Would you like more fur/pelt armour pieces? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Would you like more fur/pelt armour pieces?

Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 17, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Looking around at my fellow Norns, the Houndskin shoulder skin is hugely popular.

Even occasionally seen worn by the smaller races. Occasionally.

Surely I cannot, then, be alone in wanting more similar models to be added to the game?

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

Would you like more fur/pelt armour pieces? 83 votes

Yas!
81%
Red Haired Savage.5430godfat.2604Nikal.4921Rauderi.8706Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864mosser.7695Lucentfir.7430Ashantara.8731MrForz.1953Randulf.7614Mea.5491BlueBudgie.2179Bjorn Wolfen.4752Dragana.1497Scipion.7548Ardid.7203Witch of Doom.5739Obtena.7952Tsume.4762Artemisa.9013 68 votes
Nas....
18%
TheSlothArmada.6709Pifil.5193kharmin.7683Kalendraf.9521Zaraki.5784sokeenoppa.5384Crossaber.8934Eme.2018Kumouta.4985Zaklex.6308Felix.7289Doctor Hide.6345Tails.9372Masteriron.2835Cifrer.6013 15 votes

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not a look I've ever wanted on any of my characters so I probably wouldn't use it except in the unlikely event I make a new and totally different one, but more choices are always a good thing.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

I'd love this. My norn gal got cheated with her Wolfborn armor...guys got an awesome fur-lined, over-the-shoulder tunic. Ladies got a thin, flimsy wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. There are little details of fur on that armor, but not as much as the male version. I won't deny the female version also looks amazing...save for that whole "is your armor painted on or vacuum-sealed to your skin, how else is it staying put" thing...but I would have loved it if it was closer to the male version with fur lining the edge.

So, long ramble short, more fur/pelt armor pieces (that, preferably, don't change that much from the male to female versions) would be fantastic.

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• Yas!

Mostly I would like the Norn Shaman outfits (including the Raven ones, which are feathered, not furry). I would actually play as a Norn if I could dress them like this!

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

Yep, would love more down to earth armor in general, cybergoth looks and such that tend to be released recently aren't my cup of tea (not in an High Fantasy game anyway).

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Charr_Hide_armor

I always missed that one from GW1, though obviously the name would have to be changed to something else now.

+1 the norn shaman skins.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy 14, Dragon's Dogma

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

Yes, there are Norn NPCs with fur outfits. It's the shaman of the spirits and they have the best looking outfits yet. Of course we can't get them though. I'd also like to see more steampunk outfits(no coats, just corsets/ belts/ poofy sleeves/ goggles)

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 for Charr Hide armor to make a comeback.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    It's not a look I've ever wanted on any of my characters so I probably wouldn't use it except in the unlikely event I make a new and totally different one, but more choices are always a good thing.

I share this opinion exactly (as is common with the majority of Danikat's posts). I am unlikely to ever use such appearance options, but I'm not at all against more appearances of this style being available for those that would like them.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yas!

Only if those pieces have actual dye channels. I wear the Balthazar-houndskin one as a trophy (because kitten that guy), but there aren't enough dye channels to make the fur look good.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yas!

I see an absolute necessity for this, especially for the Norn. Why on earth don't all their cultural armor sets look "properly norn"? Sure, let female Norn run around half-naked in the cold, makes perfect sense to me.

• Doctor Hide.6345Doctor Hide.6345 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2018
    Nas....

Not really. I have never liked pieces like that because I think they look ugly. I would prefer something different instead they focus their energy on.(Armor Piece wise like a new Three piece business suit)

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

Yas!

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:
    Not really. I have never liked pieces like that because I think they look ugly. I would prefer something different instead they focus their energy on.(Armor Piece wise like a new Three piece business suit)

Errr... This is a classical fantasy game, not the Sims. Just saying.

edited March 19, 2018
    Nas....

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Errr... This is a classical fantasy game, not the Sims. Just saying.

We already have robots, exo suits, and cowboy outfits making that argument moot. It's also steam punk fantasy and not classical because we have guns and sci-fi stuff as well. Last edit, it's not even pure steam punk because of Asuran Tech, so I would say its more of a sci-fi and steam punk mix like WildStar than traditional fantasy.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

edited March 19, 2018
    Yas!

