickers in a twist over a simple "First look", and the Dev even said more will come!

This thread is an entire circus.

But we saw :

- no new dungeon

- no new race

- no new class

- no new fractal

- no new PvP mode

- no new raid

- no new PvE mode

- no real Cantha video IG

- only 1 elite spe

"First Look" means the BIG POINT to sell the expansion. Pre-orders come just after so you don't only show "the cover".

Would be like selling a book only with the first page showed but you don't know the synopsis, the autor, the number of pages, if stand-alone or not, etc. The vendor doing this is BAD. Anet did a poor job to present the expansion and you can only talk about what has been showed. So yeah people are disappointed.

Edited by Mizuira.8245
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Mizuira.8245 said:

But we saw :

- no new dungeon

- no new race

- no new class

- no new fractal

- no new PvP mode

- no new raid

- no new PvE mode

- no real Cantha video IG

- only 1 elite spe

"First Look" means the BIG POINT to sell the expansion. Pre-orders come just after so you don't just show "the cover".

Would be like selling a book only with the first page showed but you don't know the synopsis, the autor, the number of pages, if stand-alone or not, etc. The vendor doing this is BAD. Anet did a poor job to present the expansion and you can only talk about what has been showed. So yeah people are disappointed.

And did'nt they say they will reveal more? Last I checked they said EoD will be released on Feb 2022,  6 months till then plenty of times to reveal more to hype up the playerbases, look at how people react to Necro Elite, and I find some stuffs you listed quite puzzling: 
-No new race? Again with the race? How r they gonna fit to vanilla/LS/Expac stories and Voicing those lines? What about animation and clothing? Look at Sylvari, beside /dance and running, all r copy-pasted from Human 
-No new class? I would say this would cost Anet more! First they need to come up which weight: Heavy? Medium? Light? or all of them which triple the works? Second the new class need Elite specs, this mean HoT & PoF Especs! Third how can they make the new class that won't feel like copy-pasted from existing classes?
-No new PvE mode? I'm sorry I didn't know PvE have other modes, what are they?

-No real Cantha video IG? Are you sure they won't show more in future?

-No new fractal? Didn't they make Sunqua peak to give us a taste of Cantha, even if they don't come with Xpac, LS will which are free btw

-Only 1 elite spec?  6 months till then plenty of times to reveal more to hype up the playerbases, look at how people react to Necro Elite.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

-No new class? I would say this would cost Anet more! First they need to come up which weight: Heavy? Medium? Light? or all of them which triple the works? Second the new class need Elite specs, this mean HoT & PoF Especs! Third how can they make the new class that won't feel like copy-pasted from existing classes?

On this point I believe they have said , now there are 3v3v3 for classes, they would rather do elite specs. I'm sure it's been touched on by someone else in one of these threads. 

I would say most things you can do with a new class you can do with an elite spec . 

41 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

And did'nt they say they will reveal more? Last I checked they said EoD will be released on Feb 2022,  6 months till then plenty of times to reveal more to hype up the playerbases, look at how people react to Necro Elite, and I find some stuffs you listed quite puzzling: 
-No new race? Again with the race? How r they gonna fit to vanilla/LS/Expac stories and Voicing those lines? What about animation and clothing? Look at Sylvari, beside /dance and running, all r copy-pasted from Human 
-No new PvE mode? I'm sorry I didn't know PvE have other modes, what are they?

-No real Cantha video IG? Are you sure they won't show more in future?

-No new fractal? Didn't they make Sunqua peak to give us a taste of Cantha, even if they don't come with Xpac, LS will which are free btw

-Only 1 elite spec?  6 months till then plenty of times to reveal more to hype up the playerbases, look at how people react to Necro Elite.

But the point is they already released pre-orders and people already bought it. Even the ultimate edition. So Anet say "I'll give you more details later" and people buy a 30-50-80$ pack without even knowing what it may contains. "This [...] is an entire circus" is what I'm thinking about this situation.

I feel sorry because your arguments are basically "I/we don't need it" or "is too expensive for Anet" . It sounds like an excuse for everything we didn't get in the annoucement. And I personally don't care about excuses, I hoped for CONTENT and not in 2023. As a GW1 player from 2005, the bare minimum is not even what has been announced.

Edited by Mizuira.8245
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Mizuira.8245 said:

And I personally don't care about excuses, I hoped for CONTENT and not in 2023. As a GW1 player from 2005, the bare minimum is not even what has been announced.

I'm sorry to say this, but you come across as incredibly spoiled right now.

They announced

• several new maps to explore
  • new storyline
  • new masteries
  • new instanced group content
  • 9 new ways to play your character, including a full traitline, 5 new heal/utility/ultimate skills, 2-5 new weapon skills and likely a new class mechanic for each of these 9
  • wvw alliances introduced alongside the expansion

If that is "not even the bare minimum", then you either haven't played any MMO expansions in the last decade or so (comparing both variety of content and price) or you are just trying to paint things black on technicalities (like naming specific kinds of instanced group content so you don't have to admit that they did announce several group instances as part of the expansion).

