Would you like more fur/pelt armour pieces?

Oglaf.1074

I'd love this. My norn gal got cheated with her Wolfborn armor...guys got an awesome fur-lined, over-the-shoulder tunic. Ladies got a thin, flimsy wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. There are little details of fur on that armor, but not as much as the male version. I won't deny the female version also looks amazing...save for that whole "is your armor painted on or vacuum-sealed to your skin, how else is it staying put" thing...but I would have loved it if it was closer to the male version with fur lining the edge.

So, long ramble short, more fur/pelt armor pieces (that, preferably, don't change that much from the male to female versions) would be fantastic.

@Danikat.8537 said:It's not a look I've ever wanted on any of my characters so I probably wouldn't use it except in the unlikely event I make a new and totally different one, but more choices are always a good thing.

I share this opinion exactly (as is common with the majority of Danikat's posts). I am unlikely to ever use such appearance options, but I'm not at all against more appearances of this style being available for those that would like them.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:Not really. I have never liked pieces like that because I think they look ugly. I would prefer something different instead they focus their energy on.(Armor Piece wise like a new Three piece business suit)

Errr... This is a classical fantasy game, not the Sims. Just saying.

We already have robots, exo suits, and cowboy outfits making that argument moot. It's also steam punk fantasy and not classical because we have guns and sci-fi stuff as well. Last edit, it's not even pure steam punk because of Asuran Tech, so I would say its more of a sci-fi and steam punk mix like WildStar than traditional fantasy.

@"Doctor Hide.6345" said:We already have robots, exo suits, and cowboy outfits making that argument moot. It's also steam punk fantasy and not classical because we have guns and sci-fi stuff as well. Last edit, it's not even pure steam punk because of Asuran Tech, so I would say its more of a sci-fi and steam punk mix like WildStar than traditional fantasy.

I am not a fan of cowboy outfits or sci-fi suits. I don't need more real-world stuff like "business suits" as little as I need more sci-fi or hyper-developed magi-tech in the game. They've toned it down recently, which I appreciated, and hope they will keep it that way.

I can live with Charr engineering and basic Asura tech, but I don't need to have Sims content in the game in addition to any of the things that already are off and don't fit.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Doctor Hide.6345" said:We already have robots, exo suits, and cowboy outfits making that argument moot. It's also steam punk fantasy and not classical because we have guns and sci-fi stuff as well. Last edit, it's not even pure steam punk because of Asuran Tech, so I would say its more of a sci-fi and steam punk mix like WildStar than traditional fantasy.

I am not a fan of cowboy outfits or sci-fi suits. I don't need more real-world stuff like "business suits" as little as I need more sci-fi or hyper-developed magi-tech in the game. They've toned it down recently, which I appreciated, and hope they will keep it that way.

I can live with Charr engineering and basic Asura tech, but I don't need to have Sims content in the game in addition to any of the things that already are off and don't fit.

I will disagree with you then because I think a 3 piece suit is exactly what this game needs over some ugly furs. I hope they increase the non traditional fantasy armor which I find plain boring most of the time.

While I definitely want to see more armor options in the game, I'm not a fan of furry/fuzzy armors, so I voted against this. However, I would definitely support a broader option of more armors that incorporate pieces of animal hides/skins in general, especially simpler designs with a primitive or tribal theme.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Kalendraf.9521 said:However, I would definitely support a broader option of more armors that incorporate pieces of animal hides/skins in general, especially simpler designs with a primitive or tribal theme.

Then why vote no? That's exactly what I'm asking for.

Because your answer is specifying fur/pelt which implies something furry or fuzzy which is not what I want. The hides/skins I want more of in game would be skins of the smooth & hairless variety. Essentially tanned variants of animal skins similar to leather but with different textures, color patterns (stripes, spots, etc), and so forth.

Archived