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:
    We already have robots, exo suits, and cowboy outfits making that argument moot. It's also steam punk fantasy and not classical because we have guns and sci-fi stuff as well. Last edit, it's not even pure steam punk because of Asuran Tech, so I would say its more of a sci-fi and steam punk mix like WildStar than traditional fantasy.

I am not a fan of cowboy outfits or sci-fi suits. I don't need more real-world stuff like "business suits" as little as I need more sci-fi or hyper-developed magi-tech in the game. They've toned it down recently, which I appreciated, and hope they will keep it that way.

I can live with Charr engineering and basic Asura tech, but I don't need to have Sims content in the game in addition to any of the things that already are off and don't fit.

Nas....

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I am not a fan of cowboy outfits or sci-fi suits. I don't need more real-world stuff like "business suits" as little as I need more sci-fi or hyper-developed magi-tech in the game. They've toned it down recently, which I appreciated, and hope they will keep it that way.

I can live with Charr engineering and basic Asura tech, but I don't need to have Sims content in the game in addition to any of the things that already are off and don't fit.

I will disagree with you then because I think a 3 piece suit is exactly what this game needs over some ugly furs. I hope they increase the non traditional fantasy armor which I find plain boring most of the time.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2018
    Yas!

Yes! Any armour pieces, in fact!
    But as OP said, I would love to dress up more armorsets for my Norns, more racial "theme"! :) I love the norn cultural armor...

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

Sure, I’m always down for cool armor. Fur armors would look good on rangers, Charr, norn especially.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

It's one of those questions that makes me go "why would I wanna say no to more options?".

• Yas!

I'd love more Viking inspired armor.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2018
    Nas....

While I definitely want to see more armor options in the game, I'm not a fan of furry/fuzzy armors, so I voted against this. However, I would definitely support a broader option of more armors that incorporate pieces of animal hides/skins in general, especially simpler designs with a primitive or tribal theme.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yas!

@Kalendraf.9521 said:
    However, I would definitely support a broader option of more armors that incorporate pieces of animal hides/skins in general, especially simpler designs with a primitive or tribal theme.

Then why vote no? That's exactly what I'm asking for.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yas!

Any armor piece > Outfits.

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭
    Nas....

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Kalendraf.9521 said:
    However, I would definitely support a broader option of more armors that incorporate pieces of animal hides/skins in general, especially simpler designs with a primitive or tribal theme.

Then why vote no? That's exactly what I'm asking for.

Because your answer is specifying fur/pelt which implies something furry or fuzzy which is not what I want. The hides/skins I want more of in game would be skins of the smooth & hairless variety. Essentially tanned variants of animal skins similar to leather but with different textures, color patterns (stripes, spots, etc), and so forth.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    Yas!

I would kill to have some of that stuff on my 100% rage fueled warrior.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Fur? Like Charr Fur? Norn hunting Charr for fashion? A new "Fashion Wars"?

Yas!

@Scarlett.1605 said:
    Fur? Like Charr Fur? Norn hunting Charr for fashion? A new "Fashion Wars"?

Well, it happened in GW1 so why not.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Missing the "I don't care that much"-option I didn't vote. Sure more skins are always better as it gives more choice and by the way you're asking I assume you mean armors not outfits which I would also highly prefer. But at this point I think we have a large variety of skins available and I'd rather have them put more effort into something else.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

Yas!

@lokh.2695 said:
    Missing the "I don't care that much"-option I didn't vote. Sure more skins are always better as it gives more choice and by the way you're asking I assume you mean armors not outfits which I would also highly prefer. But at this point I think we have a large variety of skins available and I'd rather have them put more effort into something else.

It is not missing. I deliberately didn’t put it because people who don’t care would probably just not click the topic in the first place.

• Yas!

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Scarlett.1605 said:
    Fur? Like Charr Fur? Norn hunting Charr for fashion? A new "Fashion Wars"?

Well, it happened in GW1 so why not.

the good ol' days when you'd hire a gate monkey for a 100 gold coins to go skin some Charr on the other side of the wall.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

I always wondered why we get scraps of fur as a junk item and never had it as a crafting material.
    Fur lined boots, fur collars etc .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.