Champions episode is lackluster at best. - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Champions episode is lackluster at best.

2>

Comments

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    Neither I nor anyone has said they had to release a strike mission with every single chapter.

    It seemed that it was inferred by the complaint that "yet another chapter" did not have a strike mission.

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    This is why I questioned it several posts back. I didn't understand the expectation and disappointment when it was never said that a strike mission would be released with every chapter. Perhaps I read too much into your complaint. If so, then sorry for the confusion.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Delita Silverburg.8632Delita Silverburg.8632 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    Neither I nor anyone has said they had to release a strike mission with every single chapter.

    It seemed that it was inferred by the complaint that "yet another chapter" did not have a strike mission.

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    This is why I questioned it several posts back. I didn't understand the expectation and disappointment when it was never said that a strike mission would be released with every chapter. Perhaps I read too much into your complaint. If so, then sorry for the confusion.

    Perhaps if I rephrase, it might clear things up.

    "Yet another chapter" equates to me saying "here we go again; another two more months without content I would actually enjoy playing in my favorite game. " Keep in mind that Whisper of Jormag is the last thing that was released that even resembles a raid, and it's release date was January 28th. So what you're seeing in my words is a general frustration in them going away from that sort of content over the past 10 months. Sure a majority of people don't like raids, but that doesn't mean that us minorities should be dismissed. I know I'm not alone in saying it's my favorite part of the game and shouldn't be just flat out ignored for over a year and a half now.

    I feel even worse for the WvW and PvP players who are desperately in need of something to sink their teeth into, even more so than raiders. They only got legendary trinkets and a warclaw mount. Not much.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    They might have realized this simply doesn't work. Strikes, for the most part, were drawing the very same crowd that was raiding earlier, and i doubt they eased into raiding enough of players that wouldn't have raided otherwise for it to matter.

    @radda.8920 said:
    And why arena could not satisfy several types of players, the raiders AND the casuals players?

    Because they didn't have enough resources for that, and trying just made everyone unsatisfied.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • radda.8920radda.8920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    They might have realized this simply doesn't work. Strikes, for the most part, were drawing the very same crowd that was raiding earlier, and i doubt they eased into raiding enough of players that wouldn't have raided otherwise for it to matter.

    @radda.8920 said:
    And why arena could not satisfy several types of players, the raiders AND the casuals players?

    Because they didn't have enough resources for that, and trying just made everyone unsatisfied.

    they didn't make anyone happy with this update. They didn't try to make HM content and yet even the casuals find this new chapter completely bad

    Same, with drizzlewood coast, it was pure casual content. spam 1 zerg kikoo to destroy doors and ridiculous champions ... and yet the majority of players hates this update as well.
    The problem with arena isn't that they try to keep everyone happy,but they don't make an effort to create innovative and interesting things.
    I hope they will prove me wrong with cantha because this saga was an abomination for almost every types of players

  • @radda.8920 said:

    @Svennis.3852 said:

    The writing was great

    it's so funny, you're a hell of a joker

    @Makuragee.3058 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    I know you guys are all gung ho about End of Dragons, but this has to be the worst content release since I've been back to the game. Lets go through the worst points I've experienced.

    1. ONE STORY INSTANCE. that's it? Just one? Disappointing.
    2. No new map to explore? Even more disappointment.
    3. Dragon Response Missions are not only buggy, but lackluster content at best.
      a. You have to be in the same EotN instance as all your party members in order to join the same instance of the DRM.
      b. I did the CMs with a pick up group of people without so much as a healer or any boons and completed it with over half the time still on the clock. CM still stands for "challenge mode" right? As in something that requires coordination and skill?
    4. New set of Stormcaller weapons that are only luck based drops attached to yet another high AP achievement. (Current TP price 400g ea.)
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    Bottom line: Casual players rejoice while raiders continue to cry. (Reminder: Last raid released 17 months ago now.)

