Is anyone worried about the new warrior weapon in the upcoming expansion?

Verdict is Vengence.6912

8 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

I honestly cant see it. Shortbow wont bring anything new. Its mid range but its two handed, we already have a two handed condi and a power weapon. So by logic standing, for mid range it has to be a pistol.

I’m not advocating for it, just putting it out there as another potential weapon Anet could go with for the espec. 

Anything that bolsters ranged weapons for a Warrior.
So far everything we got is based around melee. 
Our gun deals very little damage.
Longbow is really bad too, unless you're going condi.

We could really do with a good power ranged weapon.
It's why I hope for a pistol or shortbow.

A staff is something that would be very similar to Daredevil thief, I don't think I'd want that for a Warrior, personal opinion ofc.

I hope so hard it won't be a support build, but a good power build that is a good alternative to Berserker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blur.3465 said:

Anything that bolsters ranged weapons for a Warrior.
So far everything we got is based around melee. 
Our gun deals very little damage.
Longbow is really bad too, unless you're going condi.

We could really do with a good power ranged weapon.
It's why I hope for a pistol or shortbow.

A staff is something that would be very similar to Daredevil thief, I don't think I'd want that for a Warrior, personal opinion ofc.

I hope so hard it won't be a support build, but a good power build that is a good alternative to Berserker.

It's entirely possible for it to be support, but also have valid power dps options. I expect Tactics on steroids tbh.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Shortbow is more likely to me than focus.

You can actually make alot of cool stuff with a focus warrior.

Many people always focus on the idea of it being used as a brass knuckle to punch things, but there are more possible options, especially with the Asian setting there are coming some ideas to my mind.

For example, in feudal Japan, the gunbai has been used, which was a wooden warfan used to give visual signals to soldiers and command them on the battlefield. Give warrior a focus, a gunbai skin alongside it and let them use it as a support tool in some way.

24 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

You can actually make alot of cool stuff with a focus warrior.

Many people always focus on the idea of it being used as a brass knuckle to punch things, but there are more possible options, especially with the Asian setting there are coming some ideas to my mind.

For example, in feudal Japan, the gunbai has been used, which was a wooden warfan used to give visual signals to soldiers and command them on the battlefield. Give warrior a focus, a gunbai skin alongside it and let them use it as a support tool in some way.

Yeah, but if support is what we are going for then what is really needed is a MH support weapon to pair with Warhorn.

Pistols for sure. They are giving us boats so warriors will be pirate/captain theme. Gangplank from League of Legends. Or go crazy and give warrior fighting styles that change existing weapon skills. Would help with how slow and clunky most warrior skills are right now.

1 hour ago, Eucyon.3479 said:

Pistols for sure. They are giving us boats so warriors will be pirate/captain theme. Gangplank from League of Legends. Or go crazy and give warrior fighting styles that change existing weapon skills. Would help with how slow and clunky most warrior skills are right now.

Warrior could be a pirate, buccaneer, swashbuckler, privateer, etc. Since most of the listed names aren't known to wear heavy armor, Warrior could be a Conquistador or Explorer who also sailed boats but wore armor and carried firearms.

Warriors could also be called Bounty Hunters and it's a name and theme I like a lot. A class called Mercenary would be cool too.

As fantastic as a warrior changing their skills depending on their fighting style would be, I doubt Anet would do that much.

Honestly, my greatest desire is to see a power ranged warrior. Bounty Hunter/Mercenary/Gunslinger type class.
Heavy armor, armed and ready for some serious fights and challenges, arsenal of weapons.
Pistols, rifles and shortbows being main weapons that could benefit from this new spec. 
Sounds bada$$ and could fight like a bada$$ 🙂
That's my greatest desire anyway.
Pistol auto attacks could cleave/ricochet, giving good AoE with several more skills to help with good AoE as well.
Single target damage could be a channel that can be used while moving and that could also ricochet.
Lots of interesting ideas could come from that and also give warrior a proper ranged weapon.

A warrior with a staff is literally copy/paste from Daredevil thief. I'll pass on that.

Edited by Blur.3465

1.) Roman Legionnaires have spears. Catholic Warrior/Legionnaire Saints Like Saint George and Saint Crescentinus and even Saint John the Warrior of the Orthodox have spears as their main weapon.. 

