Achievement Points Cap?

So I stopped getting achievement points accumulated recently when doing dailies/monthlies. I'm told by a friend that once you accumulate 15000 points doing dailies and monthlies combined that you don't get points for these anymore. If that's true then what's the point of the daily and monthly achievements? Especially when the messaging continues to tell me it's giving me points it's not giving me.. ???

So at this point, considering this is true (I've opened a support ticket to confirm), there's zero point in doing any dailies of any sort after 15k points. sigh

One of the greatest injustices yet to be corrected. Its age discrimination I tell you! Just because my characters are piling up birthday presents, doesn't mean they have stopped achieving!! Are new player skins soooo thin that they will be intimidated by the vast achievements of people who have religiously logged in and participated...or will they be impressed that a game has done such a fine job holding our interest for so long? I agree with Balthazzarr! Set our AP free!!

Yes that is the cap for those. In the hero panel you can hover over your achievement number it will show you your month and dailies are at a combined 15k. It would be nice with some sort of in game indication for sure, I know the wiki says if you look it up there though. As for why to still do dailies? well you don't have to if your only reason was for AP. Still a quick 2g though, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

There are many other threads about this, but every time I see one I get sad all over again.

Daily AP are a nice way for me to chip toward my fashionwars reward goals (AP rewards contain armors and weapon sets), and I dread the day I hit 15k and can't get them anymore. It isn't that I don't do other things that grant AP, I do (and maybe more often than is healthy), but the dailies bring me back to parts of the game I haven't visited in a long time and give traffic to maps that really need it for collections and other purposes.

After I hit the cap, I'll still get some currency for doing dailies, but AP are the main incentive for me. I can farm game currency anywhere I want and as often as I want, but AP not so much. Some people are really particular about where they get their AP from, but I'm happy enough seeing the number slowly go up whether it's from stationary achievements or dailies. I'd be glad to see the cap removed.

I think some of the fault is that when you complete the 3 dailies, it still shows an award of 10 AP, but your AP does not in fact go up. It would be better if in fact it instead showed 0 AP as the reward (though then people would ask, why am I now getting 0 AP). But it showing 10 AP that you in fact do not get is a bit misleading.

@Phatt Dude.7538 said:One of the greatest injustices yet to be corrected. Its age discrimination I tell you! Just because my characters are piling up birthday presents, doesn't mean they have stopped achieving!! Are new player skins soooo thin that they will be intimidated by the vast achievements of people who have religiously logged in and participated...or will they be impressed that a game has done such a fine job holding our interest for so long? I agree with Balthazzarr! Set our AP free!!

Easy gold and spirit shards.

@Phatt Dude.7538 said:One of the greatest injustices yet to be corrected. Its age discrimination I tell you! Just because my characters are piling up birthday presents, doesn't mean they have stopped achieving!! Are new player skins soooo thin that they will be intimidated by the vast achievements of people who have religiously logged in and participated...or will they be impressed that a game has done such a fine job holding our interest for so long? I agree with Balthazzarr! Set our AP free!!

Yesssss. See this is our punishment for being wvw lifers. Now in order to get bigger achievement chests we are forced to do pve. Lol guess I’ll be staying at this level perm.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Well PvE, WvW, and sPvP are all part of one game; not three separate games. Players who isolate themselves to one part of the game, especially if it happens to be a very small part, will lose out on things.

Fine, then anet can change the messaging so it doesn’t say it’s giving ap when it’s not.

@moony.5780 said:

@Cobra.6509 said:It was a very good day for me when I capped 15k. No more worries about dailies. Enjoying this since then. IF tomorrow ANET change the cap I will be very mad.I wanted to ask you, why you dont just enjoy the game even if the cap was not there...but i guess its a rude thing to ask?

I wanted to ask you, why you dont just enjoy the game even if the cap is there....after all AP are just some numbers nothing to do with your DPS and your kill records...but i guess its a rude thing to ask.

Dailies have capped at 15k for about 5-6 years when they redid the system to make things fairer for incoming players and took away the need for players to feel like they always had to login (I've not hit the cap myself despite being here from Day 1). You can see the cap when you hover over your achievements point breakdown.

It's fine to be honest. I'm not against it being uncapped, but it was never meant to be a way to forever get AP - that's why they later added the 2g so people still got something after the cap was reached.

Anet long since gave up on keeping the AP system up to date or worthwhile, so I can't see it ever changing

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@"Phatt Dude.7538" said:One of the greatest injustices yet to be corrected. Its age discrimination I tell you! Just because my characters are piling up birthday presents, doesn't mean they have stopped achieving!! Are new player skins soooo thin that they will be intimidated by the vast achievements of people who have religiously logged in and participated...or will they be impressed that a game has done such a fine job holding our interest for so long? I agree with Balthazzarr! Set our AP free!!

Yesssss. See this is our punishment for being wvw lifers. Now in order to get bigger achievement chests we are forced to do pve. Lol guess I’ll be staying at this level perm.

"I can't have the same amount of achievement points as players going through wider range of content while I play a single mode, SO unfair!"Makes perfect sense to me tbh.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Phatt Dude.7538" said:One of the greatest injustices yet to be corrected. Its age discrimination I tell you! Just because my characters are piling up birthday presents, doesn't mean they have stopped achieving!! Are new player skins soooo thin that they will be intimidated by the vast achievements of people who have religiously logged in and participated...or will they be impressed that a game has done such a fine job holding our interest for so long? I agree with Balthazzarr! Set our AP free!!