    I'll leave you guys with this quote and I do hope you all have a great day regardless of my complaints about the design direction.

    A partially cooked poached egg needs to be put back in the oven, not given up on entirely.
    -Mighty Teapot

    Guild wars 2 was or should never be about raid. Its was an experiment the major part of the community does not give a f. about raid. Stop whinning and move on, there are plenty of other mmo focus on raiding.

    It's so arrogant to say that.
    And why arena could not satisfy several types of players, the raiders AND the casuals players?

    Casus have 99% of the game made for them so I don't see the hassle of creating HM content sometimes
    For example for the next extension (cantha), they can create lots of maps for casuals players and 2 raids for hm players (urgoz and the abyss like during gw1 faction) ..

    Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

  • @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    I kind of liked it. I liked that it drew people back to older content.

    Same here.
    The way how they butcher new maps made me appreciate the old maps. Not every place needs a meta or a warzone.
    I also got a nice GW1 feeling with the destroyers rising up.
    Only thing i would change is more story and the way how the story is presented.
    Having those conversation in the background while being busy fighting makes me lose the story feeling

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @radda.8920 said:
    The problem with arena isn't that they try to keep everyone happy,but they don't make an effort to create innovative and interesting things.
    I hope they will prove me wrong with cantha because this saga was an abomination for almost every types of players

    Narrator: Anet would not prove them wrong.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

    I personally don't think Champions so far is BAD... I liked the story and NPC interactions you get in them. (But read further...) But I feel that the combination of "short content" + "tedious grind" was a very poor choice. On their own, the DRMs are short and easy enough that they're useful "jump in with 4 PUGs and go" content for when you have 15 mins to kill in between other stuff. The problem is that you need to grind them repeatedly to get the currencies you need for skins, collections and AP, and so this "short and sweet" content will wear out its welcome VERY quickly. That endearing NPC chatter I mentioned earlier? It won't be so pleasant the 10th, 20th or 40th time you do it, which is what you'll have to do if you want to complete the Dragon Slayer weapons.

    To make matters worse, the rewards for the DRMs are fairly lackluster. The only really worthwhile thing of value from them are the Volcanic weapons, and they're fairly rare/locked behind RNG. (This could be partially corrected by allowing players to buy the Volcanic boxes for currency + mats though. It would also give more value to Tyrian Seals/faction tokens.)

  • I could pug Urgoz and UW. Doesn't seem like people pug raids.
    To many, raids are content that they will never play.
    Making raids a weekly thing is also troublesome for those who have jobs, kids etc. Hard to schedule with people's lives.
    I have no issues with raids at all but it doesn't seem like strikes or the dragon missions are leading up to raids at all.

  • @Teratus.2859 said:
    Much like dungeons there is a lot of waiting around for characters to talk

    There is - at a MINIMUM - 10 minutes of unbridled exposition IMMEDIATELY when starting this story. I listened to it the first time around, second time I was so bored I timed it. 10 minutes of exposition starting a new story. About 5 minutes in HoM, about 3 minutes in Rata Sum, and then another few minutes in the instance before you even get to actually do anything.

    I thought I hated it when I reached the steps in the previous ~4 stories where it's just "run around the map, kill things and do events to pad time because we can't be bothered to come out with meaningful story content to fill in here". At this point I'd take that over the mind-numbingly mundane drivel that I have to listen to every time I replay the story on an alt. At least I can actually work towards moving forward instead of the game telling me "no you can't play the instance now, listen to these guys bickering first".

    Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

  • @Galmac.4680 said:
    You tell us that Dragon Missions are NOT Strike Missions?????

    For all intents and purposes they are. "Dragon Response Missions" are the same as "Strike Missions". Just like the "Icebrood Saga" is the same as a "Living Story". A new name just makes it seem newer and shinier than the rest.

    Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

  • Delita Silverburg.8632Delita Silverburg.8632 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @Stormcrow.7513 said:
    I could pug Urgoz and UW. Doesn't seem like people pug raids.
    To many, raids are content that they will never play.
    Making raids a weekly thing is also troublesome for those who have jobs, kids etc. Hard to schedule with people's lives.
    I have no issues with raids at all but it doesn't seem like strikes or the dragon missions are leading up to raids at all.

    Raids are a weekly thing for literally every raider already. Most of us have static groups that clear the raids in a 3-4 hour period and then are reward capped for the week. The problem for us, is that the rewards are weekly locked instead of daily locked. If there was a way to repeat raids for a daily reward, that might be something that could definitely help our community a lot in terms of pugging. You'd have a lot more interest in jumping into raids every single day if there was a daily raid boss for extra loot beyond the weekly cap like how there is for strikes.

    As for strikes not leading up to raids, they were before forging steel and cold war came into existence. You needed to have specific group comps for Whisper and Boneskinner to get gold credit and they each also had mechanics that needed to be handled. I've said it before so I'll sound like a broken record, but the next logical step of strikes was to have one that was tougher than Whisper that required someone to tank it in some way. Make it hit a bit harder so toughness and blocking/healing are needed to survive. Also, I know quite a few players who do strikes daily but don't feel they are ready for raids. Strikes were in fact getting players to look at things like boon uptime and skill rotations. Strikes also are not as restrictive as have been claimed here on the forums. Yes, there are groups of ppl that want quick kills that require KP from raids, but there are also people out there helping teach newer players how to do the content well.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Makuragee.3058 said:

    @radda.8920 said:

    @Svennis.3852 said:

    The writing was great

    it's so funny, you're a hell of a joker

    @Makuragee.3058 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    I know you guys are all gung ho about End of Dragons, but this has to be the worst content release since I've been back to the game. Lets go through the worst points I've experienced.

    1. ONE STORY INSTANCE. that's it? Just one? Disappointing.
    2. No new map to explore? Even more disappointment.
    3. Dragon Response Missions are not only buggy, but lackluster content at best.
      a. You have to be in the same EotN instance as all your party members in order to join the same instance of the DRM.
      b. I did the CMs with a pick up group of people without so much as a healer or any boons and completed it with over half the time still on the clock. CM still stands for "challenge mode" right? As in something that requires coordination and skill?
    4. New set of Stormcaller weapons that are only luck based drops attached to yet another high AP achievement. (Current TP price 400g ea.)
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    Bottom line: Casual players rejoice while raiders continue to cry. (Reminder: Last raid released 17 months ago now.)

    I'll leave you guys with this quote and I do hope you all have a great day regardless of my complaints about the design direction.

    A partially cooked poached egg needs to be put back in the oven, not given up on entirely.
    -Mighty Teapot

    Guild wars 2 was or should never be about raid. Its was an experiment the major part of the community does not give a f. about raid. Stop whinning and move on, there are plenty of other mmo focus on raiding.

    It's so arrogant to say that.
    And why arena could not satisfy several types of players, the raiders AND the casuals players?

    Casus have 99% of the game made for them so I don't see the hassle of creating HM content sometimes
    For example for the next extension (cantha), they can create lots of maps for casuals players and 2 raids for hm players (urgoz and the abyss like during gw1 faction) ..

    Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

    Well considering easy mode is so easy to make according to those wanting it all over the forum.

    It should be the same level of effort to turn some of this easy content we get 99% of the time into new raid content just slap on some more mechanics and more preasure what could go wrong.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kurrilino.2706 said:

    @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    I kind of liked it. I liked that it drew people back to older content.

    Same here.
    The way how they butcher new maps made me appreciate the old maps. Not every place needs a meta or a warzone.
    I also got a nice GW1 feeling with the destroyers rising up.
    Only thing i would change is more story and the way how the story is presented.
    Having those conversation in the background while being busy fighting makes me lose the story feeling

    Yea were are all the vine touched/death destroyers from season 3.
    Why are there no new destroyers that are vine touched/death& branded now after kralk released its magic?