Paragons in GW1 won't carry on GW2 coz they are now describing Guardians (Champion Paragon if you win a set amount of rated sPvP fights on a guardian)

While Champion Legionnaire is gotten by Warriors..

and go to 1.)

and likely that spears could be a single weapon like staff. and with that, spears have to have skills to give hard toughness/barrier/non-damage, along with their higher damage when used as an offensive weapon.

and yes, your legendary underwater spears can be used and are not wasted after all.

or maybe all the classes that can use underwater spears can use the spear on land...

Edited by alcopaul.2156

Focus as brace knuckles sounds like a cool idea but that won't happen ever. Just imagine going around with two books of Ipos and slapping that edgy hand with its book around... Yeah no thanks.

I prefer a real support (staff like a real leader/commander, who is not blue and vomits magic everywhere) build which synergizes with tactics. And that means a tactics overhaul, too. In my opinion tactics just doesn't work well. Soldiers focus is a mess, the adept traits aren't good enough and vigorous shouts could pretty much be a minor trait at this point. We need group buffs, not heals on shouts. The only useful shouts are FGJ and SIO (which is situational at best). Can't waste all your utility slots on heals, also. 

Running a heal war with shouts is just as griefing as a mantra heal chronomancer at the moment. Rework or remove banners and warrior will be as dead in PVE as in PVP/WVW. Not to mention that all your dps builds rely more on banners than any other profession because of the stats (increases). It's just painful to see, that there are no real differences between banner and dps builds. Oh you already got banners? Let me just take two more rage skills, dont need to change my traits after all. Talking about a great state in all content...

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Focus as brace knuckles sounds like a cool idea but that won't happen ever. Just imagine going around with two books of Ipos and slapping that edgy hand with its book around... Yeah no thanks.

Imagine Thieves and Revenants slapping enemies with Kasmeer's Staff.

It's equally stupid as hitting enemies with most of the Focus skins.

• Confused 1

I hope its a new weapon type all together, Katana's or something cool. 

Like, I really hope we don't just get a pistol, and I hope the new spec makes for a very good solo build like every other class has. 

Is it too much to hope that Warrior is meta for an expansion? 

• Like 1

To be fair, there's no purely Power Shortbow specs in the game., and Warrior would be the most suited to it.

But I imagine its going to be a support weapon, they're the only class besides Thief that lacks a truely supportive subclass, and I have a feeling both of them will be going support in this expo as a result.

(Plus, I imagine they want to take some of the steam away from Guard and Rev.)

Remember, the devs want you to be able to bring the same character to any type of content. Its always been the game's motto, even if they deviated with it for a long time with HoT and somewhat with PoF.

Tbh they should've just moved all the Banners to F1-F5 and let you wield their original skills with a Staff. Making Bannerslave its own sub would've done wonders for Berserker/Spellbreaker by pushing out a stale meta forever. But its probably going to be something much more mundane.

(But they did this with Core Guard 2013->FB in PoF so who knows?)

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 8/7/2021 at 12:29 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Imagine Thieves and Revenants slapping enemies with Kasmeer's Staff.

It's equally stupid as hitting enemies with most of the Focus skins.

Not really. It looks a bit silly, not gonna lie, but not to the extent that beating someone with a harp or Binding of Ipos would look. 

I believe there are really 3 possibilities: shortbow, staff, or pistol(s).

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Not really. It looks a bit silly, not gonna lie, but not to the extent that beating someone with a harp or Binding of Ipos would look. 

I believe there are really 3 possibilities: shortbow, staff, or pistol(s).

This, we have enough melee though  so to me its either shortbow or pistols.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This, we have enough melee though  so to me its either shortbow or pistols.

I think you’re right. I just wanna find out which so I can start grinding the legendary, since neither Dreamer nor Quip would fit Warrior theme even remotely (at least what my vision of Warrior is). So it’ll be either Chuka or H.O.P.E. 

32 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I think you’re right. I just wanna find out which so I can start grinding the legendary, since neither Dreamer nor Quip would fit Warrior theme even remotely (at least what my vision of Warrior is). So it’ll be either Chuka or H.O.P.E. 

You can always reskin the weapon.

tbh none of the pistol legendary skins are that good to me. I'd just as well make Quip(s) and then reskin them to the seraph skins or something.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You can always reskin the weapon.

tbh none of the pistol legendary skins are that good to me. I'd just as well make Quip(s) and then reskin them to the seraph skins or something.

Yeah, you’re not wrong. That’ll probably end up being what I do, if we get shortbow I’m definitely crafting Chuka though (I like that skin).