"I can't have the same amount of
achievement points
as players going through wider range of content while I play a single mode, SO unfair!"Makes perfect sense to me tbh.

Nope I didn’t really say that. I did say that since this is the case there’s no real point in doing dailies, for me anyway, and they Anet should not display a message saying I for achievement points that I didn’t get.

Frankly I don’t understand the need for you to be rude. ah well

achievement points
as players going through wider range of content while I play a single mode, SO unfair!"Makes perfect sense to me tbh.

Nope I didn’t really say that. I did say that since this is the case there’s no real point in doing dailies, for me anyway, and they Anet should not display a message saying I for achievement points that I didn’t get.

I don't see how I'm rude here....and didn't you say that? This is what you've wrote: "See this is our punishment for being wvw lifers. Now in order to get bigger achievement chests we are forced to do pve". I don't know how else I should have interpreted that.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

achievement points

I don't see how I'm rude here....and didn't you say that? This is what you've wrote: "
See this is our punishment for being wvw lifers. Now in order to get bigger achievement chests we are forced to do pve
". I don't know how else I should have interpreted that.

haaaa. k you got me there. bam!

It was kind of tongue in cheek but ya...

It was actually older players with lots of AP who asked for AP from dailies to be capped, because they were sick of feeling like they had to log in and had to do dailies every single day just to keep their place in the leaderboards. It was literally a never-ending task and some of them got quite passionate about how much they hated doing it, but felt like their only choice was to keep going or give up on caring about AP or the leaderboards at all because there was no way to keep up relying purely on other sources. This was years ago so all the discussion about it was on the old forum, but the topics are still archived if you want to find them.

Once you've reached the AP cap you will still get the other rewards from dailies, so they can be worth doing for that reason, like the other daily achievement categories. But also to reach the cap you have to have been playing for at least 1,500 days (just over 4 years) so by then you should have a fairly good idea of what's available and what you like doing. If you like AP hunting you can focus on the other achievements - there's no cap for AP from non-repeatable achievements.

achievement points

I don't see how I'm rude here....and didn't you say that? This is what you've wrote: "
See this is our punishment for being wvw lifers. Now in order to get bigger achievement chests we are forced to do pve
". I don't know how else I should have interpreted that.

haaaa. k you got me there. bam!

It was kind of tongue in cheek but ya...

Cool. Claiming what I wrote was somehow "rude" must have also been tongue in cheek and not just you disliking getting called out on what you said, I guess. ;)

Anyways, while playing wvw you complete a lot of those dialies pretty passively as long as you're somewhat active in the mode. Those dialies aren't useless and there is a point to complete them, because the ap isn't the only reward they offer. I don't see anything unfair about that, but sure -maybe they should communicate better on the fact that the player no longer receives the points for the dailies. And that's about it.

• Confused 1

I think the question is, is it noteworthy that a person continues to log in and do some cursory events to maintain activity in the game, and hopefully; help new players with content which has become ancient and arcane to many of us. Senior players at their best help new players a lot, and the achievements tabulation is a simple tip of the hat to them for that contribution. Also, every action has intended and unintended consequences. You help one group of players and hurt another. In this case, putting a cap on daily achievement rewards; hurts the active senior player. It helps the senior players who are inactive hold on to their positions at the top of the achievement boards while doing nothing. It has the apparent effect of helping new players who might be overwhelmed by the lofty achievement totals of us old guys, but it also cuts them off at the knees because without an inducement to participate in events we no longer get achievements for, senior players will drop out and areas of the map if not eventually the whole map will become inactive and new players trying to make their way thru that content will be hard pressed to find party members to pursue those achievements.

I still login I still play. I didnt think losing the 10 ap a day would matter to me or impact my play until I hit the cap. I do have to admit that I often forget to even look at the normal daily panel about the half the time now. I dont really care about the 2g at all, but I mean sure its still 2g I guess. It does give me one less reason to play thought, sure.

I think the best solution to please all would be if it was uncapped to only give 1 point after reaching the 15k cap.New players wouldn't be much more behind, old players would have more reason to do daily and arena net wouldn't have to worry to much about creating new rewards

@jokke.6239 said:I think the best solution to please all would be if it was uncapped to only give 1 point after reaching the 15k cap.New players wouldn't be much more behind, old players would have more reason to do daily and arena net wouldn't have to worry to much about creating new rewards

Well the ones at the top of leaderboard would complain that they actually have to start doing daily again tho :expressionless:EditWe had one of them complain so much about the spvp title achievements that they removed the ap rewards for them.

@Linken.6345 said:

@jokke.6239 said:I think the best solution to please all would be if it was uncapped to only give 1 point after reaching the 15k cap.New players wouldn't be much more behind, old players would have more reason to do daily and arena net wouldn't have to worry to much about creating new rewards

Well the ones at the top of leaderboard would complain that they actually have to start doing daily again tho :expressionless:

Well, they already have a huge advantage on the leaderboards because of festivals and living story season 1 over new/newer players.I guess you could argue that it is fair that they have more points from time exclusive AP since they have played so long and kept logging in, but that same reason actually supports adding more time exclusive AP