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Kurrilino.2706 said:

    @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    I kind of liked it. I liked that it drew people back to older content.

    Same here.
    The way how they butcher new maps made me appreciate the old maps. Not every place needs a meta or a warzone.
    I also got a nice GW1 feeling with the destroyers rising up.
    Only thing i would change is more story and the way how the story is presented.
    Having those conversation in the background while being busy fighting makes me lose the story feeling

    Yea were are all the vine touched/death destroyers from season 3.
    Why are there no new destroyers that are vine touched/death& branded now after kralk released its magic?

    There was an NPC who mentioned this IIRC, so it's a plot point apparently. Stay tuned, I guess.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @radda.8920 said:
    they didn't make anyone happy with this update. They didn't try to make HM content and yet even the casuals find this new chapter completely bad

    So? Do you really think that with this amount of resources they would have been able to do even one good raid wing?

    The problem with arena isn't that they try to keep everyone happy,but they don't make an effort to create innovative and interesting things.

    It's actually (as always) way more complicated.

    • they try to make everyone happy
    • they seem to not quite understand what would make players happy
    • they constantly try to create new and innovative (or sometimes just new) approaches to old problems
    • since they experiment, they often get it wrong
    • they don't have resources to make new types of content while keeping old and working content up to par, so they end up constantly abandoning old stuff
    • they don't have the resources to satisfy all the target groups they try to reach
    • (and, finally) they just don't have any unified vision for the game

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @Kondor.2904 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    5. Yet another chapter of living story released without a strike mission that prepares players for raids. I thought the goal was to give people a clear path to raiding content? That is what you claimed back at the beginning of the Icebrood Saga.

    I don't believe that this was ever stated as a goal. Do you have a quote somewhere?

    Here

    @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Hey everybody, my name is Andrew Gray. I took over as Content Design Lead a few months back and I want to talk a bit about last year, this year, and what's on the horizon for Guild Wars 2.

    • Our intention was for Strike Missions to be that intermediary step into 10-person content. As we've mentioned before and you've likely noticed, strike missions are getting harder. Once a full suite of strike missions is complete there should be a graceful ramp up to the existing raid content rather than the imposing leap that previously existed, and our hope is once that ramp is in place, the number of players participating in raids will go up. In addition to that, we're striving to make improvements to Strike Missions themselves to make grouping easier, and to improve the rewards. We hope this will help introduce more people to 10-person content, which will in turn increase the number of people interested in Raids.

    There is almost no logic to justify those claims. The correlation just isn't strong enough. Its like saying...if I wash my car windows I might wash my car? Ehhhhh....K.

    A true logical ramp for Strike Missions to raids would be to pair a strike mission to a raid boss. For that boss, introduce a few mechanics that would be in the raid i.e. for Vale Guardian have the Ice Construct do similar things (ice pylons or something). There, we literally just trained for the raid boss so when we actually do a training run or group up with raiders we hit the ground running. The current strike missions don't fully work out because on a few of them you can just ignore the mechanics and heal through it all.

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    The truth is, Anet starts working on some great content, then at the first sign of dislike from the player base, they give up and do something completely different.

    Yes, this is a common pattern that can be seen over the years with a lot of things in GW2.

    We didn't ask them to abandon Strikes completely, but rather to double down on them and add more mechanics to make them more raid like.

    Strikes were introduced as a stepping-stone to raids, to get more new players into raiding. I think that failed. And I also think it was/is a failure how Anet tried to push/force players, that do not like this kind of content, into Strikes.

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • I also felt let down at first but now I realized I got more time to catch up to the stuff I didn't do earlier due to break. Happily enough, other metas' population was not disturbed by new content so in the end it is kinda a win for me.
    Also, I realized that us being mean towards ANet won't solve anything because the past has proven so. Let's not talk people who work at ANet down, we don't know how things really are inside and what decides on what content gets released and in what form. Critique? Yes. Straight up flamin' their kitten? No.

