Make claiming objects cost gold

Daredevil.2745

37 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

claiming gives too much stats, it should not be free. especially SM

Then you have never built up a guild hall for WvW being able to claim an objective is not cheap, So if a small guild can claim SMC or Center Fort good for them oh if they Scribe upgrades that costs Gold also

• Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Then you have never built up a guild hall for WvW being able to claim an objective is not cheap, So if a small guild can claim SMC or Center Fort good for them oh if they Scribe upgrades that costs Gold also

I know right?  Having scribed for two guilds it’s a small fortune just to upgrade the guild.  It’s less now but still.

nobody would claim things then. Wvw is the format with easily the WORST gold income of all formats existing. and u want any guild claim cost the claimer gold? xD

as others here said, i would also not claim anything. i don't need the stats anyways. and the stats rarely to never decide a fights outcome, i feel. smaller voice squads with 25-30 can farm 40-50+ defenders ideally within keeps, no matter the stats. (eventually they wipe after 30min+ due to arrowcart spam, or even catas built only to get some AoE cc up or singletargetfocus by 30 glasscannons, but the kd/R there says it all)

maybe stop posting random stuff, think about it before u push the post button. this literally is again some absurd idea @Daredevil.2745

• Like 1

You want to solve the SMC problem.  

1. Remove all the supply depots.  Yaks required to upgrade, but they have to get supply from their own keeps/tower/camps.

2.  Remove all siege except rams and oil, and limit rams to 3 on a gate.

3.  Remove bloodlust and make guild auras only apply when you are outnumbered.

Start there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The old upgrade costs were only a few gold and that was too much then.

This thread is pure comedy.

You should also check out OP's other threads. I swear dude just posts random things all the time.

As for the idea, no. You said you play on UW so you know how easy it is to cap a T3 SMC with an organized group less than 10 players.

This post is rather interesting, on my server, we have problem with unclaimed objectives. if you put gold on claiming, nothing on my server will be claimed ... lol please stop lmao.

I am in 4 nearly "dead" guilds just so I can use the claimant when needed.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

Didn't we have this system in the past? It required WvW players to spend time in PvE just to make enough gold to keep objectives going. Why return to a worse system than we have now?

Claiming in WvW was changed in 2015: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-objective-claiming-in-world-vs-world/

Could it use an overhaul by now? Sure, but certainly not in the direction of MORE PvE.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

14 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Claim a camp = 10gold

tower = 30 gold

keep = 50 gold

SM = 300 gold

It will make people more responsible about claiming and defending claimed objects + reduce stat buffs in general.

it should be the other way around - we should get paid when we flip something 

• Like 7

Truly the most epically ridiculous post I’ve seen in here in a very very long time.  You would have been better to ask for no more claiming.  The responses  would have been pretty much the same but at least the complete absurdity of the idea of not just paying to claim, but the amounts you have listed, would have been a bit less.  

• Like 2