Edited by Rasimir.6239
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If these are the most important features then this expansion is a big disappointment, remember that HoT has introduced a new class, gliding and elite classes. Pof introduced mounts and more Elite. EoD's contribution to the game for now are other elites, 2 mounts and fishing .... FISHING !!! Ok I will buy the expansion, I have been playing non-stop since 2012 and this is my only pastime, but can I at least say that I am disappointed or do I have to pay and shut up?
Oh, I can have 1 character slot to add to the other 13 ... great !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mizuira.8245 said:

But the point is they already released pre-orders and people already bought it. Even the ultimate edition. So Anet say "I'll give you more details later" and people buy a 30-50-80$ pack without even knowing what it may contains. "This [...] is an entire circus" is what I'm thinking about this situation.

I feel sorry because your arguments are basically "I/we don't need it" or "is too expensive for Anet" . It sounds like an excuse for everything we didn't get in the annoucement. And I personally don't care about excuses, I hoped for CONTENT and not in 2023. As a GW1 player from 2005, the bare minimum is not even what has been announced.

I'm sorry but "I/we don't need it" or "is too expensive for Anet" is sometime valid, too many people want many things. If people pre-order that is their fault, you and I don't have to pre-order but the fact this whole thread is downplaying an Xpac into just a patch even though we still haven't see the full picture, is just disgusting. But if in the end this Xpac disappointed you, I'm sorry.

Edited by Ultramex.1506

1 hour ago, Mizuira.8245 said:

But the point is they already released pre-orders and people already bought it. Even the ultimate edition. So Anet say "I'll give you more details later" and people buy a 30-50-80$ pack without even knowing what it may contains. 

But it contains enough for them to buy it?

Some people may have had the criteria of "I'm not buying unless it contains fishing?"

Same for elite specs. I am sure people are holding off buying until their spec is there since for them that is their purchase / pre-order criteria. 

Same again for "A mount I can share with my friends."

You are making it sound like Anet are letting people buy without showing anything at all. But this just ignores the fact of the things they they did show and how they do appeal to people, just not to you. Some people may be like "Fishing...as a major feature...that doesn't even count!!!!" , Yet look at the myriad of fishing threads over the years, including like two new ones in a few months before the first look announcement. Those people will be like "Fishing...cool new major feature I am so excited".

There is this weird projection of personal views as the views of the community as a whole. " First look didn't contain stuff I wanted therefore it contained nothing at all / nothing that we wanted". 

Also, an excuse isn't a valid reason than you do not like.  

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

Do you honestly believe that is all that will be in this expansion? 

I do have to admit though that having 3 of 5 stated mastery lines being devoted to mounts/fishing is a little disappointing though.

As opposed to PoF having all of its masteries at launch focused solely on mounts?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Every time someone asks for housing, there's a bunch of people in the thread asking why, so yeah, you're probably right. And I have seen more of a few threads requesting fishing. I don't personally get it myself, but given a choice, I'll probably do more fishing than I would use housing. 

Well to be fair I will need to see how that fishing works before I judge how much I am likely to end up participating in that particular activity, as far as housing goes, as long as it would be basically scaled down guild hall, I would totally use it alot - case in point: the only reason why I didn't go haywire on guild hall decorations yet, is that the prices of guild hall stuff are not exactly tuned to single player doing it all....

10 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Having to have it to get your loot was the first blunder, it poping then before you get a chance to use it vanishes  ( the target you can use it on dies, since you have to have the right colour target to even use it) and you use a waystation ability instead really good idea that.

And its not multiple maps like 2 right? bjora and drizzlewood.

You dont say you have multiple legs do you no you have 2 all the way down to 0 if your unlucky.

Edited by Linken.6345

5 hours ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Don't forget HoT existed. It was a patch at expansion cost at launch.

And remains to this day the most consistently played open world content in the game.  All expansions are just patches.  They're big patches. HoT gave us gliding which fundamentally changed the game for a lot of people. It gave us the entire mastery system for core tyria  and HoT.  It gave us elite specs for the first time.  I can't understand how anyone can say HoT was just a patch with a straight face.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

And remains to this day the most consistently played open world content in the game.  All expansions are just patches.  They're big patches. HoT gave us gliding which fundamentally changed the game for a lot of people. It gave us the entire mastery system for core tyria  and HoT.  It gave us elite specs for the first time.  I can't understand how anyone can say HoT was just a patch with a straight face.

Not to mention it had a new class and raids. HOT laid the ground work for everything in game now. Only bad thing about it is that the events that take place during the day/before the metas are..not done much if it all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

Not to mention it had a new class and raids. HOT laid the ground work for everything in game now. Only bad thing about it is that the events that take place during the day/before the metas are..not done much if it all.

There's a reason for that. Anet decoupled night from day. At launch, doing day events gave you advantages in metas and people did them. But people complained it was too long for non casuals and so Anet decoupled them and it sort of affected the flow of all HoT.

I can still get every one of those event chains done by popping a tag and engaging in map chat but I'm just good at doing that.

• Like 3