    You just gotta look for positives, man.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @Miss Lana.5276 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    Much like dungeons there is a lot of waiting around for characters to talk

    There is - at a MINIMUM - 10 minutes of unbridled exposition IMMEDIATELY when starting this story. I listened to it the first time around, second time I was so bored I timed it. 10 minutes of exposition starting a new story. About 5 minutes in HoM, about 3 minutes in Rata Sum, and then another few minutes in the instance before you even get to actually do anything.

    I thought I hated it when I reached the steps in the previous ~4 stories where it's just "run around the map, kill things and do events to pad time because we can't be bothered to come out with meaningful story content to fill in here". At this point I'd take that over the mind-numbingly mundane drivel that I have to listen to every time I replay the story on an alt. At least I can actually work towards moving forward instead of the game telling me "no you can't play the instance now, listen to these guys bickering first".

    Yep.. it seriously upsets the replayability factor doesn't it.
    I like story, happy to listen to it over and over when running alts through stuff but if it's some kind of dungeon or mission or raid or strike that is supposed to be something you can farm or rush through for the actual content then having a lot of dialogue in there that you have to wait around for becomes severely annoying.

    This is actually the main reason I think Anet was right to separate the bulk of the Dungeon Story's into a specified Story modes while the explorable paths are much more designed for quickly running though.. most of the time anyway.
    We needed something similar for these Dragon missions, there's just too much dialogue on repeat runs which really drags them out..
    Again though I like story, it's what I play this game for mostly xD but too much in repeatable content like this is going to annoy a lot of people.
    You can at least get the single player experience by going in a solo private room which is nice but the dialogue is an issue in the group stuff.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zok.4956 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    The truth is, Anet starts working on some great content, then at the first sign of dislike from the player base, they give up and do something completely different.

    Yes, this is a common pattern that can be seen over the years with a lot of things in GW2.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that Anet has the internal metrics and knows what content players are actually playing. It may not be a "dislike" of content, but rather content that is preferred or more rewarding.

    We didn't ask them to abandon Strikes completely, but rather to double down on them and add more mechanics to make them more raid like.

    Strikes were introduced as a stepping-stone to raids, to get more new players into raiding. I think that failed. And I also think it was/is a failure how Anet tried to push/force players, that do not like this kind of content, into Strikes.

    Agreed. I think it was an incorrect assumption that including raids/strikes would pull players in from other games. From what I've read/heard, these content types weren't received very well. I think that it was a mistake for Anet to make GW2 into something it's not. IMO, they should have stuck with what worked and put resources into making that content better.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I only have issues with strikes being already abandoned and replaced by something else that could have been perfectly a strike instead of a new name and a new category. it's even entered through the same portal!

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Zok.4956 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    The truth is, Anet starts working on some great content, then at the first sign of dislike from the player base, they give up and do something completely different.

    Yes, this is a common pattern that can be seen over the years with a lot of things in GW2.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that Anet has the internal metrics and knows what content players are actually playing. It may not be a "dislike" of content, but rather content that is preferred or more rewarding.

    Yes, they do have such metrics. The history has shown however, that they are capable of making the most rudimentary mistakes when interpreting said metrics. Like it happened in the infamous Twilight Armor Forward Up path case (and, later Twilight Assault one).

    Basically, the metrics can show them the trends, but there's nothing in there telling them the reasons behind those trends.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @Zok.4956 said:

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    The truth is, Anet starts working on some great content, then at the first sign of dislike from the player base, they give up and do something completely different.

    Yes, this is a common pattern that can be seen over the years with a lot of things in GW2.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that Anet has the internal metrics and knows what content players are actually playing. It may not be a "dislike" of content, but rather content that is preferred or more rewarding.

    Yes, they do have such metrics. The history has shown however, that they are capable of making the most rudimentary mistakes when interpreting said metrics. Like it happened in the infamous Twilight Armor Forward Up path case (and, later Twilight Assault one).

    Basically, the metrics can show them the trends, but there's nothing in there telling them the reasons behind those trends.

    I agree. I was arguing the point that it was because of the "first sign of dislike" since we can't know that.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    The missions kinda cover for the 1 story thing.. I didn't mind that so much but I do prefer my story content solo rather than party based.

    That said I can see repeating these missions and having to go through all that story dialogue over and over and over again will get very very tedious very quickly >.<
    Much like dungeons there is a lot of waiting around for characters to talk which is fine for me when Im doing the content for the story but when I just want to rush through for the rewards it can be quite annoying.

    I think it would have been better had Anet made solo story instances of these missions and then a group version without most of the dialogue for reward farming.

    This. Just this.

  • Greg.7086Greg.7086 Member ✭✭✭

    @Delita Silverburg.8632 have to totally agree with you. Played the story last night for first time and all 3 Public Instances and have to say for me this is the poorest release by far. "A Recycled old content release at best" Core Tyria maps, destroyers everywhere (not seen them before honestly!) didn't capture my imagination in the slightest, in fact I exited early at went back into WvW. Few new achievements, mastery track, few new weapons, rest just recycled boredom.

    I really would wish Anet would have prioritised sorting out their tech issues (lag, so many bug issues etc.) in preparation for Steam Release than releasing this poor content, can we even call it new content ?

  • My personal complaints about overall design aside, I actually feel we would have been better off had they just told us "Regular content releases are on hiatus while we work on the expac." and given us no release at all for 4-6 months. Like, even through this forum thread, there are one, maybe two people who have said they are happy with this content and each of them still have "buts" in their posts. DRM are not what anyone want. This helps neither normal nor hardcore players in any way.

  • blp.3489blp.3489 Member ✭✭✭

    If what we have got so far is all we were getting I would be a little disappointed, but that's not my expectation. I'll wait for a few weeks to see the rest of the content in this chapter before coming to a conclusion. Potentially, having something new every week might be better than a single drop that's played through in a few hours and then another two month wait. We'll see.

  • Einlanzer.1627Einlanzer.1627 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

    regarding maps, I'm in the camp that believes a new open PVE map with every episode is too much and a bad approach. Early on it was great because the game was content starved, but at this point it's created too many competing zerg metas/events, spread the population out too much, and made the world just plain feel chaotic.

    This is why their decision to abandon dungeons years ago was really dumb and it's astounding they still haven't really reversed it. If over the last five years we had received a more balanced mixture of open world zones, raids, dungeons, story content, and pvp maps the game would almost certainly be healthier than it is now.

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @blp.3489 said:
    If what we have got so far is all we were getting I would be a little disappointed, but that's not my expectation. I'll wait for a few weeks to see the rest of the content in this chapter before coming to a conclusion.

    That's what probably a lot of players think since Episode 1 (the first after the Prolog) of this Saga.

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • Algreg.3629Algreg.3629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2020

    @Makuragee.3058 said:

    Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

    arrogance would imply a position of superiority which is hard to imagine here.

    Strange, I cannot think of a single MMORPG in all these years and barely of any other MMO that does not feature instanced content.

  • @Algreg.3629 said:

    @Makuragee.3058 said:

    Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

    arrogance would imply a position of superiority which is hard to imagine here.

    Strange, I cannot think of a single MMORPG in all these years and barely of any other MMO that does not feature instanced content.

    BDO might be one, though I could be wrong, it has content I've not ever gotten around to.

    Hate Is Fuel.

  • @The Greyhawk.9107 said:

    @Junkpile.7439 said:
    What is even should do in this episode?

    Umm, wut?

    He makes a good point.